- Over 7+ Years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux Systems Administration and as a Devops cloud engineer which includes Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build/Release Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using different tools.
- Worked under the Agile operation process in Devops team (Build & Release automation, unit test automation, and Code review, Service, Incident and Change Management Environment,) to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using various tools.
- Expertise on shell and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud Architecture and hands - on Engineering.
- Extensive experience working with AWS provided Solutions like EC2, ELB, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, IAM, and Cloud Watch.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Lambda workflow implementation using python to interact with application deployed on EC2 instance and S3 bucket.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Strong experience in configuration and automation management tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Hands-on experience in version control using SVN, GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, Expertise in setting up Baselines, Branching, Patches, Merging and Automation processes using Shell/Bash and Batch Scripts.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform.
- Documenting, system utilization, configurations, instances, OS, and AMI build practices and backup Procedures.
- Expert in deploying the code through application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS. Experience in using Tomcat Apache web servers for deployment and for hosting tools.
- Created CM Plans, Test plans and Build Documentation while maintaining source code and good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Experience with Build Management tools Ant and Maven for writing build. Xmls and pom. Xmls.
- Used Agile practices (iterative development & sprints) for various user stories during the project execution.
- Worked with different bug tracking tools like Rally, Jira and Service Now.
- Experience in developing and delivering content on the web using JAVA/J2EE and knowledge in Oracle and MS SQL Database servers DB tasks.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, and Shell, ruby and Python and Worked with various application servers like Tomcat, Jboss, and Nginx.
- Created the uDeploy templates for components and applications, on boarded around 200 apps into uDeploy to achieve continuous integration.
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, diagnostics, troubleshooting skills to consistently deliver productive technological solutions.
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Gradle, MSBuild.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Cucumber, confluence, IBM Clear Quest.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Clear Case.
Automation container: Docker, kubernetes, marathon and mesos.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins/Hudson, bamboo, Team City, Build Forge, Anthillpro, TFS Visual Studio Build.
Continuous Deployment: Puppet, Ansible, Salt stack, and Chef.
Cloud services: Amazon Web Services (AWS),and Microsoft Azure EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, ROUTE53, SNS, SQS, Cloud front, EBS, ELB, Cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk, Open Shift, Open Stack, and Cloud trail.
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, Elastic search, sonarqube, cloud watch and Selenium.
Operating Systems: RHEL (5.x, 6.x, 7x), SUSE Linux (9, 10, 11), Sun Solaris (9, 10, 11), CentOS 5, 6, Windows 2003, 2008, VMware ESX (3.5, 4.0).
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NIS+NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TELNET, Firewalls.
Database Servers: Oracle 9i, 10g, MySQL 7.0, 6.5, RDBMS Oracle, Mongo Db, Cassandra, SQL Server.
Web/Application Servers: IIS, WebLogic, Web sphere, JBoss, Apache Server, Apache Tomcat
Scripting Languages: Bash and Korn Shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, Python, YAML, Groovy.
Languages: C, C++, .NET, Java/J2EE, PHP.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
U: Deploy, Octopus Deploy, Run deck.
Sr. DevOps/AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Created and configured AWS EC2 instances using preconfigured templates such as AMI, RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu as well as used corporate based VM images which includes complete packages to run build and test in those EC2 Instances.
- Extensive use of Elastic Load Balancing mechanism with Auto Scaling feature to scale the capacity of EC2 Instances across multiple availability zones in a region to distribute incoming high traffic for the application.
- Created Apache Directory Server for local network and Integrating RHEL instance with Active Directory in AWS VPC.
- Implemented the Micro services based on Restful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
- Developed Bash and Python scripts to automate applications migration and monitor application health during migration. Integrated Jenkins with uDeploy and Created uDeploy Components, uDeploy process, installed uDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Puppet and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation, terraform templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker setup in Vagrant, AWS and Amazon VPCs.
- Created Terraform modules to create instances in AWS & automated process of creation of resources is AWS using terraform.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Created puppet automation with multiple modules as per component like Kafka, Zookeeper, MySQL, Logstash, HTTP collectors & Schema registry to install & configure EC2 instances to create/update Kafka cluster.
- Worked with Site Reliability Engineer to implement Data dog system metrics, analytics, and dashboards.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS beanstalk using Jenkins CI.
- Expertise in Agile tools, Atlassian Jira, Scrum and Continuous delivery tools Nexus Built bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Created Log collection in ELKB (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana, and Filebeat) installed Filebeat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash. Applied filters on log data before sending to Elastic search.
- Used ELK Stack (Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana) for monitoring the servers using Metric beat daemons that collects metrics from server, drop it in Elastic search or Logstash, and analyzed that metrics using Kibana.
- Migrated pipelines builds from Jenkins to Bamboo and integrated them with Bit bucket, Stash and JIRA.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH to manage configurations of the nodes in the server and tested the playbooks using python and run the Ansible scripts on the Dev servers.
- Used Ansible server to manage and configure nodes. Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tool (Git & SVN).
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
Environment: AWS: EC2, S3, Route53, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, IAM, Cloud Watch, ELB etc. uDeploy, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Bash, Splunk, Sumo Logic, New Relic, Service now.
Sr DevOps Engineer
- As AWS DevOps Engineer, I am responsible for taking care of day to day build and release activities. These activities include build issues, deployment issues for multiple releases like maintenance release, enhancement release, bug fixes, emergency releases.
- Developed Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, OpsWorks, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, glacier, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail, and IAM.
- AWS EC2, VPC, S3, SNS, Redshift, EMR based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Python, Bash Scripts and Managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using Cloud Watch.
- Worked on Creating API's on Node JS and AngularJS.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets. Involved in migrating on premise cloud storage to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Experience in using Azure Media and Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid integration, Azure Identity and Access Management, Azure compute services.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications. Experienced and proficient deploying and administering GitHub.
- Implementing infrastructure on new AWS systems and migration of existing Linux and Windows based Infrastructure to AWS Cloud platforms and automated using Terraform Templates
- Implemented Continuous integration (CI) using Jenkins and configured various plugins. Also, used Git as a Source Code Manager (SCM), Maven as a Build Tool, SonarQube and Art factory.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes AWS, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, SVN, GitHub, Nexus, Tomcat, Linux etc.
- Automation of Azure infrastructure via Cloud-Formation Templates and Jenkins software and services configuration via Chef Cookbooks.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes (MongoDB, Redis, and MySQL).
- Experience in working with Nagios, Splunk and Cloud Watch for performance monitoring and log parsing and monitored health checks using AWS Route53.
- Project also involves in migrating an On-Premises infrastructure set up to AWS that involves, creation of automation scripts and integrating with continuous integration channel using Rundeck.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch
- Strong working experience in NoSQL database, MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra
- Used Agile Methodologies, Scrum stories and Sprints experience in a Python based environment.
- Designed a customized status reporting tool used, based on the requirements using J2EE/ Struts and WebLogic server with DB2 as database.
- Taking backups of servers, storing it in Azure cloud and Monitoring different instances and databases in Azure.
- Day-to-Day administration of RHEL 5.x and 6.x which includes installation, upgrading and loading patches and packages.
- Used Splunk APM for log aggregation and analysis on different application servers and wrote Shell, Bash, python, Perl and ruby scripts for day to day administrative tasks and for managing users
- Install and configure Apache, Nginx and WordPress on Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
Environment: Amazon Web Services Auto Scaling Group, EC2, Elastic Cache, SQS, SNS, S3, Route53, DynamoDB, Azure: Load Balancers, Resource groups, App Services, Azure Active Directory etc. JSON, Cloud Formation Templates, J2EE, GIT, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Rundeck, Nagios, Python, Bash, RHEL.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Responsible for architecture decisions and tasks for ongoing migration efforts.
- Involved in the design and development of web application in C#.NET, ASP. Net, User Controls and deployment in the cloud environment.
- Responsible to develop services using .NET/C# code and Web API technology (Restful API).
- Developed ASP.NET Web API services to return JSON and XML Format.
- Used ASP.NET MVC framework to support the use of Dependency Injection to inject objects into a class, instead of relying on the class to create the object itself.
- Built and deployed java source code into application servers in an agile continuous integration environment.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Involve in installation, configuration and maintenance of Jenkins and Octopus Deploy for compilation and packaging of new code releases.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to GIT triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Provided configuration management to all software development projects and also worked in agile environments.
- Implemented Chef Practices and introduced Test Kitchen to facilitate a cookbook development work flow.
- Utilized Ruby to develop GIT applications and also to write Chef Recipes.
- Worked on Spark in building BI reports using Tableau.
- Involved in building the Web API to perform all the CRUD operations.
- Installed and configured Docker, Docker images, Docker container service, Docker Hub registers. Used Dockers Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Created Docker file for each micro service and changed some of the Tomcat Configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Script, debug and automate PowerShell scripts to reduce manual administration tasks and cloud deployments.
- Configure Implement, Secure and support Virtual Network and best security practices for single and multi-regional data centers.
- Worked on creation of Change requests and Service requests using tool Service Now.
- Worked with integrating JUnit, Find Bugs, check style code analysis and testing during the build.
Environment: Git, SVN, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Ubuntu, RHEL, .NET/C#, Agile/Scrum, PowerShell, Python, Shell, Spark, Service Now
Build and Release Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Manage infrastructure servers from SCM to GitHub and Chef.
- Extensively worked with distributed version control system GIT.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build / deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using Ant Scripts and Jenkins.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process and migrated from Maven to Gradle build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and worked on Nexus to upload/download the build artifacts.
- Implemented CI/CD Automation Process using CI Tool Jenkins CD Tool Docker.
- Responsible for Administering Nexus server which includes install, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production and Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Rundeck and deployment automation.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, Chef for automatic workflow.
- Experienced in Administrating, troubleshooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in Web Sphere, Web Logic and Apache-Tomcat.
- Creating, managing and performing container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together.
- Conducted POCs with Docker based applications server configurations and worked with the Docker to package an application with all its dependencies into a standardized unit for Software Development.
- Monitored user and administrator access log information by VRealize Log insight and by using VRealize operations, monitored alerts and multiple server system storage health.
- Deployed VRealize Operations Manager (VCOPs/VROPs), leveraging its capability for proactive monitoring of health of the entire virtual environment.
- Experience with JUnit and code coverage tracking (Sonar/SonarQube)
- Responsible of installing, updating, diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA. Created and configured new JIRA projects and worked with departments to maintain existing JIRA projects.
- Experience managing the servers that were built on Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms using the Chef Configuration management tool.
- Created the Deployment notes along with the Local SCM team and released the Deployment instructions to Application Support.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Subversion, J2EE, CI, Artifact Repository, Nexus, Tomcat, WebSphere, JIRA, Shell, Bash, Perl
Linux System Administrator
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of RHEL 4/5/6 (and some 7), Ubuntu, Oracle Enterprise Linux5/6/7 operating systems.
- Automated installation of Linux servers using Kickstart and Installation of Solaris using Flash, live upgrades and Jumpstart Servers.
- Data center migration and consolidation project - worked on migration builds, data-transfer mechanisms (rsync, storage-level block copies, VMware clones, etc.) and meeting deadlines in a high-paced environment.
- Implemented VMware design, performing P2P, P2V, and V2P. Migrated Physical Machines to Virtual Machines (P2V) and Virtual Machines to Virtual Machines (V2V) using VMware converter.
- Experienced in supporting Application and Database teams for installation (shell scripting), configuration, migration and performance troubleshooting.
- Creating and managing file systems, Creating and managing Logical volumes in Linux and VERITAS Volume manager in Solaris & Linux & IBM AIX.
- Worked with variety of File System management software's such as Veritas Volume Manager, LVM, ZFS, and SVM.
- Setup and improved LSF infrastructure for US and UK sites.
- PXE boot set up for kickstart and building servers, built kickstart servers in DR site - using http method, created documents for building new servers using kickstart.
- Multi pathing of disks using Power Path.
- Continuous improvement to LSF performance using Test Cluster.
- Diagnosis and maintenance of hardware issues involving single and multiple point failures.
- Proficient working experience with vendors like HP, Oracle, Dell, Veritas and RedHat for troubleshooting issues.
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Kick Start Templates.
- Developed from the ground up, using native VMware APIs, a new automated Inventory System for VDI containing detailed real-time information about the desktop, infrastructure, and assigned user thereby significantly improving billing accuracy, recoveries, asset cleanup, and resource utilization.
- Expertise in managing Virtual Linux servers running on VMWare ESX 4/5.
- Experienced in build activities which involves building RedHat Enterprise Linux 6, RedHat Enterprise Linux 7, servers in both Physical and Virtual platforms and procedure documentation.
- Experienced in recovering OS from VM snapshots and working on Maintenance mode through VM console.
- Perform Backup and restore. Restored files for end-users when necessary. Work on implementation of security controls and monitors compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File Systems and Worked on Analyze System performance, client to server traffic and server to server traffic.
Environment: RHEL, Ubuntu, Oracle Enterprise Linux5/6/7, API, VMWare, Apache Tomcat, Shell.