Around 6 years of IT experience as Cloud Engineer and DevOps Engineer with expertise in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Linux System administrator. I am holding the s in AWS Developer - Associate and Basic Chef Fluency Badge.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM models and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Designed, configured and managed public Cloud Infrastructure utilizing AWS Services like VPC, EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic Filesystem(EFS), RDS, DynamoDB, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, IAM, and Redshift. Auto Scaling, Glacier, Cloud Trial, Lambda, Elastic Cache, EMR, Service Catalog, Kinesis and Storage Gateway.
- Experience in solving manual redundant infrastructure issues by creating CloudFormation Templates using AWS’s Server less application model and deploy RESTful APIs using API Gateway and triggering Lambda Functions.
- Hands-on experience on Terraform for building, changing and versioning of Infrastructure and wrote Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Hands on experience in Shell and Python scripts to automate creation of AMIs through pre-boot and bootstrapping techniques.
- Strong Experience on Configuration Management (CM) tool Chef by configuring the Chef-Repo and setting up multiple Chef Workstations and experienced in writing Chef cookbook and Recipes to automate the deployment process and integrated with Jenkins jobs for Continuous delivery (CD) framework.
- Explicit knowledge on Ansible playbooks, modules, roles and used them in Cloud (AWS, Azure, Openstack) environments and experience with Ansible Tower to manage multiple nodes and manage inventory for different environments.
- CM Tools
- Ansible, Chef
- CI/CD and Build Tools
- Jenkins, Nexus, ANT, Maven, Gradle
- Container Tools
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Version Control Tools
- SVN, Git, Bitbucket, IBM Clear Case
- Monitoring Tools
- Nagios, Splunk
- Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOs, Debian, Solaris, SuSe
- Python, YAML, Java Script, Groovy, Bash, Perl, Ruby
- Web/Application servers
- Apache HTTP, Tomcat 7, Nginx, JBoss, Oracle/BEA Web Logic, IBM Web Sphere
- Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MySQL Server 2008
- Virtualization Tools
- Oracle Virtual Box, VMWare
- Master s in Computer Science from Kent State University.
- Bachelor s in Computer Science from JNTU-K.
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Little Rock AR
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2 , S3 bucket, RDS , EBS , ELB , Auto-Scaling , AMI , IAM through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Designed highly available systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling , Elastic Load Balance and AMIs .
- Experience in setting up databases in AWS using RDS , storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create custom sized VPC , Subnets to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used Amazon Identity Access Management ( IAM ) to manage users and roles and checking the health and utilization of AWS resources using AWS Cloud Watch .
- Worked with AWS code pipeline and creating CloudFormation JSON templates which is converted to Terraform for Infrastructure as code.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage configurations of AWS Nodes and Test playbooks on AWS instances using Python .
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers, managing host files, using YAML Linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules.
Environments : Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Cloud Formation, Terraform, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GIT, Nagios, JIRA, Python, Bash, Ruby, Linux, Kickstart.
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Built servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection (VPN).
- Implemented AWS lambda functions to run scripts in response to events in Amazon DynamoDB table or S3 bucket or to HTTP requests using Amazon API gateway.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier and configures Elastic Load Balancer with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Used Terraform scripts to automate instances for manual instances that were launched before and expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, kinesis) deployed via Terraform.
- Developed Chef recipes and Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Expertise in using Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, database, users mount points and packages.
- Written Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Worked with the Groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration (CI) pipeline where ‘Groovy Jenkins Plugin’ and ‘Groovy post-build action plugin’ is used as a build step and post build actions.
Environment: s: AWS, Azure, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, Maven, Tomcat, Splunk, Nagios, Jira, Python, Ruby, Perl, Linux, Kickstart, Java, .Net.