Passionate AWS & DevOps Engineer with 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of Cloud computing, DevOps Principles with keeping up Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Worked on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Strong Knowledge on Virtualization, Web services and Cloud computing.
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications using the AWS stack (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM), focusing on high - availability, auto-scaling and fault tolerance. backups to S3 Setup Open Stack proof of concept (POC) in staging.
- Worked on Apache/PHP/MySQL/postfix/Sendmail/DNS/BIND
- Build Customized Amazon Machine Images (AMI’s)& deployed these customized images based on requirements.
- Experience working on various cloud platforms like AWS, Azure and Rackspace.
- Experience working on Migration from a physical d Confidential center environment to AWS.
- Experienced in supporting Red Hat Satellite server, RHN.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Experience in working with various CI/CD tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, Subversion, Team foundation server, Accure and Nexus, Artifactory.
- Troubleshoot AWS EC2 Status check including system status check & Instance Status check alerts.
- Extensive knowledge of NIM, Jumpstart & Kickstart.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins&Hudson for Continuous Integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments and experienced in setting up CRON jobs on production servers by using Jenkins.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT on Linux platforms and Involved in the Branching Strategy, thereby creating different branches in the existing workflow process using revision control tool GIT.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle process and tools (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Strong knowledge on Python, Shell, Power shell (windows) scripting for automation and configuration.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008, UNIX, Linux, Ubuntu, Cent OS, RHEL, IOS
- Automation/Development Tools
- Dockers, Vagrant, Kubernetes
- Build Tools
- Ant, Maven
- Continuous Integration tools
- Jenkins, Team city
- Scripting Languages
- Version Control Tools
- Subversion, GIT
- Tracking tools
- Web/Application Servers
- Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Sphere, Web Logic
- Configuration Management Tools
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Cloud Environment
- AWS, Azure
- Agile, SCRUM &Waterfall
- Repository Management Tools
- J frog Artifactory, Nexus
- Code Quality Tools
- Sonar qube
- D Confidential bases
- Cloud Computing Services
- Oracle, My SQL, No SQL, DB2
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Confidential, Harrison, NY
Role: AWS /DevOps Engineer
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Utilize Amazon Glacier for archiving d Confidential .
- Developed Scripts for AWS Orchestration
- Utilize EBS to store persistent d Confidential and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Use Amazon Cloud Watch metrics to monitor the health and utilization of AWS resources.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Managed the Azure Security groups and attached them to VM's and Subnets using AzurePortal as well as PowerShell Scripts.
- Implemented a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and Azure Container Service
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tool like GIT.
- Experience with Build Management Tool Maven.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Shell scripts.
- Installed VMware VSphere 5 and created virtual machines on ESX 5.0 Servers using Dell PowerEdge R410.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and Web Sphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM&YUM.
Environment: EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Azure, CI/CD, Docker, auto scaling groups, Git, Jenkins, Maven, AWS, Web Sphere, PHP, Apache Tomcat, J Boss, Puppet, Nagios, Cloud Watch.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Role: AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs) , and security groups and created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Admin for AWS in managing the user using IAM for the AWS access.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing , and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and CHEF.
- Work with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Templated AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked with OpenStack and Open Shift cartridge technologies and tools as well as managed their integration with application.
- Use of Docker and Open Shift to manage micro services
- Worked with OpenStack and Open Shift cartridge technologies and tools as well as managed their integration with application.
- Experience in creating and configuring Azure Virtual Networks (Vnets), subnets, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, Security policies and routing. Created Web App Services and deployed Asp.Net applications through Microsoft Azure Web App services.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, D Confidential Bags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds. Configured the Ansible playbooks with AnsibleTower so that other users can run them with just a push of a button.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Managing and administering multiple instances of GIT , including the build server infrastructure and operating environment for Android; develop server-side scripts/SW to customize GIT and to tie in with other tools such as Jira, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo .
- Managed Git repository, code merging, production deployments and analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for Git .
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python) , and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Getting the list of issues from the components (project, module, file etc.) with the help of Sonar qube and viewing the selected issues of web interface using Sonar qube.
Environment: & Tools: Java, RHEL 6/7.2, Python, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Nagios, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, SQS, Azure, Auto-Scaling, ELB, ELK, Shell Scripts, ANSIBLE, Terraform, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Strong experience on DevOps tools such as GIT, Chef, Docker, Puppet, Vagrant, Virtual box, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT and SVN.
- Developed and implemented automated Linux infrastructure environments on VMs using Vagrant, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Apache and Tomcat servers.
- Worked closely with different projects for build and release SCM effort like Branching, Tagging, Merge, etc.
- Versioning and Source control of codes using GIT, Bit bucket using concepts such as branching, merging, labelling/tagging, branches locking, access control and integration.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Expertise in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins.
- Implemented a continuous delivery using Jenkins in Linux environment.
- Expertise in writing CHEF cookbooks and recipes to automate infrastructure as a code.
- Involved in the setup of Chef servers, work stations, nodes and bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes for configuration management.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases.
- Experience in LINUX and using SHELL, PERL, PYTHON scripting to automate processes.
- Experience in resolving Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Writing JSON templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GITHUB (sub version control).
- QA experience in all phases of life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Worked on Tomcat 7, JBOSS, Web Logic and Web Sphere Application servers for deployments.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
Environment: ANT, Puppet, Jenkins, Make, JIRA, Perforce, Shell, UNIX, Linux, Subversion, AWS, Nexus, Apache 2.x, Apache Tomcat 6.x/7.x, New Relic
Role: Linux System Administrator
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kick start-based network installation
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Managed Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Installation of patches and other software packages
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain,
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers
- Installed and Configured Send mail Utility on Linux Servers.
- Administered NFS Mounts.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems, Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities
- Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
Environment: Red Hat Linux servers, KVM, Oracle 7.x/8.x, NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN, LVMs on SAN, Windows, Linux, Solaris 9/8/10, HP-UX 11.0, SPARC server 1000/20
Role: Jr. Linux/AIX Systems Administrator
- Worked as Jr. Systems Administrator for AIX, UNIX, and Linux servers
- Configured Confidential p5, B80, RS6000,520,550,570,590,595,610,690.695 for production, staging and test environments
- Install and configure DHCP, web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on AIX and Linux servers
- Created and managed user accounts, security, Access Control Limits (ACL), permissions, disk space and process monitoring in Red hat Linux and Confidential AIX
- Monitored Disk & Memory Utilization on AIX 5.1, 5.2
- Experience using LVM creating VGs, LVs, and disk mirroring.
- Installed and set up Oracle9i and Web Sphere on Linux for the development team.
- Implemented Virtualization using VM Ware in Linux on HP-DL585.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kick start Installation.
- Hands on experience of HMC & LPAR.
- System performance monitoring and troubleshooting in AIX Environments.
- Creating users, managing user permission, maintaining User & File system quota in Red hat Linux and AIX.
- User management, security planning and implementation, Backup and restore Management.
- Created Micro partitioning of processor by dividing physical processor’s computing power into fractions of a processing unit and share them among multiple logical LPARs
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of AIX operating systems running oracle D Confidential base.
- Worked with D Confidential base administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations on Linux.
- Clustered multiple RS/6000 machines on AIX 5.1/5.2 using HACMP, configured HACMP cluster to keep applications running.
Environment: AIX, UNIX, and Linux servers, DHCP, web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), Red hat Linux and Confidential AIX, AIX 5.1, 5.2, Oracle9i, Web Sphere, HMC & LPAR