- 7+ years of IT experience in infrastructure automation, code migration, and deploying instances in cloud environments, data centers; mostly involved in the areas of Linux/Windows Administration, Build and Release Management, AWS/Azure, CI/CD Lifecycle.
- Worked on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies with thorough knowledge on each phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Strong Experience in setting up enterprise infrastructure on AWS platform and In - depth knowledge in designing highly available, fault tolerant, scalable systems like EC2, S3, EBS, Kinesis, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM, Lambda, Route 53, Auto scaling, Load Balancing, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Terraform, OpsWorks, NAT Gateways, Subnets, Security Groups and NACL's.
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best Nagios practices.
- Experience in Converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources and worked on Lambda, for triggering events with cloud watch using Lambda functions.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Familiar with concepts of MS Azure, and Open Stack Cloud based technologies.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources .
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups .
- Expertise in working on Multiple AWS instances , set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs , Auto Scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization in AWS Redshift .
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation, Open Stack and Terraform API to create infrastructure on AWS as a code.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even RKT containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS.
- Expertise in EC2 Backup methods, ELB (classis and application) security and application logging using AWS Cloud Trail integration with Kibana and Elasticsearch.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform, Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform, Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Developed and written event trigger using YAML for the Lambda as and when data received from Amazon Kinesis Stream.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Experienced in Agile development methodology including SCRUM Framework.
- Experience in writing Shell, Python, PowerShell, YAML, Ruby and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- Developed custom advanced functions and incorporated them into multiple PowerShell Modules which are dynamically updated if a higher version is released.
- Experienced with deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the private Docker Registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Configured third party SSL certificates on Splunk web for better security and worked on other secured scenarios as well and Used Nagios and Splunk to analyze, monitor and log management.
- Worked extensively on automation engine using Ansible that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration and many other IT needs.
- Puppet server experience and ability to build it from scratch, very clear understanding puppet control repo and puppet module repo code to sync via R10K, agent, Puppet DB and relevant services and all level of troubleshooting related to client and server.
- Installed, configured and administered Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo and Team city for End-to-End automation for all Build and deployments.
- Expertise in Jenkins deployment jobs and deploy application POM/ZAR via Nexus Sonatype, Docker containers services.
- Designed a microservice application allowing API access to manage and monitor microservices at runtime using Python, Docker, RKT, GitHub.
- Experience in writing builds using Apache MAVEN, Apache ANT, Gradle as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Extensive experience with build tools for writing scripts build.xml, pom.xml and build Gradle respectively.
- Experience in working with Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver using testing.
- Executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, used to send the automation reports over email.
- Experienced in branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging, Integrating and maintaining the version control across the environments using SCM tools like SVN, GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Created and wrote PowerShell , Python and Shell scripts for setting up baseline, branching, merging and automation process across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, SVN on Linux and windows platforms.
- Selenium webdriver integration grid and nodes, automation deployment of AngularJS application.
- Installed and performed troubleshooting of Atlassian Jira, Crucible code review tool including customizing the workflows and e-mail notification features, Worked on automation testing Tools like selenium and Junit.
- Experienced in deploying the code through web application servers like WAS, WebLogic, WebSphere Commerce Server, JBOSS and Apache Tomcat.
- Proficient in working with Bug Tracking Tools JIRA, Rally, Remedy and Service now.
- Knowledge in using different RDBMS like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB.
- Experienced in Configuring Servers to provide Networking Services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SSH, DNS and LDAP.
- Configuring and installing VMWare, VirtualBox, Virtual Center Servers and VMWare vCenter appliance.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, Unix.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Provided production support in an on-call in a 24x7 environment.
- Good communication skills, Excellent Customer handling capabilities and a very good team player.
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Linux (RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu)
Virtualization Tools: VMware vSphere, Oracle Virtual box, VMware Workstation
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, OpenStack
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket, Subversion.
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, UDeploy / Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Octopus
Server: TFS (Team Foundation Server)
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, New Relic, ELK Stack
Messaging Tools: RabbitMQ, Kafka
Repositories: Nexus Sonatype, jFrog Artifactory
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM ClearQuest
Programming & Scripting: PL/SQL, XML, HTML, Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, Perl, groovy, Ruby, YAML
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, MSSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
Networking Services: HTTP, FTP, SSH, TELNET, VPN, TCP/IP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, NFS, WinSCP, SAN/NAS, RAID Levels
Web/Application Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, WAS, WebLogic, Nginx, WebSphere.
Web Technologies: Servlets, HTML, CSS, Java Script, AngularJS, jQuery
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for CI/CD Automation in all categories of application development like Versioning, Building, Testing and Deployment.
- Used Knife and Chef Bootstrap processes and worked on chef server management console with proficient knowledge on all different components like chef server, nodes and workstations.
- Wrote multiple cookbooks in Chef using Ruby scripting language for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes.
- Migrated and Maintained build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Migrated a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS, and OpsWorks.
- Worked on Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages; Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deployment and services.
- Developed web-based software in Python on Linux (Ubuntu) running on AWS using Chef, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couch Base, RabbitMQ.
- Responsible for implementing AWS solutions and setting up the cloud infrastructure with different services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, AMI, EBS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Auto Scaling, Route53, Subnets, NACL's,
- Used CodeDeploy to automate code deployments and to run updated scripts for instances on AWS cloud and on-premise instances by eliminating the need for error-prone manual operations.
- Managed AWS CodeCommit source control service for hosting private GIT Repositories using GIT CLI.
- Responsible for integrating tools like Jenkins and TeamCity with AWS, which are used to build and test the code by using the AWS DevOps Orchestration tool, CodePipeline.
- Responsible for copying data from multiple schemas in an Oracle Source to a single Amazon RDS for Oracle target by using AWS Data Migration Service. Also, migrated data to different schemas on a target using schema transformation rules on the AWS DMS table Mappings.
- Managed the AWS Lambda Functions configuration information based on requirements and built lambda functions using Node.js, Python and Java.
- Built & uploaded deployable code in Elastic Beanstalk to automate the details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto scaling and application development. Also, used EBS for evaluating application health on rolling deployments.
- Wrote templates for AWS Infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Jenkins set up with Selenium & integrated with cloud.
- Designed and implemented CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Created multiple Perl, Python, PowerShell and Unix shell Scripts for various application level tasks.
- Performed the deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GIT, TFS, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Vagrant, Docker, SQL Server, Kubernetes, Java, Node.js, Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, Nagios, JIRA, ELK Stack, UNIX/Linux Environments.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Sr. DevOps Engineer - AWS
- Responsible for providing an end to end solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Supervised the DevOps team for infrastructure support on AWS cloud.
- Designed a highly available secure multi zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation.
- Incorporated Amazon Ops works which is a configuration management tool that uses Chef to automate the servers that are configured and deployed across Amazon EC2 instances.
- Responsible for managing Ubuntu, Linux and windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open Source Chef Server.
- Formulated in connecting continuous integration with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn's come from the developer.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines involving Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker, chef and selenium for complete automation from commit to Deployment.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes (MongoDB, Redis, and MySQL).
- Utilized New Relic as a monitoring/logging tool
- Managed our internal Configuration management, Chef, and helped with our work on integrating other CM tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and SALT into our product offerings.
- Accelerated the Chef infra maintenance including monitoring and security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Advanced the automation for middleware installations and deployment activities by writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes.
- Automated Selenium, Cucumber testcases execution available in jira with Eclipse to Bamboo Plan execution with the help of Jira Filter.
- Implemented the automated Nagios in Ops environment for alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef.
- Environment: GIT, TFS, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Selenium, Cucumber, AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, Opsworks, VPC, Elastic Block Storage RDS, Python, Cloud watch, Docker, Linux AMI, AWS Elastic Load Balanced, Vagrant, Nagios, Auto scaling groups, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, Ubuntu, Windows server NT, Oracle server.
Confidential, Modesto, CA
DevOps Engineer - AWS
- Prepared servers for Oracle RAC installation which includes tuning the kernel, agent installation, adding NAS storage on 2, 3, 4 node clusters.
- Used GIT as source code management tool for creating the local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing and pushing the changes in the local repo.
- Worked with build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environment using PowerShell and Team Foundation Server.
- Involved in using Continuous Integration tools like Cruise Control, Build Forge, and Hudson.
- Well versed with administering and automation using Chef and Puppet.
- Boosted the cloud infrastructure through the development of automation software such as Opscode Chef books.
- Initiated the implementation of server provisioning and infrastructure automation in SAAS environment by using Chef.
- Advanced AWS Code Commit in the cloud environment which is used to host secure and highly scalable GIT repositories.
- Out spaced the End to End solution for hosting the web application on AWS cloud with integration to S3 buckets.
- Supported the team in the migration of environment from RedHat to Centos environment.
- Environment: GIT, Team Foundation Server, MS Build, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Python, PowerShell, Nginx server, Apache server, JIRA, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Linux, Windows, AWS EC2, S3, CloudWatch, VPC, Elastic Load Balancer, IAM, AWS Code Commit, Dynamo Database, Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Build & Release Engineer
- Primary responsibilities included Build and Deployment of the Java applications into different environments like Dev, Prod and QA.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Created continuous integration/deployment with Application Release Automation (Nolio / Urban Code) by integrating and improving client's existing infrastructure and build pipelines, largely aiming for autonomous automation when possible.
- Defined dependencies and Plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Involved in migration and upgrade of Bamboo server, Artifactory & Git server.
- Addressed software configuration management issues in coordination with development team.
- Used configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, and CF Engine.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Roles, Profiles, Collective, hiera and Custom Puppet modules.
Environment: Java, TFS, CVS, GIT, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Perl, Bash, Python, Flask, Oracle, Chef, Puppet, uDeploy, WebLogic, JBoss, Splunk, Nagios, Linux, Solaris, AIX.
Build & Release Engineer
- Build Engineer for the Client UNIX and Java applications.
- Setup different environments for build and Release into Development, Test, Pre-production and Production.
- Designed effective planning for SCM and implemented the setup of the Environment.
- Implemented TFS branching and merging operations for .NET Source Code in the Agile Development Methodologies.
- Initially used Ant for writing build.xml for building Java/J2ee applications and later migrated to Maven.
- Defined dependencies and Plug-ins in Maven POM.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with SVN to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process using tools like Jenkins with approval from development and other affected teams.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshots and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Installed and configured management tool Puppet across RHEL environment.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data base, Commands, Users Mount Points, packages.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, ELB and EBS with Puppet modules/manifests.
- Deployed UNIX scripts, Auto scripts and database scripts on respective servers for all 5 test environments using Change Man DS deployment utilities.
- Installed and Configured WebSphere Application server with LDAP security.
- Set up automated deployment on JBOSS and WebSphere application servers using Python and shell scripts. Maintained and administered RHEL, Solaris and SUSE Servers.
- Configured kick start server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL, SUSE, CENTOS) operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Installed and configured of Oracle 7.x/8.x
- Administered and troubleshoot networking with CISCO 3640 Routers, 2900, 3350 Switches and PIX 520, 501 Firewalls.
- Set up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Worked on implementation and troubleshooting of network services like NFS, FTP, NTP, Telnet, SSH.
- Wrote shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment.
- Wrote and implemented Perl script to modify LDAP database.
- Wrote Perl scripts for the automation of daily support tasks.
- Environment: Java, Subversion (SVN), TFS, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Puppet, Python, Perl, Shell, Oracle, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SUSE, SSH, Telnet, JBOSS, WebSphere, LDAP, WebLogic, Nagios, Linux / Unix, RHEL, VM Ware.