- 8 years of professional experience as software professional industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, deployment and cloud implementation with thorough knowledge in AWS (Amazon Web Services), Hybrid Cloud, VMware virtualization/ Windows and related technologies.
- Extensive experience in Implementing Organization Cloud Engineer strategy based on Amazon Web Services.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services): EC2, VPC, IAM, IAM, S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud formation, Glacier, RDS Config, Route 53, SNS, SQS, Elastic Cache.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB Services, EBS volumes; to set alarm for Notification or Automated actions, and to monitor logs for better understanding and operation of the system.
- Ability to Maintain High availability infrastructure in AWS, and to process Requests like Creation of Servers.
- Experienced with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Possess working knowledge with Python to automate software configuration.
- Experienced in creating multiple VPC's and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
- Created snapshots and images to store launch configurations of the EC2 instances. Good knowledge in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) methodologies
- Provided support for java applications by collaborating with java development team using the agile methodology
- Managed and automated all aspects of our AWS infrastructure (compute, storage, network, permissions, cost) using configuration management tools like Ansible, Cloud Formation and shell scripts
- Wrote Ansible playbooks for automating the process of provisioning custom Docker containers using AWS EC2 machines as hosts
- Experience working with Chef Enterprise Installing Workstation, Bootstrapping Nodes and writing Recipes & Cookbooks and uploading them to Chef - Server, Managed On-site OS, Application Services, Packages.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes infrastructure and Microservice container orchestration and worked on container scheduling framework like K8, Mesos, Marathon
- Assist in designing, automating, implementing and sustainment of Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment
- Created and modified Cloud Formation templates to create/upgrade EC2 instances to support specific needs
- Used Docker files to create Docker images that will contain preinstalled software and micro-services
- Experience in working on several Docker components like Docker engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker registry
- Configured Jenkins to automate the build deployments based on the changes captured in Version Control,
- Expertise in Ansible Playbook, YAML for Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN (subversion) on Linux.
- Around 4 years of expertise working on Oracle products and services including Oracle database administration 10g/11g, production support, installation, configuration, backup and recovery, space management and security.
- Hot and cold Backup and recovery of oracle 10/11g database using RMAN.
Confidential, Bellevue, Washington
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and Cloud solutions
- Built and configured virtual data center in AWS to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Written CloudFormation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code and created S3 buckets, EC2 instances, load balancers, IAM users.
- High Availability designed using Elastic load balancer for Web servers which Scale in and Scale out automatically and isolated environment by having Security Groups and NACL across subnets for EC2 instances.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue and Solved Gateway time issue on ELB and moved all the logs to S3 Bucket.
- Worked on Chef for configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Worked on Chef Automation including writing Cookbooks and customized recipes for test driven development environments.
- Deploying and maintaining production environment using AWS EC2 instances and elastic container services with Docker.
- Launched Database for MySQL 5.x and Oracle 11.x using RDS in multiple availability zones, have setup monitoring for CPU Utilization and limited DB connections by implementing alarms using CloudWatch.
- Created clusters using Kubernetes kubectl and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files.
- Designed & provisioned more than 20 production-grade Kubernetes clusters on AWS and executed a Kubernetes POC (Proof of Concept) to demonstrate the technical viability of container orchestration.
- Worked on Configuring Nginx for proxy RESTFUL API calls and deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private Docker Registry and deploy to Kubernetes cluster using Chef.
- Creating jobs in Jenkins for continuous builds, publishing JUnit test reports, integration test reports, code coverage and report analysis on centralized server like SonarQube and used JIRA for issue tracking.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and create new jobs & branches through Jenkins.
- WebSphere Application server implementation, fail-over support, workload management (WLM) using horizontal scaling and vertical scaling and performance tuning, Web server setup, complex Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) configuration on IBM HTTP Server (Apache based).
- Responsible for account management and systems administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and performing software installations using YUM and RPM.
Environment: DevOps, Java/J2EE, Git, jQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Elastic Bean Stalk, Jenkins, Hudson, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Chef, Ant, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, OpenShift, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, ITIL, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef, HDFS.
- Worked with AWS cloud management and chef automation.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3 and load branches.
- Strong knowledge and experience in AWS services like EC2, S3, EBS and IAM.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef
- Automated apache-webserver configuration, DB server configuration, SSSD configuration LAMP by writing ruby cookbooks in chef.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing the infrastructure change to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes.
- Used packer for creating Amazon machines images and installed various software using Chef.
- Implemented ELK stack (Elastic Search, Log Stash and Kibana) for log indexing.
- Good knowledge on container management using Docker in creating images.
- Hands on experience in creating Docker container and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle
- Got skillful hands on kubernetes, in managing and monitoring the cluster.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google's kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy
- Support of Applications like Apache Tomcat and Java based applications running on Linux machines for multiple clients.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (Red Hat, Centos), Sun Solaris and HP-UX Servers.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File System Management using LVM/Veritas on HPUX/'/Sun Solaris OS in a SAN environment. Create and manage volumes in OpenStack.
- Played a key role in converting 700+ existing Jenkins jobs into the new pipeline process.
- Prepared document on process of migrating Jenkins jobs from development environment to production server.
- Experience Azure Platform Development, Deployment Concepts., hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentications.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in
- Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Writing Chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Converted existing terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Created scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
Environment: AWS EC2, VPC, Auto Scaling, ELB, Red Hat EL 3/4/5/6, Cloud Watch, EBS, Directory Services, Route53, MS SQL 2012, SQL Server Mirroring, Active Directory, DFS, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, VMware VSphere, Docker, AWS Kinesis, OpsWork, Jenkins, Chef and Puppet. Nagios, AWS Redshift, GitLab, Artifactory.
- Handled Build &Deployment of Java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Monitored and developed build, deployment processes
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR, WAR, files.
- Managing Puppet with GIT, Distributing Puppet Manifests. Configuration management tool such as Puppet Chef and Chef Engine
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration, created new jobs, managed required plugins, configured the jobs, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notified the build reports, etc
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager to share the artifacts between the teams within the company
- Generated Ant, Maven scripts for build activities in different environments
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages.
- Worked on the transition project which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in order to standardize the build across all the applications
- Written and authored Ansible playbooks for different automation tasks to fit in to the deployment needs.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers
- Worked on Linux in Cloud Computing environments using AWS.
- Built artifacts (JAR, WAR and EAR) which are deployed into a WebLogic Application server by integrating the WebLogic Scripting Tools scripts to Shell Scripts
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins
- Coordinated with different project teams on Build & release planning and efforts.
- Documented the entire build and release engineering process and provided on call support.
Environment: GIT, EC2, S3, AWS, Jenkins, Junit, JXML, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Java/J2EE, Python, BASH, Unix, Linux, Shell Scripting, PHP, Web Logic, Tomcat, Web sphere server.
Build and Release Engineer
- Configured and maintained GIT source code tool and created branches, tags and merging in GIT repository.
- Hands on experience in EC2, VPC, Subnets, Routing tables, Internet gateways, IAM, Route53, VPC peering, S3, ELB, RDS, Security Groups, CloudWatch, SNS on AWS.
- Create AMI images of critical EC2 instances as backup.
- Work with application development teams to ensure that their applications are designed properly for interacting with AWS.
- Configure and managing daily and hourly scheduled snapshots backup and Restore the data from snapshots if needed.
- Work on Autoscaling, CloudWatch (monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), AWS S3 (storage) and AWS EBS (persistent disk storage).
- Setup and manage security groups, VPC specific to environment.
- Manage Red Hat Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2.
- Planning, deployment and tuning of Elastic search for Linux based infrastructure.
- Assigned and managed roles for users and groups by defining policies via Identity and Access Management.
- Configured web servers to enable caching, configured CDN application servers and load balancers.
- Deployed templates using Cloud Formation for the required environment.
- Implemented and supported creating EC2 instances, S3 storage, Auto Scaling of instances and CloudWatch Monitoring based on requirements.
- Configured networking with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, and NAT, HTTP and DNS.
- Worked on JIRA to track issues and project management.
- Used Struts framework as an MVC pattern and Tag Libraries to develop the Action classes and JSP pages.
- Worked with Glacier to archive old files as needed.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Configured AWS Virtual Private Cloud environment and networking inside the VPC.
- Administered databases using RDS, MySQL and Dynamo in AWS.
- Used AWS CLI to create new instances and manage existing instances.
Environment: Java, GIT, TFS, Maven, Python, JBOSS, Nagios, Tomcat, Web Sphere, IIS, Spring MVC, Shell scripts, Nexus, Jira, Cron jobs, Linux, ANT, Visual Studio.