- Over 6+ years of comprehensive experience in the areas of DevOps, AWS Cloud, CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, ANT, GIT, GitHub, Docker and Ansible.
- Experienced on several Docker components like Docker Engine, swarm, creating Docker images, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the versions across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub , Bit Bucket and Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms
- Hands on experience on Docker and Kubernetes .
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code in groovy scripting, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Involved in writing Perl and Shell scripts for deployment process.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self - motivated, dedicated, understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
- Well organized professional with a unique blend of knowledge in fully automated Continuous Integration , Continuous Delivery , Continuous Deployment pipelines and DevOps processes for diagnosing and rectifying network faults.
- Displayed skills in investigating complex system malfunctions, isolating causes of errors due to servers, storage, network Gained proficiency in analyzing performance of service desk activities and providing resolutions.
- Motivated and goal driven with a strong work ethics, continuously striving for improvement coupled with excellent administrative aptitude with an eye for detail and commitment to offer quality work.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Designing highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Experience in the installation, configuration and administration of web and application servers like Apache, Tomcat.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Terraform.
- Very good at using Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven and Ant builds .
- Good Experience in Cloud Based DevOps Skills .
- Experience in automation build & deployment tools i.e. Jenkins , Unix shell Scripting and Maven
- Experience on setting up application servers i.e. Apache Webserver, for development, test and prod environment at Unix/Linux box.
- Executed DBA tasks on MS SQL server , PLSQL Developer tool and hands on experience with Oracle 11 G.
- Strong in building scalable web applications on AWS.
- Strong knowledge of AWS including EC2.
- Proficiency working in AWS and both a Windows and Linux environment.
- Good exposure of agile development methodology in designing and implementation of Continuous Integration and delivery framework using tools I.e. Jenkins .
- Adapt in complete SDLC from requirement analysis to system study, designing, coding, testing, debugging, documentation and implementation.
- Using Docker to create, deploy and run applications using containers.
- Using Chef to configure/manage the infrastructure and configurations of nodes and containers.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management SCM tools like Subversion SVN and GIT.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration CI and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Documented Minutes of Meetings, Build reports, Release Notes and many other day to day documentation and Status Reports.
- Quick learning, self-motivated, hardworking, good team player with excellent communication skills and strong affinity towards learning new technologies.
Operating Systems: - RHEL 4, 5, 6.x & 7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7. x.
CM Tools: - Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
CI Tools: - Hudson, Jenkins, Nexus.
Version Control System Tools: - GIT, CVS, Subversion/SVN.
Languages: - Power Shell, C, C++, Java, JEE, Python
Networking: - TCP/IP, NFS, Telnet, FTP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, HTTP
Build Tools: - ANT, MAVEN.
Bug Tracking Testing Tools: - JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
Web/APP Servers: - Tomcat Web Server, WebSphere
Database: - Oracle 10gR2/12c, DB2, MYSQLCloud: - Open stack, AWS
AWS: EC2, S3, EBS, AMI, Snapshots, IAM, ELB, Route 53, Cloud Front, Lambda, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail
Monitoring Tool: - Nagios, Dynatrace
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Built the AWS Infrastructure using VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket for storage and backup on AWS.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines instances using Ansible Configuration Management. Created Ansible manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Created branches to implement the parallel development process to support quarterly releases and merged the Subversion branches to resolve any conflicts occurred during the merge.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Jira.
- Involved in building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and performance capacity for Enterprise Production, QA Staging.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing WebSphere, Apace/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, SVN, build and firewalls in both development and production.
- Automated the process of installation, configuration of the web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic using Ansible.
- Designed, built and coordinate an automated build and release CI/CD process using Jenkins.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool and wrote Python Scripts to automate the build process.
- Running build jobs and integration tests on Jenkins Master/Slave configuration and Managed Servers on the OpenStack platform instances using Puppet configuration management.
- Worked on SDLC processes and carried the builds on the OpenStack environment using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Worked with OpenStack and Open Shift cartridge technologies and tools as well as managed their integration with application.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one to other environments.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test and development environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Responsible for Designing and implementation of the DevOps solution using tools like Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus and Chef Automation, Ruby scripting and AWS
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using Subversion, Git and CVS version control tools.
- Involved in trouble shooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test-Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
Environment: AWS, Azure, RHEL, Subversion, Apache, ANT, ELK Stack, OpenStack, Jenkins, Python, Find Bugs, Puppet, Docker, Ubuntu, Linux, Chef, Maven, QA.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub by virtualizing the servers using Docker for the Dev and Test environments by achieving needs through configuring automation using Containerization.
- We are responsible for deploying, monitoring, and maintaining the workflow using Jenkins, GIT and Chef.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Developed custom scripts using Python which act as backend for the Ansible scripts.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket for securing the code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Built AWS infrastructure using various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, EBS, Security Groups, Auto Scaling.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and policies.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Testing and deployment automation with Git, Jenkins, Chef and Docker.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Integrated kubernetes with registry, networking, storage, security and telemetry to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrate containers across multiple hosts, on Azure.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Managed the Version Control System GIT to record the various code changes like branching, merging, staging, cherry picking etc.
- Demonstrated on Ansible along with Ansible Tower can be used to automate different software development processes all over the team organization.
- Integrated GIT into Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Used Maven as Build Tool for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, NodeJs, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Created Cron Jobs and scheduled jobs based on the user's requirements.
- Used Shell scripting to automate the build and deployment process.
- Installed Workstation, wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server.
- Bootstrapped various nodes and the Chef server.
Environment: AWS - EC2, ECS, VPC, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, AWS, shell script, Bash, Dockers, selenium, Terraform, Kubernetes.
DevOps Engineer/System Admin
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Responsible for managing and administering multiple instances of GIT, including the build server infrastructure and operating environment for Android; develop server-side scripts/SW to customize GIT and to tie in with other tools such as JIRA and Jenkins.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Developed Chef recipes/cookbooks to automate the installation, build and deployment of DB servers, elastic search engines, web servers, etc… in hundreds of EC2 instances.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Worked on automation using the Python scripting language.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN/GIT.
- Worked on Docked-Compose and Docker-Machine.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Solely responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds.
- Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Used Nexus repository to upload the build artifacts after a successful build.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks.
Environment: AWS (Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, ELB, RDS, EC2 S3, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AMI, Subnets, ELK), GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Json, MySQL, Linux, JIRA.
Intern Linux Admin
- Hands on VMware for installing Linux and SUSE Linux and windows on virtual machines.
- Creating, Mounting and Troubleshooting NFS File systems on different OS platforms.
- Troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems related to the servers.
- Configuration of Naming Services like DNS, DHCP, NIS, LDAP Novell directory. Implementing Master and Slave servers for NIS, DNS.
- Installation and configuration of CYGWIN on Windows in order to access UNIX system from Windows Operating Systems.
- Providing 24 x 7 supports to various application level server level & network level Monitoring & troubleshooting of any data center outages.
- Installation and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, 5 SLSE10 using Kick start including monitoring, scaling and capacity planning and hardware maintenance of Sun fire servers.
- Installation and Configuration of Red Hat Satellite on Dell power edge 2650.
- Network trouble shooting using ndd, Traceroute, net stat, ifconfig and snoop.
- Responsible for Oracle database security and patching, Oracle database capacity analysis and planning.
- Developed Linux, UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripts and AWT programming for manual deployment of the code to various environments.
- Installed, configured, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade/patches of Linux and UNIX servers using Crontab.
- Maintain file system and host security using chmod, chown, chgrp, immutable bit, iptables and tcp wrappers.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, YUM, RPM, User & Group management, Bash, Firewall, Apache, Volume Groups, LVM, NFS, FTP, SAMBA, SSH, DHCP, DNS, VERITAS Cluster Servser(VCS), Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, Kickstart server, TCP/IP, IP addressing &Subnetting, routing, Nagios.