- Around 8+ years of IT industry experience into Azure, AWS/Devops engineer with expertise in areas of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Automation, Troubleshooting and Linux System Administration.
- Responsible in designing and implementing Azure Cloud Environment and configured shared access signatures (SAS) tokens and storage access policies in cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL, Storage, AD Licenses, Office365), v irtual machine backup and recover from a Recovery Services Vault using PowerShell and Portal.
- Experience in cloud Architecting and Implementing Azure Service Offering such as Azure cloud services, storage, IIS, Active Directory, Resource Management, SQL, VM, VNETS, Network Gateways/Load Balancers, Files and functions, service bus.
- Experience in handling Azure Storage, Blob Storage, File Storage, Setting up of Azure CDN and load balancers.
- Experience in Azure Logic apps, Service Bus, Document DB, SQL Database s and Data warehouse s .
- Experience in assigning the Azure services on locations specific to integrate with web - apps and key-vaults .
- Experienced on to deploy workloads on Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Virtual Machines.
- Expertise in AWS Services EC2 , IAM , Subnets , VPC , Cloud Formation , AMI , S3 , SNS , SES , RedShift , CloudWatch , SQS , Route53 , CloudTrail , Lambda, Kinesis and RDS and obtaining High Availability and Fault Tolerance for AWS EC2 instances utilizing the services like Elastic IP , EBS and ELB .
- Experience in creating S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS, setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Expertise in AWS server less compute service Lambda and used AWS lambda to trigger changes in data shifts and action by users and run the code in the Postgres DB.
- Experience in Tracking and monitoring API requests by using the AWS CloudTrail and set alarms with AWS CloudWatch.
- Experience in working on Software Configuration Management tools like GIT (GitHub), Subversion (SVN) and creating GIT repositories with specified branching strategies.
- Expertise in using GIT version control to manage the source code and integrating GIT with Jenkins to support build automation and integrated with JIRA to monitor the commits.
- Expert in User & Plugin Management for Jenkins and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in working with continuous integration tools Jenkins and Bamboo for end-to-end automation of various build and deployments.
- Extensively worked on creating Chef Recipes, Chef Roles, Templates, Attributes, Cookbooks on Workstations and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise Chef Server.
- Experience in implementing chef cookbooks for deployment and used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked on creating modules and manifests in Puppet to obtain Continuous deployment in Development, QA and Production.
- Expertise with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience in Ansible, Ansible vault and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes and automate software update and verify functionality.
- Automated infrastructure provisioning using Ansible and Terraform .
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology as Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Experienced in working on Docker hub and Docker swarm , Docker compose, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Experience in managing Kubernetes, Docker and Collection of services and APIs that deploy, maintain, and monitor Kubernetes clusters in public cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Experience in working with Micro-service Architecture Application and used Kubernetes, Amazon EKS and Docker-swarm for orchestration.
- Experience using Nagios monitoring system and different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, Bugzilla, and Jira.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml, build.xml files performing releases with the Maven / ANT release plugin, and managing artifacts in NEXUS and JFrog Artifactory .
- Knowledge on testing frameworks Junit , Selenium .
- Experience in working with System health & performance of Log monitoring tools like ELK ( Elasticsearch, Logstash& Kibana ), Nagios , Splunk and App Dynamics to monitor logs of applications in prod and non-prod environments.
- Experience in automated Cloud Formation (JSON Scripts) for creating/administrating the instances with Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancers across different Availability Zones.
- Experience in static code analysis tool SonarQube right from setup to configuration in Jenkins and analyzing the different programming languages like Java, C#.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Groovy scripting on Linux.
- Experience in using Virtual box for multiple operating systems on one desktop and cross platform guests and hosts including Windows, Linux and Solaris.
- Experience in installing Firmware Upgrades, Kernel patches, system configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience in System Administration working on Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, Solaris, Unix, AIX, CentOS, Fedora, OEL, Windows environments, VMware VSphere, and Virtual box.
- Experienced in installing and maintaining different application and web servers like JBOSS , Web logic, ApacheTomcat.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA .
- Expertise in supporting Database environments like Oracle, MS SQL, DB2NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra DB, MongoDB etc.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile, Waterfall Methodologies.
- Good experience in working with a team together to deliver well documented applications, adhering to quality standards with best outputs in given time frames.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills and a strong work ethic with good organisational skills.
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX, UNIX, RHEL/CENTOS/5.x/6.x/7.x, Solaris, Ubuntu
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
Virtualization Platforms: VMware ESX 4.x, Vsphere 5, Vagrant, Virtual Box
Configuration management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
CI and Build Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, ANT, Maven, Gradle
Application/Web Servers: Oracle Weblogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g, BEA Weblogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, Jboss, IIS
Programming & Scripting Languages: C++, Java/J2EE, Java Frameworks, Dotnet Frameworks, JSON, .Net, HTML, PHP, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, Powershell, Yaml, GO
Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
Logging & Monitoring Tools: ELK, Nagios, New Relic, Splunk
Databases: DB2, Oracle 10g/11g, SQL, My SQL, NoSQL (Mongo DB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Version Control Tools: Git, GitHub, TFS, SVN
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SSH
Bug Tracking & Testing Tools: Jira, VSTS(Azure Devops), Bugzilla, and Remedy, Selenium, Cucumber, JUunit
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Azure Devops Engineer
- Performed Configuration of Azure Web Apps, App services, Application insights, Azure DNS, Azure Network Watcher and Implementing Azure site recovery, Azure stack, Backup and Automation.
- Experience in configuring ARM, VM Networking, Private Static IP Address and Public IP address in Azure.
- Created Virtual Networks in Azure for hybrid connectivity with On-premise networks (Express Route, VPN Gateways).
- Worked on Microsoft Azure for Development, Test and UAT environments for all customers regardless of final Production platform (SaaS Cloud, Private secure cloud) to speed up development/ deployment process and work within CI/CD framework (Team City, Octopus Deploy).
- Developed Azure PaaS services including web jobs, Azure SQL, and Azure Service Fabric and developed custom BIOS features for IoT devices.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automatically install packages from repository, changing the configuration of that are remotely accessed machines.
- Used Ansible to deploy microservices in Docker containers in Docker machine en v' s for scalable applications.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Terraform and Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Good hands on Chef Enterprise, Chef handlers, push jobs and installed workstation, bootstrapped nodes, wrote recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to chef server.
- Exposure of Chef supermarket to leverage the existing cookbooks for quick automation of deployment and Infrastructure tasks.
- Extensively worked on creating Chef Recipes, Chef Roles, Templates, Attributes, Cookbooks on Workstations and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise Chef Server .
- Worked on Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using CI/CD Pipeline and configuration management tools . with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened automated deployments.
- Involved in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins .
- Deployed applications using Jenkins server and Troubleshooted build and release job failures.
- Enabled CD pipeline using Jenkins, Selenium , Git , Artifactory and containerized runtime deployment platform.
- Implemented unit testi ng framework on Jenkins using Junit and Cucumber.
- Responsible for various repository management activities in Git branching, tagging, rebasing and merging.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Configured Jenkins master with necessary plugins and slaves to support scalability and agility and configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log to include daily changes.
- Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Used Open Shift platform in managing Docker Containers and Kubernetes Clusters and used terraform to deploy.
- Designed and deployed container-based production clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift.
- Involved in configuring and managing the container using Docker, run multiple applications by Docker Compose, and used to Docker Weave for Network Communication between Containers.
- Involved in large scale orchestration using Kubernetes and Docker swarm . Experience in involving Kubernetes cluster and creating a ConfigMap and pod specification.
- Created Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch using Docker file and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Experience in Built and Deployment of Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment by automating the entire process.
- Participate in the team workflow to drive innovation and improvements in our core automation java framework .
- Experience on the REST ful WebServices via frameworks JEE, Spring, Apache AXIS and JAX-WS/JAX-RPC .
- Build, deploy ASP.NET web application on using TFS Build Automation, Blog Storage and Portal .
- Experience in using Visual Studio .NET platform (C#, ASP.NET, ADO.Net), thorough knowledge of the architecture and the framework.
- Used SonarQube Code Analyzer as a Plug-in along with Jenkins to Analyze code quality and generated reports and configured alerts to the stakeholders in the form of Emails.
- Perform system administrations tasks such as installation and configuration of services Apache, PHP, MySQL and on Ubuntu servers.
- Worked with scrum and development team in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and releases.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like Bugzilla & Remedy .
- Installed& Configured Monitoring Tool Nagios for Resource Monitoring/ Network Monitoring/ Log Trace Monitoring.
- Hands on experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Elastic search, Kibana and App Dynamics.
- Experience in Scripting languages Ruby, Perl, Python.
- Applied patches as per the release process.
- Improved team performance and accelerated release cycle accelerate delivery of new features and increase overall product qualities.
Environment: Azure, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, GIT, Tomcat, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, App Dynamics, Cloud Watch, ELK, Python, PowerShell, Splunk, Shell script, Puppet, VMware.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Worked as a Cloud administrator being responsible for building and configuring a new cloud infrastructure environment, troubleshoot Azure related issues and engage internal teams for complex issues.
- Built Azure environments by deploying Azure IaaS Virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS ).
- Prepared capacity and architecture plan to create the Azure Cloud environment to host migrated IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for refactored applications and databases.
- Involved in migrating infrastructure &application from on premise to AWS & from Cloud to Cloud such as AWS to Azure.
- Hands-on implementation of the Azure Operations dealing with IAAS infrastructure (VMs, Virtual Networking, Azure Services, Web Site Deployments) and deploying applications as PAAS (Websites, Web Roles and Worker Roles) Implementing New Azure Service like Backup Vaults, Recovery Service Vaults, Operation Management Suites, Cost-Estimation and Efforts.
- Implemented a 'server less' architecture using API Gateway, Lambda and Dynamo DB & deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets.
- Lead implementation of Office 365 and Azure AD for single sign on, authentication, authorization& Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC).
- Created custom JSON policies for User Accounts, Groups, Roles and granting required access Permissions and Privileges to the users and services using IAM.
- Performed system monitoring and maintain Logs using Cloud Watch.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services and configuration management using chef.
- Configured the AWS DNS route the traffic between AWS, GCP and configured each tenant on the platform.
- Monitored and managed the cloud infrastructure within AWS and Google cloud infrastructure.
- Used Elastic Load Balancers, to load balance the frontend requests to the app servers, and to load balance the backend requests from the app servers to the API servers.
- Hands on experience in build tools such as MAVEN, ANT and Gradle for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war, jar and ear from source code and automated Web and J2EE applications to the above platforms.
- Used Artifactory Repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Written bash scripts to deploy the Java based packages like EAR and WAR on the WebLogic Application Server.
- Created SNS notifications and assigned ARN to S3 for object loss notification.
- Maintained and tracked inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Worked with the groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where 'Groovy Jenkins Plugin' and 'Groovy Post-Build Action Plugin' is used as a build step and post build actions.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible, Vault and Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Developed utilities in Shell and Python scripting to automate processes.
- Worked on Bash scripts with AWS CLI to gather resources metrics from AWS EC2 Instances, and configured Alerts and dashboards using AWS Cloud Watch Monitoring.
- Migrated and maintained build-test Environments into the cloud Infrastructure and implemented a Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins across multiple environments.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Automated creation and deletion of DEV and QA infrastructure using Terraform Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes.
- Troubleshooted communication issues with Chef client nodes and Chef servers.
- Used Docker for setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose.
- Created Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI’s in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch using Docker file and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Migrated servers to VMware using VMware P2V converter in JBOSS web environments.
- Involved in implementing and making teams adapt to Release/Change Management Process.
- Handled installation, administration and configuration of ELK stack on AWS and performed Log Analysis.
- Hands on experience in handling the version control using GITHUB & continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Configured and ensured connections to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in Production support.
- Used Python scripting for automation, highly scalable, build promotions for staging to production.
- Involved in coder metrics tracks where there will been a need to support execution or onboarding, maintaining and reporting of static code analysis using HP Fortify.
- Applied patches as per the release process.
- Installed and configured Apache and Tomcat on Red hat Linux, Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
- Hands on experience in Monitoring tool like Nagios, Splunk, AppDynamics and task scheduling tools using Cronjob.
- Provided 24*7 support to coordinate with the teams and customers for delivery purposes.
Environment: RedHat, Ubuntu, Maven, Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios, Jenkins, BASH, PowerShell, Groovy Script, JSON, Cookbooks, APACHE/TOMCAT, Python, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, JBOSS, Azure, AWS, S3, ELB, IAM, Cloud Watch, ELK, VMware, JBOSS, API Gateways, Lambda, MYSQL, Cronjob.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Performed code line GIT pushes (releases) to production and customer servers and Developed and improved GIT push script.
- Designed and maintained the Git Stash Repositories, views and the access.Used automated code check-outs in Git and created branches.
- Deployed the artifacts in Nexus central repository for internal deployments and Managed Nexus repository.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and wrote shell scripts to automate the process of adding SSH-keys , generating passwords in python.
- Developed a Shell script for real-time monitoring and reporting of status of the application server JVMs and server machines on the internal network using BASH shell on RHEL.
- Managed and maintained operating systems on Web servers, Database servers, Mail servers and networking devices.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, web servers like Apache, IIS, mail servers like SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and file servers on RHEL servers.
- Built and engineered servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux.Provisioned virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Cloud.
- Automated the Applications and MYSQL, NOSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Splunk.
- Installed rpm packages using Yum and Installing and configuring SUSE, Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, using Kickstart with PXE for LAMP installations.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 in setting up instances, worked closely with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot complex issues and setting up security groups.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2 , S3 , RDS , EBS , Elastic Load Balancer , Auto scaling groups and maintained access to AWS resources through users and groups on an IAM console.
- Defined AWS Security Groups as virtual firewalls to control the traffic reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Experienced pulling docker images from Docker hub and upload it to AWS ECR, uploading and downloading files from AWSS3.
- Developed custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet -forge Upgradation from Puppet Community to Puppet Enterprise.
- Assembled Puppet Master, Agent and Database servers on multiple Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platforms.
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment of servers, created custom scripts and managed the change through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Configured the Weave Net such that it creates the Virtual networks which connects Docker Containers to multiple hosts.
- Created a Swarm using Docker CLI to deploy the services to a Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers, and used the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, and monitoring.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into AmazonEC2 instances.
- Configured security and system in Bamboo CI. Added multiple remote agents to Bamboo and configured servers for continuous deployments.Created Build jobs in Bamboo and monitored status of daily builds.
Build & Release Engineer
- Designed and implemented continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline by collaborating with the development team and Production team.
- Build, manage and continuously improve the build infrastructure for software development engineering teams.
- Closely worked with developers to identify and notify common build failures.
- Responsible for design, maintenance and access control strategies of the GIT repositories.Periodic archival and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Created ANT and Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar.
- Used build automation tool Apache Maven for Java projects to develop build artifacts, automate the build and release management process using Jenkins including monitoring changes between releases.
- Built .NET applications by configuring Bamboo and integrating with Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence.
- Used MSBuild, SonarQube, Nunit, PowerShell along with Octopus Deploy for deploying ASP.NET applications and Windows Services into test, staging and production environments.
- Deployed and Maintained several web and application-based server's like Apache, JBoss, Nginx, IIS, WebLogic by using Puppet modules.
- Used Nagios for analytics and performance monitoring.
- Worked with Application Performance Monitoring tools like AppDynamics for monitoring JAVA, .NET and PHP applications along with NewRelic for monitoring performance like browser and for tracking issues in SQL statements.
- Automated the process with scripting languages like bash, PowerShell to automate infrastructure deployment, maintenance and monitoring, restoring in emergency.
- Worked as a Linux administrator on the enterprise server for the build and deployments process.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
Environment: AWS, TFS, Cloud Watch, Nagios, Graphite, PowerShell, bash, Nginx, Apache, JBoss, WebLogic, IIS, Octopus Deploy, SonarQube, Bitbucket, Bamboo, SVN, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, NewRelic, AppDynamics.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5 6, operating systems) and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Install and configure Apache and Tomcat on Red hat Linux, Ubuntu, and Amazon Linux instances.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware, and Software RAID, file systems, network using the tools Nagios.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Identify, trouble shoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Experience in development with Perl, Python, Powershell or other scripting languages.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Send mail, Apache FTP servers to meet the user needs.
- Created cron jobs so that weekend deployments can be automated.
- Experience in bug fixes to the code by interacting with application team.
- Responsible for scheduling jobs in crontab for different pipelines.
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MYSQL, Tomcat, Nagios.
- Actively participated in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the application.
- Developed the application using Agile/Scrum methodology which involves daily stand ups.
- Involved in developing J2EE using MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern.
- Used Eclipse IDE as the development environment to generate, edit, compile and debug the java code.
- Involved in designing Servlets, JSP pages, deploying and testing them in eclipse.
- Created classes for service layer and DAO layer for database interactions.
- Used AJAX and JSON to make asynchronous calls to the project server to fetch data on the fly.
- Developed UI pages with HTML5, CSS3 and created the Responsive Web pages using Bootstrap.
- Involved in Design and Development of RESTful API.
- Build and deployment of EAR, WAR, JAR files on development, test and production systems in JBoss Application Server.
- Used SVN as version control system for the source code and project documents.
- Written SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures and functions for mass insertions and updations.
- Extensively used the JDBC Prepared Statement to embed the SQL queries into the java code.
- Configured the data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server and tested performance accuracy related queries under SQL Server.
- Used Log4J for any logging purposes during the development of the application.
- Worked extensively on securing Server and Client Communication using SSL and TLS.
- Created Analysis for code as business requirement.
- Worked next to managers to gather current client requirements.