- 8+ years of IT industry experience on Middleware, F5 and OpenShift Administration.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Trouble - Shooting and Maintenance of BEA WebLogic Server 9.x/10.x/11g/12c, IBM WebSphere, Jboss, Tomcat and Apache Web Server on different UNIX flavors and environments.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of WebLogic Server in various Window, Linux, and Solaris environments.
- Good experience in Administration of WebSphere Application Server including Installation, Configuration, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Experience in installing, configuring and trouble-shooting Apache Webserver on Linux platform or Solaris platforms.
- Experience in Tomcat 6.x/7.x/8.x
- Experience in Administration, installation, configuration and tuning for Jboss application server.
- Experience in setting up environments on BIP-IP/F5 load balancer for high availability.
- Good working experience in configuring VIP, Pools, members and profiles on F5 load balancer.
- Good understanding on architecture of LTM and GTM load balancers.
- Experience in Building and deploying the applications on OpenShift Pods.
- Configured Secrets, config maps, services and routes in OpenShift.
- Automation of OpenShift operations using Jenkins as orchestrating tool.
- Creating Jenkins jobs for automation of DevOps tools.
- Extensive experience in finding Memory Leaks and adjusting JVM Heap Sizes.
- Extensive experience in setting up multiple Domains, including Machines, Managed servers, Node managers across Clustered WebLogic environments.
- Deployed various WAR, JAR, EAR and RAR applications in clustered environment using Admin console, Shell scripts & WLST scripts for WebLogic and using CLI for Jboss.
- Experience on both stand-alone server and clustered environments for WebLogic Server Administration.
- Experienced in writing WLST scripts to automate admin tasks
- Good working experience in server side java programming using J2EE technologies- Servlets, Applets, JSP 1.x, JDBC, RMI, JDNI, EJB
- Monitored server resources using Splunk, ScienceLogic and AppDynamics monitoring tools.
- Experience in configuring Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool in various environments.
- Configuring and installing JDBC drivers and providers and testing the established connections for Jboss and WebLogic servers.
- Experience in setting High Availability and clustering for WebLogic domains.
- Good experience on creating dashboards and alerts to monitor the server logs on Splunk tool.
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication
- Documenting the activities performed or issues resolved for future references.
- Experience in configuring and administration of connection pools for JDBC and JMS connections.
- Experience in Installing and Configuring LDAP Server and integrated with WebLogic Application Server.
- Knowledge of different Databases like Confidential, MSSQL, apart from setting up and integrating them with application servers
- Integrated Apache webserver with WebLogic servers using plugins.
- Experience in installing and configuring Confidential HTTP Web server 2.0
- Proven technical skills in Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning and Performance Monitoring of WebLogic Server
- Provided on call support for development and production teams.
- Extensive usage of Verbose GC for JVM monitoring in performance tuning.
- Having good understanding on Garbage collection and performance tuning of Garbage collection.
Application Servers: WebLogic 9.x/10.x/11g/12c, Jboss 6x,7x, IBM WebSphere 7x
Web Servers: Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, Confidential HTTP Web Server
Operating Systems: Unix, Solaris (8, 9, 10), Linux
Tools: /Utilities: BIP-IP/F5 load balancer, SiteMinder, TOAD, Eclipse3.0, BladeLogic Automation Tool, ScienceLogic, Splunk, JRockit Mission Control, DevOps, Load balancing, SQL Developer, JIRA, Wiki, Confidential ESB, AppDynamics
DevOps tools: Jenkins, Bitbucket, OpenShift, Ansible, Helm
Scripting Languages: WLST, Python, XML, HTML, Shell Scripts and Groovy script.
Sr. Middleware Administrator
Environment: IBM BPM 8.5/8.6, IBM WAS 7x, F5 Load Balancer, IBM IID, IBM ODM
- Upgradation of IBM BPM instances from 8.5 to 8.6 version.
- Upgradation of JDK from 1.7 to 1.8 version on WAS servers.
- Supported Production issues and configurations for the IBM BPM Environment.
- Installed Fix packs for the WebSphere Application server 7.x
- Worked in production, Development and QA Environments
- Created automation scripts to get the health status of Cluster and Cluster members of WebSphere applications servers using wsadmin
- Created automation scripts to get the status codes of webservers.
- Deployed J2EE components on WAS 7.x using WAS Admin console
- Installation of WebSphere server 7x.
- Configuring resources like JDBC Provider, JNDI configurations, and configuring session management
- Troubleshooting applied by setting the logging and tracing using changing the log detail levels
- Supported the team for Live Release
Sr. Middleware/F5/OpenShift Administrator
Environment: WebLogic server 11g, Jboss application server, Apache Web Server 2.2, Tomcat, BIP-IP load balancer, JDBC, Confidential DB, ScienceLogic monitoring tool, AppDynamics, Splunk, WLST, Unix Shell Script, Service Now ticketing tool, Jenkins, Bitbucket, OpenShift, Ansible and Helm
- Supported WebLogic server 11g, Jboss domains for development and testing environments on Solaris and Linux platforms.
- Configured and monitored application and server’s performance on monitoring tools like ScienceLogic, AppDynamics and Splunk.
- Coordinating with teams for patching and upgrade activities.
- Creating Namespaces for the OpenShift projects.
- Providing required access to the users for the Projects.
- Understanding the requirements and providing the work flow for the projects.
- Extensively used Bitbucket tool as a repository for all the projects.
- Designing the architecture and standards for the Bitbucket repositories.
- Worked on creating OpenShift templates for automating the build and deploy process.
- Deployed the applications using deployment configs and deployments on OpenShift pods.
- Setting up the static routes for the applications.
- Configuring config maps, Secrets, services, routes and Pods.
- Automating build and deploy the applications using Helm charts.
- Roll backing the revisions using Helm tool
- Configured VIP’s, pools and members for projects on F5 load balancer.
- Importing certs on F5 and adding certificates to SSL profiles.
- Creating and configuring Irules as per the project requirements and application workflow.
- Installed and configured Apache 2.2 and Tomcat for internal project tools.
- Requesting Firewall and DNS changes and validating once the changes are completed.
- Providing access to the developers for server and admin console on newly build domains.
- Setting up WebEx calls to triage the issue and working with development teams to solving the issues.
- Assisting dev teams for Fixing day-to-day problems of the applications on 24/7 schedule.
- Communicating with the management and development teams to update the status of activities going on in the project.
- Fine tuning the JVM’s by testing various java and GC arguments to increase the performance of application server.
- On call support on weekends for any patching activities.
- Coordinating with offshore team and providing project activity updates.
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions for the applications in development and testing phases.
- Worked with Testing and performance teams to ensure the workflow and performance is satisfactory after every deployment.
- Wrote scripts for maintenance of servers like clearing old logs, temp space and war files.
- Worked on shell scripts to monitor the server’s health.
- Deployed different Java J2EE applications like WAR, JAR and EAR on both stand alone and clustered environment of WebLogic and Jobs servers.
- Configured and administered JNDI, JDBC Connection Pools, Multi Pools and Data Sources on WebLogic Server.
- Worked with SSL team to get the public/private certs based upon the project requirement.
- Analyzed the parameters of garbage collection and Heap size for performance tuning of JVM.
- Analyzed Heap Dump to find memory leak and big objects for the JVM’s having out of memory issues using MAT tool.
- Wrote Shell scripts, CLI scripts and WLST scripts for the automatic startup and shutdown, backup and recovery process of managed servers.
- Executing DB scripts on TOAD and SQL tools after the deployments.
- Involved in Configuration management, Change management, Performance monitoring and Application maintenance.
- Involved in setting up the disaster recovery (DR) environments.
- Suppressing alerts for any maintenance or planned outages.
Sr. Middleware Administrator
Environment: WebLogic server 11g, Jobs application server, Apache Web Server 2.2, Tomcat, BIP-IP load balancer, JDBC, Confidential DB, ScienceLogic monitoring tool, Splunk, WLST, Unix Shell Script and BladeLogic Automation tool.
- Administration, maintenance, support and scaling of Application Servers (WebLogic and Jboss and WebSphere).
- Worked as Administration, installation, configuration and tuning for Confidential SOA suite.
- Experience in setting High Availability and clustering for SOA suite.
- Creating standalone, custom and deployment manager profiles on WebSphere servers
- Worked on automating the everyday tasks of WAS using wsadmin.
- Creating cluster setup in WebLogic and WebSphere (Vertical & Horizontal)
- Deployment of J2EE applications, Service oriented applications on WebSphere Application Servers
- Configured and monitoring for high availability of servers from BIP-IP/F5 load balancer
- Experience in deployment in SOA suite with Stage, No-stage, External stage modes.
- Created repositories using RCU (Repository Creation Utility).
- Worked on Jrockit, WebLogic, SOA suite, Confidential Access Manager, Web Tier and Web gate in GUI, Console and Silent mode.
- Performed installation, deployment and supported with http/https web servers using OHS, Apache HTTPD2.x and J2EE application Server WebLogic.
- Installed, Configured and administered of Confidential WebLogic Server, and Web servers like Apache, iPlanet in Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Worked on upgrading the environment from WebLogic 10.0MP2 to 10.3.6.
- Deployed applications (WAR, JAR and EAR) using WLST, Anthill, Sun N1 Service Provisioning System.
- Installed and Configured Apache Web Servers, as a proxy plug in for WebLogic Server
- Maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over for the servers.
- Installed and Configured OHS, IIS Plug-ins for WebLogic.
- Configured and created JMS queues & topics, Connection Factories, Data sources, bridges & connections pools & multi connection pool.
- Performance tuning/troubleshooting and in depth WLST scripting knowledge for performing regular tasks.
- Installed BEA patches using Smart Update tool and troubleshooting application and post-installation issues.
- Analyzed the parameters of garbage collection and Heap size for performance tuning of JVM.
- Used BMC Remedy and service now to generate problem tickets.
- Installed and Configured Wily Introscope and JProbe agents to monitor WebLogic servers.
- Worked with Web-based applications, SOA and Web application servers.
Environment: WebLogic Server 9.x/10.x, Apache Tomcat 6.x, UNIX, Apache Http Server 2.x, Apache Web server, SSL, JDK 1.x, Confidential JMS, EJB, JSP, Servlets, ANT, WLST, BPEL, Confidential SOA and Jira.
- Installation and configuration of WebLogic server 9.x/ 10.x on production environment.
- Node Manager Configuration - remote managed server start and stop. SSL communication between admin server and node manager
- Configured cluster (horizontal and vertical) for high availability, failover and load balancing.
- Configured JDBC connection pools, multi pools and data sources.
- Configured JMS server, JNDI, connection factory, migratable targets and persistent storage.
- Deployed J2EE applications like WAR, JAR and EAR applications.
- Responsible for performance tuning of JVM.
- Analyzed thread dumps for memory leakage and garbage collection parameters for performance tuning of JVM.
- Knowledge of installing, configuring and administration of Apache HTTP 2.0 Web Server and Tomcat 6.1
- Configured with standalone Managed Servers and Clusters of managed servers on Tomcat 6.1
- Worked as a system admin for UNIX (specifically Solaris) and Windows servers
- Administration of active applications which monitor the application server including installation of plug-ins for Apache Webserver.
- Implemented User, Groups and roles in LDAP directory server using Netscape directory server
- Developed crontab scripts for timely running jobs and provide server status.
- Wrote Shell scripts, Ant scripts and WLST scripts for the automatic startup and shutdown, backup and recovery process, and health monitoring of WebLogic servers.
- Configured SSL for secured communication between applications
- Configured Apache Http Server 2.x to proxy requests to WebLogic Server by installing Web Server Plug-In.
- Worked as primary for P1 issues and closing with in SLA’s.
- On-call support in Weekends.
- Respond to escalated user issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Log files analysis for troubleshooting and provide RCA.
- Application Deployment (WAR, JAR, EAR) in Domain and Clustered environments
- Confidential database used as primary relational database
- Support for BPEL environment.
- Installation and configuring of OBIEE environment.
- Creation of DB Schemas and DB tables.
- Analyze the issue after detailed troubleshooting of the alert and make sure that the issues are fixed & the alerts are cleared as per SLA.
- Updating the activities on wiki pages with detailed instructions and sharing among the team mates,
- Providing the status updates for the tasks assigned every week.
Environment: WebLogic server 11g, Jboss application server, Apache Web Server 2.2, Tomcat, BIP-IP load balancer, JDBC, Confidential DB, ScienceLogic monitoring tool, Splunk, WLST, Unix Shell Script and BladeLogic Automation tool.
- Install, configure and administer BEA WebLogic Server 10/11g in various environments
- Involved in migration of the server from WebLogic 10g to 11g
- Installation, changing the configuration settings, building and deploying services, monitoring in BEA Aqua Logic Service Bus
- Used Confidential Service Bus as an SOA integration platform for managing interactions between heterogeneous services and ESB instances across the enterprise wide service network.
- Extensive experience in using Confidential Application Integration Architecture Foundation Packs to create business processes across applications, control and visibility over the business process integrations and strategic transformation
- Involved in developing portals including J2EE library file configuration, custom controls in page flow and visitor tools configuration
- Experience in handling Java and Sun Hotspot JVM tuning
- Involved in configuration management, software deployment, change management, performance monitoring, and application maintenance.
- Used configuration wizard and Admin Console extensively to create and manage WebLogic domains.
- Deployed the applications like formats of WAR, JAR, and EAR in WebLogic 10g.
- Configure and administered of JDBC, JMS, JNDI, SNMP in WebLogic Server
- Install, configure and administered of Bea WebLogic Server in various environments
- Installed fix packs to overcome Application server problems.
- Involved in managing releases of products from development to QA to Pre-Production and Production.
- Deployed J2EE Application using BladeLogic automation tool.
- Assembled and Deployed the application in staging and in productions following change management practices and 24/7 support, worked in shifts.
- Involved in deploying the EAR files and scripting automated deployment of the applications.
- Involved in security for enterprise class Java based Application Server.
- Upgraded the existing Java version from 1.6 versions to 1.7 on all pre-prod and prod environments.
- Involved in trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and log analyzer.
- Installed and Configured WebLogic 10g Application Servers/WebLogic Integration, Domains, Clusters on AIX, Solaris and wrote shell scripts for automation of WebLogic startup, and for log maintenance.
- Worked on database exports and imports of schemas and tables on scheduled maintenance.
- Tuned the TCP-related parameters in Operating System Level to improve system performance and reduce dropped connections.
- Configured and maintained WebLogic server with JDBC Connection Pool, JMS, JNDI, SNMP and J2EE Services.
- I used to interact with Development Teams for Application Architecture changes, with respective to WebLogic configurations.
- Developed and maintained shell scripts that facilitate the Administration of BEA WebLogic.
- Troubleshooting, Load balancing, Testing and Code Profiling to measure the performance of the various applications deployed in WebLogic Server.
- Developed many shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebLogic and recover the backed up WebLogic configuration.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebLogic Application Server.
- Supported on call 24/7 for Production support.
- Configured SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and obtained digital certificates, private key for WebLogic server to provide secure connections.
- Installed, Configured Splunk, and created Dashboards for different domains.
- Worked on Upgrading Wily Introscope 7.2.5 to Wily 8.2.3.
- Worked in deploying and managing / administering Weblogic based applications (Apache, Tomcat, and JBOSS).
Environment: WebLogic Server, Wily Introscope, Sun One, J2EE, Web Services, LDAP, EJB, JDBC, XML, AIX, Solaris, Windows, SQL Server.
Environment: WebLogic server 11g, Apache Web Server, Tomcat, JDBC, Confidential DB, WLST, Unix Shell Script.
- Supported dev and test environments as L1 support.
- Installed WebLogic and apache webserver on sandbox and DEV environment for application teams
- Supporting the development teams for deployments and configuring databases.
- Created WLST scripts to automate deployments.
- Automated scripts using WLST to collect the statistics of the WebLogic environments.
- Setting up alerts for the WebLogic to send email when the resources reach the threshold values.
- Fine tuning the JVM for increasing the performance of servers.
- Applying WebLogic patches for the DEV environments in the maintained window
- Configuring JDBC connections and fine tuning the connection pools as per the load.
- Automate the deployments and restarts using WLST and shell scripts.
- Integrating apache to the WebLogic servers.
- Configuring cluster to load balance the traffic to the applications.
- Upgrading the Java versions for all the instances.
- Archiving the logs every frequent time to clear up the space on filesystems.
- Monitoring alerts and dashboards to maintain high availability of the environments.