- Around 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising DevOps Engineer. I have an effective combination of work experience in Linux and System Administration along with AWS, AZURE and GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM, continuous deployment, continuous integration, Build/release management and virtualization technologies which also includes troubleshooting issues.
- Experienced in AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS) services like EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, VPN, Dynamo, EBS, ELB, SNS, Glacier, Auto - Scaling, IAM, Route53, AMI, Security-Groups, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation and Elastic Container Service through AWS console and AWS CLI.
- Experience in solving manual redundant infrastructure issues by creating Cloud Formation Templates using AWS Server less application model and deploy RESTFUL API's using API gateway and triggering LAMBDA FUNCTIONS.
- Experienced in writing the AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment in NACLs, Security groups, public and private network configurations and Implemented Server less architecture using Lambda function used Python scripts in it which triggers events using API gateway.
- Experience in GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM (GCP) services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, CloudDNS, Cloud Storage and Cloud Deployment Manger.
- Experienced data migration from AWS to GCP by creating hybrid cloud infrastructure through initializing tunnel between both the clouds. Migrated EC2 instances from AWS to COMPUTE ENGINE in GCP with the help of CLOUD ENDURE.
- Worked on azure services such as compute virtual machines, azure storage, azure active directory, SQL Database, Azure DNS and Azure Application Insights. Created Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, Azure network settings and Azure cloud.
- In depth experience on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using Azure, AWS and Google cloud platform.
- Expertise in using Docker to run and deploy the applications in multiple containers like Docker Swarm and Docker Wave. Experience in configuring Docker Container for branching purposes and Implementation of Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model.
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes cluster.
- Expertise in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, execution plans, resource graphs, change automation and created infrastructure in a coded manner using Terraform.
- Experience in maintaining the branching, Staging, build and release strategies using SCM tools like Subversion, GIT and Bitbucket.
- Maintained build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux and Windows platforms, integrated these tools with editors like Atom, Visual Studio and migrated projects from Subversion repositories to GitHub.
- Experienced on build tools like CRUISECONTROL and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts to generate war & jar from source code for Java based applications and helped in Writing pom.xml, build.xml for declaring the dependencies and managing the application framework in development and deployment.
- Expertise in using the GROOVY script in Jenkins to execute jobs in Continuous Integration. Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery using Jenkins, Bamboo and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Experience using Ansible Tower dashboard, role base access control, access to Ansible for deployments and worked with Ansible Playbooks to automate various deployment tasks and working knowledge on Ansible Roles, Ansible inventory files and Ansible Galaxy.
- Proficient in creating Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles and Data Bags to automate the services related to deployment and Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Experienced in python Program on Lambda to Ingest Raw JSON data received through API Call into the Amazon Kinesis Streams Used Cache DB based Redis Server to perform real time data ingestion traceability.
- Hands on experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Elastic search, Kibana, App Dynamics etc.
- Experienced in provided administration and Monitoring for Cassandra clusters on an Linux instances and Implemented a distribute messaging queue to integrate with Cassandra using Kafka and Zookeeper.
- Experience with Relational and NOSQL Database Management systems like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Couch DB and Mongo DB.
- Experience in working on different operating systems like Red Hat Linux 7/6/5/4, Mac OS, Ubuntu 16/14/13/12, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Solaris.
- Strong Scripting skills in Bash, PowerShell, Perl, YAML, JSON, Ruby, Python scripts to automate the deployments and for environmental changes.
- Experience in working with network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, ICMP and RIP.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Web hosting administration HTTP, FTP, SSH and RSH.
- Extensive experience in ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, ClearQuest, Redmine, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bugfixes.
- In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, EIP, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, VPC, Cloud Formation).Elastic Cache, Route 53, DMS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Amazon aurora, Amazon snowball, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Work Spaces, SQS, Amazon Glacier, AWS LAMBDA
DevOps tools: Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
CI /Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, AntHillPro, Team city, Bamboo.
Repository Management tools: Nexus
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Build Forge
Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
Virtualization tools: VMware ESX Server, vCenter, vSphere.
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS, Git, Github
Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Nginx, Windows Server 2012.
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Junit, Remedy
Operating systems: Unix, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat (RHEL), Centos) and Windows.
Databases: RDBMS Oracle, mysql, prostgresql, MongoDB
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWSCloud Formation templates and terraform.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Created AWSRoute53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Deployed and managed web applications and services into AWS by using ElasticBeanStalk.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWSCloud watch.
- Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Implemented the building tools such as Ant and Mavenin order to automate and enhance the overall operational environment.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created, expanded, and configured automation in Maven to automatically build, package, and deploy Java applications to multiple development and testing environments.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins.
- Integrated various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform using Jenkins CI tools.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins CI tools.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipelines.
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Written ChefCookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration and OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Used chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in different environments.
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Worked on administering the METACASE client-server architecture domain specific modelling software.
- Used Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration
- Implemented CICD allowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/AWS environments.
- Created ITIL based release/change management process to track, safeguard and deliver end to end releases from inception phase through actual release deployment to Production
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Worked with several Java development teams to identify and meet their needs for automation and branching strategies. This often-involved analysing portions of their code and suggesting changes for standardization.
- Provided stable build environments for product development.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into AmazonEC2 instances.
- Used SplunkAPM for Service now ticketing tool, log aggregation and analysis on different application servers and integrating the Splunk with Single Sign-On authentication and service now ticketing tool.
- Responsible for developing data pipeline with AmazonAWS to extract the data from weblogs and store in HDFS.
- Responsible for patch management, storage administration, system projects, hardware maintenance and disaster recovery.
- Documented all build and release process related items. Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
Environment: DevOps, Java/J2EE, Git, jQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Elastic Bean Stalk, Jenkins, Hudson, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Chef, Ant, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, OpenShift, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, ITIL, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Power Shell, Chef, Ansible, HDFS.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins)
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Implemented continuous delivery pipe line using Docker and Jenkins.
- Evaluated Docker container technology to replace some virtual environments.
- Worked on Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users
- Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Involved in setting up the architecture of proposed environments with all the CI/CD tools.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories to client specifications.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Managed to deliver specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Worked with DOCKER for Portable deployment of applications.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet.
- Used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.
- Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
- Experience in AWS including deploying new server instances through automation with CHEF and Jenkins.
- By Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources.
- Created various templates and managed various models to set up various Amazon Web Resources using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Worked on ticketing tool Service-Now.
Environment: AWS - EC2, ECS, VPC, Puppet, Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, GIT, AWS, Python, UNIX Shell Scripting, Service Now, JIRA, Agile SDLC, Terraform.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Provide support for customer deployments, including automation to create repeatable processes using Jenkins.
- Possessing strong knowledge in Ant and Maven build tools and implementing it with Jenkins with AWSservices.
- Written multiple manifests and also customized facts for efficient management of the Saltclients.
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Strong Server Build skills and building client/server services like NFS, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, LAMP, VNC, Sendmail, Qmail.
- Perform JIRA administration, setting up new projects, creating new workflows, adding users to roles.
- Assisted in move from Jira 5.2 to 6.3.6, making sure the various Jira containers for DevOps.
- Created AmazonVPC resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups.
- Worked under an environment that has a good defect tracking system through the use of Manual Test and Test Manager.
- Transferred purchase transaction details from legacy systems to HDFS.
- Expertise in launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience with AWSservices (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud formation, Auto scaling).
- Provided enhanced security and identity access management (IAM) for AWS account.
- Worked on EC2 features to provision, monitor, scale, and distribute infrastructure.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans using CorporateWIKI.
- Wrote recipes and manifest to configure Chef nodes and Puppet agents. Excellent configuration management using Puppet, Chef. Also experience writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS.
- Experience in architecting and configuring secure VPC through private and public networks in AWS.
- Monitored AWS resources, set a notification alarm in case of trouble through CloudWatch.
- Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM)
- Created and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and AWS management console.
- Documented work done, skills required and mitigated in future projects.
Environment: EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud formation, Auto scaling, AWS, Cloud Watch, Amazon Machine Images, Maven, Salt, CentOS.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Provisioned, built and administered Linux servers consisting of flavors like Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu and Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows NT4.0.
- Used automated installation technologies like Kickstart for provisioning of the servers.
- Configured and managing User accounts, File systems, Disk quotas, Network and system monitoring, end user connectivity and deploying hardware, DR and HA planning and implementation.
- Created file systems like Ext3, ZFS, VxFS using Veritas Foundation Suite, SVM and LVM.
- Wrote and implemented Perlscript to modify LDAP database
- Created VMs for Solaris x86 and Linux on VMware and maintained them using VMwarevSphereClient.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-production environments.
- Defined ChefServer and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Installed and configured Puppet Master and Puppet Client, created manifests to install packages, Cron jobs and start services.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Created Ansible playbooks for various automation purpose, file copy, permission changes, configuration changes, path specific folder creation.
- Leveraged Chefrecipes to start new app server instances, configure app server software and deploy apps.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins.
- Maintained and supported Docker containers running on Linux machines.
- Maintained Docker repositories and images.
- Performed administration of WebLogic 8.x instances which included installation, deployment, clustering and troubleshooting.
- Developed Shell and Python scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Serverstorage.
- Used Jenkins continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Managed performance tuning of applications like Oracle 9i, WebLogic 8.x and Operating System
- Implemented naming services like DNS, NIS, and Active Directory in multi OS environments.
- Monitored all the systems for latest Virus definitions and System and Security patch updates.
Environment: Solaris 9, 10, Red Hat Linux 6.x, 7.x, 8, 9, AIX 6.1, Veritas Volume Manager 3.x, 4.x, VERITAS Net Backup 4.5, Oracle 9i, WebLogic 8.x, Sun Fire v480, v880, 4800, 6800, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Shell Scripting, Python, Maven.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO /managers rights to trigger required build.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Created the branches in Subversion and Perforce to implement the parallel development process.
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installation, configuration, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Automated provisioning and scaling of Couch base cluster using AWSOpsworks stacks
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Automated deployment of Linux applications, system configuration and security settings using Puppet Enterprise.
- Wrote custom puppet modules for managing the full application stack ( Tomcat/httpd/MySQL/Java).
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Worked on ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Performed various troubleshooting and maintenance operations in Windows Server environments.
- Deployed the applications to WebSphere Application Server5.0 and static content to apache web servers.
Environment: AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, Nexus, Subversion, Perforce, Remedy, RHEL, XML, WebLogic, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
- Created, Installed and administered Red Hat Virtual machines in VMware.
- Used VMware View Manager to administrate and monitor the entire infrastructure in the domain.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented and maintained branching, build and release strategies using Subversion and GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion and GIT support for different projects.
- Designed and maintained Subversion and GIT Repositories, views and access control strategies.
- Automated build and release management process with monitoring changes between releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic and used Web Sphere for hosting the applications.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Used the continuous integration tool Apache AnthillPro to automate the daily processes.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- On-boarded instances, set up environment, mitigated issues and troubleshooting instances stability for the application development team.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Apache Anthill pro, AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts.