- Accomplished Software QA Professional with years of experience and proven record of significant and successful contribution in product quality, product - development life cycle methodologies, processes, standards at a varied range of companies.
- Experience in testing ASP, .Net web based applications, Logi and SQL based reports.
- Worked on Python and Selenium web driver to automate web based applications.
- Ability to clearly understand business requirements and transform them to test cases and scripts.
- Good knowledge of Networking protocols including UDP, TCP, FTP, SMTP etc.
- Good understanding of Storage area like iSCSI, RAID, DAS, NAS, SAN etc.
- Extensively used Altassian products JIRA, TestRail,Confluence, Hip Chat for project and bug tracking.
- Very comfortable working in both Agile and Waterfall development frameworks.
- Detail oriented with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all areas of software testing and release- including user experience, documentation, usability, content editing and publishing.
- Extensive experience in UI, Functional, Regression, Black Box, White Box testing and performance testing of Web Based Applications.
- Interact with all levels of personnel from technical to high level executive management.
- Self-motivated to learn and master new technologies.
Testing Tools: Selenium, Win Runner, Load Runner, Silk, and QTP.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Test Rail, Gemini, Bugzilla.
Operating System: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, UNIX
Databases: SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access
Sr. Software QA Engineer and Release Lead
Confidential, San Jose, California
- Deeply involved in UI, Functional, Regression (White Box and Black Box) and Performance testing of .Net application.
- Led multiple QA cycles using Agile Framework leading to successful completion of release to satisfy customer needs.
- Key player in Design, Deployment, Management and QA meetings to ensure all areas in SRDs (System Requirement Document) are covered.
- Actively participated in daily scrum meetings to make sure priorities were set as per schedule.
- Closely collaborated with team members to maximize use of available resources and prioritize as necessary.
- Intensely used Altassian products Jira, Confluence, Hip Chat etc. to coordinate between different teams to meet deadlines by making connections, clearing backlogs and closing loops on bugs.
- Wrote Test Plans and Test Cases using Test Rail covering full functionality.
- Tested numerous Logi reports involving complex revenue generating calculations.
- Identified procedures requiring improvements, suggested and implemented new processes which led to successful releases.
- Comfortable writing scripts in Python/ Selenium Webdriver to automate smoke test of the application covering login, logout, report generation etc.
- Attended defect triage meeting with Customer Service Representatives, Project Managers and Clients to ensure proper assignment of bugs reported based on priority.
- Attended nightly calls with members of different time zone and actively followed up on tasks needing attention during next day standup calls.
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Deeply involved in testing web based application written in asp.
- Wrote test cases covering overall functionality of the application.
- Responsible for customized XML edits for different form elements.
- Conducted functional, UI, Regression testing covering wide spectrum of test cases.
- Directly worked with customers on high priority revenue related issues and conducted root cause analysis to avoid reoccurrences of similar issues.
- Worked as a key player of QA team by addressing issues reported by CSRs/Account Managers.
- Helped developers by reviewed log files and worked closely with them providing detailed information on the bugs reported.
- Closely worked with DBA team by getting trace, running SQL queries providing most information of the bug being reported.
- Voluntarily helped other team members on need basis to ensure test cycle meets schedule as per Test Plan.
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, San Jose, California
- Conducted Functional and User Interface testing of web based application.
- Responsible for Regression test as and when new code got checked in assuring stability of application.
- Supported nightly calls and worked with off shore teams.
- Tested performance and functionality of many reports which involved incoming revenue to the company.
- Used bug tracking tool Gemini to write clear and concise bug reports.
Confidential, Fremont, California
- Wrote Test Plan and Test Cases for various Health Care Provider sites.
- Wrote scripts using WinRunner (TSL) to automate different web based applications.
- Conducted functional and GUI testing for different iProvider sites (Cigna, CareFirst, BlueShield Blue Cross etc.).
- Responsible for total quality of web based applications which involved creation of "Print on Demand" directories for different customers.
- Conducted cross-browser testing (IE, Netscape, Firefox etc.) to ensure total quality of application(s).
- Deeply involved in decision making of features and areas for automation.
- Closely interacted with developers and customers to understand the requirements and worked accordingly to ensure total quality of the application.