- 6+ years of experience in Linux Administrator, DevOps Engineering, Cloud Engineer, Build and Release Management, VMware and Production Support of various applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and have skilled experience on Windows Server 2008 - R2/2012- R2/2016 on various hardware platforms and AWS/Azure cloud.
- Experience working in AWS Cloud Services such as VPC, EC2, S3, AMI, NACL, Security Groups, IAM, ELB, EBS, Route 53, EMR, SNS, RDS, SQS, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudFront, CloudWatch and Snowball.
- Hands on experience in Azure, Virtual networks, Deployed Virtual Machines, Traffic Management, Power Shell, Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Active Directory and Cloud infrastructure.
- Managing Virtual servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using the Configuration management Ansible by writing the Ansible playbooks to automate the launching of AWS EC2 instances on Amazon Linux, Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet to automate the configuration management in Production servers, Network devices and Cloud Services.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, and also have hands on Experience in working with Kubernetes, running/managing containers, container snapshots and managing images.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker containerization, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Worked on Docker components like Docker Files, Docker Images, Docker Engine, Docker Containers, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Experience in container management using Docker by creating the custom Docker Images from Docker files to set up the auto build on Docker HUB and maintained Trusted Registry.
- Experience in creating customized Docker images and push them to Amazon ECS. Implemented new Docker container creation process for each GitHub branch. Container gets started using Jenkins as Continuous Integration server.
- Good experience in implementing a Continuous Delivery pipeline using the tools like Jenkins GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, SVN, Nexus, Gradle, Maven, ANT, and AWS AMI's.
- Troubleshooting in build issue during the Jenkins build process and Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installation & configuration of Jenkins with Plugins to support various Java builds and automate the continuous builds to publishing Docker images into the Nexus repository & Artifactory.
- Expertise in installation, Configuration and Administration of VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x, 5.x & 6.x and various tools like VCenter, vSphere, and migration of the existing servers from physical to virtual VMware environment.
- Expertise in Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Experience in using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment. Installing, configuring, and management of MYSQL, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , PostgreSQL & Mongo DB.
- Experience in Working with services and in using various network protocols like HTTP, TCP/IP, SSH, UDP and SMTP.
- Expertise in creating LVM (logical volumes), Volume groups and file systems. Increasing and reducing logical volumes, mounting and unmounting file systems.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and management of monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk for monitoring the server/app status, disk space issues and logging tools like ELK.
- Experience with all phases of software development life-cycle (SDLC) and agile development methodology. Ability to understand, learn and implement the new system design, new technologies, data models and functional components of software system in a professional work environment.
- Able to build solid relationships within as well as consensus across multiple teams on environment strategies of build and release process.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack
Build/Automation: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Teamcity, UDeploy
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008R 2/2012/2016.
Web/App Server: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Web Logic, WebSphere Application Server, Jboss, LAMP, Jetty
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
Projec t /Bug Tracking: Service NOW, JIRA, Crucible, Rally, Remedy, IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, HP Quality Centre.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, Bitbucket, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack, APP Dynamics, Dynatrace.
Virtualization/Container: Docker, Kubernetes, VMware vSphere 5.5/6.0/6.5
Web/Programming: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL, PLSQL
Confidential - Columbia, MD
DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Engineer
- Expertise in AWS provisioning and good skills of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, Cloud entrance, Cloud Watch, Cloud trail, Cloud Formation Template (CFT) and security groups.
- Built YAML and JSON Script templates for creating VPC, Subnets, Network Interface, EC2 Instances, Cloud Trail for API monitoring, Cloud watch of the resources, Cognito for access control to your web, RDS with PostgreSQL, S3 for cloud watch log storage with two different Availability Zones.
- Configuring in security groups for inbound/outbound entry, network ACLs for controlling site traffic through subnets, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route Tables to direct the network traffic and to be certain secure zones for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud. Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-production where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Configured ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) to distribute traffic through different Web Logic Servers and tangled in deploying the content to cloud platform on AWS by using EC2, S3 and Elastic Block Store (EBS) .
- Performed Python Scripts to Automate AWS services which can accommodate web servers, database, security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers or join web servers to stacks.
- Configured LAMP stack image (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP ) in multitier AWS instances in specific subnets in Amazon VPC, connected ACL’s and SG to maintain high security.
- Experienced with Monitoring Docker-Kubernetes - Openstack and Monitoring tools with ELK. Worked with OpenStack Block Storage (Cider) provides persistent block-level storage devices for use with OpenStack compute instances. The block storage system manages the creation, attaching and detaching of the block devices to servers.
- Used Docker for local application deployment and test and did orchestrating between container using Docker swarm and writing Docker files.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers to build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Installed, configured and maintained the Docker environments in Linux & Unix systems to all microservices and created several scripts in python to monitor and admin all Docker Containers.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes and managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Expertise in writing Ansible playbooks and creating Roles for Scalability and Reusability in Ansible, writing playbooks for provisioning, orchestration, packages, services, configuration and deployment using Ansible.
- Writing inventory files, Ansible configuration files and creating playbooks in Ansible for configuration and deployment activities, configuring packages, services using Ansible modules like yum, service, templates, handlers etc.
- Worked on Azure AD connect to integrate on-premises directories with Azure active directory which provides a common identity for users for office 365, Azure and SaaS applications integrated with Azure AD.
- Expertise in executing the CI Jenkins build job for Java software builds. Making use of GIT (Stash) device because the source code repositories for all projects and Artifactory for all builds release repository.
- Expertise in implementing continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Maven, Jenkins and AWS to perform automated CI Builds and Deployments.
- Performed weekly deployments by engaging CI tool Jenkins through automation and also configured GIT into Jenkins to automate code check-out process.
- Installed, Configured and Administrated of IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.x/9.x, and WebSphere Portal Server 126.96.36.199 on AIX/Linux platform, deployed J2EE Applications archives (JAR, WAR and EAR) and configured JDBC type 2 and type 4 drivers in different server environment.
- Installation and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, TELENT, HTTP, HTTPS, LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS, SMTP, CDN.
- Used AppDynamics to monitor the applications, troubleshooting AppD configuration issues, metric data, backend issues etc.
- Configured and maintained SPLUNK across UNIX and Windows platforms and extensive experience in creating Splunk Dashboards and Alerts.
Confidential - Washington, DC
DevOps Engineer/ Cloud engineer
- Provisioned and maintained Amazon AWS server provisioning via Ansible, including the provisioning of the instances, ELBs, DNS, along with contribution of code to the Jenkins-AWS module on GitHub as part of this. Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Performed AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure on various resources like VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON/YAML templates.
- Created Lambda Functions to test the data consistency in S3 by using the hashing and directed consequent results to respective SNS topics. Experienced in utilizing the AWS Cloud Formation, AWS OpsWorks, Code Deploy to migrate the on-premise environment to AWS cloud.
- Deployed Kubernetes on AWS infrastructure using Kops and configured Volume drivers to use EBS volumes for the Persistent volume solution automated the regular snapshots of the EBS volumes.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as GitHub, Gradle, Maven, Nexus Artifactory, SonarQube, Ansible, and Puppet for a Continuous Integration and Delivery environment and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment.
- Performed Rolling deployments of the Docker images on to the Kubernetes cluster by updating the Pod definition and Services by using the sed stream editor as part of the build step in Jenkins .
- Configured Jenkins to perform automated creation of the Docker images by encapsulating successfully built war file from Nexus repository. Updated the services running on AWS ECS cluster by triggering Lambda functions in Python.
- Created featured, develop, release branches in Bit Bucket (Git) for different application to support releases and CI builds, managing Binary repository like Nexus/Artifactory for the Maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Developed new pom.xml for new Maven build and supported development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven and Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing Maven repositories.
- Developed Container support for cloud environments, deployed the applications in Docker Containers and managed the Containers in enterprise level, creating Docker Container Snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Extensively worked on Ansible and Puppet for automating the infrastructure and have experience in Shell and Python scripts to automate setting up the services on day-to-day system administration tasks.
- Developed and maintained built wrapper scripts using Python and Unix Shell script and manipulated the existing scripts to meet the requirements.
- Involved in performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and capacity planning of WebSphere Application server, Redhat Jboss Eap 6.x/5.x and Apache tomcat 8.x/7.x/6.x.
- Configured JDBC connections, JMS server, JTA, JNDI, SNMP and Node Manager to administer the Managed Servers in WebLogic Application Server. Monitored WebLogic/Jboss Server health and security.
- Successfully installed and configured the ELK Stack, supported and analyzed the logs of around 120 Linux servers running variety of applications on regular basis by including multiple indices.
- Created detailed documentation of complex build and release process, post release activities process, JIRA workflow and Release notes.
Confidential - Tampa, FL
Build and Release Engineer
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with a specific focus on the Build and Release of quality software and implemented Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline utilizing Agile-SCRUM methodology.
- Build and Release the java applications to DEV, Test, Pre-Prod and Prod Environments using the tools such as ANT, Maven and Jenkins. Implemented and assisted GIT source code tool and created branches, tags and merging in GIT repository.
- Implemented Jenkins as CI server, build jobs to provide continuous automated builds from GIT and performed periodic schedules. Automated the weekly deployments utilizing CI tool like Jenkins, and integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Designed the project workflows and pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web and Application Servers.
- Implemented continuous integration practices with Jira, Jenkins and continuous deployment pipeline using Shell Scripts and Jenkins.
- Integrated the JUnit and SonarQube plugin to Jenkins to publish the test result report and code quality check-up and uploaded the Artifact/Binaries to the Nexus Binary Repository Manager and Artifactory after every successful build from Maven/Ant.
- Experience in CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment) using Jenkins and developing automated process for code builds and deployments: Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Sonar type Nexus, Shell Script, Perl, Java.
- Worked on ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process, and also to build source code and created Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users using Maven scripts.
- Installed and configured the Apache Ant in Java Eclipse IDE and written the build.xml to trigger the build and generated the jar files for enterprise applications. Triggered builds and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experienced in using Jira with Maven plugin to detect the defects by bug tracking and used Nagios for monitoring web applications, content monitoring, url monitoring and HTTP status. Converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the application using MAVEN scripts.
- Developed Shell, Perl and Python scripts for release and build automation using Jenkins and Maven. Manipulated the existed scripts to meet the client requirements.
- Automation of Web Sphere EAR file artifacts deployed through Jenkins created using Maven and Ant scripts to build the artifacts from the respective source code.
- Experience in Writing Python Scripts to parse XML/JSON documents and load the data in database. Involved in writing python routines to log into the websites and fetch data for selected options.
- Coordinated with the firewall team for allowing required ports for migration and with storage team for storage allocations for new servers.
- Installed, configured, troubleshoot, secured and supported RedHat 4/5, CentOS 3/4/5/6 and product servers and also Created users, manage user permissions & File System quota on Linux machines and configured messaging notifications and scheduled Cron jobs using bash scripts for automated backups.
- Experienced in administration and deployment of applications on Apache Webserver and application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, IIS etc.
Linux/ VMware Administrator
- Installed and configured Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL5 and RHEL 6) in development and test environments almost six levels on Dell physical servers and Virtual Machines.
- Performed Package Management using RedHat RPM/YUM and Kernel up-gradation in RedHat Linux and CentOS servers.
- Deployed and configured VMware ESXi 5.1 and configured templates to create VMs. Integrated and managed ESXi hosts using vCenter Server.
- Successfully configured and maintained multiple Hyper-V servers with multiple platforms including Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows 10.
- Worked with VMWare tools like vCenter & vSphere to manage VM’s running on ESX cluster nodes and experience working vMotion.
- Creating and cloning virtual machines in VMware environment using Virtual Infrastructure client 3.5 and VSphere 4.0. Storage / Servers daily checks, performance tuning, performance monitoring and health checks.
- Managed and provided support to all UNIX servers and RedHat Linux OS that runs Oracle databases, WebSphere, and NetBackup enterprise.
- Configuration Installation of Red hat Linux 5/6 and Oracle Enterprise Linux by using Kick Start, Red Hat Satellite Server and customized bash/perl scripts.
- Experience in migrating physical Servers to virtual serves using VMware Converters and migration of Virtual Machines using V-Motion.
- Configured and maintained new VMs and Installed Microsoft Windows 2012/2008/2003 OS, updated configuration management database (CMDB), installed the VMware Tools.
- Managed and monitored the performance of Virtual sessions, VMware servers, and server resources management between Virtual Machines. Creating the VMware Resource Pool and VMware clustering like HA and DRS clusters using VC.
- Installed and Configured SAMBA Server in Linux environments for accessing the shared files from the windows environment.
- Connected to ESX server by using VIC, putty and Web. Installed and upgraded packages using the package management tools like RPM and Yum and performed backup and restoration using tar, gzip and cpio.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues and Responsible for setting up cronjobs scripts for automating the day-to-day administration.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux automatically using Kick Start server and PXE boot as required for the project.
- Installed, upgraded and managed packages via RPM, YUM and UP2DATE package management tools. Involved in Performance Tuning and troubleshooting bottlenecks of Memory, CPU, Devices and Network using ps, vmstat, iostat, netstat, sar, snoop, nfsstat and sar commands.
- Extensively worked on Logical Volume manager (LVM), created PVs, VGs, LVs and implemented tasks like creating new mount points on fstab, formatting disks, running fsck checks and partitioning of disks using the fdisk, gdisk and parted.
- Configured sendmail, mailx, SNMP, DNS, SSH, SSL, NIS and NFS services for mail, monitoring, networking and file sharing purposes.
- Performed tasks on F5 load balancer like installing and hosting webpages in HTTPD server, renew SSL certificates and bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of the server pools.
- Extensively worked with the LAN/WAN routing and switching for Internet and Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP/s, FTP & SMTP.
- Managing User Accounts involves creating new User accounts and Groups, setting up a user environment, changing passwords, locking and deleting accounts assign permissions using Active Directory with LDAP.
- Created shell scripts (bash, ksh) to monitor system resources and system maintenance and Performed administrative tasks such as System start-up/shutdown, and Backup strategy and scheduled Cron jobs for job automation.
- Created Jumpstart environment for Linux standard builds WEB, APP and DB servers. Worked with SQL & Oracle DBA teams for configuration of file systems, performance tuning of OS and installation of Oracle 9i, 10g on Red hat environments.
- Responsible for resolving network issues using network tools like ping, curl, dig, tcptraceroute, nslookup, traceroute, tcpdump.
- Written python and shell scripts to automate the regular tasks like removing core files, taking and Backups of important files, files moving over various directories.
- Production support of Apache, PHP, MYSQL, TOMCAT including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Successful implemented Workload Management (WLM) using cloning/clustering techniques including horizontal and vertical clustering on WebSphere Application Server (WAS) for fail over processes.