- Software Integrator and Devops Engineer for complex systems with around 6 years of experience in designing the CI/CD process including Software Configuration Management, development cycles, compilers, Server configuration, scripting, Continuous Integration, product packaging, installers and managing Release cycles under a variety of technologies.
- Hands on experience working with Version Control tools such as GIT and Apache subversion to perform various tasks such as create and edit configurations, creating repositories and assigning access parameters to users, branching repositories depending upon project requirements, Generating logs and reviewing changes.
- Experienced in AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EMR, AWS Workspaces.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, resource groups, express route, traffic manager, VPN, load balancing, application gateways, auto-scaling, reading Azure VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to Azure and creating availability sets in Azure.
- Experience with different cloud domains which includes Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure Cloud.
- Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure using a combination of Jenkins, Chef and Terraform for Automating CI/CD pipeline in AWS.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Performed configuration and deployment orchestration solution for system administrators who perform various tasks such as configuring, provisioning, troubleshooting and maintaining server operations using Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Worked on migration of offline database infrastructure to cloud using several database technologies such as Oracle DB, MySQL, NoSQL, AWS RDS, Dynamo DB and Redis.
- Worked on Redis queries to speed up the pipelining with request/response protocols to call several functionalities and operations associated with scripting rules, Worked on Pub/Sub messaging paradigms, Lua scripting/debugging for Redis scripts, Worked on memory optimizations, Integrating Redis Module APIs with several functionalities.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, Application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins. Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH, Managed configurations of AWS nodes and tested playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Developed Ansible scripts for AWS Orchestration and designed new back end services, Maintaining and expanding of AWS infrastructure.
- Expertise on working with Docker and Kubernetes to perform various tasks such as orchestrating the deployment, scaling and management of Docker containers, Docker images and Docker hub. Used Jenkins pipeline to drive all micro service build outs of the Docker registry and deployed to Kubernetes. Utilized Docker and Kubernetes for the run time environment of CI/CD system to build and test deploys.
- Experienced in splunk up gradations, troubleshooting splunk, migrating infrastructure and capacity planning. Responsible with splunk searching and reporting modules, knowledge objects, administration, add-ons, clustering and forwarder management. Monitored and created all forwarders in a centralized deployment server. Configured and deployed complex dashboards and reports in splunk. Used new relic add-on which includes field extractions and mappings for the splunk ITSI module for application performance monitoring.
- Extensive experience with configuration tools to create, change and improve infrastructure as code using Terraform. Deployed configuration management and provisioning to AWS using Packer-Docker and Terraform. Involved in automated deployment of EBS on AWS cloud EC2 instance server and automated the complete deployment environment on AWS. Created multiple Terraform modules to manage configurations, applications, services and automate installation process for web server and AWS instances.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
Database Systems: Oracle DB, MySQL, AWS RDS, Dynamo DB, Redis
Version Control Tools: GIT, Subversion, CVS, Bit bucket
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Web Sphere
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, PowerShell scripting
Application Servers: Web Logic Application server, Apache Tomcat
Volume manager: VERITAS volume manager, Logical Volume Manager
Monitoring Tools: Log Stash, Splunk, Nagios
Container Tools: Docker
Orchestration: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Operating system: Windows, Linux, UNIX
Cloud Management: VMware Cloud Management Suite
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and EBS etc.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins, Maven as build framework tools.
- Participate in Multiple Projects Architectures and Strategic Decisions meetings to Architect the new Software systems or modify the Existing ones.
- Designing and Implementing AWS cloud-based solutions for on premise applications.
- Responsible for automating the complete project using orchestrator and deploying the stacks in multiple environments.
- Deployed AWS using Terraform on EC2 instance server and automated the complete deployment environments.
- Migrated and automated cloud deployments using API's, Ansible, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Expertise in using IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Regular review and monitor each of your IAM policies to improve the security of your AWS account.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this Script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Used Cloud formation to spin up resources effectively, Creating blueprint documents and templates in Cloud formation. Orchestrated provisioning of desired resources using cloud formation.
- Implemented automation scripts for AWS API calls, wait loops, retry logic and several other operations using Cloud Formation. Achieved various operational results such as automatic rollbacks, cleanups and event logging and helpful AWS support using cloud formation.
- Used Terraform to automate, manage and provision infrastructure. Hosted webservers and load balancer for provisioning of resources to optimize the project.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs. Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups and Configured RDS instances using Cloud Formations and Terraform. Authored Terraform modules for infrastructure management. Authored and published a module to the Terraform registry for enterprise customers to deploy our product inside their AWS environment.
- Created reference Architecture and built Minimum Viable product (MVP) for containerization platform using Docker and Kubernetes. Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud. Installed and managed Kubernetes applications using helm and created private cloud that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments. Deployed Kubernetes Cluster with master/minion architecture and wrote many YAML files to create many services.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Worked on Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications, Docker swarm to host cluster and container scheduling, Docker compose to define multiple container applications.
- Experience with chef configuration management tool, responsible for managing chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef server from the work station, Established Chef best practices approach to system deployment and managing Chef Cookbooks as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled accordingly.
- Configured, Automated and Deployed Chef configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Ansible and Ansible tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage changes.
- Implemented Python code using Ansible Python API to automate cloud deployment process, Developed Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup continuous delivery pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible playbooks, Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Worked on Monitoring systems Nagios, Splunk and repository nexus.
- Configured Jenkins to create Docker image for build and performed tests on a Docker container.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploys.
- Managed development team of 6 members by sharing resources and assigning goals and tasks on daily and weekly basis and reporting to project manager on daily basis.
- Implemented Redis migration for higher optimization and better performance as well as scalability.
- Worked on memory optimization for faster query times and responses using Redis.
- Worked on Redis mass insertion while migrating.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Developed micro service on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Worked on AWS Kafka live stream module implementation with Kubernetes integration.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and micro service container orchestration.
Environment: Jenkins, Cloud formation, AWS, Confluence, Cloud watch, Ansible, Docker, RDS, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Weblogic, Nexus, EC2, Git, Chef, SNS, Redis, Ansible, shell/Perl, Amazon VPC, Json, PostgreSql, Bash, bitbucket, Python, Pom.Xml, Linux, Windows.
Confidential, North Charleston
- Automated Continuous Integration builds and release infrastructure for customized advertising and merchandising site and web service.
- Created resource group which includes virtual machines, network interface, virtual networks, SubNets, load balancers, storage accounts, functions and SQL databases.
- Created CI/CD Pipelines in Azure Devops environments by providing their dependencies and tasks.
- Created azure key-vault in order to store all the credentials for SQL databases and for API keys.
- Used Ansible to provision Azure services and managed those nodes.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers. All server's types where fully defined in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production within 30 minutes OS installation.
- Configured Jenkins for Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Ansible Server and to pick up the Build from repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Managed Azure instances with vRealize Operations Manager by building customized dashboards which give frequent updates on enterprise-grade metrics and intelligent alerts.
- Worked with automation tools which are pre-installed in azure Devops portal to build the packages. The automation tools like ANT and MAVEN with build.xml and pom.xml scripting languages depending on the packages like java or python or .NET.
- Integrate structured and unstructured data from on-premises and cloud data sources, transform data in big data and data warehouse engines, then load your data marts into Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Expertise in DevOps team, CI (Continuous Integration and, deployment, also provide automated deployments of full application stack using Jenkins/Docker, Ongoing migration of mixed CVS/SVN SCMs over to GIT, done deployment of Docker containers for development, as well as manage by maintaining RHEL 6/ CentOS servers run on diversified DevOps systems.
- Experience on Kubernetes for creating Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, Creation of Pods through new application and control the scaling of pods, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs.
- Designed, planned and implemented for existing On-Perm applications to Azure Cloud (ARM), Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts utilizing Azure stack (Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud Services and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Used Kubernetes for running/managing containers, images and container snapshots, while providing a platform for automating, deploying, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Solid experience in building Artifacts using various build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle and store back to Nexus, JFROG and Artifactory, efficiently run environmental jobs by using provisioning tools like Docker and Vagrant. And, also have experience on Bitbucket server.
- Performed several execution processes such as monitoring using Grafana, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack, sent notifications using Nagios, used Kibana for visualizing data and navigate the Elastic Stack and leverage the Elastic Maps Service to visualize geospatial data.
- Proficient in DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing, and involved in their installation, configuration, maintenance and implementation of services like NFS, LDAP, Apache SMTP, SSH, HTTP and RPM management, for administrating Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis, Uptime and Response time analysis.
- Implemented writing scripts like Bash, Ruby, Perl, Python, Shell and PowerShell, also created test scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services, and PowerShell scripts are created to automate common activities and test them.
- Moved database from on-premises and Azure cloud to a centralized data store in the cloud and monitored Copy Data activity in an Azure data pipeline.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins on AZURE.
- Worked on Monitoring systems Nagios and Splunk and repository nexus.
Environment: Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, Cloud formation, Confluence, Cloud watch, Chef, Docker, RDS, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Nexus, GIT, SNS, SQS, shell, Perl, Amazon VPC, Json, PostgreSql, Bash, bitbucket, Python, Pom.Xml, Linux, Windows.
- Implementing CI/CD using Jenkins Pipeline using Docker-Jenkins Integration.
- Responsibilities include developing complex build, test, provision, secure and deployment systems and providing support to a large community of developers and tester.
- Worked on Branching and Merging, Resolving Branching Strategy maintaining Branching strategy using GIT.
- Writing basic plays for On-premise Server Management.
- Implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker & Swarm, Maven and Jenkins.
- Executing builds and troubleshooting builds, Interaction with development and QA teams.
- Created Ansible Playbooks for Push Button Deployments through Jenkins.
- Managed Server configuration through Ansible Playbooks.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Test cases reports & Code Coverage details.
- Managed package repositories like Jfrog, Artifactory and Sonatype Nexus.
- Good team player and also have ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Well organized, results oriented individual with proven ability to implement standards, procedures and processes that improve business functionality.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
- Involved in Agile process, by-weekly Sprints and, daily Scrums to discuss the progress.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environment. Energetic and perseverant self-starter.
- Working on AWS cloud to manage and configure EC2, S3, EBS, AMI, ELB, AUTOSCALING, VPC etc.
Environment: Build infrastructure design, SCM, GIT, Docker Swarm, Ansible, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Configuration Management, Release Automation, Installers, Packaging, Build languages, Scripting, Shell, Ant, Maven, Linux, Apache Tomcat, Nexus, SonarQube, Monitoring tools, AWS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Install software, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Installation and configuration of Web Sphere (4.0) in Windows and Linux.
- Installation and configuration of DB2 v 7.2 in Windows.
- Configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Source, Virtual Hosting.
- Installed fix packs to overcome App server problems and installed IBM HTTP Server.
- Collection of JVM statistics, garbage collection data for monitoring the heap and physical memory.
- Responsible for performance of the J2EE Applications.
- Providing support to performance tuning.
- Deployment support for the J2EE Applications.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Creating SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and GIT servers, which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, merging, writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins, Nexus, SVN, Blade logic and WebSphere.
- Involved in troubleshooting the application using logs, traces etc.
- Monitoring the sites of reliance logistics and taking backups of the databases using DLT Tapes.
- Interacting with the clients and IDC people at DAKC.
- Involvement in the code movement required for site up gradation, enabling of firewall ports between servers for communication purposes.
Environment: Linux Servers in Virtualized environments, Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, configuration management tools, SVN, Jenkins, ANT, Load balancing, Firewalls, iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Agile, AWS, EC2, Docker, JIRA, PowerShell.