- Sr. Cloud & Devops professional with 8 Years of experience in IT industry comprising of Cloud Management, Software Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automation, Build Release Management and Linux System Administrator.
- Experienced in implementing Cloud Solutions using various AWS Services including EC2, VPC, S3, Glacier, EFS, AWS Kinesis, IAM, Lambda, Directory Services, Security - Groups, CloudFront, Ops Work and Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES, DynamoDB, Redshift, EMR, ELB, Route-53 etc.
- Well experienced in Designing high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Experience on fault tolerance, Disaster Recovery and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience in configure and maintain DNS systems using BIND, Route53 (AWS), and Power DNS.
- Good knowledge in Infrastructure as Code by using Terraform and CloudFormation and Worked on creating CloudFormation templates for dev, test, staging and production.
- Experience in deploying, troubleshooting Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Cinder, Swift, Glance, Heat component of OpenStack on various versions Icehouse, Kilo, Newton, and Ocata.
- Extensive exposure in OpenStack Command Line interface to create instances, images, volumes, flavors, containers and tenants.
- As an OpenStack admin, managed creation of new users, tenant and also assigning resource quotas to OpenStack users using Keystone.
- Experience in combining multi-node software deployment using Ansible and writing playbooks run ad-hoc commands for automation of tasks using Ansible.
- Good understanding of Knife, unattended Node Bootstrapping process, Roles, Environments, Data Bags and their encryption using Vault etc.
- Hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and used Puppet to create manifests, modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Experienced in environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant and Red Hat Satellite.
- Good Knowledge on Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry, Docker container snapshots and Docker Swarm. Used Docker for local Application Deployment and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Worked with Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experienced with Hashi corp tools like, Vault and Consul
- Worked on Harshi corp Vault secret management tool to provide security for credentials, tokens and API keys.
- Good Hands-on experience in continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo for automating the build processes. Implement CI and CD processes using AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous Integration and build workflows and Used Jenkins uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working experience in authoring POM.xml files and automatically compile, package, test, build and deploy .NET and J2EE applications to Web Sphere and JBoss Application Server (WAS6).
- Skill of database technology like SQL, PLSQL, MySQL, RDS including NoSQL (DynamoDB) databases.
- Creation of Prometheus-Grafana setup using Terraform/Ansible for various targets like Kafka, Mysql, node exporters etc.,
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, and Remedy.
- Experienced on Task Scheduling & System backup using Python, Ruby, Bash and Shell Scripting.
- Proficient in deploying and configuring Elastic search, Log Stash, Kibana(ELK) and AWS Kinesis for log analytics and also experienced in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, and Zabbix.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, TELENT, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS, SMTP, CDN.
- Experience working on various flavors of Linux and Unix like RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Solaris.
- Broad experience in Linux/Unix System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, and Troubleshooting.
- Well versed with Software development life cycle(SDLC), Software Test life cycle (STLC) and Bug life cycle and worked with testing methodologies like Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM).
Operating System: Red hat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, SUSE LINUX, UNIX, Windows servers
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Automation and Configuration Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kickstart, Maven Vagrant, Bamboo, Terraform, Ant
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services(AWS), OpenStack
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Samba, JBOSS, WebLogic, Nginx
Version control tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN, Perforce DB2, MS SQL Server, MYSQL, RDS, NoSQL-MongoDB, Cassandra DB, DynamoDB
Scripting: Ruby, Python, Perl, HTML5, YAML, JSON, Bash, shell, Power Shell, batch. VMware ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper V, Virtual Box, Citri Xen, Power VM, KVM
Networking /Protocol: FTP/SFTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, DHCP, NFS
Monitoring and Collaboration tools: Nagios, Thruk, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana(ELK), CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Dynatrace, Jira, slack
Volume Manager: VERITAS Volume manager, LVM
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, LAMBDA, REDSHIFT, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS cloud formation.
- Supported AWS cloud environment with 200+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and experience in working on implemented Security groups and Network ACLs.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement along with providing Amazon Resource Name (ARN).
- Worked on AWS CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Cloud Trail services and CloudFront to setup and manage cached content delivery. Created Elastic load balancers (ELB)and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Experience in implementing AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger run code by S3 and SNS.
- Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift, worked on various projects to migrate data from one database to AWS Redshift, RDS, ELB, EMR, Dynamo DB and S3.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, Docker container, Service Orchestration.
- Managed the tasks like protecting credentials, granting secrets needed to deploy applications like database passwords and API tokens using Vault.
- Extensively worked on ansible deployments, written various ansible playbooks with multiple roles, tasks with loops, templates, service management, host variables, group variables etc.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Ansible, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Deploying application using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineers on resolution.
- Integrated Ant and Maven with Jenkins to run to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plugin in Jenkins which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Integrating Defect tracking tool JIRA with Confluence and Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging and, tracking and documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- Coordinate and assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control and analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Administration of JFrog Artifactory, which includes uploading the artifacts, third party binaries, creating repository and maintain the Artifactory
- Setup the Configuration for projects to publish snapshot and release artifacts to JFrog Artifactory to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Working on variety of Unix platforms, which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications for prod/stage/dev environments.
- Migrate IaaS, PaaS and SaaS instances between public and private clouds - Apache, RDBMS, Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, LAN/WAN VPN, Security, IDS, Firewalls and Encryption .
- Involved in SCRUM ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Ansible, ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana (ELK), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Shell, Jira, Python, Load Balancers, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, GitLab.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Cloud /DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto-scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances and Using Jenkins AWS CodeDeploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- AWS Cloud management using Chef Automation and Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Worked with AWS CLI and AWS API to manage resources on AWS for many services such as a EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, ELB, Auto-scaling, created python script using AWS API Calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC Managed IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements and worked as Admin.
- Provided high durability of the available data using data storage in the AWS S3 bucket, versioning S3, lifecycle policies. Also, webhosting the data from the S3 bucket by creating URL's.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, Python and Ruby on familiar servers like Apache, Nginx, Tomcat.
- Migrated VM's from VMware ESXi to OpenStack Environment using virt-v2v packages and deployed Zabbix to monitor and alert the health of Nova, Neutron, Keystone and other OpenStack services.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server, Managed On-site OS Applications, Services, Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Worked on Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks pushed them onto Chef for configuring EC2 Instances and Solved Gateway time issue on ELB and moved all the logs to S3 Bucket by using Terraform.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker-registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Creating clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Helped in creating a next generation platform using CoreOs Linux with fleet / Kubernetes based on docker containers running in a microservices ecosystem on VMWare ESXi.
- Writing Helm Charts, Kubernetes yaml files for deployment of microservices into kubernetes clusters.
- Creating Advance Jenkins Pipeline with Jenkins Pipeline Scripted Syntax to Trigger Other Remote Jobs on Other Jenkins Masters.
- Monitor health and performance of servers and containers in Prometheus using Grafana and alert manager.
- Automated the deployment of Java and .Net applications with the use of Jenkins.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, JBoss and Jfrog Artifactory.
- Implemented SonarQube for generating code coverage with Check style, PMD, Find bugs and JaCoCo plugins.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT.
- Responsible of installing, updating, diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Nagios and Thruk services and deployment Server Topologies in Nagios.
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers using kickstart & support for various applications, which on Linux followed by performance tuning, patching and maintenance.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Route 53, AMI, SQS, SNS, Beanstalk, Lambda, CLI), OpenStack, Docker, kubernetes, Chef, Puppet Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Grafana, Kafka, ANT, Maven, Git, Jira, SonarQube, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, AutoScaling, Route53, DNS, Nagios, Thruk, ELK, RHEL, etc.
Confidential, Allen Park, MI
Cloud /DevOps Engineer
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- Administered setting up of private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks in AWS.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for AWS EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch Monitored System Performance Managed Disk Space LVM (Logical Volume Manger) and performed system Backup and Recovery.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Worked on setting up VPC, Launching EC2 instances and worked on Cloud Watcher for providing high availability of applications of EC2 instances based on the load of applications.
- Handling migration of on-premises applications to cloud, and created resources in cloud to enable this, using all critical AWS tools, used ELB and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability.
- Monitoring running stacks including events & resources on OpenStack Cloud. Created playbooks for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in OpenStack cloud through Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tools to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices to AWS using AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Modified AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Created Chef Cookbooks to deploy new software and plugins as well as manage deployments to the production Jenkins server.
- Integrated Apache Kafka for data ingestion, to capture and process the real time and the near real time streaming data.
- Used Kafka Building streaming data pipelines that reliably get data between applications and involved in streaming applications that transform or react to the streams of data
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Log Stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda & CloudWatch.
- Created a Microservice environment on the cloud by deploying services as docker containers.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin and maven pom to build Docker images for all Microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Involved in installing and administrating CI/CD tools like Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Devel/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool on java projects for development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked with version control tools like GIT, Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe and used Source code management tools like GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control system GIT, CodeCommit.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Worked on developing internal testing tools which were written in Python. Worked on Libraries like Pandas for data manipulation and analysis.
- Configured Kickstart and Jumpstart servers to initiate installation of RedHat Linux and Solaris on several machines at once.
- Involved in Installing, Configuring and Upgrading of RedHat Linux, Solaris operating systems.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Web Applications, GitHub, Virtual Machines, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Kafka, Python, Linux, Jira, Maven, Nexus.
Confidential - Pennington, NJ
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created and managed S3 buckets for the CloudWatch logging, Artifactory repository and for the Static Webhosting. Generated SSL certificates and installed into the Tomcat servers for the secured HTTPS protocol.
- AWS CloudTrail is enabled to the track of user activity, governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account.
- Application deployment and data migration on AWS. Design applications on AWS taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines.
- We used Amazon ECS as a container management service to run microservices on a managed cluster of EC2 instances. Implemented Amazon API Gateway to manage, as an entry point for all the API's.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Written Lambda functions using python, used lambda functions to automate AWS infrastructure.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, and Database, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds and created job chains with Parameterized Triggers, and target host deployments
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration & continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Run deck and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code and Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications. Experienced and proficient deploying and administering GitHub.
- Integration of Maven, Nexus, Urban CodeDeploy with Pattern Release, Confluence, Jira and Linux.
- Created a micro-service environment on the cloud by deploying services as docker containers.
- Automated the infrastructure for Kafka clusters different instances as per components in cluster for creating multiple EC2 instances & attaching ephemeral or EBS volumes as per instance type in different availability zones & multiple regions in AWS.
- Involved into customizing Splunk dashboards, visualizations, configurations, reports and search capabilities using customized Splunk queries.
- Created and maintained the Shell and Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- Creating Python based microservices and refactoring/enhancing exiting services.
- Wrote python scripts to parse XML and JSON reports and load the information in database.
- Used RPMs to install, update, verify, query and erase packages from Linux Servers.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, CICD (Jenkins), Docker, Maven, Kafka, Splunk, ELK, GIT, Cloud Watch, Python, Shell Scripting, JSON, WebSphere, Tomcat. Puppet.
Build and Release Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked from Scratch, like choosing hardware specifications, installed required tools on my virtual machine and has administered, monitored different servers.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Helped Developers to setup Workstations in Windows, and Linux.
- Automating the Build process using SVN, and ANT.
- Coordinate and assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control. Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Did upgrades to applications using Puppet manifests. Used Puppet to make sure all the Jenkins slaves are in sync. Developed and implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet.
- Performed the automation using Puppet Configuration management. Wrote Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and expertise in Puppet Administration and Puppet Web tools for deploying consistent infrastructure code, Profile and Class level across multiple environments.
- Created automated build and release environment using CI/CD Tools Jenkins.
- Created builds and deployed builds to different environments based on requests. Maintained all the Linux environments for deployments and Implemented Configuration.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing Java versions.
- Repository management in ANT to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Administered and maintained source code repositories using Git.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker. Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Generated scripts in Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Experienced in building Java application using make files (Ant utility), Shell Scripts.
- Deployment of application to the Tomcat/ WebSphere Application Server.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers. Posting the build on time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until the specified release goes LIVE.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed required troubleshooting steps.
- Assisted 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
Environment: Linux, RHEL, GIT, Chef, Puppet, Bash Scripting, Python, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss Application Servers, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Linux
Linux System Administrator
- Built Red Hat Satellite Server for automated installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux boxes and creating image of Red Hat Enterprise Linux system with System Imager that automates Red Hat Enterprise Linux installs.
- Performed software installation, upgrades/patches/packages, troubleshooting, and maintenance on UNIX & Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers.
- Supported all aspects of Linux System Administration and support for all pSeries servers such as: OS installation and upgrade, OS problem resolution, application of OS fixes, installation of application software.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform clean-up of file systems on UNIX environments using CRON.
- Implemented NFS, AutoFS, FTP, DNS, DHCP for administrative and project requirements as well SAMBA server for windows and Linux connectivity.
- Verified systems for PCI Compliance as well as SOX and HIPPA. Implement new security standards. Implemented LDAP/Winbind on Linux and UNIX servers to map ID and wrote Deployment scripts.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Systematized the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios. Created Monitor dash boards in New Nagios.
- Contracted to serve as the JIRA Systems Administrator for the international JIRA/Confluence infrastructure, including all associated programs, plugins and systems.
Environment: Linux, Nagios, Splunk, Jira