- 6 years of experience in Linux administration and Executing DevOps strategy in various environments of Linux and Windows servers along with endorsing cloud strategies based on AWS and Azure.
- Experience in Architecting solutions for Microsoft Azure and worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search , and notification hub.
- Expert in configuring and maintaining Amazon Web Services which include services like Amazon EC2, ELB, Auto - Scaling, S3, Route53, IAM, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Elastic Cache, SNS, SQS,Cloud Front and Lambda EMR, OpsWorks, Elastic Beanstalk and focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto scaling in AWS CloudFormation .
- Extensively used Terraform in AWS Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layers to create and compose all the components necessary to run the applications.
- Experience with OpenStack Services such as Nova Compute, Network, Swift Storage, Dashboard, image, Identity, Monitoring, and Orchestration Service
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF ) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Expertise in setting up Docker daemon, Docker client, Docker hub, Docker swarm, Docker Console, Docker registries, Docker images from Docker file and handling multiple images by storing them in containers to deploy.
- Experience with build, design and maintain the platform automation infrastructure using Chef and Involved in setting up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripting and familiar with Knife in Chef .
- Research and implemented new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling, continuous integration, rolling updates with no downtime.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker Containers, Kubernetes Clusters, and Mesos and implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Extensively worked on Ansible Playbooks , Inventory files , Vault feature to configure the servers, deploy software, encryption of data file & orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates. Worked on Ansible Tower which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, & role-based access control.
- Automated the installation of ELK agent (filebeat) with Ansible playbook . Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire infrastructure. Created puppet manifests & modules to automate system operations.
- Implemented CI/CD for J2EE , SOA & Micro services Architecture Environment ( NodeJS, .Net Core, Zookeeper, Kafka , Redis) using Jenkins & uDeploy .
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN , Maven , and ANT .
- Expertise in using various repository management tools like Sonatype, Nexus and Artifactory to deploy and manage artifacts. Configured bug tracking tools like JIRA and Bugzilla .
- Expertise in configuring Log monitoring tools like ELK ( Elasticsearch, LogStash & Kibana ), Nagios , Splunk , Filebeat and Grafana to monitor logs of applications in prod and non-prod.
- Hands on experience with build and CI/CD tools like Bamboo , Hudson/Jenkins , TeamCity , Bamboo , Sonar , GitHub , and uBuild , Maven, BitBucket, ANT .
- Proficient with Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Power Shell, JSON, YAML, Groovy, Powershell scripting languages.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven , Apache Ant to write Pom .xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies using SCM tools Subversion, GIT and maintain build packages using Team Foundation Server ( TFS ).
- Experience in System Administration , System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX (Red Hat Linux) Systems
- Installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP , Auto mounts, Send mail and print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Installed, configured and managed the RDBMS databases like MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Cassandra DB .
- Expertise in Scrum Methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, build and release management and managed environments.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, implementation, and support on Red hat Linux, CentOS, SUSE and Ubuntu .
- Experience on working with VMware Workstation, Virtual Box, and Oracle Virtual Machine . Experience automating deployments on Servers using Blade Logic , JBoss, Tomcat, Web sphere .
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Openshift
Virtualization Platforms: Virtual Box, Vagrant, VMware
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI and Build Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, ANT, Maven
Application/Web Servers: Oracle Weblogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server 10g BEA WebLogic 8.1/9.2, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS
Scripting & Programming Languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Python, HTML, PHP, Java/J2EE, .Net, Groovy, JSON, Node.Js, Powershell, GO
Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, PCF, Open stack
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Nagios,Grafana,Filebeat
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, Mongo DB, MySQL, SQL, NOSQL
Version Controls: Subversion, Git, GitHub,BitBucket
Networking: LDAP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SSH, TCP/IP, NFS
Issue Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, Clear Quest
Confidential -Cincinnati, Ohio
- Administering different Cloud tools required by the global CCOE(Cloud Center Of Expertise) team and Design the workflow according to the requirements.
- Provide best practices and adoption of Cloud Launchpad to Launch various resources by Cloud Provisioning in AWS and Azure.
- Creating automated Build and deployment environments using Cloud Launch pad and Cloud provisioning techniques. Provide support, troubleshoot the issues encountered in the process
- Involve working on RedLock security Monitoring tool used for multi cloud environment in the Remediation process of cleanup to automate the Multi-Cloud Environment
- Proactively monitor on-going provisioning of server, incidents & management of infrastructure and implement them to keep our environment updated.
- Used Terraform to begin provisioning our existing AWS infrastructure for our developers applications and services.
- Write Powershell scripts to automate tasks like provisioning servers, installing, configuring packages and deploying applications on multiple servers in the Prod & Non-prod environments.
- Creating, Automating and Managing the firewall rules NSG and Security Groups in both Azure and AWS in the process of maintaining the security standards in the cloud environment.
- Working on GitLab for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments and providing high level documentation on the GitLab using Markdown Format
- Working on Visual Studio Code for making changes in the code and delivering changes into the Gitlab.
- Reviewing and Testing Cloud Formation Templates for various services in AWS and troubleshooting the issues
- Involved in working with Puppet and Chef by writing scripts in Ruby and YAML in the process of configuration management and automation
Confidential - Beachwood, Ohio
AWS Migration and Automation Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM,CodeDeploy,SMS,Workspaces) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and Created Workspaces for different users also used Workspaces for Active Directory, Health checks etc
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Windows 2008 and 2012 R2 servers and SMS Migration of servers that has Windows OS from VMware to the AWS console.
- Discovery of the servers on how the server is working, what application or website is running on the server, how the mapping is done with the server, finding the IP adress and the ports if DB server or hardware is connected to it.
- Hands on experience with the Sharepoint and OneNote usage on a daily basis for filling out the details of the server that are scheduled for migrated.
- Working with Users and Business team to determine the usage, properties and features of a particular server.
- Used AWS Lambda to run the code without provisioning or managing servers also executed the code for virtually any type of application or backend service with zero administration.
- Using the Lambda performed the code run and automated the scale up and down with high availability and automatically trigger from other AWS services or call it directly from any web or mobile app.
- Developed Ruby and Bash scripts to automate applications migration and monitor application health during migration.
- Authored Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision environments consisting of DB servers, WebSphere installations and profile creation.
- Created Migration documents and deployment guides for end user so that user can easily walk through and deploy the code without any issue.
- Maintain TFS, handling branching, Merging, tagging and release activities.
- Strong experience utilizing TFS for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from TFS and use VSTS itself to build using CodeDeploy Service
- Built Continuous Integration environment TFS with AWS Extensions and Continuous delivery environment.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
Environment: AWS EC2,S3,VPC,CloudWatch,CodeDeploy,CloudFront,ServiceCatalog,Cloudformation,IAM,AWS Workspaces, ELB,TFS, VSTS, Windows, Workspaces, Chef
Sr. Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Configured Azure cloud services, Azure storage , Azure active directory , Azure Service Bus . Created and managed Azure AD tenants and configured application integration with Azure AD .
- Provisioned Azure recourses like SQL Database, Web App, Storage Account, Redis Cache, Virtual Machine, IoT Hub, and HDInsight using Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Ensured in Azure services beyond basic IaaS functionality and Used Azure Resource Manager (ARM) to deploy, update, or delete all the resources for your solution in a single, coordinated operation .
- Identified opportunities to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes the Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure .
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HD Insight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM ), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Exclusively worked with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components, and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments or deployments on Cloud Foundry .
- Create, bind the user defined and built in services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). Build, Test and deploy applications by using pivotal cloud foundry
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Private Cloud Foundry(PCF) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Azure Nodes and Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python SDK.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks
- Integrated chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework and created roles, environments using chef handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deploying build on internal Data Centre Servers and re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into Azure VM.
- Design, build and manage the ELK ( ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) cluster for centralized logging and search functionalities for the App.
- Conducted POCs with Docker based applications, server configurations in cloud. Setup the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Used Docker Swarm and wrote Docker compose files in YAML for scaling and deploying app into Docker Stack .
- Used Kubernetes for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH .
- Managing major architecture changes from single server large software system to a distributed system with Docker and Kubernetes orchestration.
- Executed Kubernetes locally with MiniKube , Created local clusters and deployable application containers.
- Provided technical assistance and training in using tools such as Jira and Confluence tools and Worked with Querying RDBMS such as Oracle , MYSQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository and GitHub Enterprise. Used Jenkins , Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Installed Jenkins master and slave nodes and configure Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery and created Jenkins Pipelines using Groovy .
- Created and maintained build related scripts developed in ANT , Ruby and Python and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven .
- Configured Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x using kickstart (with FTP, HTTP, and NFS.), and interactive installation. Administration of DHCP, FTP, NTP, DNS, and NFS services in Linux.
Environment: & Tools: Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Terraform, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, Lambda, ELK, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, JIRA, Confluence, Shell Scripting, Jenkins, Splunk, Linux, PHP, Python, Node.js, Ruby, Java, Apache, Nginx, WebLogic RHEL, CentOS.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Migrated services from a managed hosting environment to AWS including service design, network layout, data migration, automation, monitoring, deployments and cutover, documentation, overall plan, cost analysis, and timeline.
- Used Terraform to create, change and improve production infrastructure and maintained versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently by custom in-house solutions.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications
- Configuring and deploying OpenStack Enterprise master hosts and OpenStack node hosts.
- Worked with OpenStack and OpenShift cartridge technologies and tools as well as managed their integration with application.
- Involved in designing and deploying a large application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM ) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Utilized AWS CLI (Command Line Interface) to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Managed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT and Route53 to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designed and architected cloud application deployment in OpenStack with Nova, Neutron, Keystone command line clients.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec and used to collect attributes on node.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to deploy new software and plugins .Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell .
- Created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm . Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages .
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler . Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins .
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Configured Jenkins Monitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
- Configured and administered Jenkins Pipelines by using Groovy for automated builds and responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, Stash, GitHub & Subversion .
- Worked on Windows PowerShell, Shell, python, Ruby for purposes of task automation and configuration management.
- Worked with Relational ( PL/SQL, Oracle ), Non-relational databases ( Mongo DB ), and Oracle RAC .
- Worked with administrators to ensure Splunk is actively and accurately running and monitoring on the current infrastructure implementation.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for RedHat Linux using kickstart .
- Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
Environment & Tools: Jenkins, GIT, Scala, Maven, Ant, Chef, AWS (EC2, EFS, S3, VPC, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Elasticsearch, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 (DNS), ECS, Cloud Formation, RDS, Dynamo DB, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM, RedShift, Ops Works), Openstack, RHOSPS, Jira, Shell Scripting, Splunk, Tomcat, SOX, WebLogic, WebSphere, Nexus, Kubernetes, Docker, UNIX, Linux and Windows, powershell.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer , and Autoscaling groups , Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2. Auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Automated deployment using configuration Management tool like Chef to provision AWS EC2 Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Created branching & tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository and Coordinated with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Created local, virtual repositories in Jfrog Artifactory and integrated with Jenkins .
- Working as part of Devops team for different internal automation and build configuration management. Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins , Nexus and Sonar
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD ) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases. Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles ( jar, war, ear ) of Oracle Fusion Middleware applications using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS and BUILD Pipelines, ANT , MAVEN . Deployed Java / J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds. Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management.
- Setup the Chef servers, chef work stations, chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various Chef nodes.
- Providing a test-driven development for Ansible by using Server spec. Written spec tests for checking if servers are configured correctly.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Nagios as IT infrastructure monitoring tool: monitoring host resources such as processor load, disk usage, system logs, monitoring applications, services and network protocols.
- Installed and configured Apache Webserver , WebLogic Application Server and Oracle databases. Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Automating various activities using scripting languages like Perl , Python, Ruby, PowerShell based on the requirements
- Built and engineered servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioned virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Cloud.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian JIRA , both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
Environment: AWS, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Ansible, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, TC Server, Tomcat, WSO2 (DSS, ESB and API Manager), Shell Scripts, XML, Data Center, UNIX,Nagios, Windows 7, Oracle, Service Now, Nexus Repository and Gerrit.
Build and Release Engineer
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apace Tomcat Server , Mail Server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Configured Bamboo plugins to pull code from Bitbucket and created a pipeline process where the code is built immediately after pulling by using build tools like Maven and after creating the artifacts are deployed into repositories Jfrog Artiactory .
- Installing Bitbucket Data Center on premise to merge the existing Bitbucket servers of individual companies in the organization to one source of platform for code repositories.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using GIT and GITHub .
- Worked on Branching, Tagging and Release Activities on Version Control Tools ( GIT ) and Setting up the GIT repos for Bamboo build jobs.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, has written MAVEN scripts and Python , Shell scripts to automate the build process.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM .xml.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Bamboo to move from one environment to other environments.
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool. Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Art factory, Perforce & GIT server.
- Involved in Setting up the backup server for Bamboo and prepared disaster recovery plans for bamboo .
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Installed and configured an automated tool PUPPET that include the installation and configuration of the puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Managed Puppet Enterprise for improvements to the Puppet Development Workflow that supports Unit Testing and Acceptance Testing for individual Puppet Modules. New Development workflow uses different open source tools like ServerSpec, Rspec, Vagrant and Packer to validate changes across different Puppet modules.
- Involved in developing the ruby scripts for Puppet and create Puppet modules to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure.
- Designed and developed various modules of the application with J2EE design architecture, Spring MVC architecture using IOC and for dependency injection and used Spring Batch for scheduling and maintaining of batch jobs
- Designed and developed SOAP web services that support XML for other developers to access to speed up development
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks. Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Kept information organized and accessible with a flexible page hierarchy using Atlassian Confluence pages
- Proficient in installation and configuration of various Packages and Patches in Linux utilizing Red Hat Satellite Server
- Worked on implementation and troubleshooting of network services like NFS, FTP, NTP , Telnet, SSH .
Environment: Linux, RHEL, GIT, Chef, Puppet, Bash Scripting, Python, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss Application Servers, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Linux