- Over 7 years of diversified IT experience with strong experience in Selenium Automation Web based & Client - server based applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Expertise in using testing tools such as Selenium (Selenium IDE, RC, GRID and Web Driver, QC), TestNG/JUnit, Maven/Ant, Cucumber, Jenkins and Soap UI.
- Expert using TestNG/JUnit framework for Unit testing, Maven/Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and GIT for Version Control.
- Professional Expertise in working on automation using Selenium Web driver and Java with Cucumber in Behavior-driven development (BDD) approached.
- Expert in developing the scripts to support Jenkins (Continuous Integration) of the scripts with the build server.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining Automation Frameworks (Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, and Page Objects)
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Software Testing, and Backed end Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Good working experience on SOAP UI for testing and validating various web services used in the application.
- Experience on working XML, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP and latest features like Policies and Services.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA and HP ALM.
- Expertise in Oracle, SQL Queries to validate data from the database tables and performed back-End Testing.
- Experience in testing applications developed using Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Confidential - Denver,CO
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to write detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium Web Driver. Creating, Organizing, and managing Test automation Resources.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Created unit test cases for business component and worked on API server-side System level test cases using TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Eclipse for automation in Hybrid model.
- Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites and groups.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Maintained the Selenium and Java Automation Code and resources in GIT.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Validated XML files as part of web services testing
- Performed the testing of Restful web services for mobile apps for the using SOAP UI.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Jira for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Participated actively in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning's and sprint retrospective meetings in the agile process.
- Actively participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings and daily bug triage meetings and interacted with developers and business analysts to ensure high quality of the application under test.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Soap UI, Eclipse, GIT, XPath, CSS, XML, Jira, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential - Parker, CO
Test Automation Engineer
- Reviewed the Business/ Functional/ System Requirement Specs, High Level Design Documents, and Detailed Design Documents.
- Created Automation script using Selenium WebDriver. Executed scripts on different browser and different platform.
- Used Java as client library for selenium WebDriver to design and developed automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE) . Contributed in framework creation.
- Created and maintained smoke/functional/regression scripts for web-based application using Selenium IDE, Java and TestNG.
- Run script as a batch file through Maven and generated testing report.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium and Cucumber framework.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Used various Selenium Locators using Firebug, Fire path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on like ID, name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS for identifying correct GUI elements in creating automation scripts.
- Validated Web Service modules using Soap UI tool (Preparing Web Service request and added authentication information in Soap Header.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API. Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services
- Developed, executed test cases and identified defects entered required information into Quality Center as they relate to Test Cases.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using agile methodology.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data)
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Eclipse, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Soap UI, Firebug, FirePath, CSS, XPath, Quality Center, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential - Lake George, CO
Automation Test Engineer
- Worked closely with business analysts and developers for thorough requirements review and developing test scenarios.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java.
- Developed re-usable function using TestNG for the Test Automation. Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Used Maven for building the Web Driver project.
- Responsible for deployments and maintaining the test servers by using Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Used Firebug and Fire path to write automated test scripts using XPATH.
- Performed Webservice Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using Soap UI.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Performed Defect tracking in HP ALM. Defects were linked via traceability to specific test case.
- Performed Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, Alpha Beta Testing, Adhoc testing, and static/dynamic testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Soap UI, Eclipse, Firebug, FirePath, XPath, XML, HP ALM, SQL and Windows.
Confidential - Denver, CO
- Interacted with Functional and Technical Leads/Developers for understanding the requirements.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Junit Frame work.
- Involved in designing and developing automated functional Test suite using Selenium IDE and WebDriver.
- Utilized testing tool Junit extensively for the integration testing and unit testing.
- Integrate Junit and Selenium Scripts with Build tool Ant.
- Involved in defining test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium Grid to test the compatibility of the tests across multiple servers to save time.
- Worked on White-Box server-side System level test cases using JUNIT.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on weekly basis.
- Worked with the team lead to coordinate the test case turnover process proceeding each cycle and selectively executed the test cases to verify that they are kept current.
- Involved in QA team meetings and gave updates to the QA lead/Project Manager on a weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, SOAP UI, MSWord, MS Excel, SQL, Windows XP.