Innovative technologist seeking challenging position in the high - tech industry to make the most of my technical background, customer focus, creativity, and passionate with industry experience.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Cloud Computing IaaS PaaS
- Middleware Server Dev. Operations
- Oracle Service Bus & MQ Messaging
- Linux\Windows Administration
- Server Performance & Capacity Planning
- JEE Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Automation and Orchestration
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Virtualization & Shared Storage Administration
- Security: IDS, IAM, SSO, SSL
- App Load Balancing & Clustering
- Infrastructure Stability & Risk Assessment
- DR & Business Continuity Planning
Middleware Servers: IBM WebSphere ND 9/8/7/6(5 years Exp), Oracle Weblogic 12/11/10g/9.2 (10 Years Exp . ), JBoss 6\7(2yrs), Tomcat, Apache, OracleESB, IBM Http Server 7/8
Web Server: IBM Websphere MQ, Oracle Service Bus, Active MQ
Messaging Services: REST API, J2EE Framework (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JMS), Java, Unix Shell, C, Python/Jython, XML, SOAP, Agile Methodologies
Programming Languages: Redhat Linux/CentOS 6/7, Docker, AIX 5, Windows Server 2008/20012, ESXi 5.5, HPUX
OS/Virtualization: Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, JIRA, Continuous Integration, Ant Configuration Management JProbe 8.0, Radview WebLoad 7.0, Load Runner 9.0, SilkPerformer 8, IBM Thread and Monitor Dump Analyzer, IBM Heap Dump Analyzer, Pattern Modelling Analysis Tool, IBM Support Assist 1.5
Performance & Profiling: ManageEngine Application Manager (10 years exp), DynaTrace 7, IntroScope, AWS CloudWatch, VMWare ESXi Monitoring Tool
Infrastructure Monitoring: SQL Server, Oracle, OpenLDAP, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS Active Directory, SimpleDB, AWS IAM
Networking: VPC, HP Virtual Connect, TCP/IP, Fiber Channel, NFS, SNMP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, Firewall, Routing, ALB, ELB,VLAN,VPN, Route 53
Server Platforms: HP Proliant BladeSystem, IBM Itanium Servers, HP c7000 Enclosure, HP c-7000 OnBoard Administrator, HP Virtual Connect, ITIL
Cloud\Virtualization: VMware vSphere ESXi, VMWare vCenter 4\5.5, Amazon Web Services
Shared Storage: NetApp DataONTAP 7/8, SAN/NAS Provisioning, Brocade Fiber Switch, NetApp System Manager
MS Office Tools: Word, Visio Professional, Excel, Outlook, Centrify SAML SSO, IBM Tivoli Access Manager, WS-Security, IBM iKeyMan SSL\TLS
Sr. Application Architect
- Provided architectural assessments, strategies, and participate in integration roadmaps aligned business requirement
- Participate in emergency production support, monitoring and maintaining multiple staging, DR environments.
- Designed and deployed highly scalable, fault tolerant failover clustered JEE web application servers
- Proficient in design, installation and administration of WebSphere 9\8\7 with Apache\IBM HTTP Server proxy configuration on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Planned and migrated Websphere ND POC prototypes from Windows to Redhat Linux and SUSE zLinux/zVM on Systems Z application servers
- Supported customer with configuration and server environment deliverables
- Manage incident using JIRA, perform triage, root cause analysis and impact, and availability resolution
- Proficient in configuration working knowledge of relevant network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, HTTP, FTP, SSL, PKI, Firewall and DMZ concepts
- Excellent technical knowledge and hands-on experience configuring JNDI, JMS, JDBC, EJB and Web Services
- Evaluate various business service-level agreements (SLA) to ensure availability of business-critical services.
- Customized the monitoring dashboards, monitoring and alerts for all monitored nodes.
- Effectively diagnosed issues in business-critical multi-tier JEE applications with the aid APM suite of tools proactively identify and troubleshoot any performance bottlenecks
- Configures monitoring and alerts of web servers and middleware node deployed
- Creates and maintains Dynatrace\ManageEngine APM dashboards, custom views, custom metrics and reports
- Configures monitoring attributes to monitor various KPI’s including connection pools, idle thread status, server state, and cluster participation
- Finds root cause analysis based on PKI’s recorded by the monitoring system
- Monitor Dynatrace production applications KPI's for performance troubleshooting and produce ad hoc reports
- Dynatrace APM AppMon and OneAgent implementation, configuration, administration
- Perform deep-dive analysis, heap dumps using heap analyzer to identify application memory leaks
- Evaluate and troubleshoot performance issues with complex large-scale multi-tier and distributed application infrastructures
- Monitor performance KPIs like concurrent requests, live sessions, JDBC percentage use, faults, pool utilizations, transaction message\throughputs and response time of applications
- Monitor application performance and isolate single point of failures, performance modelling, address redundancy of mediators and middleware services having reliability issues.
- Perform javacore dump analysis using IBM Thread and Monitor Dump analyzer to identify blocked threads and deadlock conditions.
- Develop Python\YAML configuration management automation scripts to manage web application servers
- Installed and configured CI\CD continuous integration tools
- Incident Management using JIRA and deployment using Jenkins
- Currently setting up Ansible configuration management open source solution
Technologies Used: WebSphere 7/8.5, JBoss 7, RHEL Linux, SUSE zLinux z/VM on Systems Z, Ansible Configuration Mgt, Jenkins, IBM Http Server, Apache, Dynatrace/Manage Engine APM, JIRA, Win Server 2008\2012, IBM Thread and Monitor Dump, IBM Heap Analyze, IBM Support Assistance 1.5, IBM Performance Toolkit, Amazon Web Services
Global Banking Technology Infrastructure - Architect
- Serve as an architect for the “Health of the Plant” end to end maturity for enterprise banking application assessment in areas of application, virtual and physical servers, storage and networking.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, and proposing risk free technology solutions for Global Wholesale Banking, and Global Markets Risk Technology.
- Revisit Global Wholesale Banking WebSphere\Weblogic Application server setup and configuration to ensure redundancy and fault tolerance incorporated.
- Remediate infrastructure configuration lacking high availability and failover, redundancy of mediators and middleware services having reliability issues.
- Deep dive analysis on Weblogic\WebSphere\MQ with the aid of CA APM IntroScope application performance metrics response time, JVM throughput, concurrency, CPU utilization, stall counts at backend tiers, and frequency and duration of garbage collection.
- Conduct meetings with development, support and infrastructure teams to gather information and evaluate the underlying architecture of applications to be assessed.
- In-depth maturity assessment of end-user and multi-tier level application transactions performance monitoring
- Present findings and recommendations to implementation support teams senior management and recommend solutions to improve the maturity of applications.
- Evaluate end-to-end BCP and DR requirement of application server infrastructure and its dependent systems
- Evaluate various business service-level agreements (SLA) to ensure availability of business critical services
- Diagnose known issues in business critical tier 1and 2 JEE applications and messaging services with the aid of enterprise tools.
- Perform deep dive analysis on Weblogic\WebSphere\Informatica application server application configurations consistency meets DR and BCP.
Technologies Used: Weblogic10.3, WebSphere 7/8.5, RHEL Linux, MQ, AIX, Introscope Willy APM, Informatica
ConfidentialSr. Systems Engineer (Architect)
- Hands-on experienced in using Vmware vCenter to administer, configure and performance management of virtual servers, NetApp shared storage, and standard virtual networking setup.
- Design and installed VMWare ESXi 4.1\5.1 hypervisors on HP BL460 c-Class Flex-10 blade servers.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP\IP, wireless and mobile, long and short haul broadband communication networks and datacenter fiber fabric network topologies.
- Evaluates suitable hardware/software for virtualization and server consolidation
- Defined detailed and high-level architectural design for the VMWare ESXi 4.1 infrastructure environment.
- Implemented virtual networks virtual machines with HP Virtual Connect
- Configure VLAN traffic isolation through leveraging FlexFabric HBAs.
- Build and provisioned more than seventy Windows 2008 and RHEL Linux guest virtual machines
- Configure VM Kernel port groups for management, vMotion and storage network.
- Experience with Ethernet (802.1xx, 802.3xx), Wireless LAN Ethernet (802.11x/xx), Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel-over-Ethernet (FCoE)
- Present SAN\LUNs over FC\FCoE and NFS\NAS NetApp storage to ESXi host.
- Administer and create zones\WWN mapping on B-300 Brocade Fiber Switches.
- Prepare Firewall and DMZ change request to enable firewall rules between VMWare virtual machines servers, shared storage, and blade systems infrastructure.
- Perform firmware and driver upgrades to blade systems, HP virtual connects, HP c7000 enclosures.
- Perform compliance and security hardening on ESXi hypervisors, virtual machine and vSphere vCenter
- Create and maintain necessary documentation and procedures in support of the SAN and storage infrastructures.
- Responsible for provisioning storage as well as replicating/migrating data on NetApp DataONTap 7/8 Fiber Attached (FAS) storage.
- Deploy and manage platform suite installations of WebSphere\IHS service pack upgrades, and Win64/ESXi patching to isolate vulnerabilities.
- Install and maintain clustered servers of IBM WebSphere Tivoli Access Manager Enterprise Single Sign On solution.
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
Middleware Infrastructure Sr. Systems Engineer (Architect)
- Experienced in the implementation of JEE application servers, performance monitoring, capacity planning.
- Participate in project meetings to contribute towards design details for consistent enterprise architecture and to streamline best practices.
- Hands on experience in the implementation of Weblogic\WebSphere, Portal and Service Bus installation and maintenance support providing high availability of application servers
- Held lead role for 5 years managing technical resources and support Weblogic, and Service Bus environments.
- Proficient in the configuration and installation of DMZ Apache web server load balancing proxies
- Configured the distributed topics, queues and message bridges in JMS server configuration
- Worked as team in ensuring on time delivery of capacity planning artifacts, administration, application deployments, installation, integration and service pack upgrades
- Provided 24x7 on-call production support, troubleshoot system issues, bug fixes and resolve production incident tickets within SLA, using BMC Remedy Incident Management software.
- Successfully migrated seventeen different pharmacy applications deployed on Weblogic and Oracle Service Bus between Confidential Health data center to Magellan Health datacenter.
- Performed installation Apache Hadoop (HDFS) for a proof of concept initiative, sound understanding of BigData/MapReduce processing architecture.
- Administer and provision WebSphere\Weblogic application users using OpenLDAP authentication provider.
- Provided application enhancement and automated deployments of JAR, WAR, EAR
- Maintain inventory of application server resources and capacity availability for new deployments
- Defined and implement Weblogic and Apache server infrastructure that is scalable with high availability
- Configured and implemented Oracle Service Bus cluster to establish multi-tier scalable staging and production server infrastructure.
- Configured several Oracle service bus domains, migrated configurations from staging to production environments using automation.
- Maintained and administered Oracle Service Bus SOA business and proxy service integration with business partner end points.
- Configured alert destination to receive SLA rule notification from Oracle Service Bus configured with SMTP server resources.
- Conduct design reviews with developers to gather team agreement through analytical reasoning of the message enrichment, transformation, flow
- Integrated and implemented Web Service transport level security authentication establishes inbound and outbound SSL SOAP message communication between endpoint service consumers, proxy services, and business services with Oracle service bus.
- Responsible to configure private and public SSL CA for transport and message level authentication between integration nodes and service bus infrastructure.
- Implemented single-sign-on SAML v2 authentication provider between Confidential Healthcare services and business partner, integrated Weblogic security API with Centrify DirectControl SSO APIs.
- Expertise in working with JNDI, LDAP integration Web server authentication providers, creating and managing user groups entitlements
- Strong skills in fine-tune JEE server latency, monitor CPU utilizations, JDBC connection pools, EJB pools, thread pools, work managers, JVM heap sizes, garbage collection methods.
- Conducted application profiling and memory leak debugging using JProbe/JProfiler and Jrockit R26 to identify large objects and expensive processes caused performance bottlenecks.
- Lead performance testing, planning, document and devise testing methodology and execution.
- Developed LoadRunner/WebLoad testing scripts for performance testing based on virtual concurrent users to identify bottlenecks and tune for optimization.
Technologies Used: Weblogic (6 Years), Linux (5 years),Windows 2003\2008, MQ, Willy Introscope, OSB (5 years), F5(2 years), Apache\Tomcat(6 years), Tomcat (3 years), J2EE, ManageEngine, Load Runner 9