- Over 7+ years of varied IT experience as Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineer, and Automation, Build and Release Engineer. with hands on involvement in IT industry comprising of LINUX, System Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build, Deployment and Release Management and DevOps automation engineering with AWS/Azure/Open Stack Cloud Implementations.
- Exposed t o a l l asp ec t s o f so f t w ar e deve l op m en t li f ec ycl e ( SDLC ) su ch a s A nal y si s, P l an ni ng, D ev el opi ng and Testing. Expertise in Agile - Scrum and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Expertise in installation, administration, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting of RedHat Linux , CentOS , SUSE , Ubuntu , Solaris , IBM-AIX and Windows .
- Implemented AWS high-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing ( ELB ), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
- Designed, implemented and supported fully automated CI and CD processes using Puppet and the Terraform .
- Extensive experience includes SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management and Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Configure, monitor and automate Google Cloud Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform using Google compute engine, Google storage buckets.
- Used Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to build, test and deploy applications on Google's very adaptable and solid framework for the web, portable, and backend arrangements.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT and migrated SVN into GIT .
- Re sponsible for design and maintenance of the Git Stash Repositories, views and the access. Used automated code check-outs in Git.
- Hands on experience in using ANT , MAVEN and GRADLE as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks , subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Jenkins, Hudson to implement the End to End Automation
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes , created pods and managed using Kubernetes, established Jenkins Master & Slave architecture for reducing traffic of web requests.
- Expertise in Ansible Playbook , YAML for Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables and Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Nagios, ELK stack and Splunk.
- Application deployments & environment configuration using Chef and Puppet.
- Experience in Working on Chef with Knife commands to manage Nodes, Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates and extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes.
- Installed and configured automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master , agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Hands on experience with Puppet manifests for deployment and automation and have integrated Puppet with Jenkins to fully deploy on to a Jenkins server to provide with continuous deployment and testing to automate deployment of infrastructure.
- Expertise in using Docker including Docker Hub , Docker Engine , Docker images , compose , swarm , and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistent flexible when moved to different environment.
- Experience in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate deployment, scaling, clustering and management of containerized applications as Pods, Docker swarm in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters to support automatic high availability, load balancing, health checking and failover.
- Involved in writing Ansible playbooks for setup and configuration of tools including Jenkins and Artifactory on remote servers using REST API protocol and Created playbooks for deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers using Ansible roles, ensuring deployment of web applications and experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the Playbooks.
- Developed Python scripts to take backups of Elastic Block Storage (EBS) volumes using AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch and automate AWS services which include Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front Distribution, Database, Security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Skilled in monitoring tools like Splunk , NewRelic , Sensu , Nagios .
- Proficiency in oops concepts and developing J2EE applications using JSP, servlets.
- Proficiency on Load Balancing, Controlling Flow of Traffic by using Net Scalar and monitoring tools like Sensu, Nagios .
- Experience on Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Applications.
- Expertise in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like Bugzilla, JIRA , Clear Quest , ServiceNow and Quality center .
- Excellent Inter-Personal, Cross-Cultural Communication skills, and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Source Code Management: Subversion (SVN), GitHub, CVS, GitLab, Bitbucket
Build Tools: Apache ANT, Maven, Gradle
CI/CD Tools: TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins
Artifact Repository Management Tools: Artifactory, Nexus, Jfrog
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, Google cloud (GCP)
Web Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.0/7.0.
Application Servers: WebLogic, JBoss, Web Sphere.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, ServiceNow, HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Bugzilla
Monitoring Tools: NAGIOS, Splunk, ELK stack, Cloud watch
Security Tools: Veracode, Qualys
Network Services: TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP.
Operating systems: Linux: RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x/7, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7&Ubuntu 12.x, 14.xWindows 2008/2012, Debian
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, TSQL,NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra).
Testing Tools: Selenium, Junit
Scripting & Programming Languages: Shell scripting, Unix Bourne shell, Korn shell, Python, Ruby, Groovy, Perl, java, C, C++, JAVA.
Confidential, Austin, TX
DevOps & AWS Cloud Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2 , S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups , Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Creating AMI Images and Cloud formation scripts to deploy instances and snapshots of EC2 instance, S3 backups are done on a regular basis. S3 backups are backed up as Glaciers when the data is not in usage.
- Created alarms using Cloud watch for monitoring CPU, memory, disk space etc., maintaining SES, SQS, SNS, IAM roles, S3 buckets for backups. and worked on setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Integrated AWS DynamoDB using AWS lambda to store the values of items and backup the Dynamo DB streams. Experience in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS lambda.
- Installed configured and Administrated of all LINUX servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS), includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat , CentOS operating systems.
- Involved in source code management with GitHub and Bitbucket Enterprise level repositories. Regular activities include configure users access levels, monitor logs, identifying merge conflicts and managing master repository.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT . Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Integrated GIT with Jenkins using the GitHub plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Worked with web admin’s to setup an automated deployment for share point applications using SVN and GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml .
- Integrated Maven plugin with Jenkins and configured pipeline job to invoke maven top-level goals such as Compile, test, package, deploy, install and clean.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with Chef, migrating the application using MAVEN as build tool.
- Managed the Maven Repository using JFROG tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Experience in Jenkins CI: Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment that supports all the environments.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation. Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins , Run deck and Chef .
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Written Ansible Playbooks using YAML Scripting to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Part of a team tasked with creating cloud-based CI/CD pipeline.
- Creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower . Downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy to automate the infrastructure.
- Worked on many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations .
- Written Chef cookbook and Recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Worked with Chef Ohai plugin , chef handlers , push jobs and exposure to chef supermarket to leverage the existing cookbooks for quick automation of general deployment and Infrastructure tasks.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux , Bash , GIT , Docker , on GCP . Worked with Open Shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Used Docker for container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers in Docker registry.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed, configured Kubernetes .
- Build Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes , Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes .
- Configured the Kubernetes provider with Terraform which is used to interact with resources supported by Kubernetes to create several services such as Config Map, Namespace, Volume, Auto scaler, etc.
- Working on end to end in setting up of environments like DEV, IT, QA, IQA UAT and PROD environments in AWS cloud.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA , GitHub.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Apache Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Involved in working on Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build and Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes.
- Working experience of deployment of Java applications through WebLogic/WebSphere Application servers. And build tools like Gradle.
Environment: AWS Services, Jfrog, ELK, Shell Scripts, Ansible, Java, Python, Maven, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Agile, Splunk, Terraform.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
AZURE DevOps Engineer
- Created Azure Automation Assets , Graphical Run books , PowerShell run books that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect , configuring ADFS authentication flow , ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect .
- To plan, develop and assist the migration of client's on-premise infrastructure to Microsoft Cloud (Azure) .
- Deployed Azure IaaS (VM’s) and PaaS role instances (Cloud services) into secure VNets with Azure Internal Load Balancers, Subnets.
- Created several SQL and TSQL scripts as part of bug fixes to provide immediate solutions for some of the issues also created Azure PowerShell script for backup and restore operations for API Management.
- Migrated on-premises to Windows Azure and build Azure Disaster Recovery Environment and Azure backups from the scratch using PowerShell script .
- CICD architecture and maintenance using Microsoft VSTS for Azure & On-prem datacenter.
- Managed the Maven repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and release of internal projects.
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war & jar form source code.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins Freestyle and pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Used Jenkins , Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Worked with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams. Configured Jenkins and integrated it with Chef to schedule jobs on all the bootstrapped nodes.
- Built and maintained Docker infrastructure for Service oriented architecture (SOA) applications. Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications.
- Used Docker to containerize custom web applications and deployed on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu instances through SWARM Cluster and automated application deployment in cloud using Docker HUB , Docker Swarm , and Vagrant.
- Created Perl Scripts for complex Data parsing, Analysis and Report generation and created Shell scripts for generation of Disk Space, Archive, system monitoring for staging environment.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Implemented Shell and Python scripts for release and build automation.
- Performed Server configuration management via Puppet and Transparent Data Encryption ( TDE) implementation.
- Maintained Puppet servers and management application that can use ServiceNow (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Writing json templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub.
- Proposed, Implemented and maintained new branching strategies in GIT for development teams to support master branch, development baseline codes along with several feature branches.
- Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production.
- Involved in Building and configured Chef server and workstation environment and worked on Chef cookbooks to install tools like new relic and Sumo logic for both instrumentation and enabling and disabling logs.
- Experience in working with cluster management and orchestration features embedded in Docker Engine which is built using Swarm Kit a
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, pushing the images and Dockers consoles for managing the application of lifecycle.
- Created Docker files to automate the process of capturing and using the images. Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build test and deploy.
- Created pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools, leveraging Python allowing for creation and maintenance build jobs and Kubernetes deploy services.
- Extensively used Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Jfrog Artifactory implementation and process flow in production and non-production environments.
- Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Developed custom app configurations (deployment-apps) within SPLUNK to parse, index multiple types of log format across all application environments. Deploying, configuring and administering Splunk clusters.
Environment: Microsoft Azure, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Perl script, Shell script, Puppet, Splunk, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
Confidential, Fountain Valley, CA
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Design and implementation of Azure Virtual Networks with associated subnets and network security groups.
- Created and implemented ARM templates from a deployment, deployed the template using the portal, PowerShell, and using Azure quick start templates.
- Implemented Azure Storage, Azure SQL Azure Services and developing Azure Web role.
- Involved in Migration of applications from On-Premise Servers to Azure Servers.
- Configured the scale up and scale down VM sizes, created virtual machine scale sets, configured the modify the VM scale set capacity with PowerShell script.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) to create new instances, checking the security group settings, adding and deleting the elastic IPs for the needed servers, applying the inbound IP addressed as needed.
- Created Users, Groups, Roles, Policies and Identity providers in AWS using Identity Access Management (IAM) for improved in login authentication.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS CLI (command line tools) and implemented for AWS cloud environments Prod/Dev/QA environments.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket, and moved to Glacier for storage.
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war & jar form source code and experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds. Configured and Administrated Nexus Repository Manager and Artifactory.
- Worked in GIT implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Migrate SVN repositories to GIT and administrate GITLAB to manage GIT repositories.
- Created and automated the Jenkins pipeline using pipeline groovy script to check the status at each stage of application.
- Configured Ansible control machine and wrote Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins to run packages and various supporting software components such as Maven .
- Experience in Working with Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications and well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Responsible for installing and administrating the SonarQube for code quality check and Nexus repository and generating reports for different projects. Also, integrated them with Jenkins.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby , Bash , PowerShell , Python and Run deck .
- Used Chef to manage web applications, configure files, database, users and packages. Developed Chef Recipes using Ruby framework to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby .
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Server automation with Chef and used tools like Maven for deployment and build management.
- Used Docker containers to maintain the gap between development & operations for security purposes.
- Used Docker to showcase the build micro services to modularize design and isolate the development of containers.
- Monitored System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Production issues.
- Experience in installing, upgrading, patching, configuring, administrating and maintaining various Linux flavors like RHEL, Suse, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and Unix flavors like sun Solaris and windows servers.
Environment: AWS, AZURE, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, ELK, EC2, S3, Python, JAVA/J2EE, Puppet, Terraform, Splunk, Unix/ Linux environment.
Build and Release Engineer
- As a Release Engineer, supported multiple teams for multiple applications including Java/J2EE.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Jenkins and Maven .
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various WebLogic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Involved in different phases of SDLC Requirements, Analysis, Design, Documentation, Testing and Implementation. Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Worked on Jenkins as continuous integration server by integrating it with Git, Maven, Sonar scanner and Nexus.
- Installed multiple plugins for smooth build and release pipelines.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using ANT and package it in its distributable format such as JAR, WAR and EAR and deploying them in the WebSphere application server.
- Developed pom.xml files for maven build scripts.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool, Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and code quality analysis tools like Junit and Selenium.
- Worked on continuous integration tool TeamCity. Used TeamCity for official nightly build, test and managing change list.
- Perform deployments to multiple environments in Testing, staging and production environments and configure jobs for generating project artifacts.
- Involved in release planning and executed the release build request from the project team through JIRA ticket
- Create and Maintain nightly builds, hot-fix builds/branches, custom and private builds.
Environment: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, GIT, WebLogic Application Servers, Agile SDLC, JIRA
- Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Manager in SAN Storage Area Environment.
- Installed and configured file and Application servers running on Sun Servers.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX Linux operating systems.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP.
- Managed Users for AIX, Solaris, HP-UNIX, and Linux Servers and assigned right to access network resources.
- Involved in Implementing and Administrating enterprise level data backup and recovery.
- Implemented backup solution for the Network.
- Worked on high performance applications in a clustered environment.
- Configuration of VERITAS Cluster Server, Service Guard from the scratch and maintained service group/packages for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Worked on cron log in Linux servers for managing the logs of the Web Servers and performed automation using Shell and Perl Scripts.
- Experience in patching with live upgrade/standard install cluster and applying firmware.
- Worked with storage team to configure EMC SAN, NAS and iSCSI configuration.
- Created User Accounts and Network Shares. Configured SUN Workstations as Domain Clients.
- Administrated NFS, NIS, DHCP, and DNS Samba services running on AIX, Sun Solaris and RHEL.
Environment : Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 5, AIX 4.x/5.x, Sun Enterprise 450/420R/250 Servers, Ultra Enterprise 2/1 Servers, SPARC server 1000, SPARC server 20 Enterprise Servers, VERITAS.