- 7+ years of IT experience as a DevOps /AWS engineer and Linux admin in automating, building, deploying, and release of code to different environments.
- Experience in working with version control system like Subversion and GitHub.
- Expert in using Build management tools Maven and Ant for developing the deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experienced with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting and Experience with AWS Cloud formation Templates.
- Good experience in working with the configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Experience in creating and working with various instances of Linux environments on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling.
- Experience in installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux (Red hat, Centos, Ubuntu).
- Written Python scripts to automate AWS services which include Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, Database, EC2, database security groups and S3bucketon, IAM, SNS.
- Extensive experience of working with the deployment of Java/J2EE binary files to the App Servers like Apache Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Expert in troubleshooting the issues related to the building and deploying of the artifacts.
- Expert in querying Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like PostgreSQL,
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like analysis, design, implementation and deployment.
Version control systems: Subversion, Github
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar cube
Repository Manager: Nexus, Artifactory
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef
Scripting/Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, shell/Perl/Ruby Scripting, XML, HTML, CSS
OS Environment: RedHat, Ubuntu, Windows, Centos.
AWS Cloud: Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic File system, RDS, DMS, VPC, OpsWork,Route 53, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS).
App Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic
Database Servers: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
Confidential, Johnston Iowa
AWS DevOps Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/GIT and use ANT/MAVEN to build war/jar artifacts and creating pipelines
- Experience with deployment automation, working with platforms for configuration management, provisioning, artifact repositories such as Puppet, Run deck, Nexus, Jenkins.
- Working in a 24x7 Linux - RHEL 5, 6, 7 and ci with 500+ servers.
- Used python, Bash scripting for Jenkins job automation.
- Performing database Backup and restore. Restoring files for end-users when they needed.
- Integration of Zabbix with Message Media for sending alerts through SMS with Rest API.
- Installed, configured and maintained Apache Tomcat, Samba, send mail, postfix and mule application servers.
- Configuration and maintenance of Bamboo to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to build and generate JAR, WAR files and pushing them into Nexus.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Handled tasks in RedHat Linux which included upgrading RPMS using YUM, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN Disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and RedHat Linux.
- Deployed configuration management and provisioning to AWS using Packer-Docker and Terraform.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Using Kubernetes, I have controlled and automated application deployments and updates and orchestrated deployment.
- Wrote Terraform based instructions to orchestrate cloud server provisioning.
- Monitored network resources like disk space, CPU load and servers using Zabbix.
- Implemented and maintained CI environments (Jenkins/Hudson) in performing deployments, Packaging, build optimization, production rollouts, staging, defect tracking (JIRA), and root cause analysis, Smoke testing, Operation support and service delivery over web/app servers like JBoss, Tomcat and WebLogic, MAVEN.
- Deployed the web services code To JBOSS App server using Serena deployment utility to trigger the Maven scripts to deploy to the correct locations on the server.
- Worked with Apache Kafka for High throughput for both publishing and subscribing, with disk structures that provide constant performance even with many terabytes of stored messages.
- Designed a system using Kafka to auto - scale the backend servers based on the events throughput.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Bamboo GitHub and AWS AMI’s,
- Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Involved in implementing deployments into AWS EC2 with the help of Terraform.
- Extensive experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Good understanding of Networking, VPC, Data center to Cloud Connectivity, Security etc. In a AWS cloud.
- Automated the process of creating the AMI’s (Played a crucial role for the team)
- Created Firefight Role/Policy as a backup for production down time. (Firefight is a powerful role which has extraordinary human privileged access. It is the best practice to manage all infrastructure as a code and through automation like Jenkins).
- Helping new onboarding teams in setting up cloud infrastructure to host their applications in AWS cloud (Includes setting up services like Route53, Cloud Front, Lambda’s, api-gateways and terraform scripts).
- Wrote extensive Automation scripts using AWS Python based SDK(Boto3) and AWS CLI for various AWS Services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling, AMI, RDS, SLA Management, Route 53 etc.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Bamboo, AWS (IAM, EC2, Cloud Watch, S3, VPC), My SQL, AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, VPN, VM's, Glacier, ELB, RDS, SNS, SWF, IAM, Route 53, AWS Cloud Formation, Linux, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache, Tomcat.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. DevOps Engineer/AWS Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities;
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as Elastic Cloud Computing, Simple Storage Services, Cloud Formation, Glacier, Block Storage, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Lambda, Virtual Private cloud, Load balancing, Relational Database Service, and Cloud Watch.
- Proven track record in software development, including lead engineer or software architect.
- Installed and integrated Jenkins with repositories like Git and successfully built the code and generate artifacts using Build Automation tool (Maven) and push the artefacts to the Nexus repository and deploy the artifacts on the web server like Apache Tomcat.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts. Utilized kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Experience with Minikube to manage local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Developed automation process to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications on both Public and Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Used Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks and written playbooks. Worked with Ansible in a DevOps environment.
- Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML scripting.
- Maintained monthly audit report and documentation on all WebLogic and DNS servers.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Worked on the creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file.
- Management and Implementation of Linux (Centos, Red hat) and Windows (windows Server 2008/2012 R2), Middleware (Apache, PHP, Tomcat, JBoss and Fuse), and java applications.
- Maintained the artifact repository called Nexus and moving the builds to it using Jenkins interface. Deployed applications in the form of artifacts (JAR, WAR, and EAR) and troubleshooting them in production and development environments to maintain load balancing, failover, and high availability.
- Deployed multi-stack software builds to various environments (VMs, Cloud instances, etc.) using automation tools like Ansible and Chef, minimizing downtime.
- Wrote Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes, Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Automated scripting with Python to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications.
- Service failback to preferred node during ITM window. Bringing down services and server during Hyper-V server reboot.
- Managing User Accounts and Groups, Managing Files, Directories, Package/Patch Management and Configuration, Managing Services, Volume Management.
- Experience in tools like JIRA, Agile/Scrum methodology, to release product. Worked on installing and managing the monitoring tool Nagios.
- Deploying the JAR, WAR, and EAR files to the Application servers for continuous integration and delivery process.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesosphere and Kubernetes.
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on the Atlassian Stack and Octopus Deploy for a wide range Applications based on numerous programming languages.
- Developed and configured of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Involved in migration of CI tool stack from SVN to GIT, Maven to Gradle, Build force to Jenkins.
- Worked on Amazon ECS for the Docker container Orchestration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Build the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration and deployments automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
Environment: GIT, AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic File system, RDS, DMS, VPC, Route 53, PostgreSQL, Agile, OpsWorks, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS), Maven, JIRA, Shell scripts, Jenkins, Chef, Python.
- Detailed technical knowledge and hands-on experience of DevOps, Automation, Build Engineering and Configuration Management.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Cloud Automation and Created cloud formation templates (CFT) to launch the stacks.
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Migrating the current code to CI/CD pipeline via Ant to Maven and Anthill Pro to Jenkins.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins Servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Automated the process to create Docker images which includes automated package builds into the image and deploy them as needed.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments.
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Build customized AWS Infrastructure for various applications from scratch (EC2, RDS, Security Groups, VPCs, OpsWorks, public/private subnets, ELB, Auto scaling, roles, policies etc.) and establish connectivity between various AWS resources.
- Worked on installing and configuring AWS CLI components and launching the EC2 instances on both environments like Linux and windows.
- Deployed code through web/application servers like Apache Tomcat.
Environment: Linux, Puppet, Agile, PostgreSQL, AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Agile, OpsWork, Security Groups), Jenkins, Shell/python scripting, SVN, ANT, J2EE, Python, Apache Tomcat, Rhel, Nexus.
Confidential, East Peoria, IL
Release & Build Engineer/Linux admin
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process, provided ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Coordinate with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Set up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Established CI/CD for trunk and branches to support parallel development.
- Created software packages for factories.
- Demonstrated Windows and Linux systems engineering experience in a complex, highly virtualized environment.
- Embedded Linux build (Yocto, open embedded, etc.).
- Written scripts using Linux/Unix shell scripting, java scripting or Power Shell /VB Scripting.
- Created packages for updates through Internet (e.g., FOTA, FOTI)
- Automated of day-to-day, repetitive tasks
Environment: Ant, Java, Artifactory, GIT, Git bash, Jenkins, Python/Shell, Unix, Windows, Web Logic, My SQL, XML.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux (4.x), Solaris (9.x, 10.x) and Suse (10.x) on new server builds as well as during the upgrade situations.
- Log management like monitoring and cleaning the old log files.
- System audit report like no. of logins, success & failures, running cron jobs.
- System performance for hourly basis or daily basis.
- Performed logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, SCP, WinSCP, and FileZilla.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating
- Documenting the installation of third-party software's.
- Responsible for modifying and optimizing backup schedules and developing shell scripts for it.
- Performed regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
- Maintained LVM, VxVM and SVM filesystems along with NFS.
Environment: RHEL 4/5, CentOS, Debian, Cisco, Veritas Cluster Server, Oracle, PortaOne soft switch.