- Over all 8 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on DevOps , Software Configuration Management and Build/Release management using different cloud services of AWS (Amazon web service), Microsoft Azure and as a major infrastructure.
- Experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, Azure service bus, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and Power Shell Automation. And used Azure service fabric to package, deploy, and manage scalable and reliable microservices and containers.
- Strong Windows Azure experience dedicated to the .NET stack of technologies, proficient in IT operations including in Windows Azure deployments, incident management, production support for all types of Azure components, IIS/SQL server, IT administration and maintenance, Project Management and PowerShell scripting.
- Experienced with Big Data architectures running on Azure Data Platform - Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Management Gateway, Azure Storage Options, Document DB, Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics, Event Hubs, Azure SQL.
- Exposed to all the aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), In depth understanding of the best practices and principles of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in databases like Oracle 10i/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL Developer and MYSQL.
- Extensive working experience and knowledge with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search, Elastic File system (EFS), Cloud Foundry, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Lambda, Service Catalog, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, OpsWorks and in Cloud Security (OAuth2 and SAML) and good knowledge on Amazon kinesis firehose .
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation.
- Hands on experience in Configuration Management (CM) policies and practices with regards to software development life cycle (SDLC) along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell/PowerShell, Perl, Python scripting.
- Experience Azure Platform Development, Deployment Concepts., hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentications and Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service-based architecture; utilizing Docker / Kubernetes technologies
- Worked in automation, setup and administration of build and deployment CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Anthill Pro and UDeploy/Ucode and integrated with Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and other Atlassian products- Bamboo, JIRA, BitBucket for building of deployable artifacts ( JAR, WAR & EAR, and DLL & EXE ) from source code.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and Git on Unix and Windows environment on standalone and VM’s.
- Experience in developing Chef cookbooks, recipes, roles and data bags to automate the services related to deployment.
- Expertise in implementing detailed systems and services monitoring using Nagios and Zabbix services AWS cloud resources.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elasticsearch ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files from across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Expertise in Implementing and managing Splunk monitoring and reporting infrastructure
- Implemented LDAP integration to filter the security for the Prod, Dev and Test environment for Deployment jobs in Jenkins .
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with software configuration management (CM) tools ( Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc )
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies using SCM tools Subversion/GIT and maintain build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Nginx as a web server. Experience in configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, FTP, SSH .
- Build and configure a virtual data centers in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) , Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer .
- Experience in automating the cloud deployments using chef, python (botawakubero& fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Good understanding of other cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and OpenStack.
- Involved in designing WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, WebLogic features like High Availability, Load Balancing and Work Load Management.
- Integrated Docker into various infrastructure tools, including Ansible, Puppet, and VMware vSphere Integrated Containers.
- Experience on maintaining various code built on various applications built on Java/J2EE, C#, .Net.
- Knowledge of utilizing cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Experience with configuring and working on Docker and Writing Chef recipes using Ruby .
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Created REST API to store, update, read and delete bucket information on Consul using Kubernetes interfaces.
- Experience in experience on application server maintenance and J2EE application deployment in application servers like Apache, Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, and Oracle Web Logic .
- Worked on Setting up Linux servers with JBoss, Apache, JDK 1.7, JIRA, Bamboo, Stash and I also support other groups with products on Linux servers.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Solaris 11/10/9/8.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack, PCF and Google Cloud.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 2.0.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Red Hat, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Virtualization: VMware Client, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Datacentre Virtualization, Virtual Box, KVM, Power VM
Volume Manager: Logical Volume Manager, VERITAS Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
Version Control Tool: Git, SVN, Bitbucket, CVS.
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase.
Scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bourne, Korn and Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, YAML format, JSON format.
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, App dynamic, Cacti
Networking Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN
Confidential, Liberty, MO
Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Designed, Planed and created Azure virtual machines, Implemented and managed virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments
- Worked on Server less services (Azure Functions) created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the Application s using the VSTS.
- Maintained high degree of competency across the Microsoft Application Platform focusing on .NET Framework, WCF, Windows Azure, and SQL Azure .
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks. deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Configured Kubernetes Replication controllers to allow multiple pods such as Jenkins master server in multiple minions. Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm , managed Kubernetes manifest files and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes application.
- Worked with playbooks , tasks, roles, facts and templates for VAR files and configured files by conditions by keeping dynamic values and triggering YML files in Ansible
- Automated deployment of micro services to pull an image from private DockerRegistry and deploy Dockerswarm cluster using Ansible.
- Experienced in Ansible Tower configuration, setup, playbook setup and supporting backup and security process. Created Ansible supported YAML scripts to restart JBoss, Tomcat, and Jetty servers through GUI.
- Automated various service and application deployments with Ansible on CentOS and RHEL. Worked on developing procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Ansible, Cloud formation etc.
- Worked with Ansible for Orchestration of Deployments for various servers and managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, also involved in managing existing Tomcat Webserver and automated the configuration of new servers.
- Installed Dockerin local machine to test our Serverless Applications Locally Using SAM Local.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Dealt with DockerHub , making DockerImages and taking care of various Images essentially for middleware establishments.
- Administered Docker swarm mode using CLI for natively managing clusters of Docker engines and deploy application services to swarm.
- Included Vulnerability Detection as part of the CI/roCD workflow using Jenkins Pipelines, SonarQube Quality Gates. Installed Jenkins /Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Arti factory).
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and uDeploy to orchestrate changes across servers and components.
- Responsible for applying the Corporation’s Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining Git infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Implemented a high-performance data ingestion layer using Apache Kafka.
- Installed and configured Nexus Firewall to block unwanted components from entering the CI/CD pipeline.
- Configured and deployed BitnamiELK stack on Azure, worked on Installing plugins and troubleshooting HTTPS support with SSLcertificates.
- Extensively worked with PowerShell to automate SQL tasks, environment management related tasks and procedures on Windows machines.
Environment: Azure, PCF, Windows server 2012/R2/2013,Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, TFS, VSTS Windows PowerShell, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, SQL server, Nagios, Nexus, Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl.
Confidential, Marietta, GA
Sr. DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS, etc., with Opscode Chef Cookbooks and recipes
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, CloudWatch, OpsWorks, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, glacier, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail, IAM.
- Hands-on experience in working with setting up CI/CD pipeline integrating various tools with CloudBees Jenkins to build and run terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS .
- AWS EC2, VPC, S3, SNS, Redshift, EMR based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Python, Bash Scripts and Managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using CloudWatch.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF . Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF .
- Implemented and maintained Chef , OpsWorks Configuration management extending several environments in VMware, AWScloud and created Cookbooks for Chef using the Ruby programming language.
- Deploying, managing, and troubleshooting VMware vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestration, vRealize IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), vRealize DEM (Distributed Execution Manager), and vRealize SSO Servers (Single Sign-On) across multiple data centers.
- Written ChefCookbooks , recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like ApacheTomcat , JDK , and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python SDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks .
- Creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using AnsibleTower . Downloaded and managed Ansibleroles from AnsibleGalaxy to automate the infrastructure.
- Created AnsiblePlaybooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx , ApacheSpark and other applications.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux, created master and slave configuration, and drove all microservices builds out to the Docker registry. Build scripts using Maven in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Creating and Implementing branching and merging strategy with multiple branches and used Git as source code management repository to keep track of version changes.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack ( Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana ) to monitor system logs, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events , changes in S3 etc.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and have in-depth knowledge of log analysis generated by various systems including security products.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks and performed necessary day to day GIT support for different projects.
- Developed Dev, Test and Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Ruby/Bash, Chef, and Terraform
- Responsible for writing the Terraform scripts to install the kubernetescluster and its dashboard on to the OpenStack cloud.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Log Stash to output data to AWS S3.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Administered, deployed and managed RedHat, Ubuntu, Windows and CentOS servers. Using Perl, Bash, Shell scripting and automated log backup using Python Boto3 API , managed batch jobs in Linux for data automated import/export of data and system automation programming.
- Hands on experience in administration and maintenance of services like HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, LDAP and NFS . Also, mount NAS exported shares on client machines.
Environment: Amazon wed services (AWS EC2/AMIs/VPC/S3/IAM/glacier), AWS Opsworks, AWS cloud trails, CloudWatch, Redshift, EMR, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD),Azure, ClearQuest, Junit, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Chef, Ansible, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Nginx, Drupal, Terraform, Docker, Cassandra database, Kubernetes, Linux,vRealize, vCenter, VMware ESXi,vSphere, AEM, CloudBees Jenkins, Vagrant, Sonarqube, Artifactory, Route 53, Git, GitHub, Nagios, Splunk, Ruby/Bash scripts, JIRA, Apache, Python.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
DevOps Automation Engineer
- Managed AmazonWebServices (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool such as Chef. Designing cloud hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created IAM policies for administration in AWS to assist type applications and teams across local geographical and remote areas. Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Chef.
- Configured Chef Confidential Linux machines and schedule jobs to read every 30 minutes.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with puppet and AWS Ops Works stacks across product platforms.
- Created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, MongoDB table and to integrate AWS web Application Firewall with ELB and Cloud Front.
- Providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline. Integrated Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Confluence and JIRA and Used Git with Jenkins to integrate to automate the code checkout process.
- Experienced in creating custom Build & Deployment automation solutions in scripting languages including Python, Shell, UNIX shell, Ruby, Perl and PowerShell . I have worked and administered artifact tools including Nexus and Artifactory.
- Developed Shell Scripts and Perl for automation of the build and release process. Developed custom solutions in C# and PowerShell to validate availability, consistency, and compliance with environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Associated with DBAs for installation of Oracle database on Linux servers & for tuning, backup and restore.
- Experience with RHEL Linux systems, virtualization in a large-scale environment, experience with Linux Containers.
- Create and Cloned Linux Virtual Machines, Templates using VMware vSphere Client and migrating servers between Esxi Hosts.
- Performed FVT in conjunction with TSM/HSM, NFS, SSL, SSH, Samba to thoroughly test GPFS security and other functions on Linux and AIX.
- Installing and applying security policies on Red Hat Linux for hardening the server based on the company's policy.
- Worked on setting up Linux servers for Oracle Real Application Clusters and configuring SAN
- Based mount points and Perform day to day Linux administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares, permissions.
Environment: Linux (RedHat 7.x, 6.x, 5.x), Solaris (9/10/11), VMware, RAID, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Jenkins, ANT, Maven, OpenStack, Nexus, Ruby, MongoDB, Redis, LVM, Puppet, mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3)
- Worked in Agile Project management Process, JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring and with the Architects on SDLC
- Process being the owner of post-development environments
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects. Experience in development of build scripts using Ant, Maven.
- Used combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Openstack(Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI(Jenkins) developed a puppet module for automation.
- Set up customized monitoring with Nagios, &PNP4Nagios Graphs for the legacy and new environments.
- Used combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Open stack(Horizon), Vagrant and Simple UI(Jenkins) developed a puppet module for automation
- Worked on SonarQube dashboard to review the code changes and the reviewer would comment or make necessary changes.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Created custom modules and manifests in Puppet using Facts, Resource Types and Provider to configure, install and run various applications and customized puppet scripts to perform further provisioning for entire stack.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet Roles, Profiles, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml. Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and executed CI process on the Java code generated.
- Proposed different branching strategies for SVN to support the parallel development for various projects.
Environment: (SVN), TFS Version 2013, Jenkins, Jira, Java/J2EE, C#, API Developer, ANT, MAVEN, Puppet, Nexus, UrbanCode, Web Logic, Python, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux (RHEL), Windows XP, Oracle, JIRA, Udeploy.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Build Release Engineer
- Checked the data integrity on an Oracle data base using SQL queries. Taken an interest in week after week release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Setup continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deploying with zero touch.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into SVN and GIT.
- Deployed web applications using Chef by developing the cookbook to meet the project requirements.
- Provided end-users training for all Tortoises SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Managed and improved branching and other JIRAsource code strategies in SVN/GIT, establish process control points and configuration to support needs of the development team.
- Improved build process and developed automation leading up to a continuous integration system.
- Used Chef for deploying applications. And on experience with Ruby.
- Implemented and improved process for release management, automated code deployment, configuration management, and monitoring.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Initial troubleshooting of build failures, coordinating resolution efforts and communicating with appropriate team members.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Developing ANT, MAVEN and Power Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of WebSphere platforms.
- Handled documentation of the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- As a Release Engineer, handled different development teams and a number of simultaneous software releases.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
Environment: UNIX, Windows Web Sphere 6.1.1, Shell Scripts, XML, ANT, Chef, MAVEN, Tortoise SVN 1.6, 1.7, JIRA, Ruby, Jenkins, Java/J2EE Oracle10g, 11g.