- Around 4+ years of IT experience in the administration of Linux (Red Hat, Amazon), UNIX including cloud environment using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong Technical Skills in AWS Services, Linux, Java, JSON, and Databases.
- Experienced in Working with AWS services such as AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS Glacier, AWS RDS, AWS VPC, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Ops Works, AWS Cloud Watch, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Cloud Front, AWS Route53, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS IAM.
- Good Experience in Creation of Buckets/objects, enabling versioning, deployed Static Website on S3, and Data Management using Life Cycle Management.
- Configured and Managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to avoid fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, providing high availability.
- Deploy, monitor and manage applications in AWS cloud using Elastic Beanstalk.
- LAMP Stack installation and configuration on Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
- Solid Experience in creating scripted infrastructure using Cloud Formation.
- Configured Security Groups, Network Access Controls, & Alias Records in Route53.
- Hand on Experience working with AWS RDS, Creating, updating and backups of Databases.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in python and shell.
- Working knowledge on of different types of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, Python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Experience of designing and architect server less web applications using AW Lamba, API gateway.
- Good knowledge in using apache Airflow and snowflake data warehouse to ingest flume s3 data.
- Experienced with event - driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Experience in writing Cloud Formation Templates in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Monitor Resources and Applications using AWS Cloud Watch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, SNS and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Open stack
Cloud Services: EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM
Monitoring tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Wireshark, Splunk
Automation and Build tools: Puppet, Chef, Maven, Ant, Ansible, Jenkins and Nagios
Scripting: Python, Shell, JSON, Power Shell
Version Control: SVN, GIT
Database: Oracle ERP-EBS System R12, Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle Hyperion 184.108.40.206, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Developer Suite ( Forms and Reports) 6/10g, Oracle Application Server 10g, RMAN, TOAD, PL/SQL, Windows Scripting Language, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, Linux Shell Language.
HARDWARE, SERVERS AND NETWORKS: 1Windows Server, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Sun Solaris, VMware.
Confidential, Washington, DC
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Involved in the design reviews. Analyzing and reviewing business, functional and high-level technical requirements.
- Experienced in installing, up grading and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Ubuntu, and Windows based environments.
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS. Built a highly available and fault tolerant VPC from scratch.
- Configuring IAM roles for EC2 instances and assign them policies granting specific level access to S3 buckets by customizing YAML template, Designed Stacks using Amazon Cloud Formation templates to launch AWS Infrastructure and resources.
- Configured DNS with lookup zones using Amazon Route53, Configured DNS failover and monitored health checks and performance of web applications, web servers and other resources using Route53 and Used IAM to control access to Route53 resources.
- Configured S3 Buckets for EBS backed Snapshots and versioning for data backups and Leveraged AWS cloud as an extension of the corporate datacenter by creating a VPN connection between corporate datacenter and VPC using Customer and Virtual Private Gateways.
- Experience in RDS, MySQL and Dynamo DB to perform basic database administration and Manage virtual cloud Resources as required with overall objective of improving scalability, performance, reliability and highly available fault tolerant cloud infrastructure.
- Installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, send mail and print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Setup Internet load balancing on Multiple ISP, Firewall, Port forwarding, IP routing using IPTABLES. Well known about installation, configuration and maintenance of applications like Apache and Tomcat.
- Proficient working with NAS, SAN and DAS storage architectures. Have experience in migrating storage from other storage architectures on to SAN.
- Experience on working with Docker containers infrastructure and Continuous Integration for building & deploying Docker containers and Excelled on creating AMI (Amazon Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer)and Auto Scaling.
- Implemented continuous delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, & Maven in Linux environment.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EBS, RDS, Route53, ELB, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Auto Scaling, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk), GIT, SQL, Jira, AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Ruby, Shell scripting, Jenkins, Chef, Terra form, Nginx, Tomcat, JBoss.
Confidential - McLean, VA
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications as per agile process.
- Worked extensively with AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, AutoScalingGroups, Route 53, IAM, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, SNS, and RDS.
- Gained good experience by working with configuration management tool Ansible and CI/CD tool Jenkins.
- Managed Amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster by specifying the nodes and performing the data analysis queries.
- Worked on AWS Elastic Beanstalk for fast deploying of various applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Set up and built AWS infrastructure with various services available by writing cloud formation templates in json.
- With the help of IAM created roles, users and groups and attached policies to provide minimum access to the resources.
- Created topics in SNS to send notifications to subscribers as per the requirement.
- Worked on the databases of the Amazon RDS and carried out functionalities for creating instances as per the requirements.
- Designed Java API to connect the Amazon S3 service to store and retrieve the media files.
- Implemented Amazon RDS multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier.
- Created Cloud Front distributions to serve content from edge locations to users so as to minimize the load on the frontend servers.
- Configured AWS CLI and performed necessary actions on the AWS services using shell scripting.
- Written cron jobs to perform operations at a scheduled time.
- Implemented Cloud Trail in order to capture the events related to API calls made to AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Implemented message notification service using Java Messaging API (JMS).
- For on boarding existing application, performing Knowledge Transition from development team to SCM team on build and deployment process.
- For new applications work with development team to get the requirements of application build and deployment process
- Creating War/Ear files using Maven script
- Creating Jenkins jobs to perform build code analysis, test and deployment
- Troubleshoot and fix the errors that arise during the build phase and provide technical support for devolvement team regarding the issue
- Implemented a CI for several demanding Consumer facing applications with Bamboo integrating Git/SVN, maven/Gradle, deployment tasks.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. involved in design, implementation and modifying the Python code.
- Responsible for Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool like Jenkins.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Helped in Migration of Maria DB, Cassandra DB, Mysql By Setting up the database on the RHEL Platform.
- Good understanding of databases like Cassandra, MYSQL, ORACLE 10G,11G and wrote queries to pull up the data.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Environment coordinator handling Build & Release work in complex environments, process creation and its control with Software Configuration Management tools. Excellent skills with multiple tools integration
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubenetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubenetes
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubenetes.
- Hands on experience in configuring and maintaining webservers like Apache Tomcat, and Application servers like WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss.
- Extensive experience in scripting languages including Shell Scripting and Ruby Scripting.
- Integration tool.
- Installed and administered Atlassian tool set including JIRA, confluence and bamboo.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in JFrog repository
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Ansible, Maven and JFrog in Linux environment.
- Managing deployment automation using playbooks in Ansible.
- Working as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA and Bugzilla.
Environment: AWS, Hadoop Apache Tomcat, Java, Jboss, SVN, Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, Gradle, JFrog, python, PowerShell, Websphere, Ant, Confluence, Java, J2EE, SOA, JIRA.
Confidential - Norfolk, VA
- Involved in writing Terraform templates to setup and built Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform resources.
- Managing the Network configurations and the Virtual machines of the AWS Cloud.
- Responsible for maintaining the various GitHub Repositories.
- Containerized Jenkins Server and used Spot Instances of AWS to run Jenkins Slave to optimize the cost.
- Settled an automated build and deploy CI/CD pipeline from the scratch with GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Spinnaker to deploy it on Kubernetes.
- Managed the containers in Kubernetes clusters to be highly available running in production environment using both imperative and declarative fashion.
- Built CI/CD Pipeline using Jenkins to retrieve code, compile the application, and perform tests and push artifacts to JFrog Artifactory.
- Worked on CloudFormation Templates for multiple services and centralizing it between the service.
- Expertise in managing AWS cloud resources EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS, Lambda, ECS • Installed, configured, Maintained DNS system using Route 53.
- Responsible for maintaining ACL, Security Groups and firewall configurations.
- Involved in writing Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment process and to integrating it into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Researched Cost-effective strategies for AWS infrastructure and implemented it.
- Researching, Designing, and implementing the best practices for High Availability and Disaster recovery.
- Used Identity Access Management to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Designed and Developed server monitoring with CloudWatch and automated log archiving to S3.
- Developed an automated No-Downtime deployment using Auto-Scaling Groups.
- Collaborate with developers and QA to implement Continuous integration testing with Jenkins.
- Documented the Whole Build and Release process.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS, Lambda, ECS Apache Maven, kubernets, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, SOAP, REST API, Chef, Ansible, Linux, Atlassian JIRA, Python, Dockers
AWS Devops Engineer
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Auto scaling, S3.
- Experience in AWS using EC2, Dynamo DB, S3, AWS VPC, and IAM services.
- Created IAM policies for delegated administration within AWS and Configure IAM Users/Roles/Policies to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users.
- Docker images includes setting the entry point and volumes, also ran Docker containers.
- Setup Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins for building jobs and to push the Artifacts into artifactory repository on successful builds.
- Used Docker for local application deployment and test and did orchestrating between container using docker swarm and writing docker files.
- Created multiple DNS and controlled over DNS using Route 53 and configured the name servers using master application
- Troubleshooting in deployment of the application.
- Enabled/Created multiple alarms using CloudWatch to configure in ASG, S3 notifications etc,. to monitor multiple Metrics
- Established SNS notification to enable alerts whenever S3 bucket got new files uploaded etc.,
- Written Cloud Formation template to provision environments using Yaml Template
- Designed cloud formation template for the IAM roles and policies.
- Designed cloud formation template to create nested stack.
- Written shell script to automate the download process ROM AWS S3 bucket.
- Experience writing Ansible playbooks and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Designed shell script to automate the host name.
Environment: VPN, VPC, EC2, EBS, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Auto scaling, Route 53, S3, Python, Yaml, Ansible, IAM