- A Dedicated DevOps Engineer, with 8+ years of experience as build & release DevOps engineer working to automate the process for Increasing the Agility and Quality of Software Releases with deep expertise in Automation/Command line Tools, VCS, Code Review/Quality Tools, CI/CD Pipelines, Public/Private Clouds, Infrastructure as Code, different App/Web Servers towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments.
- Hands on experience on various AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, ELB, NACL, AWS Kinesis, SQS, SNS, SES, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Route53, Security Groups, OPS Work, Route Tables, Lambda and several other services of AWS family and in depth practical knowledge on other cloud services like Azure.
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and release of code from one environment to other environment.
- Knowledge on Cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service provider ( IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS ).
- Strong knowledge and experience in Amazon Web Services ( EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, EBS, ELB, IAM, AMI, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling etc .)
- Hands - on experience on Architecting and securing the Infrastructure on AWS using IAM, KMS, Cognito, API Gateway, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Config, Trusted Advisor, Security Groups, NACL etc.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and other Tools like SonarQube, Jfrog & Atlassian stack of tools like JIRA, BITBUCKET, CONFLUENCE, CROWD etc.
- Strong Experience on Administration and Troubleshooting of Azure IAAS Components (VM, Storage, VNET, OMS, NSG, Site to Site VPN, RBAC, Load Balancers, Availability Sets).
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and CI/CD in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in working with virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm for various applications written in NodeJs and several micro services.
- Expierence in writing Ansible playbooks to automate application installation and configuration management and administration of several numbers of servers in large scale.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting to do Patching, Imaging and Deployments in Azure.
- Expierence with AWS Cloud Formation, and Terraform API to create infrastructure on AWS as a code.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Extensive experience with scripting languages like Python and Bash.
- Setup code repositories like SVN, Git, TFS performing all the build and release management activities such as Merging, Branching, Tagging and managed plug-ins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic code checkout.
- Experience in working with multi platforms like Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, iOS and Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8 of production, test and development servers.
- Experience in developing the Pom.xml, Build.xml files for Maven projects by integrating with the Continuous integration dashboard and from the CLI.
- Experience implementing and administering monitoring tools ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, alertmanager, greylogs and Nagios.
- I have ability to learn and master in new technologies and deliver output in given timeline with effective communication and inter personal skills.
Scripting Languages: Bash and Python
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo
Virtualization Technologies: Vagrant, Docker ( ECS, Swarm & Kubernetes )
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Source Code Management Tools: Git, GitHub, Subversion (SVN), Bit Bucket.
Cloud Platforms: AWS(EC2, EMR, S3, CLOUD FORMATION, ELASTIC BEANSTALK, SNS, OPSWORK, ELASTIC CONTAINER SERVICE, RDS, DYNAMODB, CLOUD FRONT, Route 53, VPC, IAM, SQS, SWF, CLOUD TRAIL), Azure
Web & App Servers: IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Web Sphere and JBoss.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
Monitoring Tools: ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, alertmanager, greylogs and Nagios.
Testing Tools: JUnit, Selenium Grid automation
Database System: MySQL, Posgress, Oracle PL/SQL.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Reporting Tools: Jira, Rally
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing Amazon Web Services like EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in Cloud formation.
- Built servers using AWS, Importing Volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating Security Groups, auto-scaling in the defined Virtual Private Connection. Worked at optimizing Volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances. Created VPC peering between many VPC's.
- Experienced in Azure infrastructure management in which worked on Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage and Azure AD Licenses.
- Developed micro services on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Experience in setting up the Chef repo, Chef Work stations and Chef Nodes . Experience in working with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates.
- Design, planning and implementation for existing On-Prem applications to Azure Cloud.
- Designed AWS Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Managing the configurations of more than 500 servers using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration.
- Integrated Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket with JIRA and bamboo for the tracking of the issue and continuous integration.
- Responsible for developing the test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI and CD Pipelines and Configuration Management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments in Jenkins .
- Build scripts using Ant and Maven build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower Experience and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration infrastructure and automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Creating Gateways for Virtual Network to Virtual Network and Site to Site specific VPN connectivity on Azure environments.
- Implemented Build per Branch as part of CI process in Jenkins to run SonarQube for code coverage and run unit and integration tests to help improve the pipeline efficiency.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef, Puppet and Ansible with AWS Terraform and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Involved in the build automation by using Shell, Bash, Perl, and Python .
- Enhanced, fixed functional and performance related bugs in core product written in GO (Go Lang).
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code. Configured plug-ins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Managed Jira users and Created workflows, Issue types, fields in production, customizing dashboards and reports and searches using JQL (JIRA Query Language)
- Worked with administrators to ensure Splunk is actively and accurately running and monitoring on the current infrastructure implementation.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Azure, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, ANT, Maven, GIT, Nexus, Perl, Bash, Shell Scripts, Helm
DevOps AWS EngineerConfidetial
- Designed and deployed a highly available and fault tolerant infrastructure on AWS using terraform modules, these modules installs a web application in public subnet and database in private subnet which can communicate using the local route table in the VPC.
- Implemented AWS Auto scaling groups, Elastic Load Balancing, S3, EBS, EFS, Route 53, VPC, SNS, CloudWatch and ec2 under AWS.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Developed Groovy scripts for java application deployment by using Jenkins.
- Good Experience in creating and configuring Azure Virtual Networks (Vnets), subnets, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, Security policies and routing.
- Bamboo plan creations and tasks configuring with automatic bamboo deployments
- Created bitbucket repositories including merging and building feature branches
- Responsible for creating & Managing Dockerfiles for creating necessary base images used for automation of build & deployment environments.
- Created Jenkins pipeline jobs using Groovy Jenkinsfile. Pipeline provides Build as a code option to perform end to end process of source code, building and deployment in different environments.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda) deployed via Terraform & AWS Cloud formation.
- Integrated Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket with JIRA and bamboo for the tracking of the issue and continuous integration
- Used Ansible / Ansible Tower as Configuration management, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manages change and wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Installation, Configuration and upgradation of Azure services by using automation to reduce manual effort.
- Enable the adoption of Cloud Technologies Especially OpenShift (PaaS).
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch
- Deployed microservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks. Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Designed and developed infrastructure using Terraform and cloud formation and automated end-to-end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS via Terraform.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox. Server setup and nginx including F5 load balancing.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipeline
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Developed Build pipeline using Groovy.
- Responsible for developing the test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, ANT, Maven, GIT, Nexus, Perl, Bash, Shell Scripts, Yaml, Splunk, Azure, SonarQube, Go Lang, Python, JBOSS, MySQL, Selenium, JIRA.
DevOps/Build and Release EngineerConfidetial
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services ( Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL ) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef Server, migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services VPC utilizing AWS Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, Chef/Ops Works, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, EBS, Route 53, IAM etc. This included migrating several production MySQL databases into RDS.
- Involved in working with DevOps team on configuration management using Chef, Puppet . Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management and managing the infrastructure environment with Puppet to several platforms including VMware, AWS .
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Involved in maintaining the dev, QA servers by using Puppet as a configuration management tool by writing manifests, maintaining groups for different OS platforms, deploying the class for a specific group etc. performed Kernel / Firmware upgrade on Linux/AIX/VMware.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Manage the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of trunk.
- Experience with Build Management tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls .
- Extensively worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA and Production.
- Deployed Applications into Prod & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
Environment: AWS, Tortoise SVN, GitHub, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Java, ANT, Maven, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, Junit, Cucumber, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby.
- Designed and Implemented, migration of existing Data-center Applications and databases onto AWS Cloud.
- Worked on AWS infrastructure tools, scheduled backup automation and testing.
- Designed and implemented Subversion (SVN) metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Maintained Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Build and deliver custom service patches (Cherry-picking a range of commits from other Releases) to customers.
- Automated deployments across all environments using Udeploy and Jenkins.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Deployment and monitoring of scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuring management using puppet
- Configured Puppet master, client and wrote scripts for deploying applications on QA, Dev production environment.
- Configured Puppet modules for Upgrading the Linux kernel, installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Worked on using Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Packages and involved in managing the Amazon Web Services through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Automated the manual processes of Build and Deployment, Infrastructure configuration and Server State Management using REST API’s, CLI’s and chef .
- Integrated Ansible dynamic inventory for Virtual box, Open stack, Amazon AWS EC2, Docker for full automated deployment in all the environments to support scaling required.
- Maintained and upgraded Jira issue tracker, Crucible code review tool.
- Built Python scripts for pushing data from MongoDB to MySQL Database.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Java.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, AWS EC2, S3, Bucket, GIT, Maven, Nagios, Jenkins, IBM Urban Code Deploy, Cloud Watch, GitHub, WebLogic, Tomcat, Shell & Perl Scripting, MySQL, HP Service Manager, Jenkins, Docker.
- Experienced in Build Engineering and Release Management process, including end-to-end code configuration, building binaries & deployments of artifacts and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Good understanding of SDLC with expertise on software Build/Release, Configuration management.
- Hands on experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Involved in creating new elements in VOB’s.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR’s, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB’s.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch .
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Creating and deleting dynamic views for developers as requested by user.
- Utilized Atlassian Confluence to communicate with other co-workers to share the work. Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server.
- Created RPM packages required for deployment into DIT, SIT, Pre-Production and Production environments. Installation of RPM packages into various Testing environments.
- Created Jenkins jobs for continuously building the projects. Scheduled jobs to build upon every checking into subversion. Setup shell script in Jenkins jobs to do pre and post build operations.
- Done patching to SIT, pre-production, production environments by doing delta (patch) updated builds and patching the package used in SIT, pre-production, production environments and re-starting the servers.
- Staged all the packages on shared server for SIT, pre-production and production environments.
- Configured and setup Maven profiles. Configured Maven user settings in ‘settings.xml’ file for users in their home directory.
- Created Maven POM files to build the Java projects based on their project structure.
Environment: SVN,Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Nexus, Confluence, Apache Tomcat, Chef, Find Bugs, Service now, Jira,, IBM WebSphere, Confluence.Confidetial DevOps Engineer
- Worked as Linux Administrator in IT infrastructure environment providing server administration, application administration and better Network solutions to support business objectives.
- Configured the hardware and OS (Solaris 10 and SUSE) on servers.
- Installed, configured and updated Red Hat 6 & Windows NT/2000 Systems using Jumpstart and Kickstart.
- Created and maintained Virtual machines in VMware ESX .
- Worked on different VMware products like VMware workstation, GSX/VMware server, VMware player, VMware Converter.
- Used Wireshark to Capture and analyze TCP, UDP, and IP Packets.
- Managed UNIX Infrastructure and EMC storage involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting Problems in the environment.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling CRON jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning and testing .
- Served as communication conduit between programmers and network operations central staff.
- Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with ITIL change management process.
- Responsible for maintaining the management applications and tools used to monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot the Data Network Infrastructure.
- Configured services like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, Send Mail, FTP, Remote access on Linux.
- Troubleshooting System, Network, and Operating System issues.
- Administration and troubleshooting skills on Disks and File Systems, Users and Groups.
- Maintenance of NFS server with auto mount and monitoring backup daily and weekly dumps.
- Working 24/7 on call for application and system support.
Environment: Solaris 10, SUSE, RHEL, VMware ESX, Wireshark, TCP, UDP, IP, DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, FTP.