- Around 7+ Years of Experience in the IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes SCM, DevOps Build/Release Management.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming & Agile Ops Methodologies.
- Experienced in working with AWS services from building EC2 instances to Security services such as AWS inspector, AWS Config and Guard duty.
- Worked with different cloud infrastructure automation services such as Terraform and cloud formation.
- Expertise in Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GitHub, Git Lab, TFS, ClearCase, BITBUCKET, Build Forge, Tomcat, JBoss, LINUX etc.
- Responsible for operational support activities to ensure high availability and fault tolerance of customer facing web applications hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through Power Shell Script and Azure Portal. Manage and Create Storage Account and Affinity Group in Azure Portal.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions using python boto3 (AWS SDK) for automation.
- Strong knowledge on Ansible Roles, inventory, Ansible Tower, Ansible Galaxy concepts.
- Build additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi - platform servers by defining Chef Server from workstation to manage and configure Chef Nodes.
- Experience in performing patch on Linux and Windows instances within a maintenance window using Ansible and occasionally perform security updates to remediate system vulnerability.
- Experience in CI tools like Jenkins, Teamcity, Circle CI using build tools like Ant, Maven.
- Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repositories.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK for Log management on EC2.
- Installed/Configured the WebSphere server, JBoss application server, Weblogic server Managed tuning and performance of high-profile applications running on them.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kick Start server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
- Developed scripts using PERL and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds, multiple Scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby, Shell and PowerShell.
- Involved in writing the Maven and Gradle scripts for the configuration of J2EE applications.
- Release planning, procedures, scripting automation. Proficient in documenting and implementing procedures related to build deployment and release.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Experience in Bug Tracking, Project Management tools like JIRA, ClearQuest and HP Quality Center.
- Experience in installing, configuring, updating, supporting and troubleshooting different services like LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), OS level concerns, Web Servers (Apache Web Server, Nginx).
- Maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x,7.x), WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/ VISTA/7, UNIX - Sun Solaris v 9, 10, Ubuntu 12.x,13.x,14.x,15.x
Programming/Scripting languages: C, C++, C#,XML, Java, HTML, Java Script, Shell, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Python, Bash.
Web Servers/Application Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat5.5/6.0/7.0,WebLogic, Web Sphere, Nginix, JBOSS.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Circle CI, Teamcity.
Virtualization: VMware ESX, ESXi, vSphere 4 and vSphere 5Citrix.
Databases: MySQL,NOSQL,Oracle 9i/10g, 11g, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB
Cloud computing: AWS, Azure
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, Perforce
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Repository Management: Nexus, Artifactory
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, EC2 Container Service
Confidential, Fenton, MO
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef, Ansible and AWS Ops Works stacks across 4 product platforms.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMI for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Wrote custom python boto3 scripts to check the limits of aws services using Trusted Advisor Service and alert DevOps team using SNS Topic when the service usage reached to warning (50%) and critical (80%) To increase the service limit capacity.
- Created continuous delivery workflow using docker and ansible to accelerate application delivery and build scalable architecture platforms. Allowing us to continuously test, build and release and continuously deploy application to AWS by leveraging EC2 container service for running docker containers in production using Terraform.
- Wrote server-side scripts to handle http post requests using Python Flask App.
- Built a CI/CD Pipeline using Amazon Code Pipeline and Elastic Bean Stalk in automated fashion.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Configured deployed and managed application software in a containerized environment using Docker Docker-Compose and Docker Swarm.
- Wrote Python unit test cases and wrote Python boto3 scripts to delete default VPC’s.
- Written some Jenkins files in Groovy Scripting.
- Wrote shell scripts using languages like Bash, Python to automate day to day administration jobs.
- Installed and configured Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems on VMware server.
- Monitored production servers using AWS cloud watch and New relic.
- Installing and configuring Jenkins master and slave nodes. Built CI/CD pipeline and managing the infrastructure as code using chef.
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment. And also used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into EC2 instances.
- Experience working with Packer to build an AMI.
- Setup Chef Server, workstation, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications.
- Wrote cloud formation template to build a 3-Tier application architecture following AWS best practices such as High availability, Fault tolerance, Self-healing architecture.
- Created Snapshots and Amazon machine Images (AMI's) of EC2 instances for snapshots and creating clone instances.
- Wrote cloud custodian policies to auto tag all AWS resources key as creator name value as IAM user who created the resource, sends them email if they didn’t follow security best practices. For Instance, security group ingress has 0.0.0.0/0 custodian immediately sends email to creator and auto deletes the rule.
- Built a disaster recovery process to provide zero down time.
- Built AWS VPC’s from scratch using terraform.
- For AWS cost optimization configured S3 bucket life cycle policies to move data from standard storage to glacier and infrequent access.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy and Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS
- Design & implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on-premises data centre with AWS Cloud using AWS VPC and VPN & Direct connect services.
- Leveraged Route53 health checks to perform automatic failovers during outage.
- Wrote cloud formation scripts to deploy S3 SNS Lambda to trigger Step Functions state machine when an object is created in S3 bucket.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across Cluster of hosts.
- Wrote Cookbooks and Playbooks for configuring server side through chef and Ansible, used bash to automate for deployment process.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- , Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Terraform, Python, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, WebSphere, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Ruby, VMware, Tomcat, Nexus, Docker, Ansible, Junit, XML, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Implemented Jenkins pipeline for continuous deployments. Installed and configured Jenkins CI/CD Digital River pipelines, installed plug-ins, configured security, created a master and slaves for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Managed multiple cookbooks in Chef and Implemented environments, roles, and templates in Chef for better environment management.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef using Ruby scripting language.
- Assessing AWS infrastructure feasibility for a web application based entirely on Cloud. Testing End- End implementation compatibility on AWS using Ansible.
- Created Web Application servers on AWS EC2 instances behind a Regional Load Balancer.
- Stored data for the Web Application in S3 buckets with a Cloud Distribution Network (CDN) to reduce load times for frequently accesses objects. Provisioned Amazon RDS instances in auto scaling configuration.
- Gathered user requirements and authored Functional Specification and Requirements documents based on client feedback, use cases and user stories.
- Responsible for creating central repositories, branches, tagging and merging in Subversion.
- Merged Projects Streams with Release Streams after the frozen/production release and resolved the conflicts during the merging on GIT.
- Responsible for deployment of WAR, EAR files along with environment specific properties from Dev into QA, Stage and PROD environments.
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Authored Ant/Maven scripts to automate entire build process. Migrated ANT projects into Maven for better build performance. Responsible for Releases (enhancement, maintenance, Emergency and bug fixes) into QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Extensive PowerShell and VBScript scripting for Remote management of Windows 2003 & Windows 2008 servers. Managed security and launch configurations using PowerShell.
- Configured Jenkins to pull and build changes in code on a timed cycle and integrated the build deployment with Selenium for Testing.
- Automated the sonar code coverage reports using Jenkins DSL Scripts.
- Developed Bash and Python scripts to automate applications migration and monitor application health during migration.
- Custom built Docker containers.
- Deployed Docker containers to several environments as needed.
- Configuration of Ansible modules for AWS cloud deployment.
- Migrated Sonar from 5.1.2 to 6.1 using Terraform on AWS with zero downtime following blue/green deployments.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing development, build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Deployed artifacts into WebLogic/WebSphere servers. Automated Web server provisioning using Puppet. Wrote Puppet manifests to preserve system state for maintenance.
- Experienced in Certificate Management for deploying the SSL/TLS Certificates with secure communications and for identity for website.
- Experience with the network security configuration and OS management in the organization by administrating the tools Netstat, Tcpdump, Curl, keytool.
- Experience with the developer and end- user support, troubleshooting skills in production issues and in critical situations with the applications.
- Created Migration documents and deployment guides for end user so that user can easily walk through and deploy the code without any issue.
Environment: Jenkins, Ansible, AWS, GIT, SonarQube, Maven, Docker, Terraform, Apache Tomcat, Node.JS, Chef, Selenium, Shell, Linux, Windows Server 2008/2012, MangoDB, MYSQL server.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Performance tuning of WebSphere application server including JVM, Garbage collection, JDBC, along with its server logs.
- Used Amazon Workspace in AWS console. Created, monitored and deployed applications
- Developed and built a generic REST API layer to support multiple cloud providers like OpenStack.
- Involved in evaluating OpenStack and subsequently installed and configured, wrote the OpenStack adapter layer.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Implemented python bindings to open stack API to automate by making calls on open stack objects.
- Dispensed Configuration Management and Build support for almost more than five various applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environments
- Analyze and fixing compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Troubleshoot the automation of installing and configuring Java applications in the testing and production environments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Deployed code on WebSphere application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Used Cloud-Native approach to build and run applications that fully exploits the advantages of the cloud computing model.
- Extracted the data from MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server using Sqoop and loaded data into Cassandra.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create
- AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, REST, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Scrum, Subversion (SVN), ANT, UDeploy, DB2, JIRA, Confluence, Shell Scripts, WebSphere Server, MySQL, Oracle.
Build & Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on Linux platform.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Worked with Ansible to write playbooks to deploy applications to tomcat application server.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Hands on managing cm tools like CVS, CLEARCASE, BITBUCKET and PERFORCE.
- Responsible to perform Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Configured the Hosted, Proxy and Virtual repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts within company.
- Prepared, arranged and tested Splunk search strings and operational strings. Created and configured management reports and dashboards.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet master, agents & Databases.
- Involved in Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Implemented Puppet Master to automate configuration of various services and wrote modules for deploying, configuring, managing and monitoring and worked on Puppet Servers extensively for deployment for servers, creating custom services and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage multiple platform servers and Automated Linux production server's setup and replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Puppet Scripts.
- Dealt with Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Deployed web applications using puppet and production experience in supporting with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Windows, Bitbucket, Subversion, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Jira.
- Installed Operating System with Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral.
- Part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
- Responsible for Remote Linux Support with more than 400 servers.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Worked on RAID controllers for hard disk mirroring and striping with parity.
- Managed VMs for Solaris x86 and Linux on VMware ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Installed and configured SSH server on Red hat/CentOS Linux environments.
- Installation and Configuration of Linux clusters for High availability, failover and redundancy purpose.
- Managing day-to-day user administration like adding or deleting users, password aging users/groups, NFS using the TCP/IP applications such as Telnet, FTP, and R-logins.
- Accomplished a High Availability Cluster using 2 V480s, a T3 and VERITAS Cluster Server 4.0
- Created Multiple Meta disks for availability and volumes for file systems with Sun Solstice Disk Suite.
- Troubleshoot at user level on IP /TCP network environment.
- Used Patch management using native commands on Solaris and Linux and following the chance control procedures.
- Accomplished User administration of UNIX / Linux account using SeOS.
- Automated tasks using Korn, Bash Shell scripts.
Environment: RedHat EL 3, 4.x, VERITAS Volume Manager 5, VERITAS Cluster Server 5.0, VERITAS Net backup 6.5, VM Ware ESX 3.5, Virtual Center 2.5, BMC Patrol for Unix, Apache 2.2.x, Sun Java System Web Server 7, 7, WebLogic 10, Solaris 8, 9, 10, KSH, bash, Oracle 10g.