- 8 Years of IT industry experience with focus on Middleware Administrator, JBoss, Weblogic, and WebSphere Administration, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Maintenance on Weblogic Servers.
- Extensive experience in handling all the aspects of Installation, Configuration and Administration of OracleWebLogic Server versions 8.x./9.x/10.x/11g/12c on Windows, Red Hat LINUX and SUN Solaris operating systems.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer with configuration management tools such as Chef, Docker, Linux, continuous integration using Jenkins, ANT and Maven build tools, cloud architecture AWS, VMWare, Version control using GIT, SVN, and extensive programming in Ruby, Perl and Shell scripting
- Experienced in Troubleshooting, Load Balancing, and Clustering, Deploying Applications, Middleware Performance Tuning and Maintenance of Applications and Web servers.
- Extensive experience in setting up MultipleDomains, Configuring, Monitoring, AdministeringAdminServers, Managed Servers, and Node Manager.
- Used WLST to administer and monitor WebLogic Application Server, Performed regular performance tuning and monitoring in WLST.
- Proficient in Shell Scripting and Performance Tuning of UNIX systems with proven skills in UNIX System Administration.
- Well - versed in defining and configuring Application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications and EJB’s.
- Configured Virtual Hosts and Work Managers in WebLogic server to manage resources.
- Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems such as GitHub and Subversion SVN .
- Experience in setting up the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD) for Release Automation of Java and Oracle Fusion Middleware Applications (Oracle ADF, Oracle SOA, OSB).
- Setup ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Experience in working with ANT Scripts, MAVEN for deployment and running test suites for various firm wide applications.
- Well versed with deployment of J2EE applications such as WAR, JAR, EAR, and RAR in clustered environment using Admin console, Shell scripts & WLST scripts.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from between various version control systems like SVN to Git.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins and Hudson for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in working with Software Configuration Management tools - Puppet and Chef.
- Expertise in the Administration, Installing, Configuring Servers like Apache 2.0, JBoss 5.0, Tomcat 6/7/8.
- Strongly experienced in the Installation, Configuration and Administration ofJBoss Application Server versions 5.x/6.x/7.x.
- Extensive experience in Installing and Monitoring performance parameters through JON 2.4 and JConsole for Jboss.
- Experience in configuring and administering JDBC resources (DataSources, connection pools), JMS resources (Queue, Topic, connection factory) in WebLogic and JBoss.
- Excellent working experience in finding the Memory Leaks and adjusting the JVM Heap Sizes and Garbage Collector Parameters during performance monitoring and performance tuning of WebLogic/JBoss servers.
- Proficient in analyzing Log files such as WebLogic/JBoss server logs, node manager logs and Plug-in logs for troubleshooting and problem determination to resolve issues.
- Created and modified the existing ANT scripts, creation of custom tasks definitions, dependent targets, targets for multiple environments.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tool.
- Strongly experienced in the installation, configuration and administration of Apache 2.0 HTTP Web Server, and Tomcat 6/7/8.
- Extensive Experience in creating and configuring Clustered environments to maintain load balancing and high availability of applications on Oracle WebLogic Server/Tomcat/JBoss.
- Experience in collecting Thread Dump, Heap Dump and analyzing them by coordinating with development team.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration and deployment of virtual servers through VMWare.
- Experienced in Web Security, Open SSL, SSO, SOAP, SAML 1.1 and Monitoring Tools. Packet traces using Ethereal/Wireshark or equivalent TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Good Experience with Protocols and Utilities like TCP/IP and HTTP/HTTPS.
- Working experience on different Databases like Oracle, DB2, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Experience in 24/7 on-call production support and troubleshooting problems related to OracleWebLogic, Apache, Tomcat and JBoss servers.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
Middleware: Oracle WebLogic Application Server 8.x./9.x/10.x/11g/12c, Apache-HTTP Server 2.0/2.2/5.x, Apache Tomcat 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x/6.x Oracle RAC, Sun One Webserver 6.x (iPlanet 6.0), MS IIS server 4.x/5.1/6.0, IBM MQ-series, MySQL
Programming Languages: C++, SQL, PL-SQL, Java UNIX, Solaris, Red Hat LINUX, HP UX, Unix-AIXWindows 98/2000/NT/XP/VISTA.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB and Applets.
Web Technologies: JDK 1.4/5/6, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX, Eclipse.
Performance Monitoring & Testing Tools: Wily Introscope, JMeter, JProbe, Mercury Load Runner, Grinder, Samurai, Oracle Identity Management, RSA Access Manager and Identity Manager, TDA, Sitescope
Scripting Languages: WLST, UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C and Bash), LINUX, Perl Scripting, PHP Scripting, ANT Scripts.
Packages: JDK 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/6 , JSDK 2.0, J2EE
IDE s/Utilities: Eclipse, Oracle WebLogic Workshop, MS Visual Studio 2005, SSH, OpenSSL, Putty, and WLST.
Database: Pointbase, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/10.x, MS SQL Server, My SQL, MS Access and DB2.
Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, SSL, IDM 6.0 and 7.0
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, AWS, Amazon EC2
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Version Controlling Tools: Subversion, Perforce, GIT,CVS
Other Tools: Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, MS Office.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Sr. Middleware Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Installed, Configured, Administrated & Monitored WebLogic 11g/12c, JBoss EAP 6.x/7.x, Tomcat 7.x/8.0.x, Apache HTTP2.2/2.4 in windows and Linux environments.
- Worked on upgrade of WebLogic servers from 10.3.6(11g) to 12.x.x, Tomcat servers from 6.x, 7.x to 8.
- Installed and configured WebLogic 12.2.1 from scratch (created domains, multiple managed instances, machines, clusters and configured data sources, JMS and deployed applications.
- Configured WebLogic plug-in on Apache Webservers and F5 Load Balancer with WebLogic Server.
- Deployed J2EE Application archives (WAR, JAR, and EAR) in clustered and stand-alone environments on application servers like WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat manually and also using application deployment tool Anthill and IBM Udeploy.
- Worked on data source configuration and troubleshooting the issues of JDBC and JMS in WebLogic.
- Build experience of Tomcat and WebLogic in windows and UNIX platforms.
- Deploying new WAR files into Apache and Tomcat, modifying web configurations for UNIX or Windows IIS servers.
- Configured proxy and reverse proxy plugin for Apache 2.2 Webservers with WebLogic 12.1.3. Installed and configured CA SiteMinder for Apache Webserver 2.4 for Single Sign on protection.
- Working on tickets in Jira, Defect Tracker, IT Help and Cherwell ticketing systems ensuring ticket SLA’s and quick resolution.
- Documenting new or changing processes and posting it to SharePoint.
- Setup users or projects in SVN (Unix) and Build/Deploy with Jenkins.
- Deploy updated objects into MicroStratagies for PROD, UAT and DEV.
- Developed, Deployed and maintained several web applications using SOA architecture.
- Rectify resource issues reported by automated monitoring from NagiOS and SolarWinds.
- Provide timely RCA’s for incidents and downtime incurred. Provide support and project details to CM team for CAB board meetings.Supporting 24/7 on-call support rotation which includes weekly OS patching support for both Windows and Unix systems.
- Installed open SSL certificates using java key tool commands.
- Infra team on Operating systems (Red Hat Unix.Windows 2008/2012. Tandem etc) and Middleware
(Weblogic 8.1 and 10.2 with SSL, JBoss/Wirefly .
- Installing, Configuring and Administrate Web Servers like Apache 2.x HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat 6.x, Sun One 6.x Web Server and Microsoft IIS Server for WebLogic plug-ins.
- Generating csr and private key and enrolled for SSL certificates.
- Using Oracle SOA Suite configured SOA server and OSB for the middleware.
- Developed SOA composites which involved in database, File and JMS integrations using DB Adapter, JMS Adapter and File Adapter.
- Involved in configuring and administering of JMS connection factories. Managed application configuration for release specific activities during release environments.
- Experienced in the maintenance of the JBoss Application servers on different UNIX platforms and setting up the development, testing, UAT and production environments.
Environment: WebLogic 11g/12c, Tomcat 6.0/8.x, JBOSS EAP 5.x/6.x, Apache 2.x-WebLogic plug-in, Apache 2.0/2.2/2.4 Webserver, LINUX, SUN SOLARIS, Perl, CA Introscope monitoring tool, HPSA, HPOO, Oracle DB,GIT, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Roles & Responsibilities
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Installed, configured and troubleshooted JBOSS Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 6.4, WebLogic Server 10.3.x, 12.1.3, 12.2.1, Tomcat 8.x and Apache 2.4, under Windows, Linux and Sun Solaris environments.
- Installed and renewed SSL certificates for Web/App servers.
- Configured and administered the JDBC, JMS and JNDI in OracleWebLogic Server11g and 12c.
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases
- Worked with the Amazon AWS EC2, S3, Glacier, IAM and VPC services
- Responsible for operational support activities to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual private cloud and public cloud.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in S3 using S3 CLI tools
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Set up the Jenkins CI/CD process for over 60+ applications and Jenkins master slaves for the entire CI/CD infrastructure
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Using Docker in Environment variables, Configuration files, Option types and Strings & integers.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Use Docker to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structures and managing containers.
- Explored some advanced features of Oracle Endeca like Text Enrichment and Web Crawling.
- Technical Environment (Development) Oracle Endeca Information Discovery, Oracle Endeca Guided Search, Oracle Integrator Designer, Endeca Developer Studio, Endeca Server.
- Experience in maintaining, executing, and scheduling build scripts to automate DEV/QA/UAT builds.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Java based applications using custom ANT Scripts
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, MAVEN
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds
- Created Jython and Weblogic WLST scripts to automate the deployment process
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs
- Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications
- Worked on configuring the Apache Tomcat for Java applications deployment.
- Worked on extending the Python WLST scripts for WebLogic server
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet
- Worked with SVN and GIT version controls.
- Setting up new development branches, merging branches, facilitating the releases
- Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Migrated Apache from 1x to 2.4.10 and Tomcat from 6x to 7.0.55.
- Managing the database DDL, DML scripts in SVN and GIT
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon WebServices.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts.
- Worked with the RHEL for enterprise environment and CentOS for the POC environment
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in Multiple environments.
- Experience in creating users, groups and roles in LDAP server
- Experience in writing the re-write rules in Apache HTTP Server Version 2.0
- Setup the JMS and JNDI on the WebLogic servers
- Created multiple Python, Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks
- Experience in working with various authentication providers in the Weblogic application server environment.
Environment: Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, Docker, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, AWS, OpenStack, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Chef, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, Sonar, UNIX, JIRA, Ansible, Jython, GIT, Jython.
Sr. Middleware/Weblogic Administrator
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures using agile/scrum.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies for different parallel development teams.
- Installed, Configured and administered OracleWebLogic Server 10.0 MP1, 10.0 MP2, 10.3, 11g, 12c, Oracle SOA suite 11g and Webservers like iPlanet/Apache in Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and CVS metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/CVS.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins and Hudson for Continuous Integration, and also documented the process .
- Managed and Monitored JVM performance by WebLogic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- For starting a Session, Validation of Passwords, SSL, Authorizations, Encryption and Profiles) Used J2EE, Unix system services, RACF, WAS, Weblogic, MQ Series, WBI, HTTP, Host (OS390, ZOS), and client server connectivity.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server, Portal Server.
- Involved in migration of applications from WebSphere 4.x/5.x to 6.0.x.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Coordinated the Development Team, QC and Application Support in Deploying the Code to the right System Test Environment using Hudson Tool.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the CD
- Involved in Development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GITHub.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring SVN repositories.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Integrated Eclipse with Selenium Server for doing the automated smoke testing of the application standalone URL’s related to deployed package after the build and deployment process.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Clear Case, Clear Quest, UNIX, Junit, Chef, Puppet, Apache, AWS, GIT Hub, SVN, Hudson.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Middleware/ JBoss Administrator
Roles & Responsibilities
- Installation, Configuration & Administration of Clustered WebLogic Server 10.x/11.x/12c on Production Environment.
- Creation of WebLogic domains and setting up Admin & Managed servers for JAVA/J2EE applications on test and production environments.
- Installation, configuring and monitoring of JBOSS 6.1 servers and integrated SunOne Web Server to work with the Application Server.
- Deployed the EAR, JAR, WAR applications on multiple WebLogic Server Instances and JBoss servers.
- Involved in working with Load balancing/Firewall to achieve failover and high availability.
- Configured JMS resources Queues, Topics, and JDBC connection pools and data sources for WebLogic/JBoss server instances.
- Configuration of Horizontal and Vertical Clusters.
- Created Domain Templates to replicate the environment on new WebLogic/JBoss servers.
- Worked with WLST scripts and Shell Scripts to automate frequently done tasks like deployments.
- Experienced in analysis of thread dumps, core dumps, server hang and high CPU utilization conditions in WebLogic and JBoss.
- Optimizing the memory usage by tuning Garbage Collection.
- Monitoring WebLogic/JBoss Server health and security.
- Analyzed Log files such as WebLogic/JBoss server logs, node manager logs, Plug-in logs and thread dumps for troubleshooting and Problem determination to resolve issues.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic/JBoss Application Servers.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache 2.2 and Tomcat 7/8 on Linux.
- Installed and configured HTTP Proxy Plug-ins on Apache Web Server to send traffic to request dynamic content from WebLogic Application servers.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption.
- Configured LDAP using Active Directory for user authentication and authorization.
- Installed, configured and deployed virtual servers through VMWare on Windows environment.
- Installed and configured Jrockit Mission Control (JRMC) in production environment to monitor system critical parameters such as garbage collection, memory leaks, CPU utilization, file/network I/O.
- Responsible for 24x7 production support of mission critical applications running on WebLogic and Apache/Tomcat Middleware.
Environment: WebLogic 10.x/11.x/12c, JBoss 6.1, Apache 2.2, Oracle Jrockit 6, VMware, JDK, J2EE, JDBC, Tomcat 7/8, Red Hat Linux, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OH
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provided support for various applications in Production Environment. Installation, Configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the Web Logic 9.2/10.3.1.
- Tuning and managing Weblogic application servers in all in development, Testing and Production for better performance.
- Developed and managed Domains using configuration wizard and configuration builder.
- Configured Node manager for administration of Managed servers.
- Configuration of JDBC connections and data sources with Oracle database server9i troubleshooting and fixing up problems.
- Created the JMS Server, JMS Connection Factories, Queues, Topics, File Store, Database Store and Message Bridges and monitored.
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by WebLogic Heap Size, garbage collection and JDBC Pools.
- Developed scripts (start, stop, backup & recovery processes) for WebLogic application server administration.
- Installed and configured WebSphere MQ Series 5.x on AIX, Windows and Linux and configured proxy plug-in with Apache and IBMIHS web servers.
- Developed ANT, UNIX shell scripts and Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Created WebLogic Portal domain and created projects, portal application in WebLogic workshop.
- Configured WebLogic Virtual hosts in WebLogic 9.1/10.3.1 server.
- Applied patches/service packs for security and to remain in good performance.
- Configured Tomcat 5 to work with Apache Http server, IIS, SUNONE.
- Configured SSL in Web Logic application server.
- Implementing Load balancing for the application using the F5 Load balancer with WebLogic server 8.1/ 9.2/10.3.1.
- Implemented SSO using Siteminder 5.5 using SAML 1.1 authentication and authorization and implemented between an identity provider and a service provider.
- Interacted with developers and Database Administrators to ensure a smooth and bug-free application deployment.
- Dealt with high CPU issues and custom execute queues and tuned TCP/IP parameters
- Troubleshooting with Thread and Heap analysis for detecting blocking and locked threads
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory, TOAD, Citrix, JIRA ticketing system, KeePass (password safe keeper) and SVN sub-version tool.
Environment: WebLogic 9.2/10.3.1, Apache 2.x Server, IBM IHS, IIS, SUNONE, Tomcat 5, SQL Server 2000, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2000, Solaris9, Linux, F5 Load Balancer, Oracle 9i, JDK 1.5,HTML, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, SNMP, JTA, Spotlight, Site Minder, ANT, UNIX.
Application support/System Administrator
- Installation, Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of BEA Weblogic Server 8.1 on Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating systems.
- Design and develop JDBC connection objects for the data retrieval and update.
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities.
- Monitoring the application servers with the help of Sitescope and also by writing UNIX scripts that will send an email/page whenever something fails.
- Configured Node manager to administer the Managed servers of WebLogic.
- Created and maintained Design documents (low & high level Design Documents).
- Involved in the design, development and execution of test plans and strategies.
- Designed and developed web applications using Servlets, JSP, Java Beans and Threads.
- Configured clustering EJB objects, JDBC connections and JMS connection factories.
- Designed and developed modules from scratch as part of enhancement.
- Developed Java Scripts and HTML pages for front end.
- Developed several JSP Pages and Servlets for the front end.
- Developed Stored Procedures for extracting data.
- Involved in Performance Tuning and Bug Fixing.
Environment: WebLogic 8.1, Red Hat Linux 5/Windows Server 2003, Unix, J2EE, JProbe, Wily Introscope Linux, Java, Struts, Hibernate, HTML, DB2, Java Script, Eclipse 3.