- Around 7 years of experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances in the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Administration various environments in software development life cycle (SDLC) Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and Cent OS. Experience supporting Chef Environment with multi servers and involved in developing manifests.
- DevOps experience with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, AWS (OPS Work) and Open Stack.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience in cloud stack such as AWS (Cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center (ESXI), hypervisor-v, PHP Virtual Box.
- Design high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Availability Regions
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (kasha, Bash), Python, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Have a good knowledge on programming languages like Java, .NET
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web Sphere, and JBOSS to deploy code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- High exposure to JIRA defect tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with Mongo DB, MSSQL, MySQL and Server DB Tasks. Experience on Vagrant, AWS and Kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience in Process monitoring and debugging using tool such as Nagios.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Experience in working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, and Debian systems.
- Installation, configuration and management of PostgreSQL & MySQL database servers.
- Client interaction for requirement gathering, to design and plan the software and hardware infrastructure.
- Ready to take additional responsibilities and highly motivated with an aptitude to learn.
- Proven ability to collaborate efficiently with multiple teams in quickly identifying and resolving issues.
- Good Knowledge on ITIL process and have worked on coordinating releases across the projects.
- Worked on 24X7 support project.
DevOps Tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Build Forge, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Gradle.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace, Openstack.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11/10, Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x/7 SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
Software and Tools: VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/4.x, WinSCP, FTP, SSL, VERITAS Cluster Services, Cisco CNR, Send mail.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, and JBoss.
Database: Oracle 11g, RDBMS, SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL, T-SQL PL/SQL, SSIS, SSRS, RDS.
Languages: C, C++, Java, Unix Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, VB Script, PowerShell, XML, JSON.
Confidential - Syracuse, NY
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Responsible for day to day Build and Deployments in Dev, QA, pre-production and production environments. Implemented AWS high-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Configured AWS cloud infrastructure as code using terraform and continuous deployment through Jenkins.
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Maintained DNS records using Route53 to Improve Fault Tolerant Connections and using Load balancer, Security groups and NACLS.
- Developed an Azure based high performance compute environment to support the massive computational requirements of client congressional redistricting Azure application.
- Created snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMI) of the instances for backup and creating clone instance.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Ansible, Terraform Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Installed & maintained XEN & VMWare servers with multiple VM's running a multi VLAN Physical & VM environment.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Bootstrapped instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Experienced with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.)
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been cored to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Worked with different bug tools like JIRA, IBM Clear Quest.
- Developed build scripts using ANT/MAVEN and Gradle as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Extensive experience monitoring the servers using Nagios, Cacti and New Relic. Configured Docker containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Implementing multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Jenkins and SonarQube.
- Implemented, integrated and managed Perforce as well as instituting accurate and automated build and release methodologies for Binary compilation for Apache HTTP/HTTPS, Tomcat, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs.
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
Environment & Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Auto scaling, EBS, RDS, Jenkins, GIT, Linux, LAMP, Nagios, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Perl and Python.
Confidential - Chicago, Illinois
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, Red hat 4.x, 5.x.6.x,7.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x, 14.x, 15.x.
- Involved in complete cycle on migrating physical Linux/Windows machines to cloud (AWS)
- Maintained DNS records using Route53. Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Deployed instances in AWS EC2 and used EBS stores for persistent storage and also performed access management using IAM service.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- AWS Import/Export accelerates moving large amounts of data into and out of AWS using portable storage devices for transport.
- Performed AWS cloud deployments for web applications with monitoring using CloudWatch and VPC to manage network configurations.
- Used Kubernetes as an open source platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of applications containers across clusters of hosts, providing container centric infrastructure.
- Worked with Amazon AWS/EC2, and Google's Docker based cluster management environment Kubernetes.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in CloudFormation JSON templates.
- Responsible for all AD, IIS, SSL, SSO, SQL, Load Balancing, NSG’s, and VPN configurations for Azure.
- Worked on Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Configured API gateways, SNS and Dynamo DB tables for PUSH notifications.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux and PowerShell scripts for windows to transfer data in S3 bucket.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK) etc.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts, deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Configured GitHub enterprise in a cluster mode with on premise servers using AWS cloud.
- Used various services of AWS for this infrastructure. Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Wrote playbooks for ansible and deploying applications using Ansible. Ansible-vault encryption mechanism.
- Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS. Creating and configuring Jenkins jobs, build and delivery pipelines. Scripting via Linux & OSX platforms: Bash, GitHub and GitHub API
- Setup Chef Servers, Chef Workstations, and Chef Nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure Chef Nodes. Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to Chef Nodes.
- Scripting in multiple languages on LINUX and Windows Batch, Shell script, PowerShell.
- Monitored System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
Environment & Tools: GIT, GITHUB, Nexus, Maven, Gradle, PowerShell, AWS, CloudFormation, Azure, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Jira.
- Used Agile methodology throughout the project. Involved in weekly and daily bases release management.
- Involved in source control management with GitHub and GitLab Enterprise level repositories. Regular activities include configure user’s access levels, monitor logs, identifying merge conflicts and managing master repository.
- Customized monitoring with Nagios, & PNP4Nagios Graphs for both legacy and new environments.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Designed and implemented subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/GIT. Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef. Automated centralized configuration using Puppet.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Designing & deploying data center architecture on Linux Platform. Building, patching and managing existing datacenter rack servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct substrate for implementation.
- Involved in Shell and Perl scripts for compilation and deployment processes and automation of builds and PowerShell for Windows deployment and Administration Extensively used MAVEN tool to do the builds, integrated MAVEN to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Used Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process.
- Create, manage, and delete users and groups as per the request using Amazon Identity and Access Management.
- Monitoring each service deployment and validating the services across all environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in build and deploying SCA modules in IBM Web sphere Process server.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Created Branches, Tags for each release and particular environments Using GIT.
- Merged the branches after the Code Freeze.
Environment & Tools: Git, GitHub, CentOS, Docker, SVN, AWS (amazon web services like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling), Chef, Ant, Java/J2ee, puppet, Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat, Linux.
Linux System Administrator
- Installing, tuning, troubleshooting and patching of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Monitoring server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using Crontabs.
- Setting up of NFS environment. Taking care of user accounts/groups using NFS Management.
- Submission of reports such as Routine perform analysis, Capacity analysis, Security audit analysis to customer for necessary planned changes.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle) UNIX based shell.
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption to access on Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux securely.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on SSH, NFS, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS, HTTPD services.
- Administration of NFS, DNS, NTP, Automounts, send mail and Print servers as per the client requirement.
- Expertise in virtualization using VMware ESX server 3.5, 4.0 VMware workstation, virtual box and XEN, RED HAT enterprise virtualization suite.
- Upgrading Linux kernel with latest releases on RHEL servers.
- Worked on Linux Kick-start OS integration, DDNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
Environment & Tools: RHEL, Linux, UNIX, IDS, DNS, AIX, SAN, YUM, User and Group management, Jumpstart, Shell scripting, GSX/VMware, Tomcat.