- More than 8 years of experience in IT industry with Strong involvment in AWS, AZURE, DevOps Build & Release management, Software Integration, RedHat Enterprise, Linux Administration and Configuration management.
- Expertise in managing AWS instances by taking AMIs of Amazon instances using Amazon Cloud Watch.
- Solid Experience in DevOps Environment and hands - on in Automation.
- Configuration and deployment of instances on Various Cloud Services AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack and PCF.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI,SQS, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail.
- Hands-on experience in monitoring applications on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and OpenStack.
- Experience in implementing elastic search clusters on Microsoft Azure using Terraform scripts.
- Experience in integrating an application with Azure AD, Point to Site VPN between on-premises and Azure Networks.
- Designed google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Strong Knowledge on practicing TDD, automating Junit tests using Maven in Jenkins.
- Strong experience in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and MS Build.
- Experience in tools like Hudson, Jenkins, and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation.
- Hands on experience in development using Shell, Python, and Groovy scripting to automate processes.
- Experience in using DevOps release tools such as Puppet, Ansible, continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating/Scheduling the build processes and worked on Jenkins along with Python scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Designed end to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by integrating cloud formation scripts, Jenkins, AWS, CHEF cookbooks and Ansible playbooks and recipes Design
- Experience with Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience in Writting Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations.
- Implemented AWS Cloud Formation and AWS Ops Works to deploy the infrastructure using Chef.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups for EC2 Servers. Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Experience in Branching, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT.
- Expert in Container management using Docker and set up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Proficient with Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of environment delivery for releases. Worked in container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- DevOps Practice for Micro Services Architecture using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Expertise in GIT for version control and involved in writing the build scripts using Maven
- Experience in data migration from Datacenters and On-Premises to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Expertise on container orchestration tools, such as Docker Swarm, Mesos, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in with Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations.
- Hands on experience in using ELK (Elastic Search, Kibana) Splunk, Nagios to monitor the resources utilization.
- Installed and configured Nagios while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP and SSH.
Network protocols: DNS, DHCP, CISCO Routers/Switches, Palo alto, TCP/IP, NFS, NIS, Juniper
Operating system: windows, Mac,CentOS, RHEL 5/6/7,Linux
Application web server: Web Logic Application server 11.x, 12.x Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere 8.5,Web logic 10,Nginx
Programming/scripting languages: YAML, Python, Ruby, Bash shell, Power shell scripting,, JAVA
Monitoring tools: New Relic, Splunk, Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch
Container tools: Docker, Kubernetes, EC2 Container Service.
SDLC: Waterfall, AGILE methodologies.
Build tools: ANT, MAVEN
Automation tools: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Teamcity, Bamboo
Version control tools: GIT, BIT Bucket Subversion, TFS, Perforce
Databases: MySQL 5.x, SQL Server 2008, Hadoop, Cassandra
Cloud services: AWS, Microsoft Azure,Openstack
Sr DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Santaclara, California
- Conducting proof of concept (POC) and deployed an Azure instance for a hybrid based authorization.
- Creating Azure services such as compute virtual machines, Azure storage, Azure active directory, SQLDatabase, Azure DNS and Azure Application Insights. Created Azure Virtual Networks, Azurenetwork, and Azure cloud.
- Designing google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Expertise in setting up enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) using services such as Amazon EC2, VPC (NAT, Peering, VPN), IAM, EC2 Container service, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, S3, Cloud Front, Code pipeline, Code Deploy, Glacier, RDS, DynamoDB, Elastic Cache, Redshift, Direct Connect, Route 53, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trial, Ops works, Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), AWS IoT, SNS, SQS, Lambda, API Gateway.
- Created AWS CloudFormation stacks and deployed the services using chef by adding chef run list to the User data.
- Creating S3 buckets also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage on AWS.
- Carrying out deployments and build on various environments using Puppet continuous integration tool and for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Configuring, managing the Auto Scaling Groups, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and EC2 snapshots for high availability.
- Working on Infrastructure as a code automation using the tools Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
- Installing Chef Server Enterprise, Workstation, and bootstrapped the nodes using knife.
- Involved in writing the cookbooks and recipes and created multiple Chef Work stations.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Docker images, compose, Docker registry and handled multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Used Docker containerization to make our application platform to be consistent and flexible.
- Creating Docker images for the entire application and moved it to the certain GIT repository.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images and Kubernetes.
- Implementing a CD framework using AWS Code pipeline, Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux server'senvironment.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven.
- Working in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS cloud configuration.
- Implementing continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) systems using AWS code pipeline, Jenkins, ANT, Maven.
- Developed build and Deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins for environment transitions.
- Installing and configure Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, plugin management and securing Jenkins.
- Automating weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for compiling Java code.
- Managed security groups on AWS, focusing on high-availability, fault-tolerance, and auto scaling using Terraform templates. Along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with AWS Lambda, AWS code pipeline.
- Creating a cookbook for ELK and the agent to ship logs and clustered the ELK for Disaster recovery.
- Writting Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 instances.
- Wrote Python Scripts, Shell Scripts to deploy the java based packages like. Ear and .war on the WebLogic App server.
- Changing the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with kubernetes.
- Working in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef.
- Providing 24/7 technical support to production environments.
- Installing, Configuring, Managing Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios and iCinga for Resource Monitoring.
Environment: AWS, GCP,GITLAB, Jenkins, Nexus, Chef, ELK, Shell, Linux (RHEL), Ansible, MariaDB, Git, Puppet, Nagios, Jira, VMWare, PowerShell, TFS, Apache, TOMCAT web services, EC2, S3, RDS and Python, Unix/Linux, Windows, RHEL.
Confidential, Fremont, California
- Worked with broad range of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services and its features like AutoScaling, AWS Storage, ELB, EBS, VPC, Security Groups, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SES, Cloud Watch and SQS.
- Created computing and data resources on AWS using EC2. Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF.
- Experience in Linux/Unix system Administration and implementing DevOps life cycle using CI/CD pipelines and migrating On-premise infrastructure to cloud platforms Aws and involved in virtualization using VMWare.
- Managed Ubuntu, RHEL (Linux) and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using ANSIBLE, involved in writing an ANSIBLE playbook from scratch to upgrade these servers one at a time in serial to reduce the downtime.
- Worked on setting up the Chef repo, Chef Work stations and Chef Nodes. Developed Chef Recipes through Knife command-line tool to create Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Deployment to Azure with Ansible and Terraform towards Azure and using Terraform for building, updating, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently, as well as creating custom in-house solutions.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Ansible and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD.
- Build Jira/Confluence/Crowd from scratch on AWS Linux System, which include the Linux server setting, MySQL database server install, configuration, and new database creating, Jira, Confluence, and Crowd app server installation.
- Built monitoring and metric gathering system around OpenShift using Sensu, Grafana and Prometheus.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to do automated recovery process upon the failure of OpenShift MASTER.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Conducting meetings with developers and managers in order to resolve merge issues during build and release.
- Used Ansible to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Nodes.
- Created, maintained and administered GitHub as Source control manager and GitHub branch management and merging to facilitate collaboration between development teams and Configured Web hooks for push events on GitHub.
- Migrated pipelines builds from Bamboo to Jenkins and integrated them with Stash and JIRA.
- Used Ansible server to manage and configure nodes, Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub, and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level.
- Prepared CI and CD, along with code quality check, using Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Maven, and Nexus for Java App.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Deployed and managed web services with Tomcat and JBOSS. Provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA.
- Responsible for monitoring instances by infrastructure management.
- Worked with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger. Responsible for sending daily report emails to project manager.
Environment: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, CI/CD, Azure, Puppet, Ansible, Bamboo, Git, Bit beanstalk, JBOSS, Terraform, Ruby, Python, Kafka, Selenium.
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
- Promoted Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) culture collaborating with DBA, QA, and Support.
- Administered and supported SVN and GitHub Enterprise version control tool.
- Configured Ansible control machine Ansible Playbooks, Roles and Modules. Used Ansible Vault and Ansible Tower to secure sensitive data and control the access of playbooks.
- Expertise in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Worked on Docker and Ansible in build automation pipeline and Continuous Deployment of code using Jenkins and wrote Playbooks to automate Ansible servers using YAML scripting.
- Involved in Provisioning AWS Infrastructure using Terraform scripts from Jenkins
- Managing Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Deployed and configured Chef-Server and Chef-Solo including bootstrapping of Chef-client nodes for provisioning and Involved in Server Configure management via Chef and System Orchestration via Ansible.
- Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment of the applications to different Prod/ QA Environments.
- Experience working on Docker hub, handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Experience in working on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all Build.
- Installation, maintenance of different Linux Distribution servers like Debian, CentOS Servers at multiple Data Centres.
- Promoting artifacts from dev to QA and QA to Production environment with approval stages in Jenkins file.
- Created Jenkins Pipeline job using Groovy script with Ansible tower stage and it invokes the template created in Ansible tower and run the playbook to deploy the application on target location.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
Environment: RHEL, Apache-Tomcat, Git, Chef, VMWare, Puppet, Groovy, AWS, Chef, Jenkins, Azure, PowerShell, Nagios, Ansible, TFS, JIRA, Shell/Perl Scripts, SonarQube.
Build and Release Engineer
- Experience as Build - Release Engineerframeworkin application configurations, code compilation, packaging, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, SVNx, UberSVN, Stash, SourceTree, GitBash, GitHub, and Git GUI.
- Create and Maintain nightly builds, hot-fix builds/branches, custom and private builds.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in using Jenkins, Code Deploy for CI/CD pipelines, to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using Ant Scripts and Jenkins.
- Perform deployments to multiple environments in Testing, staging and production environments.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Monitoring of applications, servers, doing capacity planning with the help of Nagios for managing logs to notify the incident management system upon reaching or exceeding the threshold limits.
- Perform daily system monitoring using Nagios and Nedi to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, jobs and processes; Setup and added machines to Nedi and Nagios.
- Worked with ANT tool to do the builds and integrated with Bamboo for the builds as the continuous integration.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
Linux System administrator
- Specialized in Network Administration and Application Support on Redhat-Linux, SUSE Linux, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Coordinated developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling using GIT source control.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins.
- Create custom logging, reporting, and analyse system applications, enable problem notifications, enhance hardware.
- Completed RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Redesign and implement Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure to reduce complexity, improve performance,
- Troubleshoot various systems problems such as application related issues, network related issues, hardware related.
- Experience in installing, configuring, managing Linux and UNIX platforms like and RHEL/CentOS 4/5/6/7, SUN-Solaris.
- Used Python, shell scripting, Groovy for automation scripting.
- Upgrading and tuning web applications such as Apache, Tomcat etc
- Heavy TCP/IP protocol usage on a daily basis for administration and troubleshooting
- Experience in Core Java, development by applying different concepts like OOPS concepts, Strings, and Exception.
- Performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Worked on Nagios Core, Deployed Nagios on Centos 7.Built Nagios from scratch.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Unix
JR JAVA DEVELOPER
- Experience in creating new test cases by working closely with the testing team.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Analysis and Design using UML.
- Experience in building Web based applications using Spring MVC and Spring Web Flow frameworks.
- Involved in preparing the detailed design document for the project.
- Developed ANT scripts and used MAVEN tool to build and deploy J2EE Applications.
- Involved in developing JSP forms.
- Involved in design of JSP's and Servlets for navigation among the modules, XSLT and XML part of Order entry
- Written SQL statements for retrieving data from DB2 using JDBC
- Designed and developed Servlets to communicate between presentation and business layer.
- Developed Session Beans and Entity beans to business and data process.
- Developed the Servlets for processing the data on the server.
Environment: UML, Rational Rose, MVC architecture, J2EE, JSP, HTML, JDBC, Servlets.