- Around 7+years of experience in IT sector in Linux administration, build engineering and release management process, building and deploying applications by adopting DevOps practices such as Continuous development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)in runtime with various tools like Git, Maven, VSTS, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes and managing cloud services with Azure &AWS.
- Linux/Unix system administrator on Red hat EL, 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 4.x,5.x and VMware environment. Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Experienced in administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL Linux
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Agile, Scrum Model, JIRA, Waterfall models
- Implemented Puppet hierarch to separate data from puppet code.
- Creating and maintaining Infrastructure for Applications in AWS using Terraform. Building & Automating CICD pipelines for different applications.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, and Traffic Manager.
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java,AEM,Jenkins,Ant, Maven, SVN,git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy and XL Release, SharePoint,CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Strong experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading Patches, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Major focus on Configuration, SCM, Build/Release Management, Infrastructure as a code (IAC) and as Azure DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments.
- Experienced in working on DevOps /Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation Environment, Incident and Change Management) including various tools.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Experienced in building, deploying and integrating Java-based web applications in a UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture (especially BEA Web Logic, Tomcat and WebSphere).
- Integrated Jenkins with various Devops tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Puppet, CA Nolio, HP CDA, HP ALM and HP QTP etc.
- Administrated and monitored activities for SVN, GIT, TFS, Perforce, UCM Clear case and CVS.
- Implemented a complete automated build-release solution using a combination of technologies like Maven, TFS, Jenkins
- Developing automated process for code builds and deployments using Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Sonar type Nexus, Shell Script, Perl, Java.
- Unique experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and OpenShift/Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and Open Shift/Kubernetes.
- Used JIRA to keep track of all the ongoing tasks and maintain bug resolutions.
- Experience in assigning the azure services on locations specific to integrate with web-apps and key-vaults
- Experience in setting up CICD pipeline integrating various tools with Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson/Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cruise Control, Team City, Octopus Deploy and Anthill Pro for automated builds.
- Involved in the analysis and troubleshooting of issues which are tracked through VSTS.
- Integrated ant with Shell scripts created in Bash, Shell & Kourne shell to automate the builds for the Java based applications.
- Collaborated with different teams to achieve the work force and escalations to meet the requirements
- Automate deployment for SaaS based application on cloud using Chef Enterprise, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools GIT , clear case to track changes made by different people in source code involving concepts like Branching, Merging and Tags.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven and to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively using build plugins in maven.
- Installing and configuring the applications like docker tool and Kubernetes for the orchestration purpose
- Developed and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and Services AWS provisioning and worked on services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF and EBS.
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Linux Centos, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows A|X.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, TFS.
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and JBOSS, IIS
Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson and Build Forge.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, NAnt, MS Build, Gradle, Terraform.
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Scripting: Shell, Perl, Powershell, Bash, Jython and Python.
Virtualization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, VM virtual Box and VMware.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Jira, VSTS
Cloud Platform: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud formation, Docker, AWS Config, Microsoft Azure.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Worked in highly collaborative operations team to stream line the process of implementing security Confidential Azure cloud environment and introduced best practices for remediation
- Analyzing the landmark of 150 subscriptions for various business cases to apply organization specific security guidelines
- Gathering the requirements from the clients about the existing applications to apply the security measures
- Understand the latest features like (Azure DevOps, OMS, NSG Rules, etc..,) introduced by Microsoft Azure and utilized it for existing business applications
- Creating, validating and reviewing solutions and effort estimate of converting existing workloads from classic to ARM based Azure Cloud Environment
- Developed automation system using PowerShell scripts and JSON templates to remediate the Azure services
- Worked on GIT to maintain source code in Git and GitHub repositories
- Created builds and release pipelines in VSTS and done deployments using SPN (secure endpoint connection) for implementing CI/CD.
- Implemented automation for deployments by using YAML scripts for massive builds and releases
- Created LTA (Logical Technical Architecture) diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Used tools like Visual Studio Community Edition, Visual Studio Code, Power Shell ISE and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Worked with Agile methodology in XL Deploy and XL Release, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker, Openshift)
- Built and Implemented complete CI stack to migrate from a Puppet stack in a colo to Terraform with Chef in AWS.
- Wrote shell scripts to handle server processing migrating applications from .Net to Python monitoring applications and server performance with Splunk and Jenkins.
- Worked on Jenkins to implement Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat /Web Logic Application Server.
- Developed applications and methods with Python for ETL, writing and reviewing code for server-side Python applications.
- Had done POC on implementation of continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes
- Assist with configuration of Cloud Compute systems using OpenStack on Ubuntu, collaboration using Orchestration with Keystone, Kubernetes and other functions within Open Stack.
- Responsible for Configuring Kafka Consumer and Producer metrics to visualize the Kafka System performance and monitoring
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java, AEM, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SVN, git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy and XL Release, SharePoint, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Conducted Dry-Run Tests to ensure fool-proof execution of customized scripts before execution in production environments.
- Experienced in building, deploying and integrating Java-based web applications in a UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture (especially BEA Web Logic, Tomcat and WebSphere).
- Over saw the quality of Automated Build plans to help the Delivery process to NON-PROD and PROD Environments
- Worked on implementing backup methodologies by Power Shell Scripts for Azure Services like Azure SQL Database, Key Vault, Storage blobs, App Services etc.
- Created Azure services using ARM templates (JSON) and ensured no changes in the present infrastructure while doing incremental deployment.
- Configured the XL Deploy and XL Release for all the applications from scratch, once the build package is available, then promoted with simple enable options to deploy in the targeted servers.
- Acted as build and release engineer, deployed the services by VSTS (Azure DevOps) pipeline. Created and Maintained pipelines to manage the IAC for all the applications
- Assigned RBAC policies Confidential group level and user level as per the LTA created for the services implemented new (Automation account, scheduler, notification hub, IOT Hubs, Batch and other services)
- Wrote power shell scripts to create the parameter files automatically for all the services in Azure Resource Manager
- Assigned RBAC Roles using Organization Active Directory Confidential the Subscription Level to grant accesses only to required members based on Least-Access Privileges (we use CWS Groups)
- Collaborated with cross functional teams (firewall team, data base team, application team) in execution of this project.
- Used Service-Now tool for managing incidents and change request tickets
- Experience in troubleshooting the SQL Server connection issues on incremental deployments
- Provided status to Business Level management and Technical and conducting Proof of Concept for Latest Azure cloud-based service
Environment: .Net, Azure, PowerShell, XL Release, XL Deploy, Kubernetes, Kafka, GIT, Python, AWS, Redis, VMware, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Open Stack, Docker, Jira, Maven, VSTS, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Salt stack
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- DevOps Workflow representing all stages starting from SCM Commit Build, Integration Build Which Compiles Code, Junit Test cases and Code Coverage, Build and Bundle, Publish with Lead Approvals and Deployment of Artifacts.
- Create and configure Jenkins server using Terraform and Ansible.
- Use of Docker, Kubernetes and Open Shift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Launching AmazonEC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Worked with git to maintain code, deploy code through Travis and Terraform to Amazon Web Services via Dies.
- Integrated with Team City and Octopus for the continuous integration and continuous delivery. The development is incremental, once the changes are checked-in to TFS, the daily build runs, executes the unit test cases and deploys the changes on CI environment.
- Enhanced existing automated Build/Deploy process and architect the next generation centralized deployment processes using Octopus.
- Automated and tested the Build and deployment of the CRM product on Smoke, DEV Environment using power shell and Octopus tool.
- Create a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Handle escalated Support tickets till closure for MS Azure PaaS platform. Configured AD connect to configure federation with on-premises ADFS and Azure AD.Experience is using Microsoft Azure
- Had integrated with Team City and Octopus for the continuous integration and continuous delivery. The development is incremental, once the changes are checked-in to TFS, the daily build runs, executes the unit test cases and deploys the changes on CI environment.
- Provisioned EC2 instances, configured auto scaling and defining cloud formation JSON templates using Ansible modules.
- Administrated and Implemented TFS, Maintained and Migrated TFS&TFS 2012\2013 support.
- Implemented Branching and Merging concepts TFS 2012 and GIT.
- Accomplished tasks of client SCM team and worked on the migration of existing code repository from ClearCase multisite to TFS.
- Defined application servers on WebLogic Server, created nodes and horizontal created clusters, configured Oracle JDBC provider to provide connectivity via data source to the application.
- Worked extensively on cross-platforms (Windows and UNIX) with TFS and GIT.
- Deployed and managed web applications and services into AWS by using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like SonarQube, Nexus.
- Created Bus members, provided configurations for messaging queue in WebLogic.
- Deployed and designed pipelines through Azure data factory and debugged the process for errors.
- Involved in creation of virtual machines and infrastructure in the Azure Cloud environment.
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes. And AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and Pom.xml.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Worked on developing the backend part of the application involving Spring 3, JPA and Hibernate
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Octopus, IAM, S3, EC2,VPC, cloud watch, Nix, Azure, ANT, Maven, Tortoise SVN, GitHub, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, WebLogic, Kubernetes, SonarQube, TFS, Git, Java, Agile, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Junit, PowerShell, Jira, Cucumber, Json, Bash, Perl, Python.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications in an agile environment.
- Administrated Linux and Windows environments using Ansible, Chef and Puppet based on the needs.
- Created and Configured Jenkins server using Ansible and Shell scripts.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins
- Involved in daily Scrum meetings. Also involved in Iteration/Sprint planning meeting to plan the efforts for upcoming sprint based on the priority and estimated effort.
- Participated in weekly release/Environment meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository, GitHub Enterprise is used.
- Implemented new Docker container creation process for each GitHub branch gets started on Jenkins as Continuous Integration server.
- Planning, Designing Automation Framework using QTP(VB Script) and Selenium and developing automation scripts for banking and investments applications on Java and Python
- Integrated Kafka source to read the payment confirmation messages
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository and GitHub Enterprise.
- Implemented Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed and Implemented ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automation of build process on MAVEN build tools to test the application manually and run the JUNIT Test suites in TDD fashion.
- Developed Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Owning the Activity of Upgrading, administering, plug-in management, and User Management and Job creation in Jenkins.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Worked with AWS API to manage resources on AWS for many services such as EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud watch, ELB, Auto-scaling and SNS, created python script using AWS API Calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS.
- Deployed and hosted the application on AWS using Ops Works, automated single click deployment onto AWS using Chef.
- Worked on building & deploying Java code through Jenkins, used Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS and worked AWS Cloud management.
- Implemented custom procedures to unify streamline and automate application development and deployment process with Linux container technology using Docker .
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure using Nagios .
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Open Stack, Docker, Selenium, Kafka, ANT, Jira, Maven, VSTS, Powershell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Salt stack, Azure.
Confidential, Schaumburg IL
- Working as a DevOps Engineer for multiple development teams, system analysis team to establish a build schedule, provide a guideline for deployment in higher environments and with troubleshooting build system failures.
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java, AEM, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SVN, git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy and XL Release, Sharepoint,CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Designed and built Azure V2 network infrastructure including Site to Site connection through
- Meraki VPN/Firewall appliance, with Point-To Site (V1 network connection to V2 Network) for migration of Azure VMs from classic Portal to Azure Portal.
- Deployed Active Directory domain controllers to Microsoft Azure using Azure VPN gateway.
- Generated reports by pulling Telemetry data from Azure SQL tables. Wrote custom queries to fetch the data for different time ranges, and for different ISVs.
- Wrote Powershell scripts for .Net application deploys, service installs and for windows patches/upgrades.
- Automate processes with Powershell scripts. DNS changes, DC builds, User management.
- Windows Powershell development of automation and reporting processes.
- Used Continuous development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)in runtime with VSTS
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Perl, Python and Powershell for automating tasks.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Migrated SQL Server 2008 database to Windows Azure SQL Database and updating the Connection Strings based on this.
- Implemented Microservices on Open Shift based on Docker to achieve Continuous Delivery
- Creating the Docker images and tagged them push that image for all the promotional environments for all the applications.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented CI/CD automation system. Used Ant, Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implemented Maven Release Plug-in through Jenkins Jobs for deploying the artifacts to Nexus, Artifactory. Maintained Nexus for storing artifacts and for searching the dependencies of a project based on GAV coordinates.
- Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GIT Enterprise; and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Provision, for deployment, orchestration, and operations across multiple data centers and cloud providers, Core Coverage, Cloud-Specific Infrastructure and Systems and Architecture Cloud Planning
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for successful Releases.
Environment: Docker, Cassandra, Fortify scan, Sonar, VSTS, Java/J2EE,SVN,GIT,Codehub,ANT, Maven, SVN, Nexus, Artifactory, RHEL, Solaris, Tomcat, CA Rally, Unix/Linux, Jenkins, Shell scripting.
Build& Release Engineer
- Provided CM and Build support for more than 3 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment.
- Proficient in developing Web Services (SOAP, RESTful) in python using XML, JSON.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins Plugins to support the project specific task
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Controlled Subversion (branch) access to successfully run parallel development and release.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, and UAT and PROD environments.
- Implemented, maintained and supported reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugins, Maven of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems on Agile methodology.
- Installed, configured and administered WebSphere Application Server 6.1on Solaris Server.
Environment: Ant, Java/J2EE, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Solaris, Python, Shell Scripting, WebSphere, Oracle, Nexus.