- 6 years of experience in IT industry as Sr.DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer and Linux Administrator in Source Code Management, software design, development, application support, deployment and configuration on different platforms like Windows, Linux.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Subversion (SVN).
- Great experience in Source Control Systems including TFS, Bitbucket & GitHub.
- Installed, configured and administered CICD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and Hudson for automated builds.
- Experience in debugging issues in CI/CD pipelines. Handled multiple projects.
- Strong experience with Maven and Gradle Build Frameworks and used MSBuild for Build, Sonar for source code Quality, Fortify Scans for Security.
- Rolled out Matomo (web analytics application) project for multiple teams.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine and Docker Registry. Worked with Docker images & Docker Container.
- Configured, administered Monitoring tools like Splunk and Grafana.
- Worked with various Environment teams such as Development, Testing and Production to ensure automated test efforts are strongly integrated with the build system.
- Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Ubuntu, Unix, Windows 2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7, AIX.
- Version Control Tools: GIT, TFS, SVN
- Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and JBOSS.
- Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson and Bamboo.
- Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle and MS Build.
- Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally
- Virtualization Tools: Docker, VM virtual Box and VMware.
- Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Grafana and Cloud watch.
- Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud Formation, S3, IAM, Dynamo DB, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud watch, Openshift.
- Scripting: Shell, Bash and Groovy
- Languages: C/C++, Java
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Familiar and experienced with Agile development methodologies like Scrum, Sprints Model.
- Experienced in GIT forks, tagging, handling merge requests and notifications. Setting up the GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Worked on setting up CI (continuous Integration) in TFS and Jenkins and Migrating TFS projects from TFVC to GIT repos for source repositories.
- Implementation of the latest feature of the Jenkins 2.1 with pipeline as code.
- Set up and managed Jenkins build farm of mixed Linux, Mac OS, and Windows slaves.
- Created the Master/Slave pattern for Jenkins to distribute the load and builds around the build farm.
- Implemented Docker containers to create images of the application and dynamically provision slaves to Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
- Configuration of Jenkins, Identifying and installing required plug-ins to Jenkins, writing Groovy scripts to configure build jobs, Build Pipelines.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MS Build as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Continuous Delivery ( CD ) is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stage and Production using Jenkins.
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Gradle over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repe Confidential ble enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
Environment: GIT Repositories, TFS, CI/CD, Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy, MS Build, Sonar, Fortify, ASP.NET, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Grafana, Rally, Prometheus, InfluxDB.
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control and connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository.
- Created repositories, branches, tags and involved in code review & merging process.
- Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration with Plugins and created Jobs.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with maven to schedule the builds and automated the deployment on the application servers using the " code deploy " plug-in for Jenkins .
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Monitored resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS, DB services and EBS volumes using Cloud Watch.
- Responsible to create various Cloud Watch alarms that sends an Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) message when the alarm triggers.
- Experienced in configuring AWS S3 and their life cycle policies and to backup files and archive files in Amazon Glacier.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation.
Environment: GIT Repositories, Jenkins on Shell, Maven, Docker, Amazon Aurora, Splunk, AWS, Azure, AMI, ELB, Auto Scaling, S3 bucket, Splunk, EC2, Ruby/Bash, RDS, EBS, Lambda, Cloud Watch, SNS.
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Raritan, NJ
- Involved in Sprint meetings and followed agile software development methodologies.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Jenkins and Maven .
- Created GIT repositories and specified branching strategies that best fitted the needs for the client.
- Worked as an SCM in automating the build and deploy process through Jenkins on deploying applications in Weblogic.
- Understanding Maven script for automated builds and Creating installable components like WAR files by using Maven Script.
- Implemented continuous integration using the Jenkins , which tracks the source code changes.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for Java projects using Maven.
- Studied the current build and release process and automated the process using Shell scripts.
- Debugged Build failures and worked with developers and QA people to resolve the related issues.
- Perform various builds for the QA , and Production Environments.
- Co-coordinating with dev. team resolving build issue, merging files and making sure proper check-ins going on trunk, branch of specific release.
- Maintain the Code Stability from Development till Production.
- Setup and Configuration of Jenkins CI tool for automated build& deployment process.
- Used Amazon RDS, EC2, SES, SQS, and SNS in multiple virtual and physical d Confidential centers to ensure the system was highly redundant and scalable.
Environment: Git, Jira, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, AWS (Amazon Web Services), RDS, EC2, SES, SQS, SNS, S3, VPC, IAM, RDB, Dynamo DB, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, AWS Cloud, DNS, ELB, VPN, Route 53, Cloud watch, S3 bucket, IAM, EBS, Auto Scaling, Security group.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India
- Installation and Troubleshooting on VMware running Linux (Red Hat) and Windows.
- Creating VM's, templates, clones, snapshots and deploying Red hat enterprise machines out of templates and clones.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of operating systems Linux on Windows hardware.
- Monitoring System performance and do kernel tuning to enhance the system Performance, worked on installation, configuration and maintenance of Debian/Red hat, CentOS Servers at multiple D Confidential Centers.
- Management of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, active directories and file permissions.
- Automation of jobs through crontab and autosys, installation of packages, patch management, volume management on Suse servers using YaST.
- Monitored system activities, fine-tuned system parameters, configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Configuration of NIS, NFS, send mail on Linux and administering NFS Mounts.
- Responsible for day-to-day System Administration for Solaris and Windows NT servers.
- Solaris Operating Systems upgrade, package installations, updates, patches and software fixes.
- Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore.
Environment: LINUX and UNIX scripting, WebSphere, Subversion (SVN), Red hat/Debian, Centos, WebLogic, TOAD, GIT, PL/SQL, Java/Scala.