- IT Professional with 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure automation, code migration, Configuration Management and system administration.
- Experience in working as DevOps engineer for release automation to achieve continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD).
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks for installing WebLogic/tomcat application, deployment of WAR, JAR, and EAR files across all the environments.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks by using YAML script to launch AWS instances and used to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages.
- Experienced in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages and Used Ansible - galaxy to create roles which can be reused multiple times across the organizations and calling these reusable roles using the requiremnent.yml file in roles.
- Knowledgeable in continuous delivery framework using Ansible, ANT and Maven in Linux environment.
- Developed build and deployed scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experience in configuring and deploying Java and J2EE applications into application servers (WebSphere, Jboss and Apache Tomcat)
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile Process.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven.
- Worked on Version control setups like GIT and integration tools like Jenkins.
- Used JIRA for ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process.
- Worked as an administrator for ALM tools on Jira, Bamboo, Confluence, SVN, Bit bucket.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances creation for multiple applications and created Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Involved in Interface Testing (API testing) and ensured data and control are working properly between middleware and backend systems using complex Application Programming Interface (API).
- Experience in coordinating the team for each Release.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components and Support developers to resolve issue, helped development team for better build process.
Confidential - Dublin, OH
- Created Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana cluster.
- Written Grok filters for Logstash to filter out Ezlogs coming from Ezpaarse.
- Creating visualization and dashboard for Kibana.
- Configured Ezpaarse to parse Ezproxy log which ingested to Elasticsearch using Logstash.
- Written scripts to auto ingest daily Ezproxy logs to Ezpaarse and Elasticsearch.
- Written scripts to start/stop Mongodb, Ezpaarse, and ELK stalk.
- Written Ansible playbooks to deploy ELK on all servers.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to automate various deployment tasks. Strong knowledge on Ansible Roles, inventory, Ansible Galaxy concepts.
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Expertise on all aspects of Ansible concepts like Ansible server, Nodes, Ansible Clients and various components like Inventory, Configuration, Playbooks, Modules.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible to deploy the playbook.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Worked on Standardizing Build & Deployment method. Involved in creating new environments for testing purposes.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Proactively monitored system integrity and application availability, worked with QA, developers, system administrators, database administrators, program managers, and help desk closely and efficiently
- Shell scripting for building and deploying java application to target environments.
- Coordinated with different teams before and after the production deployments.
Environment: Ansible, GITHUB, Tomcat/Web sphere, ELK, ReadonlyRest, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, shell/bash, UNIX, Kubernetes.
Confidential - Columbus, OH
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process. Worked with different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Setting up huge Kubernetes platform with four clusters and providing assistance to various app teams. Containerized At&t micro services from Docker to Kubernetes
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git/ git-Lab, Jenkins/Hudson, Bitbucket, codecloud, ANT, Maven, BuildForge, Docker-registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform.
- Worked on multiple things like setting up Kubernetes dashboards with AAF and also using Kubeconfig.
- Worked on the transition project that involved migration activities to Maven from Ant to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
Environment: GITHUB, Tomcat, Maven, Jira, Power shell, Bamboo, UNIX, Kubernetes, Nexus, Python.
Confidential - Melbourne, FL
- Built and managed a large deployment of Linux and windows EC2 instances with Chef configuration management tool. Wrote recipes, tools, scripts, and monitoring checks to automate build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Developed and supported key pieces of the company's AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Migrated the whole infrastructure into chef and generated chef cookbooks and Ruby recipes for Apache & NGINX webservers, Jboss AS & Tomcat AS, and used files, attributes and templates to create the generalized standard recipes.
- Performed automation testing with Jenkins and executed tests with different frameworks.
- Used MAVEN and ANT as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Provisioned cloud resources and managed implementation automation using AWS OpsWorks and automation scripts for EC2 snapshots.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT/ Subversion support for different projects and responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories and used JIRA for Project Tracking.
- Involving and working with other team on Data Base / Application Refresh based on software life cycles.
- Manage user accounts for the team access for Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
- Experience in Performance Monitoring and Performance Tuning of JVM's using Splunk.
- Experience in Centralized Logging with ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana).
- Used Artifactory on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, AWS- EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, IAM, SNS, GIT, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Openstack Installation, Docker, Apache Web Server, NGINX, IIS, Tomcat AS, Jboss AS, ASP.net, Nagios, json, XML, Bash Shell, Perl, Powershell, MySQL, Sql, JIRA, Linux and Windows servers.
Confidential - Richmond, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Manage the software artifacts in the source control management (subversion) i.e. to create tags, create branches, merge branches, keeping the software repository clean etc.
- Worked as Build/Release/Deployment/Operations with good understanding of the principles and best practices of SCM in Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Maintain applications codebase across multiple environments.
- Working on applications hosted on AWS (AMAZON WEBSERVICES)
- Advocate best practices for SDLC process and implementation for the operational efficiency.
- Deployed generated jar, war & ear files in tomcat apache server and tested its functionalities.
- Working on Unix/Linux and windows based environments for releases and deployments
- Implement continuous integration with build tools like Jenkins and shell scripts.
- Setup and maintain the distributed repository management system (Nexus).
- Own, manage and improve the release processes including communicating with shared services and extended project teams for software deployments
- Communicate with shared services and project teams for timely deployments
- Administering the change management system (TFS) and releasing of all custom products in the enterprise
- Maintained and modified the automated workflows used in the issue tracking system for various work-items such as tasks, bugs and change requests.
- Controlled changes and deployed code to the test, staging and production environments to ensure their integrity.
- Managed build servers, automated builds and source code branching-merging process to minimize post-release issues.
Environment: SVN, Perforce, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, WebSphere, AWS, HP quality center, Tomcat Application Server, Linux, Unix, Perl