- Over 8 Years of IT experience with expertise in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, Build and Release management, AWS Cloud Automation and Linux Administration.
- Used configuration management tools Chef, Puppet to automate the workload.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with multiple AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and also experience working on implemented security groups.
- Expert on configuring and managing Puppet master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Dockers , Jenkins and Github
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Experience working on various web and application servers, which include but not limited to Installation and configuration of Apache/Tomcat/Java/MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services ( AWS ) & configuration management using Chef and Ansible .
- Extensively used Veritas Cluster Server 4.x & 5.x.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Installed, configured and maintained Samba, Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers, Nagios and Chef.
- Troubleshooting the application issues with monitoring tools like Splunk, Appdynamics, Graphite, OP5, GRU, Kibana.
- Managed the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Involved in administration and configuration of DNS, NIS, NIS+, LAMP and LDAP on Linux server environment.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Web hosting administrations like HTTP, FTP, SSH, & RSH.
- Experienced in production support of various applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu, AIX and Windows environment.
- Extensively worked on Installation, Upgradation, Patching, Configuration, performance tuning on UNIX and system software & hardware.
- Strong technical background in Storage, Disk Management, LVM, and RAID Technologies using various tools like Veritas volume manager, Solaris volume manager.
- Installed VMware ESX server and created VMs and installed different guest OS.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Worked on Veritas Volume manager (VxVM), Mirroring, and striping, Parity, New File Systems, Mounting and Unmounting File Systems.
- Experience in Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Worked on Firewall implementation & Load balancer between various Windows servers.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and configuration
- Experienced on documentation and working on 24X7 Support.
Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, CENTOS ), Solaris 10/9/8, HP - UX 11.0, 11.11, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, VMware ESX, SLES 8,9,10 & 11, Windows NT /2000/2003, MAC OS X 8/9.x/10.x.
Hardware: M5000, M8000, T5220, T5240, Work Group Servers E450, E420, E250, E220, Netra 1405, Netra X1, Ultra 80, 60, 30, 10, 5, 2, 1, Intel Servers
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, FTP, DNS, DHCP, Samba, Apache, SMTP, SSH, IP-Tables
WEB Technologies: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Programming, Scripting Language & Databases: RDBMS, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, C, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Python, Ruby, HTML, VB
Backup Management: Veritas Net backup 4.x/5.x/6.x, Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, TAR, cpio, dd, Tivoli, Symantec Netbackup 7.x
Third Party Software: VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Service (VCS), HP Service Guard, Sun Cluster, Confidential Storage, RAID Technologies, SSL, Splunk
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET
DevOps Tools: Puppet, Chef,Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, SVN, GIT
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Worked closely with the developer s with their code to deploy automatically in application servers
- Used Dockers to create several containers and setup images on those containers. Performed Continuous Integration using Dockers.
- Deployed Dockers Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes , Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploys
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx .
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Migrated applications from data center to AWS cloud.
- Gathered client requirement and created platform in AWS, based on the requirement.
- Worked on provisioning AWS according to the requirement; EC2, S3, VPC. Created & uploaded AWS AMIs, Kenesis, Lambda
- Experienced in creating AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC . Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances , Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments.
- Wrote puppet modules to configure Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, and Web Logic for different web application to improve performance.
- Performed automation on the infrastructure using system configuration tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Involved in creating modules, manifests in Puppet using Python and automated various administrative tasks by creating modules and manifests on multiple servers using Puppet.
- Extensively worked on Installation, configuration and administration of Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Created local, virtual repositories in Artifactory and integrated with Jenkins.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an Ansible deployment for SharePoint applications using Anthill and SVN Tools.
- Used Terraform for server provisioning.
- Worked on REDHAT Enterprise Linux Installation on various servers using Kick-start and configuration & support for various applications run on Linux environment.
- Worked on installation, configuration and trouble-Shooting of web servers like IBM HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, Websphere Application Servers, and Samba Server on Linux (Redhat & CentOS
- Built and managed the ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash,Kibana) cluster for centralized logging and search functionalities for the App.
- Performed troubleshooting using monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Splunk, Kibana .
- Created and Modified Automation scripts for weekly and monthly backups in perl and shell
- 24x7 support rotating shift for production environment.
Environment:, Docker, Jenkins,AWS,Puppet, Chef, Ansible,Red hat 5.x, 6.x, Solaris 8/9 with NFS and NIS, Puppet, Chef, Ant, Ruby, SVN, GIT, Maven, Artifactory, ELK,VMware, Volume Manager (VxVm) 4.1.
Confidential, Lafayette, CO
- Setup and create enterprise level continuous test environment to run both distributed and mainframe automated scripts on daily basis using the Devops methodology of running scripts through Jenkins pipeline in automated fashion.
- Migrated applications from data center to AWS cloud.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services ( AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2 , S3 , Glacier, Bamboo, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS , SNS, SWF and EBS etc and Azure.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud Formation , Code Deploy, EBS and Ops Works.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2 , RDS, creating security groups , auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection (VPC) and openstack to provision new machines for clients.
- Worked on installation, configuration and management of puppet master and puppet agent.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests , downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge as per the requirement.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Puppet & Chef .
- Implementing a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker , Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's .
- Developed proof of concept implementations of distributed frameworks using Docker . Installed and configured a private Docker Registry for internal teams to push and pull containers.
- Written Docker files to containerize web apps, evangelized and trained developers using Docker commands etc .
- Automated application with Vagrant, and Ansible for development, test and deployment.
- R espons i b l e f or d esi g n and maintenance o f t h e Subv er s i o n / GIT, Stash R epos it o r i es, v i e w s, and t he acce ss co nt r ol st r a t eg i es.
- Assisted developers to establish and apply appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Worked on configuration and Administration of application server JBoss and Web Server Apache and Tomcat.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments
- Installed packages, patches and SSL certificates on all web servers.
- Experienced in Installing and configuring performance-monitoring tools Nagios, Splunk, AppDynamics.
- Used ELK (Elasticsearch, Log stash and Kibana) for name search pattern for a customer.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Ruby, Shell, Python, Bash.
- Wrote build automation scripts in Gulp and Node.js for JS files, testing, version control and tooling for front-end developers.
- Administration of GIT and SVN repositories.
- Assisted in installing a new version of RHEL Satellite server and implementing the frequent RHEL patching strategy.
- Strong Knowledge in implementation of enterprise storage solutions SAN, NAS, LVM.
- Troubleshooting performances on Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP, and familiar with Satellite Server.
- Technical support On-call 24/7 in debugging and fixing issues.
Environment: Puppet,Chef,Docker, AWS, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SVN, GIT, RHEL 5.x/6.x servers (DELL Power Edge 2850, 2950, R805, R910, Ubuntu 12.04, Kickstart, Oracle ASM, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, SAN storage, HP DL360, 380, DL385, Cisco Blade servers, VMware ESX, GIT repository,Node.js, Nagios, Splunk, AppDynamics, ELK.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Collaborated with Project/Discovery Teams to identify the Number of Releases, Resources Required, Cross Team Dependencies, and Release Planning/Schedule etc.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Source Control Management with GitHub and GitLab for 'git' repositories. Experience writing various Pre/Post Commit Hooks.
- Well versed with concepts of Git stash , Git Bug tracking .
- Migrated existing N-tier data-center applications and Databases into AWS Cloud ensuring complete support for existing Chef Implementation.
- Developed proof of concept implementations of distributed frameworks using Docker . Installed and configured a private Docker Registry for internal teams to push and pull containers .
- Created MOP's on the Cassandra Version upgrades, adding nodes, Building new DC.
- Hands on experience on Virtualization and Orchestration code flows.
- Design/Build Cassandra Clusters both on the physical machines and on AWS .
- Written Docker files to containerize web apps, evangelized and trained developers using Docker commands etc.
- Worked on installation, integration, tuning and troubleshooting of Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere and Weblogic application server.
- Worked on installation and Configuration of configuration management tool Chef.
- Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using Yaml linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible
- Worked on creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers across ESX hosts.
- Used puppet to configure servers manages profiles, push changes, writing manifests across all servers in UNIX and Linux environment .
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on both Solaris & Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance and Secure Shell (SSH) implementation.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs , enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Worked on VERITAS volume manager to create disk groups, volumes, importing disk groups.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permission issues, user and group quota
- Worked on Veritas NetBackup 6.5 , which includes installation, creating policies, configuration and upgrading servers.
- Installing, configuring, administering Veritas Cluster Server 5.0 , creating service groups, adding resources, enabling attributes, testing fail-over.
- Adding patches to keep the servers updated against bugs present in the operating system as well as other applications like VERITAS Storage Foundation , Web Sphere and Oracle .
ENVIRONMENT: Docker, AWS, Chef, Ansible,Github,Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers 4/5/6, (HP Proliant DL, ML Series, Dell Poweredge Servers R610, R710), X86/ X64 platforms, Solaris 8/9/10/11, ASR, VMware, SAN( Confidential, Hitachi), NAS (Netapp), Blade Logic, Veritas Volume Manager 4.1, Sun Enterprise Server M4000, M5000
- Installation of UNIX /Linux, VERITAS and building various environments.
- Worked on troubleshooting issues related to NFS, NIS, LVM, Grub corruption, configuration & maintenance of RAID (level 0,1,5), troubleshooting VERITAS Volume Management and cluster server environment.
- Performed production support & Systems engineering duties related to Redhat system administration like DNS, DHCP, NFS, NIS, LDAP, user account maintenance, backup & recovery, Auto-mounting, License Management, Printer configuration.
- Interaction with the clients for gathering the requirements, so as to design and plan the software and hardware infrastructure also handled installation and configuration of SQUID Web proxy.
- Disaster Recovery and Change Management: Designed and implemented disaster recovery solutions such as clusters using VERITAS Cluster server for storage replication and to allow seamless failover of IP on the DR site.
- Managed e-mail systems, including POP, SMTP, text, and web-based clients, as well as virus scanning/filtering software; Installed, configured and managed DNS service for several domains; Performed OS installations and configuration for testing and implementing server environment based on virtualization.
- Worked with different Linux Utilities like KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Handled installation and configuration of Sendmail and Postfix.
- Preparation of operational testing scripts for Log check, Backup and recovery and Failover. Creation and implementation of shell scripts to take care of DB backup, monitoring alert log and log rotation reports.
- Involved in weekly meeting and discussion to change management, datacenter and infrastructure issues.
- To provide ongoing support in systems management and administration of LINUX/UNIX in global-scale environment.
- Provided 24x7 supports for various divisions within the Company and resolve all production issues in a time sensitive environment.
Environment: s: Redhat Linux 3,4,5, Switches, VMware ESX 5.1, oracle 11, VERITAS Cluster Server 5, and VERITAS Operations Manager.