- Over 7 + years of experience in Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in Software Integration, Configuration, Build & Release management and Development for several market driven international organizations.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the DevOps, build and release of quality software.
- Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Hands on experience of Build & Deployment phase and usage of Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools, build configuration, change history for releases, Maintenance of build system, automation & smoke test processes, managing, configuring, and maintaining source control management systems.
- Experience in using version control tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT/github.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Experience in software development, including languages, and frameworks such as Java, Python.
- Experience in working with databases like MongoDB , MySQL.
- Experience in using JFrog, Artifactory and Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
- Worked on provisioning different environments using Chef, Puppet and other Configuration management tools.
- Done with Automation of AWS resources and many other resources like Jenkins, Docker and Severs automations by using Ansible.
- Installation, Configuration and Integration of Urbancode Deploy.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Used Debian based Linux servers to install Docker based services, monitor and debug the services.
- Experienced on Docker, Docker Swarm, Mesos / Marathon, AWS ECS, Kubernetes.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles and data bags to automate the services related to deployment.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules.
- Deployment with Chef, Ansible and Terraform towards AWS, and using Terraform for building, updating, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently, as well as creating custom in-house solutions with Chef and Puppet configurations.
- Expertise in Amazon Cloud Services and its features (AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, snapshots, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, ELB, EBS, CloudWatch, S3 etc).
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Experience in running web scale services on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and solutions.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy and HP Quality Center.
- Experience in monitoring tools like Sensu, Cabot ELK, Graphite, Whisper, Carbon, Uchiwa.
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven, ANT for building of jar, war, bar and ear files.
- Experience in using Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
Version Control: SVN, GIT, github
Languages: Java/J2ee, Python
Build Tools: Ant, Maven and Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Deploy Tools: uDeploy, chef, puppet, Jenkins
Scripting: shell, bash, ruby, python, HTML, Java Script
Artifactory Tools: JFrog, Nexus
CM and Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Docker
Tracking Tools: JIRA, Nagios, Peregrene
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, and Linux
Servers: Apache Web Server and WebSphere
Cloud Technologies: AWS
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain the software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Used Chef to manage web applications, Config files, Data bases, Commands and Packages.
- Used Chef for application automatic deployment and provisioning to different environments.
- Written/Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Setup and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for CI/Automation tool.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins. Also, used GIT as a Source Code Manager, Maven as a Build Tool, Sonarqube and Artifactory.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and END-END automation of Build and Deploy using Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/WebLogic Application Server and Nagios for monitoring events.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts
- Installed and administration of windows and Linux (Centos, Ubuntu and Red hat) servers.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's, whenever a new github branch gets started, automatically, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container has the AMI baked in and leverages Linux containers.
- Converted our Production and staging environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Worked with Docker Marathon, Mesos Infrastructure . Deploying Web applications
- Migrated Mesos / Marathon to Docker swarm for the microservices project.
- Experience in using Dockers Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Designed Continuous Delivery platform using Docker, Jenkins and Chef.
- Used Perl/Shell, Python to automate build and deployment Process.
- Developed Mod-Perl and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Work on AWS OpsWorks in integration with Chef Configuration management tool to maintain infrastructure.
- Used EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Creating alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Red Hat Linux using kickstart.
- Experience in deploying the several sets of Linux guest builds from VMware templates using PowerCLI as well as Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Proficient in providing support on the deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Sun Solaris Servers from both operating system level and application level.
- Enforcing Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for writing Chef Cookbook using Test-kitchen, Vagrant, Berkshelf, FoodCritic and ChefSpec.
- Used Maven Scripts to automate the build process.
- Created Jenkins Jobs to automate ANT/Maven Application Builds by pulling code from Rational Clearcase SCM repositories.
- Used GIT for Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions.
- Used Angular JS, Node JS and Bootstrap in effective web design.
- Build scripts using Gradle build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Dev, QA, DBA and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Used Nagios as a Monitoring tool for visualizing the events and get alerts.
- I used to configure and manage Junction, Encryptions, Host Files and Shares by PowerShell.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Analyzed and Converted ANT scripts to MAVEN to standardize the procedures.
- Performed defect tracking and Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML), which has dependencies on the code on Oracle DB.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
- Successfully managed a Proof of concept initiative to integrate Continuous Integration tool Jenkins and JIRA.
- Responsible for integration between Jenkins and JIRA.
- Used JIRA as deployment issue tracking tool.
Environment: AWS, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Python, Nagios, Mesos / Marathon, JIRA, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux, Splunk, Perl, Mod-Perl, Tomcat, PowerShell, Docker and Oracle, Angular JS
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted instances within AWS.
- Created Puppet manifests for configuration Management to manage Web Applications, Configuration files, Data Bases, Users, Mount Points, Packages.
- Automated various administrative tasks by creating modules and manifests on multiple servers using Puppet. Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Experience in using Tomcat Web Server and JBOSS, Weblogic and WebSphere Application Servers for deployment.
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet, Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Developed backend application using RabbitMQ
- Managing Puppet with GIT, Distributing Puppet Manifests.
- Configured Apache webserver in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios, with Puppet automation.
- Worked on Deployment and monitoring of scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) &configuration management using puppet.
- Used Puppet extensively to configure servers with Users, Keys and security configurations.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience in Creating secured cloud infra using (VPC) for Staging and Development environment on AWS.
- Set up ELB for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers ip's.
- Used Cloud Watch logs to move application logs to S3 and create alarms raised by applications.
- Design & implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on-premises datacenter with AWS Cloud using AWS VPC and VPN& Direct connect services.
- Working with DevOps practices by AWS, Elastic Bean stalk & Docker with Kubernetes.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Experience working on Docker-Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Built continuous integration and continuous deployment platform of project (Jenkins, Shell, Maven).
- Manual Installation and configuration of Web login, Tomcat and Apache servers.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Nagios, Microservices, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, RabbitMQ, Python, Web logic, UNIX, VMware, Artifactory, Shell, Perl, Linux/Ubuntu, IAM, S3, EBS, AWS SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, JSON, Puppet, Docker, GitHub, Cassandra.
Confidential, Merrimack, NH
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT and STASH/ Bitbucket.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo& Jira.
- Installed and administered Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Hands on experience on JIRA for creating bug tickets, workflows, pulling reports from dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
- Created work flows in Jira to manage the changes from development till Production.
- Used the continuous integration tool Bamboo to automate the daily processes.
- Integrated various Atlassian Tools using the OAuth methodology.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used MVC design pattern with JSP, HTML for front-end and Servlets and EJBs for Model layer.
- Worked on Visual Studio, ASP .Net Web API, C#, Compute, Storage.
- Designed user interface for web forms using ASP.NET MVC and implemented business logic using C#.NET.
- Making Automated builds using Nant and MS Build scripting and Cruisecontrol.NET Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Configuration and Deployment of SQL server 2005/2008 Reporting services.
- Creation of Maintenance Plans/SQL Jobs and configuration of AWE in SQL.
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDN's) and SQL database systems.
- Installed and administered Nexus repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Used Nexus Repository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build.
- Extensively worked in building Puppet enterprise modules using puppet DSL to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration automation across the environments.
- Maintained and enhanced existing puppet modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures.
- Worked as a puppet administrator, adding new puppet enterprise nodes to the master, deactivating the nodes and troubleshooting connection issues.
- Troubleshooting, event inspection and reporting of various puppet issues and starting/restarting of puppet enterprise services.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS and other cloud services.
- Familiarity creating professional-quality automation scripts using a modern scripting language such as Ruby, Python, or PowerShell.
- Managed JIRA/Confluence Global Administration team.
- Contracted to serve as the JIRA Systems Administrator for the international JIRA/Confluence infrastructure, including all associated programs, plugins and systems.
- Deployed Atlassian products and associated programs.
- Customized both JIRA and Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems with an eye towards making the programs extensions of their systems, and not hindrances to their systems.
- Worked closely with management to implement sweeping changes to their development processes and procedures, customizing JIRA and Confluence to take the forefront of the new systems.
- Worked on JIRA for tracking and updating the JIRA tickets and per assigned.
- Created JIRA Work flows for multiple projects as per business needs.
- Created projects while maintaining existing projects/agile boards.
- Created JIRA Support Project/Agile board to track support issues.
- Involved in Linux administration activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, kernel upgrades, package management, diagnosing resource utilization and file system issues.
- Implemented Dynatrace monitoring in various application models.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
Environment: GIT, Bamboo, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, MVC, ASP.Net, SOAP, Cruisecontrol, .NET, ANT, Puppet, C#, Python, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Windows, Dynatrace, Nexus, Python Scripts, Shell scripts.
Build & Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various WebLogic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- GIT administration like give access for branches and GIT repositories.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool ( Jenkins ).
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Managed to deliver specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet .
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
Environment: GIT, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Tomcat, WebSphere, VMware, Clear Quest Jenkins, Linux, JBOSS, Shell, Perl Scripting, Nexus, JIRA