- Overall 8 years of professional IT experience in Software Development, Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Automation, Source Code Repository and Environment Management, Implementation and Maintenance of application software in Web and Cloud/Server Environments, Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Expertise in AWS Resources like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Security Groups.
- Experience on Azure cloud and worked on Azure resources like Virtual Networks, Azure AD, Subnets, Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Load Balancers, App Services and Azure storage.
- Experience in Cloud computing, Windows Azure environment, creating the New VMs, Azure subscriptions, storage accounts, managing SSL certificates for IIS websites, administering azure assets using PowerShell .
- Experience migrating infrastructure and application from on premise to Azure and from Cloud to Cloud such as AWS to Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with event - driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Experience in designing and setting up the environment using AWS Cloud Formation stack to design and deploy various applications focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling.
- Proficient in designing and configuring secured VPC through private and public networks in AWS by creating multiple subnets, routing table, Network ACL and NAT gateways as per requirement.
- Experienced in using Terraform and cloud formation for provisioning the highly available EC2 Instances, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to AWS and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform .
- Expertise in writing Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience in creating Chef cookbooks manifests and modules to automate system operations for managing complex infrastructure in a transparent way.
- Experienced in testing Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen on CLI Knife and Chef Spec .
- Experienced with RESTful API's of Elastic Search to analyze, search and visualize real-time data.
- Experience in configuring ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering process.
- Experience working on Docker Container, Docker Hub , Docker Swarm for creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Hands-on experience in using Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in Linux /Unix System Administration, Network Administration and Application Support working on Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, SUSE Linux 10/11, Sun Solaris 8/9/10, IBM AIX environments.
- Experience in installing and configuring AEM CQ5, used it to structure log file and machine data.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Expertise in all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing and scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis, Performance issues, Analytics and Test Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Experience in working on version control systems like AWS Code Commit, Subversion, SVN, AWS, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications.
- Experience in Setting up Puppet server / client and writing puppet modules for server infrastructure automations.
- Experience in implementing Puppet Agent Based Configurations, Puppet dashboards, Mcollective with active MQServer, plugin-sync, stored configs, Hiera and deployed ELK for automating continuous deployment and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Experience in using Splunk for Log analyzing and improving the performance of servers.
- Experience in Setting up monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer Latency .
- Hands on experience using MAVEN, ANT and Gradle as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar &war) from the source and static code analysis using SonarQube and PMD .
- Experience with Installing, upgrading and configuring Linux Servers using Kickstart as well as manual installations and the recovery of root password.
- Extensively worked on Pivotal Tracker and JIRA tools for tracking stories in a project agile methodology of Software Development Life Cycle .
- Experience in monitoring and preparing compilation graphs by using Graphite, Grafana.
- Expertise in Shell Scripting and Perl Scripting for Environment Builds and Automating Deployment on Application Servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss .
- Experience in Relational Databases likes MS SQL Server , Oracle and MySQL and database programming using T-SQL, PL/SQL .
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows, Red Hat Linux, Cent OS and VMware Environments.
- Well versed with software development life cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and worked with testing methodologies like waterfall and agile methodology (SCRUM) with in-depth understanding of principle and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
Programming Languages/Scripting: C++, Java, Python, Bash, Shell, Ruby, YAML, JSON
Virtualization: VMware ESX 3.x/4.x, vSphere 5.x/6.x
Version Control System: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Bit Bucket
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, U-Deploy
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Puppet
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, RHEL/CentOS /6.x/7.x
Web/App Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBoss, Nginx
Documentation Platforms: Confluence, SharePoint, wiki
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HPQC, Service Now, VSTS (Azure DevOps)
Web Technologies: HTML5, CSS, XML
Databases: MYSQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, Cassandra
Cloud Platform: AWS, Azure
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Dynatrace, Nimsoft, IDERA, Scout (Solar Winds)
Confidential - Denver, Co
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS), Defined AWS Security services as virtual firewalls to control the traffic on EC2 instances for multitude of applications utilizing the AWS focusing on high availability, Fault Tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Architected and configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including VPC, Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups and Route Tables.
- Created environment on AWS platform, AWS EMR cluster, Kafka Cluster, Cassandra Clusters and implemented system alerts on Datadog.
- Created snapshots and AMI of the instances for backup and created IAM policies for delegated administration within AWS.
- Used Bash and Python included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Integrated Ansible dynamic inventory for Virtual box, Open stack, Amazon AWS EC2, Docker for full automated deployment in all the environments to support scaling required.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to streamline the applications delivery and services to AWS, to deploy critical applications quickly and proactively manage the changes.
- Designed and configured application specific AWS environment request dashboard with backend ansible scripting calling Jenkins jobs for end to end AWS infrastructure.
- Involved in converting existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize CloudFormation during deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Installed and configured ELK stack in both legacy & Docker swarm mode, and pipelined application logs from App Server to Elastic Search through Logstash.
- Served the ELK stack community with use cases and log stash plugin and Deployed applications using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build & release job failures, resolve, work with developers on resolution.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments, changing the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with Kubernetes.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware.
- Worked on creating the Kubernetes Pods, Services, Config Maps, Deployments and Rollouts by writing the yaml and creating the resources using kubectl.
- Deployed and maintained multi-container applications through Docker, orchestrated containerized application using Docker-compose and Kubernetes.
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, templatize Kubernetes manifests, provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Performed deployment, ongoing maintenance & configuration of systems for maximum availability, security, performance, and documentation in a Linux based production environment.
- Analyzed functional and business requirements for optimum utilization of AEM components and performance.
- Build Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Responsible for setting up Cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Migrated Jenkins from On-premises to AWS and import/export of all existing jobs from old Jenkins to new Jenkins box.
- Configured Jenkins with Gradle and GitHub and performed Git cloning for updated code and build with Gradle scripts. Scheduled the builds, linked the builds both upstream and downstream in Jenkins.
- Set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines by integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Configured Git Client and Server and involved at creating repositories, TAGs, Code merge, Check-in and Check-outs.
- Configured Apache webserver in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet Roles, Profiles, Hiera and Custom Puppet modules.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Responsible for installing and administrating the SonarQube for code quality and generating reports comparing everyday nightly builds for different projects.
- Setting up monitoring dashboards - graphite, Grafana and collected log search / parsing open source ELK & configured frequent search templates for use on ELK's webUI dashboard for Kibana search.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Configured network and server monitoring using Grafana, ELK Stack with Log spout and Nagios for notifications.
- For Managing/Tracking the defects status used Pivotal tracker tool and for Planning & resolving the issues.
- DB administration and scripting in SQL, MySQL, Oracle databases for report generation and data management.
- Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users & groups for the project, triaged the issues and maintained bugs .
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Worked on Agile Methodologies and involved in daily stand-up calls and creating the user stories and taken care of the sprint planning.
- Planned, scheduled and implemented OS patches on Linux systems as a part of proactive maintenance.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic Beanstalk, Jenkins, GIT, Graphite, Grafana Pivotal Tracker, SonarQube, Jira, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Log spout, Nagios, ELK, Puppet, Gradle, Git hub, Docker Compose, Ansible Tower.
Confidential - New York, NY
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python (boto3 & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Involving in Configuring, Troubleshooting Physical, Virtual infrastructure in Cloud and On Premise on Windows server, Active Directory (AD), Networking, Storage (Blob, Data lake), VMware, Microsoft Azure (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS).
- Built the process of remediation for Azure resources, by automating using JSON Templates, PowerShell scripts and deployed it using build and release pipeline in VSTS.
- Created new ARM templates and artifacts to update the existing PAAS Services as per the security standards.
- Responsible in designing and implementing Azure Cloud Environment and configured shared access signatures (SAS) tokens and storage access policies in Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Design and Implementation of Azure Site Recovery in both Disaster Recovery Scenario and for migrating the workloads from On-Premise to Azure.
- Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server Azure Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for Developer.
- Implemented Azure SQL Server for storing the data related to the recruitment and extensively worked on queries and stored procedures.
- Architected, planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as code using CI/CD deployments using Terraform.
- Proficient in Writing Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Used ELK stack for centralized logging and analytics in the continuous delivery pipeline to store logs and metrics into Azure storage using storage function.
- Created Log collection in ELK by installing File Beat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash, applied filters on log data before sending to Elastic Search.
- Served as POC to provide Knowledge Transfer on configuration management to write Chef automation scripts to migrate automation from uDeploy to Chef.
- Deployed critical applications using docker images and Docker containers and worked on Docker-hub, creating Docker images and handled multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm, Weave and Compose for various applications written in Node.js.
- Created many Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, helm charts, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Utilized Kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, Network usage and performance counters) from the different flavors of Linux.
- Installed and configured AEM 6.0 instance and developed Templates, Components, Dialogs, Widgets which are the building blocks for a page.
- Planning and implementing VPCs with multiple availability zones and multiple subnets to meet the dynamic IP requirements as part of installation of AEM 6.0 author & publish instances on to Development, Integration.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code and administered Jenkins for managing weekly Builds.
- Built the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Groovy and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Extensively involved in running build jobs and integration tests on Jenkins Master/Slave configuration.
- Responsible for developing and performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, Bit Bucket and migrated SVN into GIT and Terraform.
- Installed, Configured, Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring.
- Worked on customizing Splunk dashboards with the metrics provided by Splunk queries.
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed snapshot and released artifacts to Nexus using Maven to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading, and configuring RHEL 5.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, has written MAVEN scripts and Python, Shell scripts to automate the build process.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Red hat Linux using Kickstart.
- Troubleshooting the production environment issues as production support using PagerDuty for alert and 24/7 support.
- Responsible for writing Bash, Shell, Python scripts to ping servers and adding users to the boxes and proficient in scripting languages to automate daily activities.
- Implemented Azure Application Insights to store user activities and error logging.
- Developed Java API to connect the Amazon S3 service to store and retrieve the media files.
- Built and Deployed JAVA/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Strong experience in Linux networking and firewall management.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux/Network Administration to identify the problems and resolve the issues.
- Performed systems monitoring, upgrades, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
Environment: Azure, AWS, Lambda, Terraform, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ant, Docker, Docker Swarm, Splunk, Nagios, Groovy, GIT, Bit Bucket, PagerDuty, ELK, uDeploy, Datadog, Node.js, Bash script, Python, BOTO 3,Python,Ruby and Shell scripting, Kickstart, Nexus, Terraform, SVN, PowerShell, Linux .
Build and Release Engineer
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apace Tomcat Server, Mail Server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using GIT and GitHub.
- Configuring Anthill Pro as a common build engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QMG, UAT, PROD, and DR to UNIX environments.
- Build automation to use with the continuous integration scenario for triggering coordination with TFS Release Management.
- Supporting change release implementation on various environments like Development, SIT, UAT on day 2-day basis using Data power and IBM WebSphere application server.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between Puppet Master and client through SSL certification.
- Worked with Source Code Management System Git, Bitbucket and with build manager for Java projects Maven.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, has written MAVEN scripts and Python, Shell scripts to automate the build process.
- Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and done CI process on the java code generated.
- Experienced in setting up Jobs for Plugin Management, Build/Deploy pipeline setup and User management.
- Used ANT build tool for scripts deployment and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Responsible for defining and mapping parameters and variables and session parameters according to the requirements and usage of workflow variables for triggering emails in QA and UAT environments.
- Configured and maintained common Linux applications such as Apache, active, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP.
- Designed the SQL server database tables, writing T-SQL statements, Stored procedures, user defined functions and triggers.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x, Apace Tomcat Server, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Puppet, T-SQL, Python, Shell scripting.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, RPM Package Management and others.
- Worked on Linux servers for managing the logs of the Web Servers and performed automation using Shell and Perl Scripts.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Monitoring all Solaris and Linux Servers enterprise-wide and Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application, Network problems and performance issues.
- Planned, scheduled and implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Configured Application servers like Apache and MySQL along with scripting languages PHP on Linux for LAMP Stack on Dev/QA boxes.
- Involved in designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 9i servers.
- Administered and supported application servers, responsibilities included troubleshooting and monitoring servers using Nagios.
- Administrated NFS, NIS, DHCP and DNS Samba services running on AIX, Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Linux.
Environment: Tomcat server, MySQL, LAMP Stack, Nagios, Samba, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, Solaris, Shell and Perl Scripting.
- Developed Web Services clients using SOAP, WSDL to exchange the data with backend application.
- Developed the application on IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Implemented SOA architecture using SOAP web services by using Apache CXF and JAX-WS.
- Used Soap UI 4.5 testing tool for Functional Testing of Web Services, Validating Web service response, internal debugging.
- Created Data Access Object (DAO) which is used by the Hibernate API calls to interact with the database.
- Experience using internal testing tool Diagnostic Client on DEV environment for services.
- Implemented Data Access Object pattern in the Integration Tier.
- Hibernate was used for Object Relational mapping.
- Involved in database design, creating entity relationship diagrams, SQL queries also developed views for the queries used.
- Developed PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages and Triggers to implement business rules into the application.
- Developed build script using ANT tool for build, packaging and deploy and run operations.
- Responsible for maintaining the ANT build.xml's for all the projects.
- Experience in deploying the builds on Web Sphere Application Server.
- Used JUnit testing tool to test the code.
- Responsible for the Branching and Merging with SVN SCM.