- Over 8 years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Extensive experience in System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Tuning, Migration, Troubleshooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x.
- Experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tools.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate with proficiency in cloud services such as EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB and SQS.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Experience developing and implementing continuous deployment code; experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps methodologies.
- Designed, Architected and implemented the Platform as a service built for Multi - tenant platform within the Hybrid cloud infrastructure within AWS and GCP.
- Created Blueprint, Design and Deployed scalable and secured solutions with High Availability on AWS Cloud, applied all security DNS, SUBNET, S3 storage standards, Government compliant standards and prepared all network setup approvals for content managements and other EDI ongoing transactions.
- Monitored and managed the cloud infrastructure within AWS and Google cloud infrastructure. Configured the AWS DNS to route the traffic between AWS and GCP configured each tenant on the platform.
- Implemented various security best-practices including IAM, Encryption, SSL termination, AD Federation, SAML integration etc.
- Designed and implemented AWS Architecture, API implementation EC2 Server setup, deployment, build, maintenance, and configuration of various AWS resources EC2, EBS, Elastic Load Balancers, S3, VPC, Security Groups, that are utilized for different environments like dev, testing, staging and prod.
- Created AWS Application Management, Cloud Formation Provision & Manager Infrastructure as code, Launched Web app using Elastic Beanstalk and driven forward all necessary initiatives across regions.
- Built CI/CD pipeline on AWS using AWS code Pipeline and code build.
- Built/monitored the CI/CD on GCP using Jenkins and Google shell commands.
- Manage and configure AWS services EC2, ELB, SNS, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, Lambda, Cloud Watch, IAM, SNS, VPC, and SES as per the business needs.
- Migrated existing on-premise applications to AWS & AWS Cloud. Presented weekly Matrices to offshore heads (region Heads) as and when needed.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from Git Hub repos containing Terraform code.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform and used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify network issue.
- Created Cloud Formation Stack and automated Jenkins for the Provisioning of Dev, QA, Pre-Prod and Production Environment .
- Created alarms and trigger points in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- Implemented Docker based Continues Integration and Deployment framework.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like MS Build Make file.
- Install, configure, modify, test & deploy applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx & Tomcat, JBoss App Servers.
- Good understanding of storage concepts. Experience in designing and implementing Azure Storage.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services.
- Setup Continuous Deployment for the various test environments utilizing Bamboo
- Working on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes
- Created and maintained various kinds of documentation related to the CM process using Confluence.
- Acted as Release Manager on several projects utilizing various build and release tools (Team City, Jenkins, VSTS, Power shell, Terraform and many more).
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, Stash (Bitbucket)
CI Tools: Jenkins, Cloudbee, Bamboo, TFS and uDeploy.
Config Mgmt Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven and Gradle, Vagrant, Terraform
Monitor Tools: Nagios, Cloudwatch, Zabbix, Sensu, Prometheus.
Virtualization: Amazon Web Services, Confidential Workstation, Docker.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL/PLSQL.
Scripts: Bash, Perl, Power Shell, Python, Ruby
Web Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, EJB, HTML, PHP, Angular Js, Java Script, XML, JSON.
Web/App servers: WebLogic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, SQL SERVER, PostgreSQL, MY SQL, Cassandra
Chef (7 years), Jenkins (7 years),AWS (5 years), Linux (8 years), Maven (8 years), Python (6 years), Confidential . (7 years)
Sr. AWS Devops Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS which includes scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Set-up Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Managed Aws cloud foundry to automate system operations.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Integration of Nexus, Jenkins, RunDeck, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Deployed Spring boot application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Configured S3 to host static web content and deployed cloud stack using AWS Opswork.
- Configured the load Balancers and VPC with private subnets and had a good knowledge on troubleshooting for the connectivity issues.
- Written custom resources and used Chef handlers for various auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Wrote Python/Shell Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services & Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bit Bucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Lead the cloud infrastructure maintenance effort using a combination of Jenkins, Chef and Terraform for automating CICD pipeline in AWS.
- Automated Open stack and AWS deployment using Cloud Formation, chef and Terraform.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, Python (boto& fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Designed and implemented for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Chef.
- Supported the process of first time configuration of web applications using Vagrant along with Puppet and Chef for provisioning.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing.
- Wrote Docker images for Bamboo, Nexus and various.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Run deck and deployment automation.
- Involved in DevOps automation processes for build and deploy systems for legacy and microservices projects.
- Implemented CI/CD for all the Microservices of the OEM application using Jenkins, Maven.
- Performed SCM tasks including branching, merging, server recovery, permission handling.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Implemented build stage- to build the micro service and push the docker container image to the private docker registry.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Chef, VCS, Subversion, Ansible, Micro Services, GIT, Run deck, Maven, ANT, LINUX, XML, Ruby, IBM Web Sphere, Java/J2EE, Oracle, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Responsible to equip the in-house applications with DevOps Automation, Cloud Modernization, Automating digital applications by Migration of legacy platforms to AWS Cloud.
- Lead major activities like promoting Docker swarm, Kubernetes to design images/containers for micro-service architectures production, Cloud SSL management & AWS deployment automations.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure. Created a mechanism to validate bits to life in a blue-Green deployment model.
- Launched AWS Elastic Beanstalk (EBS) for deploying, monitoring and scaling web applications using different platforms like Java, Docker, Python etc.,
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, Dynamo DB, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups and archives to Glacier archives.
- Managing AWS Infra and automation with Command Line Interface, API.
- Created AWS Route 53 to route traffic between different regions, DNS & Traffic Management, Availability Monitoring and Domain registration.
- Migrated few source code repositories between version control systems like SVN to GitHub.
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts&POM.xml files for generating java based artifacts such as JAR, WAR & EAR.
- Involved in authoring Terraform scripts to automate and deploy AWS cloud services
- Worked on Configuration of Puppet server-clients and deployed, maintained infrastructure using Puppet Manifests.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the vnet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Resource Groups, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins, Gradle and Chef.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Automated various tasks using Shell scripts and WLST scripts.e.g. OSB export and import scripts, SOA application deployment scripts, WebLogic Deployment scripts.
- Installed and configured Docker to create Docker containers of NodeJS and Ruby apps.
- Monitored the quality of the recipes using ChefSpec and InSpec.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Installed RHEL3.0/4.0 using kickstart and custom building the servers per SOW.
Environment: RHEL, Jenkins, Chef, Subversion,Kubernets, Micro Services, GIT, Run deck, Maven, ANT, LINUX, XML, Ruby, IBM Web Sphere, Java/J2EE.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
AWS Solutions Architect
- Creation &Maintenance of user accounts & passwords & profiles, home directories, initialization of files, groups' creation and management, setting file permissions, customizing shell environment setup for users.
- Worked with AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, AutoScalingGroups, Route 53, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, CloudFront, SNS, and RDS.
- Worked with configuration management tools like Ansible and CI/CD tool Jenkins.
- Set up and built AWS infrastructure with various services available by writing cloud formation templates in json.
- With the help of IAM created roles, users and groups and attached policies to provide minimum access to the resources.
- Created topics in SNS to send notifications to subscribers as per the requirement.
- Worked on the databases of the Amazon RDS and carried out functionalities for creating instances as per the requirements.
- Implemented Amazon RDS multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier.
- Created CloudFront distributions to serve content from edge locations to users so as to minimize the load on the frontend servers.
- Configured AWS CLI and performed necessary actions on the AWS services using shell scripting.
- Implemented Cloud Trailin order to capture the events related to API calls made to AWS infrastructure.
- Defined server types in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA &Production using Jenkins.
Environment: AWS (S3, EC2, ELB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, SNS, RDS, Route 53), Jenkins, Ansible, Shell/Bash scripting, Python, GIT)
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Developed Open Stack infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications and used Ansible for continuous integrations.
- Working on end to end in setting up of environments like DEV, IT, QA, IQA UAT and PROD environments in AWS cloud.
- Worked in Elastic Compute cloud EC2 and Elastic load balancing.
- Worked in monitoring and logging tools like cloud watch, cloud trail.
- Worked in creating launch configuration and auto scaling groups for fault tolerance and fail over.
- Worked in creating S3 buckets and setting up the life cycle polices for archival in Amazon Glacier.
- Working on automating deployments for Identity Access Management (IAM), Real Search and Rules Management Projects on AWS
- Created snapshot/backup for Elastic Block Storage AWS RDS.
- Worked in EBS Encryption, S3, and data at rest and data in transit.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Managed application specific cookbooks, recipes, roles, data bags & environments in chef.
- Creating automated build and release environment using CI/CD pipe line.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups. Created monitors, alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Used Direct connect to migrate on-premises data center to AWS.
- Worked on puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Expert knowledge in bash shell scripting and automation of cron jobs.
- Assigned security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Deployed and hosted the application on AWS using Ops Works, automated single click deployment onto AWS using Chef.
Environment: Shell Scripting, Puppet, Chef, GITHUB, JIRA, Python, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Jenkins, Ruby, JIRA, Maven, Ubuntu, CentOS, AWS, Elastic Load Balancer, S3, Cloud Watch, IAM, RDS, Storage Gateway.
Confidential, Palo, Alto
Build & Release Engineer
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Designing a process for pro-automation using Jenkins in all the application environments, and making sure it follows all the standard procedures of the Application SECDM or SDLC.
- Built provisioning engine that utilizes Puppet and Ansible to implement deployments to multiple platforms including Confidential and AWS.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies for different parallel development teams.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and CVS metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /CVS.
- Automated the entire build and deployment process using Jenkins and Hudson for Continuous Integration, and also documented the process.
- Worked on Nexus repository to maintain artifacts and used as a local repository.
- Coordinated the Development Team, QC and Application Support in Deploying the Code to the right System Test Environment using Hudson Tool.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Drove releases, automated release process.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Java.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Apache ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, Unix/Linux, Windows, JBoss, Web Sphere, Ruby, chef, ActiveMQ, Oracle, Nexus
Build & Release Engineer
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
Environment: Subversion, Perforce, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web services, WebLogic, Test Director, Mercury, Quality center, Oracle 10g, Visual Build, .Net, ANT, J2EE, Web sphere
Description: Confidential Consulting is a subsidiary of Outsourcing Inc Japan, a billion-dollar organization with a presence in 17 countries. We are one of the leading companies in developing and delivering unique personnel solutions that are customized according to the specific operational and HR requirements of organizations.
- Researched, endorsed, and implemented network enhancements improving system reliability and performance.
- Delivered hands on support, troubleshooting, and customization for Cisco routing and switching, Citrix, and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Maintained/configured virtual servers using Confidential ESX 4.1, HyperV, VSphere.
- Conducted proactive virus monitoring with Fire-Eye security platform.
- Initiated major application integration and upgrades for a variety of proprietary software.
- Experience with installation, configuration, upgrade and administration of IBM Pseries and Power5/Powerer6 servers on various levels of AIX operating system utilizing environment.
- Coordinating with application teams to schedule AIX 6.1 maintenance on QA/DEV.
- Requesting for new lun with tier 1 Replication to the storage team and enabling the path to login to the fabric.
- Prerequisites, creating procedures and configuration for Blade logic documentation
- Experience in LVM, which includes creating VG, LV and file system.
- Enabling x11 forwarding on etc./ssh/sshd config.
- Managing and securing user account, files, directory using associated commands.
- Firewall, port and package management
- Configuring and maintaining Apache web server
- Deep knowledge of NFS, DHCP, and FTP
- Performed Job scheduling using crontab utility.
- Performed disk management by checking for any RAID issues with running df, du and fsck commands.
- Monitored System performance using Nagios.
Environment: Dell 2950 PowerEdge M1000, Confidential VSphere 4.0, ESX 3.5, VM Converter, Virtual Center, Virtual Infrastructure Client, VMotion, VReplicator, clustering, SAN/NAS.