- Over 6.2 years of IT Experience in design, development, testing and implementation of various stand - alone and client-server-based enterprise applications.
- Hands on experience in developing web applications implementing Model View Control (MVC) architecture using Django, Flask web application frameworks.
- Exposure in working for developing a portal to manage and entities in a content management system using Django/Flask.
- Extensive experience of object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts using Python and C+ +.
- Experienced with all aspects of technology projects including Business Requirements, Technical Architecture, Design Specification, Development and Deployment.
- Hands on experience working in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and Python) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Python) Architecture.
- Experienced in working with Python ORM Libraries including Django ORM, SQL Alchemy.
- Proficient in PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL databases with Python.
- Understanding of Python Best Practices (PEP-8).
- Hands on experience in SVN and Git.
- Extensive use of Linux (Ubuntu), SSH, Flask/Django.
- Worked on AJAX framework to transform Datasets and Data tables into HTTP-serializable JSON strings.
- Experienced in creating web applications with Python Flask.
- Creating repositories in GitHub for version controlling.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experienced in setting up Elastic Load Balancers (ELB's) and Auto Scaling groups on Production EC2 Instances to build Fault-Tolerant and High Availability applications.
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services such as EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Having Knowledge on AWS Lambda, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, RDS, Route53, AWS SNS, SQS, SES.
- Good knowledge on hosting Python applications using WSGI modules.
- Worked in Waterfall and AGILE methodologies and various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Good Experience in requirement gathering, Use case development, Business Process Modeling: extensively used UML to develop various use cases, class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Very strong experience writing API's and Web Services in Python.
- Experienced in working with different operating systems WINDOWS, LINUX, and iOS.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, quick learner, organized, and self-motivated.
- Exceptional problem solving and sound decision making capabilities, recognized by associates for quality of data, alternative solutions, and confident, accurate, decision making.
- Worked in fast pace Agile environments and actively participated in Scrum and Sprint meetings
- Experienced in working with and administering different operating systems Windows, UNIX/ LINUX and strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and operations.
Languages: Java, C, C++, PL/SQL, XML, HTML
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC
Database: Oracle and MS SQL Server
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss
IDE tools: Eclipse, Net Beans, Visual Studio
Web Services: REST
Software Testing: Junit
Version Controls: Git and SVN
Operating Systems: Windows & Unix
Sr. Python/Django Developer
- Analyzed system requirement specifications in client interaction during requirements specifications.
- Designed the front end of the application using HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSON and JQuery.
- Worked on backend of the application, mainly using Active Records.
- Designed and developed communication between client and server using Secured Web services such as Django-rest-framework. Integrated Redis-Cache with the Django-rest-framework for reading the data faster.
- Developed consumer based features and applications using Python and Django in test driven Development and pair based programming.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration Testing, GUI and web application testing using Rspec.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau server Worked on Jenkins continuous integration tool for deployment of project.
- Worked in MySQL database on simple queries and writing Stored Procedures for normalization and denormalization.
- Used Django-celery with the help of RabbitMQ message broker for large processing.
- Generated Dashboards with quick filters, parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Updated the client admin tool to have the new features like support for internalization, support for customer service etc.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Worked on rebranding the existing web pages to clients according to the type of deployment.
- Skilled in using collections in Python for manipulating and looping through different user defined objects.
- Work with team of developers on python applications for RISK management.
- Improved code reuse and performance by making effective use of various design patterns.
- Documented the design solutions and created stories for client requirements.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Sr. Python Developer
- Developed scalable applications using Django framework.
- Performed documentation and user training.
- Built key modules including photo gallery, blogging system, forums, profiles, articles, newsletters and email.
- Used Pandas API to put the data as time series and tabular format for east timestamp data manipulation and retrieval.
- Build all database mapping classes using Django models and Cassandra.
- Used several python libraries like wxPython, numPY and matPlotLib.
- Wrote multi-thread scripts to obtain optimal performance.
- Used AJAX to reduce page reloads.
- Used the Model View controller (MVC) framework to build modular and maintainable applications.
- Wrote complex SQL queries.
- Created table-less design using CSS.
- Developed multi-page applications from beginning to end.
- Performed Flow Control, response to Front-End Request using Python /MySQL/AJAX.
- Conceived and created tables using MySQL 5.
- Created tables, stored procedures, triggers and views for data access and manipulation.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Involved in entire lifecycle of the projects including Design, Development, Deployment, Testing, Implementation and support.
- Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Created backend database T-SQL stored procedures and Jasper Reports.
- Added support for Amazon AWS S3 and RDS to host static/media files and the database into Amazon Cloud.
- ETL process for continuously bulk importing catalog data into ElasticSearch.
- Managed large datasets using Panda data frames and MySQL.
- Maintained program libraries, user manuals and technical documentation.
- Deployed with Fabric on AWS on EC2 instance with Postgres RDS and S3 file storage.
- Worked with millions of database records on a daily basis, finding common errors and bad data patterns and fixing them
- Wrote HTML front end pages using Django templates.
- Experienced in Agile Methodologies and SCRUM Process.
- Involved in development of Web services using SOAP for sending and getting data from the external interface in the XML format.
- Implement code in Python to retrieve and manipulate data.
- Used Django configuration to manage URLs and application parameters.
- Performed troubleshooting, fixed and deployed many Python bug fixes of the two main applications that were a main source of data for both customers and internal customer service team.
- Resolved ongoing problems and accurately documented progress of a project.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Implemented the entire front end using AJAX calls.
- Implemented MVC design patterns to make calls to the backend explicitly and rendering the data into web view asynchronously.
- Designed responsive webpages from the provided photoshop design mockups, using CSS.
- Developed and implemented a custom grid system to support the responsive web design.
- Made sure all the data moving to and from the front end to be more secured.
- Made sure the page loads are quick and provided cross browser compatibility which also includes mobile browsers.
- AWS Cloud management and Deployment.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes
- Worked on Chrome/Firefox Developer tools to verify network speeds using Network Throttling, making sure all the elements are rendering correctly irrespective of the Screen size, Resolution, orientation, etc.
- Ran Unit Tests on every single module (div) to make sure everything works as expected before submitting the code for final deployment.
- Worked very close to the backend team to get real-time updates on how the data endpoint works and how to call some endpoints.
- Managed the whole work environment using SVN Version Control Management System.
- Expertise in working with MySQL databases, Apache Web server, Tomcat Application Servers.
- Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.