- Highly skilled, motivated Software Test Automation Engineer with 6 years of experience in Quality Assurance field.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and various SDLC models like Agile - Scrum, Rational Unified Process and Test management.
- Extensive experience in crafting test automation framework from scratch.
- Very familiar with implementation and release cycles of Development (DevOps).
- Extensive knowledge of automated software testing methods for functionality, regression, backend, Smoke, Black box, User Acceptance (UAT).
- Extensively debugged Java based Selenium Web Driver scripts for accuracy and root cause analysis.
- Experience building BDD frameworks using Cucumber, Gherkins, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins and deployment of source code via GIT.
- Experience in using JAVA and REST Assured to generating automation scripts for Web Services.
- Configured Selenium Web-Driver, TestNG tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Experienced in reading the test data from XL spread sheets using Apache POI and TESTNG data provider.
- Working experience Log4j, TESTNG annotations.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter and Data Provider.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining Automation Frameworks such as Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven and Page Object Model.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like Git-Hub.
- Experienced in reviewing and prioritizing the user stories from testing perspective which are part of sprint backlog and product backlog.
- Experience in JIRA and test management tools.
- Involved in executing SQL queries to conduct data Integrity testing and used JDBC connections.
- Good programming skills in Java, Oracle, SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Quick learner with strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities and proven experience in utilizing process knowledge of various technologies and domains.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Test Automation Engineer
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in sprint planning sessions, scrums, sprint demos and sprint retrospective meetings and provided the team with all the information required for successful completion of the sprint.
- Created test cases, scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for testing.
- Automated Regression Test cases using Selenium Web Driver, and Maven. Used TestNG annotations for easy execution of test scripts and reports.
- Followed Page Object Design Pattern for writing automated tests in Java.
- Experienced with Continuous Delivery process and required test automation.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web-Driver using Java programming language and TestNG Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web-Driver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and data files.
- Used MAVEN to build and run the Selenium automation framework, once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Extensively used Selenium Web-Driver to test the web application.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Generated automation scripts for Web Services for both REST using JAVA and REST Assured.
- Created and executed API Test Scripts to test Restful Web Service.
- Maintain test automation code with code version control tools like Git/Git-Hub.
- Proficiency troubleshooting web page issues using browser-based developer tools.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web-Driver, TestNG, XML, HTML, Eclipse, Jenkins, PL/SQL, Jira, Windows XP.
Confidential, Richmond VA
QA Automation Engineer
- Extensively automated Regression and functional test suites using Selenium web driver and TestNG Annotations.
- Implemented Object of Page Object Model framework in the organization.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver for smoke tests and regression tests.
- Wrote Selenium Script for taking screenshot and used Selenium Actions class to handle mouse movements and hover- over actions on Web Elements.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the test environment using Selenium Web-Driver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Expertise in writing Selenium Web-Driver automation scripts in JAVA.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects developed Maven project and page object model (POM).
- Wrote test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver to create Data Driven, Batch tests and performed Exception Handling.
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium Web-Driver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, TestNG & Maven.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Performed BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) with Data Driven Test Automation Framework using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins language.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Git-Hub and Maven.
- Connected to database to query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Tested compatibility of application/site with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Participated in Daily Scrum meeting, Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web-Driver, Cucumber, Jenkins, Fire Path, Firebug, Eclipse, HTML, XML, Jira, Internet Explorer, Oracle and Windows, Agile.
Confidential, Tampa FL
- Participated in daily requirements review sessions for each sprint and produced a real-time query log for iteration.
- Involved in creation of Test plan and responsible for creating Test cases from the functional Requirements.
- Created Modular Driven Automation Framework from the Scratch.
- Automated Web Application Testing using Java Selenium framework in an Agile environment.
- Involved in test cases review by development team, product management and modified the test cases based on their feedback.
- Created Maven/TenstNG based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Created test cases, scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for simultaneous and combined testing.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Updating the Defect status reports in defect status call with the managers and following up on the defect.
- Analyzed user requirements, Wireframes, functional design documents and technical specifications.
- Coordinated testing efforts with distributed onsite & offshore teams, to ensure the quality Enterprise Release.
Environment: Quality Center, MS Office, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, Jira.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web-Driver, Selenium Grid, Java, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, BDD Cucumber, Jira.
Languages: Java, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
Web/App servers: IIS, Apache, WebLogic
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MS Access