- Around 6+ years of experience in Software development and testing which includes Automation and Manual testing using Selenium and QTP.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional and Junit/TestNG, Load Runner.
- Hands on experience in Quality Assurance including Functional, System, Smoke, Regression, and Integration, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Compatibility Testing of Web and Client server based Applications.
- Experienced in both Agile and Waterfall Software Development Models.
- Expert and working knowledge quality assurance Web based testing like UI testing, Smoke, ad - hoc, black box, integration, Security, Functional, Cross Browser, GUI, UAT, Load/Performance, regression, automated and Database Testing.
- Experience in Data driven testing, Cross Browser testing and Parallel Test execution using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behaviour and continuous Integration using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Complete knowledge and Expertise in Automation Framework Development
- Experience in writing Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors.
- Strong skill in Backend Testing using SQL queries on Oracle 10g/11g/12c.
- Experienced in using SOAP UI for testing web services developed using SOAP UI.
- Very strong in performing CRUDE via Front and Backend Testing on various Database Structures -MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MangoDB, various application logs & flat-files).
- Deep knowledge in creating, maintaining and executing automated tests using Selenium WebDriver and the Grid Server.
- Design, implement and maintain industry standard Frameworks for Test Automation -Data Driven, Hybrid & Keyword driven Frameworks and Skilled in identifying, logging and tracking Defects/Bugs.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (IDE, RC, Web driver) and preparation of automation test framework.
- Created automated Test scripts using automated tools and ran the Test scripts on various Builds and instances.
- Strong skills in backend (in both Relational & Hierarchical database) testing and Writing SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validating business rules.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Solid knowledge in Java and OOPS concepts (Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism), Object, Method, Interface, Abstract Class, Keywords and Variables required for Selenium frameworks.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management tolls like Ant, MAVEN and Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT and good experience in VBScript and Descriptive programming.
- Specialized in performance testing applications using load-testing tools such as HP Load Runner, Performance Center, Jmeter;
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using ALM/Quality Center (QC), BugZilla, Jira and very good knowledge of Core JAVA and .NET.
- Experience in identifying object locators and creating object Repository using Fire-bug.
- Experienced in Test coordination between Onsite and Offshore team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and strong oral and written communication skills.
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall and SDLC.
Testing Tools:: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID/RC, QTP/UFT, JMeter, HP load Runner, Web Services, SOAP UI, RESTFUL, Protractor, Jenkins, Cucumber, Firebug, Manual Testing, Appium (Android & iOS Testing)
Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Hybrid Testing, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, log4j.
Build & Integration tools:: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson.
Programming Languages: Core Java, C#, .Net, Python.
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android.
Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle 11g/12c, MySQL, SQL, TOAD
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, Jira, Confluence, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Web Technologies: HTML/HTML5, DHTML, CSS/CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, Angular.js, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP, XML, Flash. SQA
Tools: MS Project, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Word
Other Utilities: Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio, IntelliJ, SQL, GIT, SVN.
Sr. Software Development Engineer
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, created the test plan and prepared detailed test cases on HP Quality Centre.
- Used Agile methodology (Scrum) to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular.js, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Created Automated Regression test scripts using CA LISA.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & WebServices testing.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Collaborate closely with Billing Payment, Credit Collections, and Product Management in an Agile, small team environment.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve.
- Performed Defect tracking and management, interfacing with development teams, configuration management team, environment team, UAT team and other application teams.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test driven development (TDD).
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, Doors, SOAP UI, Maven, Angular.js, Appium (Android), TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Python, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter, Jasmine, Ruby with Rails.
Sr.QA Automation Test EngineerConfidential
Edward Jones-St. Louis, MO/ DC
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and Junit framework.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Created the test data and request for the test data dependent with the other applications to be used in the testing activities for the current release.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Utilized various test tools for automation of test cases Generate test reports and performed extensive Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Designed test cases based on the use-cases and the complex business logic defined for each web-service or a message.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Environment: s: Selenium WebDriver, Node JS, Python, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, JMeter, Angular.js, React.js, Maven, Junit, Quality Center, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, agile, GIT, SQL, Android, Oracle and Windows.
Sr. Selenium Tester
Confidential - Washington dc, DC
- Developed and Executed Automation and Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Executed positive and negative scenarios.
- Automated functional scenarios using Selenium IDE and RC.
- Performed Manual testing, Mobile Testing and Black box testing methods -Functional, Integration, System and Acceptance.
- Run the Automated Regression suite and analyzed results and file bugs.
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Performed functional testing for each sprint using Selenium RC.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium RC.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for backend testing using Selenium RC.
- Created automated scenarios using Selenium for regression and Data-Driven testing.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
Confidential - Owings Mills, MD
- Worked with Selenium Grid to perform regression testing in parallel on multiple platforms and multiple browsers.
- Performed white box testing like JUnit, TestNG and Web service testing.
- Used Java, Maven, Github, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to setup automation framework.
- Defined test automation strategy and scenarios created automation test cases and plans and involved in executing test cases using Java, WebDriver and TestNG.
- Tested the REST services for scalability and validated using REST Assured.
- Performed Mobile testing to track the working of applications on various mobiles using Appium for Android.
- Used latest web technologies ECMAScript 6, React.JS, Redux, Babel, Node and Web-Pack to create a SPA.
- Experienced in using both emulator and iOS simulator to develop functional testing in mobile, in both IOS and Android platforms.
- Developed automation test scripts for various features using Data Driven Framework.
- Developed External Library using Java for Selenium Automation.
- Involved in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and developed tests as well as required Selenium support code in Java using Cucumber by writing step definitions and behaviors.
- Worked on Selenium for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing of a web app.
- Validated source and target data by writing SQL query using different string functions, group functions in PL/SQL.
- Wrote complex SQL queries for back end data verification. Performed white box (API tests) on Stored Procedures, verified complex constraints/business rules implemented in triggers through the backend.
- Worked on JDBC as a data source to fetch data from MySQL database in Data driven testing.
- Coordinated and worked together with developers in Agile model and recorded defects using Jira and track until they are resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver& Grid, Java, Agile, BDD, Cucumber, REST Assured, Appium, iOS Simulator, Emulator, MySQL, PL/SQL, Maven, Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, JUnit.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Developed manual test cases to test the functionality of the application.
- Prepared Defect Report as per severity and Priority.
- Designed Test cases and executed Test cases and reported the Bugs using Quality Center.
- After successful release of projects, developed automation scripts using QTP and integrated the script with master script.
- Performed Regression Test execution based on the priority of the Test cases in Mercury Quality Center.
- Generated the Test Status Reports from Test Director and regularly presented to QA Team lead and Project team lead.
- Defect tracking with HP Quality Center and ALM.
- Performed Data Analysis and developed Data Mapping documents for ETL projects.
- Participated in Functional, GUI, Regression and Ad-hoc Testing.
- Developed Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Plans and Defect reports for enhancements.
- Manually checked with the results from the application execution and captured the SQL statements.
- Worked on HP Quality Center to raise and track the defects.
Environment: ASP.NET, C#, Quality Center, SQL, UAT, UNIX, Oracle, MS Project, MS Office, Linux, Windows 2000/NT.
Manual/Automation Test Analyst
- Gathered Business Requirement Specification (BRS), by attending a series of meetings and explained the testing requirements and environment.
- Designed test plan for QA testing using a well-defined testing methodology.
- Performed manual Testing using Quality Center.
- Conducted GUI, functional, front-end/back end testing and reviewed pages for content problems, graphics problems and link verifications.
- Develop Web Service Test with Soap UI to test SOA platform.
- Performed smoke testing to make sure all the test channels and test environment is working as desired Functional, system, boundary, integration and end-to-end tests were performed during different phases of testing.
- Performed black box testing techniques.
- Prepared defect summary reports and reported results to management for further action.
- Prioritizing the bugs and keeping track of them through defect tracking tools like TRAC.
- Interfaced with development team to point out bugs and retest fixed bugs.
- Generated reports and documents for the entire test process and test results using Mercury Quality Center.
Environment: Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, QC, SOAPUI, Firebug, QA Complete, MS Office, TRAC, Oracle 9i, SQL & XML.