- Around 7 Years of experience in IT industry as DevOps/ Agile operations, Linux Administrator, Software Configuration Management/ Release Management Specialist and Cloud Management.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in AWS integrating it with Chef/Puppet.
- Deploy architecture on AWS cloud for Lamp Stack application.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Experience with Kubernetes used it at scale to support production workloads experience integrating it with CI/CD.
- Involved in implementing configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet.
- Demonstrated ability in installation, configuration and management of provisioning tools chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Implemented Docker containers to create images of the applications and dynamically provision slaves to Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Use of Docker and Open Shift to manage micro services.
- Troubleshooting, repairing user connectivity and access to remote/secure resources via ACL, Firewall policy and VPN Configuration change processes. Updating and distributing VPN Client Software.
- Working experience in developing CI / CD solutions using TFS, VSTS, Jenkins.
- Extensively used TFS Command line and PowerShell for automation.
- Sound experience in TFS Release Management.
- Automated JAVA builds using TFS by installing Team Foundation Build Extensions.
- Experienced in implementing Service Oriented Architecture Top down Approach and Bottom up Approach.
- Knowledge and expertise on all aspects of Chef concepts like chef server, workstations, Nodes, chef clients and various components like super market, kitchen.
- Skilled in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation/packaging /testing/ deployment methodology, and application configurations.
- Experience in Puppet Master and Client installation and configuration.
- Experience in developing modules (blue prints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of puppet master, GIT, Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MY SQL by using SQL for Integrations and Back Ups.
- Strong knowledge in backup, migration, disaster recovers, querying NoSQL such as MongoDB and DynamoDB.
- Extensive experience in using Groovy, Maven and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Used Liquibase with Maven and Eclipse for deployment of database.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments across multiple data centers and cloud based.
- Used Jenkins CI: distributed build that supports all of the environments to run the build, promotions and deployment.
- Experienced in source controller tools: Subversion (SVN), CVS and GitHub Enterprise
- Proficient in development and execution of JSON, Shell, Bash, Ruby, PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, CVS.
CI & Provisioning Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, MSBuild, Auto Tools
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, Red Hat LINUX.
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Remedy, IBM ClearQuest.
Analytics: SAS Studio, R
Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, .NET, Python, Ruby, Objective C, Java/J2EE.
Scripts: Shell/bash Script, Batch Script, Groovy, Perl Script, PowerShell Script.
Web Technologies: JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON.
Web/App servers: WebLogic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Confidential, St Louis, Missouri
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and polices.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers ( ELB ) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2 .
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Designed GIT branching strategies, merging per the needs of release frequency by implementing GIT workflow on Github.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools like Chef and responsible for managing the chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Created cookbooks to automate the configuration setups. Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Written multiple cookbooks in chef, implemented environments, roles, data bags in chef for better environment management.
- Wrote scripts in Perl and Python scripting to customize build, promotion &release process.
- Implemented various testing scenarios like Contract, Functional, Performance and Integration tests as part of Micro Service architecture using moco server for mocking the backend.
- Worked on Para soft test suite configuring and maintaining the scripts in order to ensure the behavior of the migrated service.
- Deployed and Monitored Micro Service Using Pivotal Cloud Foundry , also Managed Domains and Routes with the Cloud Foundry .
- Used Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (CLI) to deploy and manage applications on to Pivotal Cloud Foundry PCF.
- Worked on PCF Dev to push and scale apps for debugging applications locally on a PCF deployment.
- Integrated continuous deployment on GoCD servers bridged to GIT and configured the pipelines for deployments over Pivotal Cloud Foundry .
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS.
- Implemented Docker containers to create images of the applications and dynamically provision slaves as a part of Master-Slave Configurations to Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
- Implement cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, and Chef.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, and deployments.
- Lunching and Debugging Docker container, Installing/setup Docker host in environment, Integrating Docker and mesos, to monitor container status.
- Administer, secure, and maintain multiple Kubernetes clusters to support a global service.
- Prototype CI/CD system with Git/github on GKE utilizing Kubernetes helm and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
ENVIRONMENT: AWS, JAVA, SVN, GIT, TFS, Apache Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, REST API, Chef, Ansible, Linux, Windows, Atlassian JIRA, Cloud Foundry, Python, Perl, DNS, Docker, Subversion.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Create continuous integration/deployment with Application Release Automation (UrbanCode-UDeploy) by integrating and improving client’s existing infrastructure and build pipelines.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS . This includes scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Implemented Puppet for a start-up to meet compliance needs for acquisition by a public firm.
- Created end to end automation using Gerrit, Jenkins (Created Build service to automate flow).
- Managing and improving CI system using Jenkins, SonarQube.
- Configure and Maintain JENKINS on Tomcat servers & setup continuous integration automation by promoting certified packages through various stages in SDLC.
- Automated browser-based testing of a corporate document repository search system, which allows searching documents through concepts, not only key-words, with Selenium and Robot Framework.
- Configuration management using puppet.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Managed Puppet infrastructure through major version upgrades. Refactored Puppet code to leverage new features.
- Developed scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Handle version control tools SVN and Git to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge/revert code.
- Created utilities to monitor continuous delivery process (job failure rate, disk usage), coded changes in git & job failures in Jenkins.
- Written Python and PowerShell scripts for the automation of deployments and integrating with the CI tool.
ENVIRONMENT: EC2, JIRA, Puppet, SVN, GIT, Perl, Python, shell, GIT, GitHub, GitLab, Ansible, Maven, ANT, Docker, Confluence, UNIX/LINUX, Shell/Bash, Perl and Jenkins.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA.
SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION ENGINEER/DEVOPS ENGINEER
- Design Enterprise Data Lake over the existing Big Data Platform to leverage Hadoop as a single Data safe keeping for all the users across Commercial, Consumer and Retirement business units.
- Integrate Data governance and management tools to Enterprise Data Lake for Data Logging and Data Lineage.
- Manage and maintain the Hadoop support team to assign tasks and lead the daily scrum for up to date information on the existing issues faced by end user and provide recommendations on the support steps.
- Automating the Build process using Subversion (SVN), and Maven.
- Managed builds and wrote Build scripts for JAVA and WebSphere based applications
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Successfully administrated Subversion (SVN), Cruise Control and AnthillPro.
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Experience in writing Ansible scripts to configure tomcat servers and maintain application deployments.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Automation of building an application and integrations with REST APIS services.
- MySQL Database Initialization, administration, Installations, Integrations and Schema activities.
- Configuring ANThillPro as a common build engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QMG, UAT, PROD, and DR to UNIX environments.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using ANThill and SVN Tools.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Monitoring setup - Nagios for all nodes to send health status notifications to all the registered users’ accounts.
- Architecture Roadmap follow-up with the team and collaborate with managements for approvals.
ENVIRONMENT: SVN (Subversion), AnthillPro, Maven, Clear case, MS Build, Linux, Perl, Python, Bamboo, Java, Git, JIRA, Power Shell, Shell Script, Jenkins, Redis, cruise control, Web sphere server, Puppet, AWS.
BUILD & RELEASE ENGINEER
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Artifactory repository.
- Integrated Maven with SVN to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artefacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through WebLogic Application Server console.
- Developed and implemented Software Development for various applications according to the agile process.
- Involved in the product release activities, including Change Control Management, Release Management, Defect tracking using Clear Quest tool and Version Management using CVS tool.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the AWS Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Jenkins CI: distributed build farm that supports all of the environments to run the builds
ENVIRONMENT: Java, Eclipse, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Jenkins, Python, Ruby, JQuery, A Jira, Websphere, WebLogic, Maven, Git, Windows and Artifactory.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (LINUX)
- Installation of Ubuntu and RHEL operating systems on HP and dell.
- Installation and configuration of Webserver (Apache 2.2.17), MySQL 5.5 and PHP in a LAMP stack.
- Provided support for server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and Security administration.
- Configured the yum repositories for installing and updating the packages on the Red Hat Linux.
- Installed, maintained and upgraded Red hat Linux and Solaris Servers using kick start based network installation.
- Set up and administered user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Assisted in upgrading RHEL 5.0 to RHEL 5.5 and RHEL 5.5 to RHEL 6.0 using live upgrade and manual upgrade.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on DNS, DHCP, NFS, HTTPD.
- Used LVM for the management of logical volumes including creation of physical volumes in Linux.
- Created disk partitions and file systems and extended storage space using Logical Volume manager.
- User Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Yum and apt-get package management.
- Capacity Assessment for new requests of servers i.e. calculating CPU and Memory for servers according to the current/future requirement.
- Documented the procedures and standards for other administrators to follow.
ENVIRONMENT: Ubuntu, RHEL 5/5.5/6.0, Nagios, LVM, DNS, VPN, DHCP, NFS, HTTPD, LAMP stack, DNS, DHCP, NFS, HTTPD.