- A Cloud/ DevOps Engineer with 7+ years of experience in managing server infrastructures and involving administration of mission critical, high availability environments.
- Experience in provisioning, configuring and troubleshooting of various AWS cloud services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB (Load Balancers), ASG, SNS, VPC, Route53, Application discovery service, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation Templates, Ops Work.
- Expertise in EC2 Backup methods, ELB (classis and application) security and application logging using Cloud Trail integration with Kibana and Elastic Search.
- Deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Hands - on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure.
- Hands on experience with Provisioning Service Fabric Clusters and Application Gateway using ARM, PowerShell or Azure Portal which is a distributed systems platform to deploy and manage Microservices with high availability.
- Experienced in designing Azure cloud models for establishing secure and cross-premise connectivity with Azure VPN gateway and Content Delivery Network.
- Experience in creating and Network Security Groups to filter the traffic to and from Azure Resources by configuring the Inbound and Outbound traffic rules and associating them with Subnet and Network Interfaces, creating Azure Key Vault to store Certificates, Secrets.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes deployment and service files and managed releases of Helm.
- Experience in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) methodologies using Jenkins for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments of Java or J2EE applications.
- Implemented CI/CD for J2EE, SOA & Micro services Architecture Environment (NodeJS, .Net Core, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis) using Jenkins & uDeploy.
- Extensively Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tools to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack.
- Unique experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components, and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and AWS.
- Experience in building private cloud infrastructure of OpenStack, deploying through Ansible/ Puppet and maintaining them in production.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Involved in setting up several builds for several applications using Chef. Also involved in pushing all the configuration management into Chef to allow rapid roll-out of infrastructure.
- Deployed servers using Puppet, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure and Implemented Puppet 3.8 manifests and Modules to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Experience in working on several Docker components like Docker engine, Hub, Machine, Compose, Swarm and Docker registry. Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images to Docker Hub.
- Experience in administration, deployment, automation and management with various Version Control Systems like Apache Subversion (SVN) and GIT, GitHub, GitLab.
- Experience and proficient in deploying and administering Bitbucket. Configured Bitbucket repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications.
- Experience in using build automation tools like MAVEN/ ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR, JAR & EAR from source code.
- Experience in installing and administrating monitoring tools such as Nagios and managed with administered like JIRA/Confluence/Jive add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Expertise in Splunk technical implementation, planning, customization, integration with big data and statistical and analytical modeling.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, ELK, AppDynamics, New Relic, CloudWatch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring.
- Proficient with Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, YAML, Ruby and Perl scripting languages for automation.
- Experience in working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE and ASP.NET web applications.
- Good knowledge in relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Cassandra, DynamoDB and MongoDB.
Cloud Environments: AZURE, AWS, PCF, Openstack, GCP
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 10/11, Ubuntu 13/14, Windows 2008 R2/2012/2016
Application Servers: Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Web Logic 9.x, 10.x, WebSphere 7.x/8.x
Webserver: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (9/10) & IIS
Databases: Oracle 11g/12c, Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper: V, Power VM, Virtual box, KVM
Automation/ Containers: Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Opsworks, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker
Version Control Tools: Git, Subversion, CVS, Clearcase, VSTS
Monitoring Tools: ELK (Elasticsearch, LogStash, Kibana), Splunk, New relic, Prometheus, Graylog
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, IBM Clear Quest, HP Quality Center
Networking/ Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco R/S, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Scripting: Ruby, YAML, Perl, Python, PHP, PowerShell, Bash Shell scripting
Confidential - St. Louis, MO
AWS DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Worked heavily with AWS and its infrastructure, including EC2, AMI, ECS, ElasticCache, ElasticSearch, RDS, VPC implementation, IAM, KMS, WAF, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, S3, CloudFront, AWS CLI scripting, ELB, Route 53, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS and Security group.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Proficient in writing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB's and Security groups.
- Set-up and maintained auto-scaling Openstack (used cloud formation and scripting).
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrated it with Chef.
- Developed Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF.
- Experience in working on test-kitchen framework to test the Terraform provisioned AWS infrastructure.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling, and Cloud formation scripts.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and used Ansible Tower to monitor automation activity and manage cloud infrastructure.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Expertise in Ansible Playbook, YAML for Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables and Extensively worked on Jenkins
- Installed and configured a private Docker Registry, authored Docker files to run apps in containerized environments and used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace ids.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, Kubernetes manifests, and provide a set of configuration parameters to customize the deployment and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline integrating various tools with CloudBees Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with GIT and Jira to trigger builds using Webhooks and Slave Machines.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository and GitHub Enterprise. Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Involved in taking the source code and compiling using Maven and Package it in its distributable format, such as WAR file and used Nexus Repository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build.
- Using Cloud watch and New Relic to monitor our API and Dynamo DB performance.
- Worked with New Relic monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Created scripts from scratch to automate tasks using bash shell scripting and python scripting and wrote Python modules to view and connect the Apache Cassandra instance.
- Wrote Puppet modules for installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Implemented Data Lake Analytics platform leveraging AWS cloud and Hadoop technologies for providing the centralized Data repository or hub for Big Data Analytics and platforms.
- Analyzed Cassandra DB and compare it with other open-source NoSQL database to find which of them better suites the current requirement.
- Overseeing Spinnaker image detection, deployment to Canary and functional testing of Canary deployment then manually approving image deployment into production.
- Expertise in configuring monitoring tools like ELK, Nagios, Splunk, Prometheus and Grafana to monitor logs of applications in production and non-production.
- Automatically spin-up API’s and database servers in each layer of the Opsworks Stack in AWS cloud using boto3 python scripting.
- Worked on Grub, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration.
Environment: AWS, PCF, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Openstack, Opsworks, Data Lake, Cassandra/ Dynamo database, ELK, New Relic, Cloud watch and Cloud formation.
Confidential - Folsom, CA
Azure DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal. Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Involved in creating the Azure Services with Virtual Machine. Involved in developing the Azure Solution and Services like IaaS and PaaS.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Web Roles, Storage and Azure AD Licenses. Created Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Experience with Open Shift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components Azure, and developing global or multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments and deployments on Cloud Foundry, Open Shift and Kubernetes.
- Implement deploy and configure Azure websites, Configure diagnostics, monitoring and analytics on Azure Platform along with scale and resilience for Azure Web sites.
- Configured failed request tracing to capture traces for IIS 7 returns it with status code and verified that IIS 7 captured the trace for the request.
- Installed and configured Cloud Foundry Ops Manager, App Manager. Configuring LDAP for authorization, configuring log generator for logs in PCF (ELK/Splunk).
- Used Terraform to create, change and improve production infrastructure and maintained versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently. Created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, Docker container and Service Orchestration.
- Implemented a bug tracking system using VSTS platform and produced user-friendly dashboard for bug tracking and monitoring.
- Worked ChefDK which takes of care creating cookbooks and recipes. Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to provision pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Configured Jenkins Monitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
- Configured and administered Jenkins pipelines for automated builds and responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler. Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and Worked on setting up of multiple Kubernetes dashboards with AAF and kube config.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, Stash, GitHub & Subversion.
- Administrating of PostgreSQL databases to ensure accurate, appropriate, and effective use of data, including database definition, structure, long - range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in MAVEN, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Maven's POM.xml
- Experience in Managing/Tracking the defects status by using JIRA tool and Planning & resolving the issues as per SLA.
- Worked on Windows PowerShell, Shell, Python, and Ruby for purposes of task automation and configuration management.
- Hands on experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Prometheus and App Dynamics.
- Monitored Linux server for CPU & Memory Utilization, and disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for RedHat Linux using kickstart.
Environment: Azure, PCF, Opsworks, VSTS, ELK, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, GIT, SVN, JIRA, Shell Scripting, Splunk, Linux, Python, Ruby, Java, Apache, RHEL and kickstart.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
Build & Release Engineer
- Administered Red Hat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apache Tomcat Server, Mail Server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using KickStart server as required to maintain maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise projects in all stages.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Artifactory repository and resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Administered Bamboo servers which include install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing the local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning and troubleshooting issues.
- Setup the Jenkins server with complete Maven and vSphere build jobs providing a continuous, automated scheduled QA build environment based on multiple SVN repositories for VMware open virtualization format (ovf) deployments.
- Developed Ansible playbooks for managing the application/OS configuration files in GitHub , integrating with Jenkins , and Verifying with Jenkins plugins, deploying the application into the Linux environment.
- Used Ansible Tower , which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes ( MongoDB, Redis, and MySQL ).
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using GIT and GitHub.
- Wrote, maintained, and documented modules, manifests, Git repositories for Puppet enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Used Puppet for creating scripts, deployments for servers, and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Developed the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift through the Puppet tool.
- Used Bugzilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Integrated the GIT by using Webhooks and Scripted Rest API in ServiceNow and stored the information in ServiceNow table.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic and deploying J2EE Applications.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN, Jenkins and created automated release notes using Perl Scripts .
- Reviewed existing manual Software builds, developed scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risk using Perl and Shell Scripting .
- Administered Nexus server which includes installing, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance.
- Development of Scheduled tasks and UNIX scripts and Perl to maintain and automate the Build process.
Environment: Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Bamboo, Maven, SVN, GIT, ANT, JIRA, ServiceNow, Bugzilla, Nexus .
Confidential - Warren, NJ
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and maintained access to AWS resources through users and groups on an IAM console.
- Involved in build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS services and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Researched and implemented Agile work flow for continuous integration (CI) and testing of applications using Jenkins. Administered and Engineered Jenkins to manage weekly Build.
- Developed Jenkins Plugin to automate artifact upload to Nexus (Repo) through Jenkins.
- Worked on cloud automation framework namely CHEF which included automation of certain software installation processes in the form of Ruby code.
- Performed automating tasks using chef cookbooks, creating profiles, manifests for new servers, and pushing them to servers.
- Managed Chef Server implementing the infrastructure changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Build Docker images automatically with Jenkins pipeline by using the plugins like CloudBees, Docker pipeline, and Amazon EC2 Plugin.
- Helped engineers migrate their projects from SVN to GIT, provided training, and refactored build and deployment mechanisms accordingly.
- Built deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from the source code using Maven.
- Automated the Applications and MYSQL, NOSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Splunk.
- Performed P2V migrations of physical RHEL (5/6) servers to VMware environment using VMware Converter.
- Configured firewall based on Red Hat Linux and FreeBSD 4.x that has three network interfaces.
- Created automated Kickstart environment for Linux standard builds for WEB, APP and DB servers.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Splunk, Maven, ANT, SVN, Linux, Chef, Python, RHEL, Red hat, VMware.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3) , and file servers on SUSE and Linux servers.
- Worked on large Data Center Migration Project. Migrated Linux/Unix Servers from one data center to other data center with minimal downtime. Involved in P2P, P2V and V2V migration.
- Configured and used Jumpstart , Kickstart , Ignite and NIM to install OS.
- Collaborated with internal teams to integrate data feeds to a centralized Splunk platform.
- Installed Power Broker on Linux and windows machines.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing server into VMware Infrastructure.
- Heavily utilized the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP & Perl) to meet customer requirements.
- Installed, configured and troubleshooted JIRA application on Linux servers.
- Expertise in Setting up the JBoss , WebLogic, oracle , DB2 connect , WebSphere, MySQL, Tomcat, Apache , Active Directory in Microsoft , sun, Linux server.
- Configured and troubleshooting NFS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP and Samba in Apache & Linux servers.
- Installed and configured of Solaris and Linux servers using JUMPSTART and KICKSTART installation and periodic Patch Upgrading using live upgrade.
- Used Veritas File system (VxFS) and Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) to configure RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage Systems on Sun Solaris.
- Monitored servers, switches, ports with Nagios monitoring tool.
- Experienced with Red Hat Satellite Server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the Linux environment.
Environment: VMware ESXi, Nagios, Linux, Solaris, Veritas, Red Hat satellite server, oracle, samba, Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, SUSE Linux, MYSQL, PHP, Perl.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring VMware and monitored Virtual environments with ESXi servers and Virtual Center.
- Proficient in KORN, Bash Shell, Perl Scripting for Administration, Monitoring, Installation and Configuration, Peer-review tasks across the UNIX platforms like Linux, Solaris, and AIX.
- Implementation of High Availability Solutions using Veritas Cluster Server 4.1, 5 and Sun Cluster Server 3.2, Red Hat Cluster 5.
- Experience in system administration, system builds, server builds, installs, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine tuning on SUN SOLARIS, Red Hat Linux systems and Windows.
- Provided technical assistance in monitoring, tuning, backup/restore, upgrades, failover and recovery and upgrades of WebSphere Environment for availability, scalability, maintainability.
- Worked with F5 load balancers that improve the overall performance of applications by decreasing the burden on servers associated with managing and maintaining application and network sessions, switching, routing and VPN's.
- Experience in Networking including the OSI LAYERS and protocols such as TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, FTP, DHCP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS and SMTP.
- Experienced in creating and managing User Accounts, Security Rights, Disk Space, Quotas and Process Monitoring in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Hands-on experience in server builds, migrations such as OS migrations, Application migrations, and Storage migrations.
- Installed, configured, administered Windows 2008, 12 servers, Active Directory Services, FTP, WSUS, IIS Web Server & SQL Database Server.
- Supported of applications running in Web Logic, JBoss and Tomcat and participated in the on-call rotation for 24/7 production support.
Environment: Red hat Linux 5/6.x, Windows 2008R2, WebLogic Server 11g, RAID, Cron, LVM, Load Balancers, WLST, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Virtualization, JBoss, TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, FTP, DHCP, HTTP, SFTP & SMTP.