- A Professional 7+ years’ experience in Configuration Management, Change/Release/Build Management, System Administration, Support and Maintenance in environments like Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Python and Shell scripts with focus on DevOps tools, AWS, and Azure Cloud Architecture.
- Complete understanding of Software Development Life Cycle with Agile Methodologies.
- In - depth understanding of the tools and best practices of Software Configuration Management such as Ansible, Chef.
- Experience writing Ansible playbooks to deploy automated tasks to multiple servers using Python, Managing Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and written Ansible Scripts to assist Dev servers.
- Experience in using Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created Pods and managed using Kubernetes. Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Kubernetes
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and expertise in architecting secure VPC Solutions in AWS with the help of Network ACLs, Security groups and public and private network configurations.
- Extensively worked on source code management tools like GIT, SVN, Bitbucket, and GitLab
- Experience with migration of code base from SVN to GIT. Automation, designing and implementing continuous integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Experienced in using Terraform for building, changing, and manage existing and cloud infrastructure as well as custom in-house solutions.
- Experience in using JIRA and confluence .
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Having scripting knowledge on Bash, Shell and Python.
- Worked with Build and Release automation framework designing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Build and Release Planning, Procedures, scripting and automation.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and ability to work either independently with a little supervision or as a member of a team.
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
AWS Services: VPC, IAM, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Direct Connect, Storage Gateway, DMS, SMS, SNS, and SWF.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS), Ubuntu, Solaris, DEBIAN, Windows.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, TFS, Subversion (SVN), CVS and Bitbucket.
Build Tools: Maven, Nexus, and Ant.
Containerization Tools: AWS ECS, Docker, Kubernetes.
Application Servers: WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic.
Automation & Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker swarm, and Apache Mesos.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch, Splunk, and Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana .
Confidential, Denver, CO
DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Collaborating with development teams to enhance deployment processes by implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Designing Application architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Providing status and performance reporting on test/development environments.
- Defined and managed a well-defined project management process, scheduling and ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management .
- Connected user requests to infrastructure running in AWS such as Amazon EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancing load balancers, or Amazon S3 buckets and outside AWS using Amazon Route 53
- Involved in configuring and integrating the servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and creating new machines.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python
- Proof of Concept (POC) on building/maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, Docker Compose and Docker Registry . Created multiple Containers with Specific Run Times and Proxying using NGINX for Virtual Hosting of Multiple Containers in Single Docker Host.
- Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Configured the Auto scaling and ELB groups in AWS to main high scalable and secure environment.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for the Web Sphere ; web application server .
- Worked on Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2, and Auto scaling groups .
- Developed a shell script to display all the environment variables during the deployment of our application to another client.
- Created Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is public or private network.
- Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACL.
- Provided 24X7 supports on a rotation basis.
Environment: Red hat Linux, AWS, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, ANT, Maven, Shell, Python, WebSphere, Load Balancers.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
DevOps /AWS Engineer
- Configured and maintained user accounts for development, QA, and production teams and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM and performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role base policies and customizing the JSON template.
- Used Cloud Watch for monitoring AWS cloud resources and the applications that deployed on AWS by creating new alarm, enable notification service.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes. created custom sized EC2 instances, VPC , subnets, NAT, ELB and Security groups using AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Installed, configured& administered Bamboo on Linux machines along with adding/updating
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Day to day activities like building and deploying code in different environments like DEV, SIT, UTA, Pre-Prod and Prod using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and Chef.
- Continuous Integration /Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins and Nexus
- Experience in working on source control tool GIT. Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Worked extensively in configuring Auto scaling for high Availability.
Environment: AWS, Ant, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, JIRA.
Confidential, Trinity, NC
- Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMware Virtual machines as required in the environment.
- Used ANT to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Wrote puppet modules for installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Automated the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN
- Creating Jenkins Templates based on the technology stacks by using shell scripting
- Resolving build and deployment issues during implementation of applications.
- Troubleshooted issues along the CI/CD pipelines.
- Providing the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expediate Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams
- Involving in migration activities of Java scripts and Database scripts from Oracle, MS SQL Server and MY SQL into different environments like Development, QA.
- Participate in release team meetings and contribute to the release process through completion
- Configured and maintained codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers.
- Merging and tagging need to be done after the code went live in environment.
- Configure EC2 instances health and monitor CPU utilization and do scaling process.
- Maintained a Live Like environment to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
Environment: AWS, MYSQL, ANT, Jenkins, Oracle, LINUX, Windows
- Escalation of problems to Vendor support, Engineering and Development teams for further analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining changes to the environment and addressing the same to daily change control meeting.
- Deploying applications to various production environment using deployment tools.
- Monitoring web sites using Mercury’s site scope and Topaz.
- Ensures process & procedures are followed and documentation is completed when new services are deployed.
- Daily monitoring of servers of various environments spreads across various geographical locations.
- Install security fixes, kernel and OS patches
- Fine tune JMS Messaging bridges and JMS Destinations.
- Configure SSL in Apache, I Planet and WebLogic servers.
- Trouble shoot complex problem and improve the processes.
- Involved in SEV calls with other team members and application team for resolving the high priority issues in Production environment.
- Provided 24X7 supports on a rotation basis.
- Manage filesystems usage alerting via shell script scheduled as Cron job
- Report on VM improvements, and make recommendations for the upgrades, which include VM virtual hardware versions and VMware Tools with less business impact.
- Experience in configuring customized alarms in vCenter server for data store usage, host CPU and Memory usage. Implemented storage vMotion to migrate VM's from HP EVA to EMC VMAX, VNX storage
- Investigate and troubleshoot incidents interrupting service in customers' environments
Environment: CentOS, Solaris, JIRA, Subversion, JIRA, Web Sphere, Tomcat, Bash Shell scripting, Java, C++, Java/J2EE, Unix, Maven, GIT, SVN, ANT, Jenkins, Remedy, Shell Scripts, Web Sphere.