- Around 5+ years of involvement with a solid execution foundation in wide variety of professional system support and solution - based IT services for Linux administrations including, monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of operating systems and as AWS DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments.
- Extensive experience in as Linux/Unix system administrator and Redhat EL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Ubuntu, Windows environments, Solaris 8,9,10 and VMware V-Sphere ESX/ESXi environment. Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Worked under the agile operation process in DevOps team (Build& Release automation, unit test automation, and Code review, Service, Incident and Change Management Environment,) to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using various tools.
- Hands on experience with Version control tools like GIT, Subversion to track changes made by different servers in source.
- Container Orchestration with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Built and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket, Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef.
- Configured Jenkins as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging to Linux environments.
- Experience with Server Automation and Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Ansible, and Chef and strong knowledge on source control concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags. knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Groovy, Perl, Ruby and XML .
- Experienced in supporting database systems including Oracle, MySQL on Linux/Unix and Windows environment.
- Experience on DevOps tools such as IBM UDeploy, CVS, SVN, SonarQube, Docker .
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, Bamboo, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF and EBS etc.
- Created a high availability and scalable AWS stacks using EC2 auto scaling functionality. Used Stack Driver and AWS cloud monitoring extensively to monitor and debug the cloud-based AWS EC2 services. Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using UDeploy and Ansible/Puppet .
- Experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading Patches, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Supported Deployments into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with multiple Application server technologies like WebLogic, Jboss and Apache Tomcat.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of system maintenance and has good customer support experience and always ready to discuss on latest changes in technology and their automation concepts.
- Experienced in baking AMI’s and creating Docker images using Packer, Gitlab-runner and Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience in deploying fluentd in Kubernetes cluster and other applications/instances running in AWS.
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, XML, SHELL, PERL, Python, Ruby.
Build/Release Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, ANT, Hudson, GitHub, Ansible, Open Stack and Salt Stack, Splunk, Nexus.
SCM Tools: Git, CVS, SVN, Harvest, RTC, TFS, ClearCase.
Database: MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, PostGress, SQL Mongo DB, Cassandra, DB2.
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Cloud trail, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Amazon Direct Connect.
Web Servers: Oracle web logic server11g/10g/9, Apache, Node JS, Tomcat, NGINX, WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle ATG web Commerce, IIS
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, PowerShell, Ruby Scripts, Python Scripting
Operating System: Windows 7/XP, MAC OS X, Windows Server 2008/2003, Linux
Confidential - Auburn Hills, MI
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using VMWare ESX, Kubernetes containers and Ansible.
- Setting up Change Management process and standardizing the policies for various applications.
- Worked in setting up the repos to various projects in GIT.
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on Urban Code UDeploy.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances using Nagios.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Managed the software configurations using Enterprise Ansible.
- Setup the Ansible Workstation, Ansible server and Ansible nodes.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Expertise in writing new plug-ins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked in creating, uploading new playbooks.
- Worked on scheduling the Ansible Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Operations - Custom Shell scripts, VM and Environment management.
- Automated and created templates for deployment of internal applications to Development Test and Production environments including the automation of the release processes using UDeploy tool .
- Clear understanding with installation of UDeploy agents to connect multiple instances with Linux with installation directory structure.
- Based on geographic location of servers, UDeploy agents were installed with their respective relays, example: OXMOOR, SILAS DATACENTERS .
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Ansible.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Configured in setting up CI/CD pipeline integrating various tools with Cloud Bees Jenkins to build and run terraform templates to create infrastructure in Azure.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, Maven in Linux environment.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code.
- AWS Cloud management and Ansible automation.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Perform Deployment of Release to, various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, and Optimized volumes.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Setup various non-production environments for validating various applications.
- Creating the SQL, PL/SQL scripts (DML and DDL) in oracle database and revising them in SVN.
- Created multiple Ruby, maven, and Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Maven, Selenium, Terraform, Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, SVN, cloud watch, AWS, UDeploy, Shell Scripting, Ruby, CONFLUENCE.
Confidential - Dublin, Ohio
Build and Release Engineer
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications using the AWS stack (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Handled migration of on premises applications to cloud and created resources in cloud to enable this. Used all critical AWS tools, used ELBs and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability.
- Created Python scripts to Automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front Distribution, Database, EC2 and Database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration. This Script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Utilized Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also, managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Performed AWS S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Developed critical modules like generating amazon resource numbers and integration points with S3, Dynamo DB, RDS, Lambda and SQS Queue.
- Configured AWS cloud infrastructure as code using Terraform and continuous deployment through Jenkins.
- Built Dev, Test and Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Ruby/Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing the scripts and in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, and AWS Lambda using java to perform event driven processing. Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI.
- Employed in tasks to deal with Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on windows and Linux platforms. Used Jenkins pipeline plugin to analyze the Maven dependencies and the SCM changes.
- Installed/configured Bitbucket and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile/Scrum development also provided continuous support and maintenance of software builds.
- Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF. Built additional Docker slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Extensively worked on creating Docker file, build the images, running Docker containers and manage dockerized application by using Docker Cloud. Used Docker Swarm for clustering and scheduling Docker container.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been cored to this experience, along with Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory.
- Point team player on Docker for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, Creation of Pods through new application and control the scaling of pods, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs, writing/modification of Build configs, templates, Image streams etc.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Worked on setting up the Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes. Developed Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Implemented new plugins like Blue Ocean for more effective usage of Jenkins to monitor the stages from development to live.
- Developed and maintained the Continuous Integration and Deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Worked on Troubleshooting the build issues during the Jenkins build process and developing build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in Ant and Maven, Created and modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml and Maven Pom.xml.
- Developed BASH, PERL, Python shell scripts to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled Cron jobs for job automation.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Worked on Rally Ticketing tool for creating user stories and scheduling tasks.
- Installed, configured the web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Expertise Knowledge of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM)in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Environment: AWS, GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Chef, Nagios, Python, Scrum, Agile.
Confidential - Springfield, MA
- Responsible for build, design and maintain the platform automation infrastructure using Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, WebLogic, Rundeck and deployment automation and Integrated Jenkins, Rundeck and Chef.
- Implementing Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for writing Chef Cookbook using Test-kitchen, and ChefSpec.
- Helped Developers to setup Workstations in Windows, Linux and Mac to work with Chef.
- Supported server/VM provisioning activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via chef.
- Integration of Configuration Management Systems like Chef with AWS for code deployment.
- Experience working with Docker Hub, Internal Docker Registry and Docker Engine.
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN)/GIT users to effectively use system tools.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used Jenkins to kick off the builds move from one environment to other non-prod environments.
- Create Python script to automatically parse data from logs and PCAP to be feed into ELK.
- Built and Deployed J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Wrote bash Shell Scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Responsible in deploying the application WARs, EARs in WebLogic application servers and troubleshoot any deployment issue.
- Configured the JNDIs, Data Sources, and JDBC to connect the application to the backend Oracle Database.
- Experience in migrating source code repositories from between various version control systems like SVN to Git.
- Worked on several build tools like ANT, Maven and Gradle etc.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, Jboss & Apache Tomcat.
- Troubleshooting deployment, infrastructure and start up issues on various application server's product line.
- Automated webserver content deployments via shell scripts.
Environment: Solaris, Unix, Java, Maven, WebSphere Application Server (WAS), Jenkins, Chef, Jira, Merant Tracker, PVCS, WMB, SVN, Linux.
Trainee DevOps Engineer
- Perform deployments to multiple lower environments like Dev , QA and UAT environments.
- Launched new AWS Linux instances for setting up DevOps environment.
- Managing GIT version control tool.
- Configured Jenkins server with SMTP server details to send email alerts to the developers.
- Installed and configured deploy to container plug-in in Jenkins server to deploy artifacts in Tomcat server.
- Setting up Jenkins pipe line by using upstream and downstream jobs to achieve continuous integration and continuous deployments.
- Configured and integrated build triggers in Jenkins with Git by using GitHub web hooks .
- Installed and configured Tomcat as web server to deploy artifacts generated by Maven and enabling tomcat manager application to manage artifacts centrally.
- Installed and configured necessary plug-in in Jenkins according to requirement.
- Configured packages, services using Ansible modules like yum , service, copy etc.
- Setting up password less authentication between Jenkins , Ansible and Tomcat servers.
- Used Ansible for continuous deployments by using copy module.
- Integrated Git, Maven, Tomcat and Ansible with Jenkins .
- Installed and configured Git, maven, Tomcat by using Ansible .
- Build custom Docker images from Dockerfile and ran containers for images.
- Collaborate with Developers to establish good and smooth environment in project.
Environment: AWS, GIT, Maven, Shell Scripting, Jenkins, Tomcat, Ansible, Docker .