Over 8+ years of successful professional experience in IT industry as a DevOps Engineer and Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Linux Systems Administration. Experience includes SCM, DevOps Build & Release Management, and Cloud Management. I have involved in Building, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, Planning, Testing and Release of various Software applications for business areas like retail, banking, telecom, financial industries in environment using Subversion, Git, CVS, Jenkins, AWS, ANT, Chef and Ansible tools.
- Worked with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, CodeCommit, S3.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 500+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP Elastic Storage and also experience working on implemented security groups.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances as well as migrating data to AWS from data Center, Configuring and Networking of virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Worked on AWS Cloud platform and its services which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3.
- Involved in setting up several builds for several applications using Chef. Also involved in pushing all of the configuration management into Chef to allow rapid roll - out of infrastructure.
- Good knowledge in creating and maintaining various DevOps related tools for the team such as deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, ELB and AMI’s. Utilized EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in Production support.
- Strong knowledge of the development of REST- based web services.
- Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tool: creating new jobs, managing required plug-ins, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automation builds.
- Worked on the Deployment, Configuration, Monitoring and Maintenance of OpenShift Container Platform.
- Experience with any industry DevOps tools, open source technologies and cloud services starting from BitBucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker, Azure, XLR, UCD.
- Experience in using build automation tools like MAVEN, ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR, JAR & EAR from source code.
- Experience on configuration management (Chef/ Ansible) and continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, Clover, PMD, find bugs and check style.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, and Azure deployments.
- Experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS Cloud environments and in Data Centers.
- Experience in using Tomcat Web Server and JBoss, Weblogic and Websphere Application Servers for deployment.
- Deployment of Swarm Cluster for Jenkins build tooling.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- In-depth experience in operations support and meeting the business expectations for projects pertaining to Azure Cloud (PaaS and IaaS) infrastructure.
- Experience with Docker or Linux container technologies like Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker Swarm.
- AEM administration and production support in Linux environment.
- Implement, enhance and troubleshoot AEM authoring and publishing instances.
- Understanding of cross platform environments (Dotnet, Unix, MacOS, Java).
- Implemented CI using Jenkins and continuous deployment using Chef and AWS.
- Used GIT as a source code management tool: creating local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repo, saving changes for later(Stash), recovering files, branching, creating tags, viewing logs, etc.
- Extensive experience utilizing hands-on development practices using VSTS, Chef, Ansible, and Puppet.
- Create VM’s using AWS AMI and deploy application using Chef.
- Configured and used apache as a load balancer to route the requests from users to the web applications hosted on two different WebLogic servers.
- Good understanding of Network Topology (LAN, WAN, Subnets, VPN, Firewalls).
- Worked on various Monitoring tools like Appdynamics, Pagerduty, and Zabbix.
- Experience includes SCM, Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management.
- Responsible for Implementing, creating change records in Change Management Process
- Loading, testing and creating profiles for virtual and physical workstations using VMware vSphere Web Client and VMware Remote Console.
- Experience with event driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Good knowledge on DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPs, SSH.
- Familiar with networks like Akamai CDN, Cloudfront and Route53.
- Maintain performance metrics and monitoring for microservices architecture and operations environment.
- Good knowledge in relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DynamoDB and MongoDB.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Excellent communication skills, good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions and has ability to work as a team or individually and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Cloud Technologies
- Amazon Web Services(EC2, EB, Route 53, S3, ElastiCache), Apache web services, Redhat CFME. GAE (Google App Engine)
- Programming Languages
- Scripting Languages
- Web Servers
- Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, JBOSS, WebLogic
- SCM Tools
- GIT, GitHub, CVS, Subversion, Bit Bucket
- Build Tools
- ANT, Maven
- Configuration Management Tools
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Continuous Integration/ Deployment Tools
- Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, uDeploy
- Monitoring Tools
- Nagios, App Dynamics, Splunk, LogStash, Apache Jmeter
- Network Protocols
- HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, VPN, POP3, Cisco Routers/Switches
- Operating Systems
- Windows, Unix, Linux
- Nexus, Artifactory
Confidential, Austin, TX
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Route 53.
- Used IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, and designed user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using CloudWatch.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 1000+ AWS EC2 instances and configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage.
- Was responsible for migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the cloud infrastructure.
- Inovlved in designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system, configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, crating required scripts and creating/configuring VMs(Windows/Linux).
- Moved local server infrastructure into AWS, including their test and development environments.
- Setting up Jenkins Continuous Integration builds for all releases on windows and Linux.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins & Maven in Linux environment
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Design, build and execute against the microservice Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings.
- Used Shellscripts to automate the deployment process.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments, Shell and Perl scripting for monitoring server’s health by setting it via Cron and for Build & Release automation.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war &ear from source code.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Experience is using Tomcat, servers for deployments. Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nginx, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application.
- Involved in several production Implementations and managed deployment processes via Linux Deployment Management System and Puppet.
- Followed agile principles and used JIRA for maintenance and Bug development tasks.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, AWS EC2, S3, Bucket, GIT, Maven, Nagios, Jenkins, IBM Urban Code Deploy, Cloud Watch, Agile, Kubernetes, GitHub, WebLogic, Tomcat, Shell & Perl Scripting, MySQL, Jenkins, Docker.
Confidential, San Francisco,CA
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Application of automations tools like Chef, Ansible, DevOps based on the requirements.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code and writing Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
- Manage deployment automation using Chef, MCollective, Hiera and Ruby.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool. Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Jenkins
- Expert in User Management, Disaster Recovery Processes and Plugin Management for Jenkins.
- Experience in writing power shell scripting to do patching, imaging and deployments in Azure.
- Development web service using windows communication foundation and to receive and process XML files and deploy on Cloud service on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Worked with Knife command-line tool and creating Cookbook.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Imported and managed multiple applications in Subversion(SVN).
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Intermediate to advanced level expertise in setting up and maintaining code repositories (GIT).
- Experience with CI(Continuous Integration) tools Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Provided stable build environments for product development.
Environment: SVN, AWS, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Nexus, Confluence, Apache Tomcat, Chef, Find Bugs, Service now, AWS, EC2, Agile, IBM WebSphere.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Used Perforce version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Involved in writing Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Good command in writing ANT scripts for making all the files local to the server.
- Created deployment tickets using JIRA for build deployment in Production.
- Design, build and execute against the Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings.
- Collected the approvals for deploying the code to production.
- Created diff files and check sum files for production support.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Involved in working with WebSphere App server admin console for deploying applications.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that rose during the deployments to different environments.
- Managed and monitored the Services which are project related in Microsoft Azure.
- Deployed code and maintained services and closely worked with DEV teams in Microsoft Azure.
- Architectural experience in designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level applications
- with expertise in virtualization, cloud computing.
Environment:Subversion, Perforce, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, ANT, Shell Scripts, Azure, MAVENJIRA, UNIX, LINUX, Windows XP.