- Skilled professional with total 6+ years of IT experience, with strong hands - on experience with cloud services such AWS and Azure, Strong background on CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) process, Build and Release Management, Linux/Unix Administration, and all within that suites the needs of an environment under DevOps Culture.
- Worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created IAM policies for delegated administration within AWS and Configure IAM Users/Roles/Policies to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users.
- Created Terraform modules to create instances in AWS and automated process of creation of resources are AWS using Terraform.
- Used Terraform and cloud formation scripts to Automate Instances for Manual Instances that were launched before.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using CloudWatch .
- Experience in VPC creation with appropriate subnets and also provisioning appropriate Security Groups and NACL's in order to provide appropriate level of security.
- Configured and Managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to avoid fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, providing high availability.
- Designed end to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by integrating cloud formation scripts, Jenkins , AWS and CHEF cookbooks and recipes.
- Configured Jenkins with Gradle and Github and performed Git cloning for updated code and build with Gradle scripts. Scheduled the builds, linked the builds both upstream and downstream in Jenkins .
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Puppet for continuous integration and for End-to- End automation for all build and deployments.
- Understanding of modern automation & scripting tools e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in Software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum/Sprints, Iterative, Waterfall models.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; Using Jenkins- Amazon Web Services (AWS) "Code Deploy" plugin to deploy to AWS .
- Worked with Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling and management of web Containerized applications.
- Created and Managed Splunk DB connect Identities, Database Inputs and Outputs, Database Connections, lookups, access controls.
- Worked on writing Ansible Playbooks using yaml, Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles and data bags to automate the services related to the deployment.
- Experienced in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files , Data Base , Commands , Users Mount Points , and Packages . Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Built and deployed a Chef Server in AWS for infrastructure automation. Created Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to maintain and automate various parts of infrastructure.
- Worked with Puppet Enterprise and Chef by creating custom manifests and recipes for automation.
- Developed Python Scripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/prod environments using Python OS modules .
- Experience in working on source control tools like SVN, Bitbucket and GIT.
- Worked on GitHub as a Web-based Git repository hosting service. It offers all the distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) functionality.
- Experienced with the Installation, Configurations, maintenance and support on different platforms like Centos Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat Linux, VMware, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Windows.
- Experienced in working with Ticketing & Tracking Tools like JIRA .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical, problem solving skills, strict attention to detail and ability to work independently, and within a team environment.
- Expert in deploying the code on web application servers like Web Sphere , Web Logic , Apache Tomcat , JBOSS and built micro services using API gateway .
- Involved in writing Python, Bash, Perl, Groovy, PowerShell and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Experience using Nexus, JFrog repository to retrieve/save/check artifacts.
- Experience in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch using logging tools like ELK.
- Familiar with managing the cluster of containers using Kubernetes by creating various objects like pods, service, volumes, namespace and controllers.
- Worked on Docker components like Docker Engine , Docker-Hub , Docker-Compose , Docker Registry , Docker Swarm and Kubernetes .
- Experience in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose . Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Experience with MongoDB, MSSQL, MySQL and Server DB Tasks.
- Experience on Programming languages like C/C++, Java.
Cloud: AWS (IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, Cloud Formation etc.,), Azure
Version Control System: GIT, Bit Bucket, SVN
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Artifactory Repository: Nexus, JFrog
Containerization & Orchestration Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm Kubernetes, Mesos
Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Elastic Stack
Quality & Security: FindBugs, AppScan, Vera Code, SonarQube
Testing Tools: Junit, Selenium, Cucumber
Virtualization: VMware, Oracle Virtual box
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS, Ubuntu, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x
Languages: C, C++, Java
Scripting Languages: Python, Shell, Yaml, XML, CSS, Ruby
Application/Web Servers: WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, Ngnx
Databases: SQL, MYSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
SDLC: Agile, scrum, waterfall
Confidential, Telford, PA
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked on Cloud Formation Templates to create any resource in AWS Serverless templates Followed tags and parameter files created make file for creating templates to avoid manual process using shell scripts .
- Capability to provide AWS operations and deployment and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Used Stack Driver and AWS cloud monitoring extensively to monitor and debug the cloud-based AWS EC2 services.
- Troubleshooting of Docker based applications. AWS cloud management.
- Experience with application/data migration to AWS and also good knowledge on Salt stack .
- Build Automation and Build Pipeline Development using Jenkins and Maven Build Automation for Apps.
- Implemented domain name service (DNS) through Route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Experienced in creating RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests.
- Created CloudFront distributions to serve content from edge locations to users so as to minimize the load on the front-end servers.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Created Jenkins jobs for continuously building the projects. Scheduled jobs to build upon every check in into subversion. Wrote Groovy script in Jenkins jobs to do pre-and post-build operations.
- Helped teams to configure Webhooks in GITHUB to trigger automated builds in Jenkins.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers .
- Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins and Chef . Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Worked closely with developers, other stakeholders to streamline CI/CD/CM processes and daily issues.
- Built a new CI pipeline testing and deployment automation with Docker , Jenkins and Ansible .
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
- Installed and Setup Web Servers (Apache and Tomcat), DB Server (My SQL).
- Spinning up Amazon Web Services resources by using Terraform .
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN and GRADLE as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or jar files.
- Responsible for source code management in Bitbucket . Used Bitbucket Server for secure, fast, enterprise-grade controls, like fine-grained permissions, pipeline and powerful management features.
- Management of code releases in the software development cycle using version control tool GIT .
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline . This primarily consists of a Jenkins to run packages and various supporting software components such as Maven .
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Designing Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes. (MongoDB, Redis, MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Creating inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Experienced working with Ansible tower . Integrating Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps and deployments.
- Lunching and Debugging Docker container , Installing/setup Docker host in environment, Integrating Docker and Mesos, to monitor container status.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose and Docker Registry .
- Worked on Ansible modules to deploy Docker services on the Docker cluster for the entire microservices stack.
- Configured the Kubernetes provider with Terraform which is used to interact with resources supported by Kubernetes to create several services such as Config Map, Namespace, Volume, Auto scaler .
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Configured Splunk (Splunk Enterprise) to gain real-time Operational Intelligence across applications and services. Integrated Splunk with AWS to analyses data from over 15 AWS data sources including (AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Flow Logs, AWS Billing and Cost Management) to deliver security, operational and cost management insights via pre-built dashboards, reports and alerts.
- Design an ELK system to monitor and search enterprise alerts and Installed, configured and maintained the ELK Stack for Log management within VMs for Elastic Search. Monitored performance of the applications and analyzed log information using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Worked on tracking tools to trigger issues and update defects logs using Jira .
- Used GITHUB as source code repositories. Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT .
- Ability in development and execution of XML , Shell Scripts and Bash Scripts .
- Created and maintained Ant build.XML and Maven Pom.XML for performing the builds.
Environment: AWS Services, Git, Jenkins, Maven, JFrog, chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, JIRA, Splunk, ELK, SonarQube, Tomcat, JBoss, Yaml, XML, Ruby, Python.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Experience in establishing & maintaining the integrity of project repositories throughout SDLC using Version Control tools like Azure Repos, Tortoise SVN, CVS, GIT and Bit Bucket on Windows and Linux environment .
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal , with the Azure CLI, also used template driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform .
- Support concurrent development process with standard Branching and Merge of application source code.
- Upgrading existing Virtual Machine from Standard to Premium Storage Account. Patching and Validating of Virtual Machine in Azure.
- Creating Storage Pool and attaching of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines . Backup, Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across Azure and with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Managed the Azure Security groups and attached them to VM’s and Subnets using Azure Portal as well as PowerShell Scripts.
- Used Windows Azure to deploy the application on the cloud and managed the session.
- Written Ansible plays consisting roles, tasks, templates and handlers to automate the installation of Nginx, Apache HTTPD, Docker, Kubernetes nodes , rabbiMQ cluster and Weblogic server.
- Worked with Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks and written playbooks.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the Cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation. Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test-Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Proficient in writing chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebSphere domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Efficiently used Chef for developing automation, scripted in Python for managing and deploying various Java applications across Linux servers , also utilized Chef to configure and manage entire infrastructure.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation , boot strapping various enterprise nodes and setting up keys and focused on automation and continuous integration. Automated local development environment using Chef .
- Migrated some of the build jobs from Jenkins to VSTS and Agile Boards from Jira to AzureDevops Services.
- Worked on writing Jenkins build pipeline with Gradle script a Groovy based DSL (Domain Specific Language) and integrating ANT/MAVEN build scripts with Gradle for sole purpose of continuous build.
- Migrated the Micro Service Based applications from Virtual Machines to Docker containers and managed the clustered containers using Kubernetes .
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and configuring automation using Docker containers .
- Automated builds using Maven and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins . Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes .
- Excellent knowledge on CQL (Cassandra Query Language), for retrieving the data present in Cassandra cluster by running queries in CQL .
- Usage of Log analytics service to monitor cloud and on-premises environments.
- Experience of working with release and deployment in Java/J2EE, C, C++ and web application environments.
- Configured ELK (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) to analyze and visualize the Application and system logs, Configured Splunk forwarders to detect SSL certificate expirations and Nagios to detect Network Latencies between systems
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sonartype NEXUS repository.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache web servers and Tomcat application containers in a large RedHat Linux/CentOS environment.
- Worked with tools such as JIRA , Agile/Scrum methodology, Rally with short sprint cycle to release product, used JIRA for making Projects, relegating consents to the clients, created Mail handlers and notice Schemes for JIRA .
Environment: MS Azure, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Docker, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Apache tomcat, Python, Nagios, JIRA, Groovy , Kubernetes, Azure kubernetes, Ant, Cassandra.
Build & Release Engineer
- My role includes Middleware automation , release management, Environment Management, Continuous integration , continuous deployment , Incident management, version management.
- Troubleshooted and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process.
- Setting up the auto deployment process for different applications in different environments and implementing the auto deployment process.
- Installed Puppet Agent and configuring the Setup in the target Server.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked with Source Code Management System Git/Bitbucket and with build manager for Java projects Maven.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code Development in Java.
- Configured email and messaging notifications, managed users and permissions, system settings and Maintained two Jenkins servers and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environment.
- Managed the development activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
- Designed Jenkins jobs to trigger on upstream OpenStack Repository for building images with the new changes and pushing newly built images to private repository.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Red hat Linux.
- Isolated and reported bugs using Jira , verified fixes through regression testing.
- Setting up the auto deployment process for different applications in different environments and implementing the auto deployment process.
- Deployment, implementation of Subversion (SVN) as source control, collaboration and QA tool. Project management, versioning and blame/issue tracking using Subversion (SVN).
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job setup of all the projects.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Red hat Linux, Shell scripting, SQL server 2008, Jira, Splunk, puppet, Bitbucket.
- Monitored and administered Servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, hardware failure, monitoring log files, backup, software patching, configuration changes and documentation.
- Assisted in performing system analysis, logs file reviews and resolving software issues related to networking connectivity, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Assisted in Executing troubleshooting techniques geared at diagnosing common Linux system issues and records system output to ensure continuous uptime.
- PowerPath software installation, configuration, upgrade and administration on UNIX and Linux Servers .
- Created RHEL virtual servers in VMWare center from consolidated image and from attached image in datastore.
- Performed day-to- day administration tasks like User Management, Space Monitoring, Performance.
- Performing RPM and YUM package installations, patch and another server management.
- Performed Memory and Swap management to improve optimization and performance of the servers.
- Configuration and manage Redhat Cluster Suite in Linux Servers .
- Deploy, maintain configure, troubleshooting logs and providing application support for HTTP, FTP, Mail server on Red Hat Linux boxes .
- Performed enable/disable the processes depends on the requirement and minimize the load average of the server using Service Management Facility (SMF) in Solaris 10.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Unix, Red hat Linux, Shell scripting, SQL server, Solaris 10 .
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.0/5.0 and SUSE 10.x .
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on LINUX environments using shell scripting .
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Participated in Java/J2EE and also have the ability to develop XML, HTML, Shell Scripts .
- Managing the groups and user in Active Directory, installing and configuring send mail and adding servers to domain.
- Involved in Linux backup/restore with tar including formatting and disk partitioning.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), UNIX, Logical Volume Manager, Red Hat Cluster Servers, MySQL, Shell scripts, SUSE.