- More than Eight years of experience in Linux administration and Executing DevOps strategy in various environments of Linux and Windows servers along with espousing cloud strategies based on AWS.
- Expertise in AWS Resources like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Security Groups.
- Experience in optimizing volumes, EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances and created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in S3 using S3 CLI tools.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Experience in working on source control management tools like GIT (GitHub), Subversion (SVN) and creating GIT repositories with specified branching strategies.
- Expertise in using build tool MAVEN for the building of deployable artefacts such as war from source code.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins.
- Configured and administered Jenkins for automated builds Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Used Wrecker for Continuous Integration and Deployments and created pipelines for automation.
- Experience of using DSL Groovy Scripts which helps to create Jenkins Jobs similar to DEV environment in PROD during deployment
- Experience creating Projects and Repositories in BitBucket to host source code developed by Development Team as well as configuration files and Scripts maintained by Configuration Management Team
- Experience creating Branches and Tags in BitBucket Repositories according to the strategies used by Release Management specified for different releases.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python and Shell scripts.
- Experience implementing CI/CD for .Net Environment using Confidential on Windows Servers.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring .NET and C# applications in the test and production environments. Good Understanding of MSBUILD Targets in Confidential Build.
- Experience automating builds/deployments of .NET, Java, and Node.js applications using Bamboo, MS build, MS deploy, ssh, scp. Good Knowledge on application servers like Jboss and Websphere.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Experience constructing a RESTful API to manage infrastructure services using Python.
- Experience configuring ‘nginx’ for proxy RESTful API calls to micro - services in Docker containers.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications.
- Familiar with designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker.
- Experienced with Docker container service. Creating Docker files, Docker Images & Containers.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and Micro Services
- Experience setting up Docker Swarm and Kubernetes cluster for Docker Container Management
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Experience building microservices and deploying them into Kubernetes cluster as well as Docker Swarm
- Experience troubleshooting and deploying web application servers like WebLogic, and Apache Tomcat.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Experience Deploying Microservices in Docker Containers using the Docker Images pushed to Docker Trusted Repository built by using Docker File
- Provided 24X7 support on the production servers on a rotation basis and was involved in creating documentation.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) like Agile, Waterfall Methodologies.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, RHEL, Windows Server
App & Web Server packages: Oracle Web Logic, JBoss, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, IIS
Databases: SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle
Programming Languages: Java, C#, Python
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Groovy, PowerShell
SCM Tools: SVN, GIT & Perforce
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, MS Build
CI-CD Tools: Jenkins/Cloud Bee, Confidential, Udeploy
Artifact Repository Manager: Nexus & Artifactory
SOA/Web services: SOAP,REST, Micro Services Architecture
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Ansible
OS Virtualization Technology: Vagrant & Hyper-V
Container Technology: Docker Enterprise, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Cloud Computing: Azure, AWS
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Experience in Software Integration, Configuration, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to another environment and deploying to servers.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACL.
- Experience in Python programming for deployment of Java applications and implementation and automation of Shell scripts for release and build automation
- Experience in migrating build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Apache MAVEN.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and maintained log analysis generated by various systems including security products.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Created Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is public or private network.
- Used Bootstrap Script for launching large number of instances in AWS.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front- end servers.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes containers and Chef.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes.
- Created kubernetes YAML file for the deployment in Kubernetes Cluster
- Setup Kubernetes cluster with Kubernetes Master that has API server, etcd, Kube-Scheduler, and Kube Controller.
- Setup Kubernetes Kubelets that talks to the API server in Kube Master
- Created Pods, Deployments, Services and Replication Controller in Kubernetes
- Used Spinaker for Kubernetes Continuous Deployment and Rolling Updates
- Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Developed container support for cloud environments and Docker. Deployed the applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Created users, roles and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and attached the required policies.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, Power Shell, Shell and Ruby. Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool GIT (GitHub).
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Wrote several Ansible playbooks for the automation that was defined through tasks using YAML format and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for microservices using Ansible
- Performed Continuous Delivery in a Microservices infrastructure with Amazon cloud, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Built and maintaining Docker infrastructure for Service oriented architecture (SOA) applications.
- Worked on Continuous integration tools like Jenkins to build and test the applications and working on issue tracking tool like iTrack, JIRA, Confluence.
- Managed monitoring using Nagios and updated parameters with active and passive checks.
Environment: Linux (RedHat)/Centos, Windows, AWS, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, WebLogic, JBoss, Oracle, MySQL, Maven, CVS, GIT/Bitbucket, SVN, Jenkins/Cloud Bee, Docker, Jira
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
DevOps/CI-CD/Ansible Automation Engineer
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms (Ubuntu, Red hat) which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Implemented cloud services AWS and Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Worked on GIT (Git Hub) repositories as Distributed Version Control System.
- Installed and configured GIT to implement branching strategy which is suitable for agile development also provided continuous support and maintenance of software builds.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using Maven and package it in its distributable format.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Worked on integrating Git into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins Configured the services using modern DevOps tools.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks from scratch in YAML. Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Automated the deployment process by writing Shell (bash), Python scripts in Jenkins.
- Provided support to Account Managers, UNIX and Windows technicians, and other departments.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Used Apache Tomcat for deploying the Java Web Applications.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins.
- Coordinated with various cross functional teams across IT operations to make sure smooth functioning of projects.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Leveraging several Jenkin plugins to automate tasks like code coverage, metrics, AWS-EC2 plugin, and job creation.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Worked with Ansible to automate the process of deploying/testing the new build in each environment, setting up a new node and configuring machines/servers.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Automated Build/Package/ jobs using groovy scripts by using Jenkins JobDSL
- Experienced in setting up Jenkins pipeline jobs for build configurations using groovy.
- Designed AWSCloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Open Stack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Developed several playbooks using Ansible and deployed the applications/services on the client hosts.
- Worked on Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible
- Administered and supported SVN and GitHub Enterprise version control tool.
- Automated the Build & Deployment environment end -to-end using Jenkins.
- Configured Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Worked on Agile methodology and used JIRA for issue tracking
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, AWS, WebSphere, Putty, Confluence, JIRA, Java, SOA, Subversion
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Build Release /Configuration Engineer
- Developed bash scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to different environments.
- As a Confidential Admin was responsible for adding user to project, security and group maintains.
- As an Confidential admin was responsible for adding user to project, security and group maintains
- Trained developers to get familiar on Confidential Work Items, Queue New Builds, and Work Spaces with Visual Studio VSTS 2015/2013.
- Performance tuning of weblogic/.Net applications
- Created groups and added users and also created Group policy objects.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.,)
- Build and deployed the .Net applications on the IIS servers.
- Backed up and restored configurations and data of various tools (Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, WAS), databases (oracle, db2) and servers (windows, RHEL) as required.
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in Confidential 2010 and Confidential 2012
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration(CI)tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Develop/execution of automated scripts using Microsoft custom .NET framework in VSTS 2012.
- Build virtual Linux server and Windows server using VMWare.
- Used SonarQueue for measuring the quality and complexity of the code.
- Integrating the Third Party Tools with Confidential for ALM & Traceability.
- Documented and performed the build and deployment for enterprise applications using diverse technologies such as VB, VB Batch, .Net 2003, .Net 2005, .Net 2010, C# etc.
- Used Maven as a build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implemented Confidential branching and merging operations for .NET Source Code in the Agile Development Methodologies.
- Worked on Puppet enterprise which is an application release orchestration for environment management and release coordination.
- Wrote Puppet manifests files for all applications to manage the configuration files and to manage them as services.
- Installed and configured Nagios system monitoring tool.
- Used Nagios and CloudWatch for monitoring, performing test metrics and sending alerts.
- Managed the GIT branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches.
- Used the pom.xml file from Maven and gave Maven as a plugin to Jenkins to automate build process.
- Experienced in configuration management using Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), Team Foundation Server ( Confidential ), VSS and Subversion.
- Configured UDeploy for CI/CD process with the automatic phase gates and approval required.
- Maintained all the project related files in Atlassian Confluence.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Configured and Maintained the Jenkins build and automation jobs.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins configuration and plugins files.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- Created Self Certified Digital Certificates (SSL) on BEAWebLogic, AppServer.
- Monitored day to day system administrator's activities which includes performance monitoring and tuning, disk space issues, send mail issues, Tools related issues, FTP, telnet & application oriented issues.
- Experience in using weblogic admin, weblogic deployer and weblogic server commands.
- Followed Agile methodology for meeting the deadlines of the project.
Environment: Puppet, SVN, Confidential, UDeploy, GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Tomcat, TeamCity, Jvm, Jira, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, Nagios, WebLogic, ALM, .Net, Java, Python
Confidential, Murray Hill, NJ
- Performed multiplatform volume management using SVM, LVM, ZFS, NAS, and VERITAS volume manager.
- Performed regular function checks on all RHEL 5.5 Linux Servers in both environments (Production/Non-Production and/or Production/Development) especially on Apache servers
- Red Hat Linux server administrator, including security patching, kernel tuning, RAID disk array Mgmt, software packaging and installation using RPMs
- Troubleshoot build, install, configuration, performance, monitoring and other process issues of the servers and the selected application environments.
- Created Change Records, walk through the construction of tasks to validating and approval steps and deploy application enhancement in Development and Production Environments.
- Integrated Maven with Perforce to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artefacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentored Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Weblogic Application Server console.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with Weblogic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the Weblogic application server in all the environments
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red Hat Linux.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Installed and configured VNC(Virtual Network Computing) server/client.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and bash for day-to-day administration.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Creation of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintenance and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
Environment: Linux RHEL 5/6, SVN, Shell/Perl Scripts, SCM, Jenkins, Build Forge, Tomcat, Jira, Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, NFS, Tomcat