Frameworks: Spring, Node, Angular, Bootstrap, ReactJS
Database: SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
Tools: GIT, GitHub, SVN, Heroku
Methodologies: Agile, Test Driven Development(TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
Confidential, New York, NY
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Unit tested the code with RSpec and Jasmine tests, and managed the code with Github. Jira
- Used Restful API in communicating with third parties. Tasked with migrating all existing apps built in Angular 1.5 to version 2.0.Migrate all Angular 1.5 components to Angular JS 2.0 API over time.
- Worked in SQL Postgres database on queries and writing tables, views, indexes, functions, stored procedures for normalization and de normalization.
- Used Rails 4.2, AJAX, JSON, jQuery, Node JS and Angular JS to design the front end of the application. Back end of the application is developed mainly using Active Records.
- User Interface for website with ERB, RJS, Ruby for View, Controller, Model in Ruby on Rails Framework on OS X Operating System.
- Designed and developed few Gems in accessing and managing files on FTP servers of clients along with encrypting and decrypting files as necessary.
- Project managing upgrade of ASP applications to RoR and build of customer - facing applications.
- Used MVC framework for the back-end while the front-ends were built using the Blueprint CSS Framework and HTML
- Created Restful http services to interact with UI and was responsible for building the code to QA and Dev environments daily.
- Participated actively in preparing the documents for best practices and architecture.
- Involved in preparing and presenting the ROR boot camps to improve the coding standards of employees according to the client requirements.
- Liaise with user interface (UI) designers, engineers, and product managers for multi-phase project.
- Involved in Database Migration using Active Records, also involved in using Action Controller, Active Resources, Fixtures and Action View in Rails.
- With the concept of ReactJs Worked on usage metrics and also end to end events tracing for analysis purpose.
- Designed and maintained RoR code. Implement upgrades, patches, code releases, and database changes.
- Was actively involved in unit and functional testing, debugging, security, and documentation efforts.
- Collaborated with Product Management and User Experience experts regarding product definition, schedule, scope and project-related decisions.
- Managed, collaborated and coordinated the work of an offshore development team.
- Modeling and design MySQL OLTP/OLAP databases using Erwin. Created loading process data to MySQL using informatica 10.
Confidential, Hoboken, NJ
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Developed Ruby Scripts to change and migrate database on production.
- Responsible for integrating MongoDB with frontend app that uses Ruby on Rails.
- Developed API using Rails framework and Managed code with SVN and unit testing.
- Writing backend programming in Ruby on Rails.
- Managed code with unit tests and GitHub.
- Followed Agile development methodology and scrum for the project.
- Implemented sorting and paginations functionality for entire application.
- Involved in unit testing, integration testing and acceptance testing of the system.
- Involved in writing secure rest based API calls and reading from XML and JSON Data.
- Schedule jobs for writing files to the server using rsync.
- Handled caching in Ruby on Rails.
- Web application design, development and maintenance. Work with manager to identify opportunities to enhance the application.
- Authentication as specifications using Rails Framework.
- Created Restful http services to Interact with UI.
- Took care of Bug fix issues and Code Reviews.
- Provided validations and scope for many models in the database and created many associations within those models.
- Launching the VMs on different cloud platform and monitor the performance and configuration.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration Testing, GUI and web application testing.
- Worked with Active Record Classes from Rails Console for Database programming.
- Worked closely with quality assurance team and fixed bugs as well as production issues with a quick turnaround time.
- Followed strict agile process during the project, daily stand up and 3 weeks' sprint followed by all team live demo.
- Collaborated and coordinated with the management and design team to implement new features.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Maintained the code using aptana IDE with integration of GitHub.
Confidential, New York,NY
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Coding, and Unit testing of the project.
- Worked on Agile software development methodology for developing application.
- Interaction and meetings with Business Managers and Subject Matter experts to articulate system requirements.
- Frequent interaction with the Metric Stream team for understanding their core Business Functionalities and Coordination for better integration.
- Developed application using various Object Oriented Programming features like Encapsulation, Inheritance, and Polymorphism.
- Used Struts 2 Framework for implementing MVC design pattern to develop the web portal.
- Developed backend framework for the project using spring core, various web services etc. and used various APIs and technologies like JSP and JSF for developing the User Interface screens (GUI) and Servlets to implement server side tasks.
- Used HTML, CSS and jQuery for designing web pages.
- Implemented logging framework using Log4J and analysed logs.
- Creating class and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Implemented Transaction Management using the Hibernate configurations.
- Used JDBC API for connecting and interacting with Oracle 10g database.
- Used SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures to retrieve data records from the database to make reports.
- Used Singleton, Session Bean, and Data Access Object Design Patterns for developing interactions between presentations, service and database components.
- Used Spring MVC framework for implementing the Web tier of the application.
- Developed test cases for all Java Classes using JUnit Framework.
- Used HP Quality Centre for tracking bugs in the application.
- Used Apache Maven to generate jar and sent it to deployment team.
- Built and tested application on Apache Tomcat web server 7.0.
- Used SVN for version control throughout the application.