- Experience of around 3+ years in Ruby on Rails (Ruby 1.9.3, 2, 2.1, 2.2 and Rails 4) on developing user friendly and efficient web - based applications specific to client's unique needs.
- Experience in design analysis, application development, debugging, testing and documentation of the various phases in a software development life cycle.
- Outstanding ability to use the best practices in Ruby on Rails development.
- Special skills in developing user friendly, simple yet effective web based applications
- Well-Versed in Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture using Rails, Struts, Spring framework and Hibernate.
- Expertise in Agile software development a framework that delivers customer collaboration and interaction with processes and tools.
- Experience in implementing Rails Migrations and Active Record, Action Pack, Action Mailer.
- Proficient in JRuby, Ruby on Rails implementation in building web applications.
- Design and implemented intranet applications using Ruby on Rails and Postgre Sql on Heroku Cloud Packages and Triggers on databases like MySQL, PostgreSql, and Oracle, MongoDB.
- Implementing RoR upgrades and patches and publishing Ruby Gems. Using Ruby Gems.
- Developed and tested many features in an AGILE environment using Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, JQuery, JIRA, Crucible, HTML5, Rspec, SAML, AWS, JRuby, SSO, Advanced JS (Node.js, Twitter Bootstrap).
- Comprehensive experience in developing projects using Agile methodology and Scrum framework.
- Experience on Core Java technology which includes multithreading, JDBC, RMI, network programming.
- Developed well-tested, readable, reusable web based GUI's using JSP, HTML5, XHTML, and CSS.
- Full life cycle experience in highly secure, extremely large-scale deployments of very high volume of critical data with extensive security.
- Extensive experience in Java script, XML, JQuery, HTML5 and coffee script.
- Experience in Java script frameworks like angular.js, backbone.js, Node, Moo Tools, Dojo.
- Experience with majority of the GEMS and libraries for the version of the ruby/rails.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC architecture of Rails 2.3.8 framework and Ruby 1.8.7 conducting code reviews.
- Hands-on experience using GitHub, Amazon EC2, Git and deployment using Heroku.
- Experience in deploying of applications in WEBrick, Phusion passenger and functional usage with Apache Tomcat Server, JBoss Server and Weblogic Server.
- Experience in deploying web-applications using Capistrano.
- Extensive knowledge of Web development, from concept through implementation and optimization.
- Worked on Integrated Development Environments like WSAD, Eclipse, Text Mate, Net Beans and RubyMine. Proficiency in multiple databases like MySQL, ORACLE 9i, MS SQL Server 2000, PostgreSQL.
- Applied skills in software development, architecture, design, and support for new and existing products.
- Good experience in writing test cases and testing applications using Rspec, Cucumber and Capybara.
Confidential- Seattle, WA
Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer
- Worked in the design and development phases as lead of the application using ROR framework.
- Used Rails, AJAX, JSON, CSS and JQUERY to design the front end of the application. Back end of the application is developed mainly using Active Records.
- Input validations were done using Rails Validation functions.
- Involved in developing and implementation of the web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC architecture of Rails framework and Ruby conducting code reviews.
- User Interface for website with ERB, JQuery, RJS, Ruby, Ajax for View, Controller, Model in Ruby on Rails Framework on Mac OS X and Operating System.
- Worked with Active record Classes from Rails Console for Database programming, which also involved writing active record validations.
- Designed and developed the web applications and interface using Ruby, Rails, and AJAX.
- Developed and implemented flagship e-commerce platform using Ruby on Rails and Mongo db.
- Designed and developed the frontend application using Rails, CSS, AJAX and JQuery.
- Wrote ruby scripts for deployments onto AWS and Continuous Integration provisioning.
- Developed web applications with W3C XHTML, HTML5, CSS3 standards and using Ruby, Rails, Git and Heroku.
- Developed stored procedures compatible with MYSQL in ruby.
- Developed solutions using Ruby on Rails and Active Record and integrated gems, plug-in etc.
- Created Ruby on Rails API for Angular front end mobile home sharing app.
- Created and modified code within a Ruby on Rails-based application
- Ruby on Rails-based platform via decoration, extensive use of view models, and additional customer based customizations
- Involved in developing and implementation of the Back-end web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed site-utilizing Ruby on Rails on Mac OS, upheld by MySQL and Capistrano to automate and facilitate the Developed site-utilizing Ruby on Rails on Mac OS, upheld by MySQL and Capistrano to automate and facilitate the deployment process on Phusion Passenger server. Utilized RHTML, YAML, RJS and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to outline the site pages.
- Worked on the MySQL migration project to make the system completely independent of the database being used. Used Spring IBatis to implement this.
- Created a Rich Single Page Application using HTML, CSS, JSP, JSON, AngularJS, React.js, Node.js, bootstrap.js, backbone.js.
- Involved in Cassandra data modeling going through the phases of creating Conceptual model, Application flow, Logical model, Physical Optimization, Final Physical model.
- Create new PL/SQL stored procedures for new Oracle Forms and Reports development
- Implementing IOC and Dependency Injection features in various aspects of Spring Framework (Core, Web, JDBC, MVC and DAO). Also Developed hibernate mappings to tables using JPA annotations.
- Used REST WebServices for creating rate summary and used WSDL and SOAP messages for getting insurance plans from different module and used XML parsers for data retrieval
- Configured JMS Server setup and DB Connection pool setup & deployed Returned items in Weblogic.
- Worked on stored procedures, triggers, cursors, DB scheduler, PL/SQL, MySQL and SQL queries
- Developed automation test cases using Java and Junit on Eclipse application.
- Agile/SCRUM was used as the project management methodology and JIRA & Confluence were the tools used to keep things in check.
- Installed and configured the development environment using Web-logic on Windows NT
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Ruby on Rails developer
- Developed Model View Controller (MVC) architecture based Web Applications in Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js and Code Igniter.
- Coded model level validation using Ruby programming with emphasis in web security.
- Used jQueryUI to traverse through a DOM tree and manipulated the nodes in the tree.
- Used JQuery and JQuery UI widgets. Used Theme roller to customize and patent client specific theme designs.
- Used Jenkins for continuous Integration and Maven to Build.
- Responsible for the review, testing & evaluation of operating system updates & application software on Linux servers.
- Used Rails and JQuery to design the front end of the application. Back end of the application is develop mainly using Active Records.
- Managed large sets of data using Oracle and MySQL databases.
- Used Jenkins for continuous Integration and Maven to Build.
- Utilized tools such as Bamboo for Continuous Integration and build automation and Crucible and Fisheye for Code review.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture of Rails framework and Ruby conducting code reviews.
- Generated Java classes from the respective APIs so that they can be incorporated in the overall application.
- Designed UI for the application's structure, navigation, appearance, interaction conventions, and business features. Created diagrams, wireframes, and HTML/CSS prototypes. Wrote use cases, UI specifications and a UI Style Guide.
- Edited CSS and HTML/XML source code to customize product appearance to match customer web sites.
- Proficient in using RDBMS concepts with Oracle, MySQL and MSSQL and experienced in writing SQL, PL/SQL, functions, stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Created a demo website running on a Node.JS, using the Express framework, Jade, and Backbone.JS with Mustache.JS for front end MVC/ templating.
- Involved in writing Unix Shell Script for performing automated tasks.
- Wrote Python code embedded with JSON and XML to produce HTTP GET request, parsing HTML data from websites.
- Implemented Backbone.js and React.JS to create a dynamically changing website.
- Developed an Angular.JS workflow manager leveraging Angular-UI's state router for flexible configuration and management of multi-step user input flows.
- Leveraged angular resources for all data access, encapsulating URLs and standardizing data access interfaces.
- Designed and implementing a Node.JS based mobile text and voice messaging app and its cloud backend.
- Created web application prototype using Angular.JS.
- Implemented a Node.JS server to manage authentication.
- Involved in developing and implementation of the Back end web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Used Active Records for Database Migration and also involved in using Active Resources, Fixtures, Action View and Action Controller in Rails framework.
- Caching contents for Rails is used and queries are optimized for analyzing and improving large scale application efficiency.
- Wrote and tuned DB2 SQL Queries to perform CRUD operations.
- Integrated React.JS components into the Angular.JS application to make webpages more responsive and efficient.
- Developed SQL and PL/ SQL scripts for transfer of data between databases.
- Built and configured WebSphere Portal components including navigation, menu, and content view portlets.
- Used WSAD Application Server to deploy this application.
- Worked with Jasmine for writing unit test cases along with functionality and integrated test cases.
- Developed UI components for email and link sharing of documents and files for a Content. Management System using Backbone.JS.
- Configured Maven dependencies for application building processes that created Pom.xml files.
Confidential , Palo Alto, CA
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Worked actively involved in writing web services in Ruby and JRuby to fetch the data from a customized SQL database and serve the requests from the front-end accordingly.
- Involved in consuming the requests from the API and the front-end and making calls to the HBase to retrieve the data that is used in building various SQL queries. These queries are in-turn used to hit the database and retrieve the required results.
- Involved in optimizing the already existing services.
- Increased the efficiency of the service by using the Redis caching mechanism.
- Customized the existing gem bunny and developed a new gem called march hare in JRuby to in corporate the RabbitMQ technique into the services.
- Involved in consuming the requests from API/frontend through a particular queue and a routing key and serving the requests through the same queue and routing keys.
- Involved in developing some customized gems like cache hash that are used for caching.
- Involved in creating a connection pool for the database connections to avoid connection failures using the Sequel gem.
- Also scheduled some jobs that needs to be run periodically using the Rufus Scheduler gem.
- Also involved in writing web services in GO-Lang to fetch data from the HBase.
- Involved in writing web services in GO-Lang to retrieve huge chunks of data in batches and keep them updated periodically.
- Partially involved in developing the API in PHP.
- Involved in validating the schemas (contracts) between front-end and back-end.
- Implemented Rspec and MiniTest as the testing framework for the services.
- Used AngularJS and jQuery mostly in developing the front-end side of the application.
- Used D3.js for visualizing the data coming from the back-end by building graphs and maps.
- Gather, interpret and analyze functional specifications and user requirements described in JIRA User Stories and Tickets. And also analyze/identify the additional issues/bugs related to User Stories fixed OR In progress.
- Responsible for design, development & testing of an efficient, salable, generic and performance effective coding.
- Responsible for Code-Review and enforce business standards and code standards are in place.
- Guided and supported the team, for Technical and logical issues during implementation.
- Trouble Shoot the legacy and new system for maintaining the data hygiene and also assist in troubleshooting issues across Development, Test and Production environments.
- Develop documentation and material in support of installation and setting up the environment, and also document and propose the design development and implementation plans.
- Test concurrent requests in running instance of service.
- Ensure multiple instances can run nicely together and Constant API Validation.
- Used Stash/BitBucket for version control.
- Used RubyMine for development and debugging.
- Mainly used Linux flavors such as Ubuntu and CentOS for developing.
- Followed the Agile Methodology throughout the development.
- Attended the daily Stand-up meetings and also participated in the Sprint Planning and ending meetings as we followed Scrum framework throughout the planning, development and the deployment phase of the project.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
Ruby on Rails developer
- Developed important Business guidelines which are useful for the scope of project and needs of customers.
- Involved in Preparing and analyzing the System Requirements Specifications (SRS) for a project and interacted with client during requirements specifications.
- Created database schema for PostgreSQL Database and helped to draw ER-Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Modeled both low-level and High-level documentation for entire application which involved creating Use-case diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Entity Diagrams.
- Used Ruby on Rails in coding the application in End-to-End web application development.
- Designed the front-end using CSS and HTML5 framework while back-end is developed using MVC framework.
- Created Restful http services to give better interaction for the user to the UI.
- Migrated database using Active Records also used Action Controller, Active Resources, Fixtures and Action View in Rails.
- Used Active Records in developing the methods for Create, Read, Update and Delete (CURD).
- Made required modifications and added new features using Rails finder methods, filters and model scopes in the application.
- Worked closely with Product Management and User Experience experts to work on the product definition, schedule, scope and to take project-related decisions.
- Designed a mobile search application system requirements and coded back-end and front-end in Ruby on Rails.
- Exercised Test-Driven Development with Rspec tool and used Cucumber and Capybara for the Behavior-Driven development.
- Used W3C XHTML, HTML5, CSS3 standards and Ruby, Rails, Git and Heroku for developing web applications.
- Rendered the requested changes, trouble reports and requirement collection by being interactive with the client.
Confidential, RALEIGH, NC
Sr. Web Developer
- Developed GUI screens for XTT & LD application using JSP, HTML and CSS.
- Extensive experience in developing Ruby Gems and scripting using Ruby Core, jruby and Ruby Standard Libraries.
- Proficient in design and implemented intranet applications using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL on Heroku Cloud Packages and Triggers on databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Designed the front end of the application using Rails, CSS, HTML, jQuery and JSON.
- Development using Ruby On Rails, Angular JS, Elastic Search, TDD
- Developed automation test using Ruby, JRuby, Rspec Watir for Browser testing, Cucumber in Ruby for SLT
- Created data validation scripts for data validation (Ruby).
- Created blog posting tool using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed internationalization testing tools, using Ruby, Python and Visual Basic.
- Coded model level validation using Ruby programming with emphasis in web security.
- Front end expertise using HTML and CSS, and also managing Ruby on Rails layouts and views.
- Implemented a Node.js server to manage authentication.
- Implemented web based front-end using HTML, CSS, JQuery, and AngularJS
- Involved in developing the UI panels using JSF, XHTML, CSS, DOJO and JQuery.
- Set up the deployment environment on Web Logic Developed system preferences UI screens using JSP and HTML.
- Developed web Components using JSP, Servlets and Server side components using EJB under J2EE Environment.
- Rich UI development experience and well versed in client side technologies like AngularJS, jQuery, BackBone.js, Google Widget Toolkit, Sencha UI
- Worked in Java, J2EE, XSL, XML, Oracle, DB2, Struts, spring, Hibernate, REST Web services, Model driven architecture and software configuration management tools.
- Developed HTML, Swing and JSP pages for user interaction and data presentation.
- Created a Rich Single Page Application using HTML, CSS, Angularjs, JQuery and REST Services
- Developed Dash-Board to monitor and report Cache Coherence Servers.
- Integrate the ExtJs/Sencha framework with Oracle BPM.
- Involved in developing custom taglibs, JSP, EJB's, Portlets and DB2 - stored procedures.
- Involved in Requirement analysis, design and Implementation applying the Water fall model.
- Wrote Servlets programming and JSP scripting for the communication between web browser and server.
- Integrate the Oracle BPM with the Spring Framework in the enterprise layer.
- Involved in packaging, deployment and upgrade of different modules of SAS on JBoss App Server. VB code Analysis and Sybase store procedure converted into SQL.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in Design and development of the mortgage loans application and normally the application is named as CORE.
- Designed and developed business logic and view pages of Admin and Client Account View Pages Modules also worked on the critical Application Programming Interfaces like Customer Registration.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) like Design, Development and testing phases, and developed Use Case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams.
- Performed analysis, design and development of application based on J2EE and Design Patterns.
- Developed presentation tier using JSPs, Action Tags, JSTL, Struts Tag Libraries, HTML, Java Script, and CSS.
- Work extensively in migrating the XMI framework to Angular Framework, all the XMI web pages are rewritten using AngularJs framework.
- Developed Angular UI screens for the Closing/Funding team. Developed functionalities as per releases.
- Used Apache CXF as the Web Services framework to implement the REST APIs involved.
- Developed Webservices by using Restlet API and a Restlet implementation as a RESTful framework.
- Implemented Maven as build and configuration tool.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD), Scrum concepts of the Agile Methodology to produce high Quality Software.
- Involving in creation of both service and client code for JAX-WS and used SOAP UI to generate proxy code from the WSDL to consume the remote service.
- Used Apache Tomcat Application Server for application deployment in the clustered window environment.
- Developed format for the data inside requests and responses by RESTful web services using JSON.
- Used Quest TOAD, SQL Developer, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader for internal data storage and retrieval.
- Used MongoDB and SQL server for Data storage.
- Domain creation, JDBC connection pools creation, JMS queue configuration and other server configuration for Tomcat.
- Responsible for analyzing the new requirements and writing the functional requirement Documentation.
Operating systems: Windows, Unix, Mac OS X, Ubuntu
Database and tools: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, POSTGRESQL, SQLite, MongoDB, MYSQL
Testing Frameworks: Unit Test, RSpec, Cucumber, JUNIT and Capybara
Servers: Tomcat, we brick, Unicorn, Nginx, WebLogic.
Frameworks / Architectures: Rails 4, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, REST APIs
Deployment tools: Heroku, Passenger, Amazon EC2
Web/Application Servers/Container: Apache, Tomcat, WE Brick, Mongrel, WebLogic, WebSphere
Protocols: HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP, SOAP, SMTP, REST
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, TDD, Design Patterns, Continuous Integration using CruiseControl