- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of AWS cloud, DevOps, Automation, building, dealing with and releasing code from one environment to different environment and deploying to servers.
- Extensively worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features that include EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch and In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation thru Terraform, Ansible, Python and Bash Scripts. Experience in developing AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable, and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure components like (IAM) Identity Access Management (Active Directory and Multi-Factor Authentication), Azure Virtual Machines, Storage Blobs, File Service, Networking, BizTalk, and Scheduler.
- Experience working with micro-service technologies & Containerization tool such as Docker used to containerize and deploy applications on Kubernetes clusters.
- Used Docker to implement a high-level API to provide lightweight containers that run processes isolation and worked on creation of customized Docker container images, tagged and pushed the images to the Docker hub.
- Created and deployed VMs on the Microsoft cloud service Azure, managed the virtual network, Azure AD and SQL. Provisioned environments to deploy code in Azure VM and migrated application from On-Premises to PaaS.
- Hands on experience in OpenShift containers, maintaining pods and managing Kubernetes in automating deployment, scaling and management of Containerized applications.
- Experience in AWS Cloud Computing services, such as IAM, EC2, S3, AMI, VPC, Auto-Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, ELB, EBS, EMR, RDS, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Snowball and Glacier.
- Worked on various configurations and networking of NFS, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, remote access management, and security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like DNS, Apache, LDAP, SAMBA, HTTPD, NTP, VSFTP, PROFTP, SMTP, SQUID, Active Directory, Postfix, Send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management & Security troubleshooting skills.
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment using various CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Nexus, GIT and SVN also managed and created infrastructure using Ansible as configuration management tool.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT and used Source control management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, SVN X, Uber SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Experienced in building the artifacts using Maven automation tool and storing the build artifacts into Nexus repository and deploying it to WebSphere/Tomcat server.
- Hands on experience with Web and Application Servers such as Apache HTTPD , Light httpd, Nginx , Tomcat , WebLogic and WebSphere and well versed in python and Jython scripting to automate the WebSphere Administration tasks in Development and Testing Environment
- Experience in development and administration of the containerized platforms like Kubernetes and OpenShift; resolved issues with the custom build scripts and sluggish pods in the OpenShift platform.
- Provide SME in all areas of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) to existing and perspective clients on multiple cloud platforms vSphere, vCloud, CloudStack, Azure, AWS and various PaaS platforms such as Cloud Foundry and OpenShift.
- Experience in installation, configuration and management of monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk and logging tool like ELK and built Elasticsearch, Logstash (CloudWatch Log), Kibana (ELK Stack) by Setting-up a load-balanced Elasticsearch cluster on AWS with Auto-scaling for high availability.
- Experience working with VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Host Clustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, Snapshots, VMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SAN Datastores with iSCSI, NFS & FC.
- Installed and Configured - NFS, NIS, DNS, Mail Server, Apache Web Server on various flavours of Red Hat Linux and Solaris.
- Experience automating deployments on Servers using JBoss, Tomcat, and WebSphere. And worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy and HP Quality centre.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, MS Azure
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Build Release Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Gradle, SonarQube, ANT
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk
Containers / Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare, vSphere, vCenter
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN, GitHub, Bitbucket
Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, Windows Server 2012
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Confluence
Operating systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Unix, Window Server 2012/14/16.
Databases: MYSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, AWS Aurora and Dynamo-db., MongoDB
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Worked in various levels in the infrastructure team on Installation, configuration and administration on Red hat-Linux (5x, 6x& 7x), CentOS (5x, 6x and 7x), Ubuntu (7x, 8x, 9x & 10x), SUSE Linux (9x, 10x & 11x).
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on Azure, Virtual machines, blob storage, including backups, patches, and scaling.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed.
- Developed CI CD pipeline in Azure by developing Git based branching strategies and defining various build tasks that will build the .Net and Java based application and trigger the ARM templates to deploy the Azure VMS with NSG and VNets.
- Extensively worked on creating CI CD pipelines using Jenkins for building, validating and testing the Cloud formation templates, Ansible Playbooks, Azure ARM templates.
- Implemented CI/CD process using CDP process for global development team, allowing for dozens of code updates per hour with zero downtime.
- Created CI/CD pipelines and setup auto trigger, auto build and auto deployment with the help of the CI/CD tool like Jenkins. Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins &Maven as build framework tools.
- Maintain build profiles in Team Eco Server and Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline and Installed Apache web applications on AWS EC2 and Deploy a docker container with a running application inside it.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to configure Apache ignite in a VM and deploy the lightweight app to Azure VM using CDP Jenkins and package, deploy lightweight app to Docker using Jenkins also Created Docker file for Apache ignite and pushed it to Nexus.
- Storing data in storage layer of Apache Ignite and making webservices run on its own and display the web output on AWS.
- Using Amazon Web Services (AWS) console and AWS CLI to launch and manage VM's with Public/Private subnet and setup load balancing, security groups etc. Created Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources like EC2, Auto scaling, EBS, S3.
- Participated in the identification of continuity/disaster recovery risks and mitigation plans and Assisted in the development of disaster recovery plans.
- Check in lightweight app to AWSTC Code Cloud and create an Azure VM, establish connectivity to it. Worked on persistence volume claims on Cloud native services using Azure files of block storages securing using key vault to store configuration files .
- Installed and set up Nagios monitoring system on a dedicated Amazon EC2 server, developed several custom plug-ins for monitoring availability and performance of AWS EC2 instances, integrating Pingdom checks, monitoring MySQL databases and results of execution of certain queries, etc
- Developed Docker files to containerize the applications and created various docker images with different base images and performed rolling deployment of the containers on to the Kubernetes platform.
- Deployed and configured Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full-text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Hands on experience on AWS Cloud Formation templates (CFT) to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Adapted working on python scripts to create buckets, EC2 instances and monitor the performance of EC2 instances. Used scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and CF Engine and Web Service for AWS.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation thru Terraform, Ansible, Python, and Bash Scripts. Experience in developing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups. Performed application security auditing using SAST and DAST to ensure security of applications
- Experienced in developing Ansible Playbooks to automate the provisioning of the Kubernetes cluster, troubleshooting the Kubernetes Pods which have issues with Persistent Volume Claims.
- Worked on creating Azure VM, Cloud Services and Storages by using Azure Power-Shell Script and deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to automate the administration of various subscriptions and configured Webhooks to invoke the playbooks remotely.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on Azure by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on Azure instances using Docker, Bash and Ansible.
- Extensive knowledge and administration experience in JIRA tickets for SCM Support activities and knowledge on other CI tools like Bamboo.
- Used Splunk Tool to Manage logs and tracking bugs in Dev, QA and staging environment, for managing tickets used I track ticketing tool & created mail handlers and notification schemes for I track.
Confidential - Chandler, AZ
- Installing, configuring and implementing the LVM, RAID Technologies using various tools like VERITAS volume manager, Solaris volume manager. Provided 24/7 on-call support on Linux Production Servers and maintaining security on Red hat Linux.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS and in real-time monitoring/alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, and Simple Notification Service.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, Bitbucket and AWS AMI's and build a new Docker container from Jenkins .
- Hands on designing AWS Cloud Formation templates to use services like EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, Cloud Watch, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail, developed Python scripts to pass in as user data when creating the AMI to install services in the Boot time.
- Developed Terraform scripts to deploy AWS EC2 instances, IAM roles and policies, ASG with Life cycle hooks, RDS databases, Lambda functions, AWS VPC.
- Experience on AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets , NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Wrote Python BOTO scripts for automating AWS EC2 instances for running, stopping and taking regular snapshots of EBS and storing in S3 bucket.
- Experienced in AWS relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL , SQL Server, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB and have good exposure to build tools like GRADLE, MAVEN and bug tracking tool JIRA in the work environment.
- Configured and setup Ansible Tower with customized playbooks to automate and enhance the configuration management for deploying faster containers, EC2 instances, and manage Jenkins deployments.
- Managed AWS infrastructure as code (IaaS) using Terraform. Expertise in writing new Python scripts to support new functionality in Terraform. Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Designed and created Azure virtual network (VNet) for high available multi AZ’s applications, launched Azure VM’s across different Subnets and delegated access to these resources using Azure Active Directory and configured user management through Policies and assigned permissions to users and groups.
- Wrote Azure Resource Manager Template (ARM) to configure and manage resources like Azure VM’s, Block BLOB, SQL database, Azure File Storage, Load Balancer, Page BLOB, Auto scaling, ARM, Subnets, Route table and Network Security groups.
- Experiencing in Virtualization tools like ESX, KVM. Involving in configure ARM resources through Azure Web Portal and Command Line Interface through PowerShell
- Implemented Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure and Azure Storage. Configured and deployed the Operations Management Suite (OMS) for monitoring and change tracking.
- Expertise on all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins .
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's , whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build new Docker container from it.
- Wrote Python script to verify the deployment status and git-revision of the code commit to check either right code version is deployed to the production servers.
- Wrote Ansible playbook in YAML to build a LAMP ( Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Python ) stack on an EC2 instance and used Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively managed changes and Implemented Infrastructure automation.
- Coherent Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version AWS Infrastructure, code deployment and orchestration with tools such as Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation, and automation validation using Test Kitchen, Vagrant, Ansible and Terraform.
- Created Docker containers for different Applications to achieve Availability and Fault Tolerance using Docker swarm Manager by pulling Docker Images from private Docker Registry with port mapping, providing persistent volume and creating snapshots.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks to automate the Build of Docker Image, Utilized Jenkins to Auto push to Docker HUB, Automated the infrastructure downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Orchestrated and Migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker and Kubernetes deployed using Kops .
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on AWS EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, and Terraform.
- Expertise in configuring mod proxy on Apache2 and configured vertical and horizontal clustering for High Availability and Workload management. Worked on Web servers & application servers such as Apache2, Nginx, Apache Tomcat JBOSS. Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the website.
Confidential - Tempe, AZ
- Implemented and developed solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environment.
- Knowledge in gathering requirements from various team's app dev, QA, Ops etc. for automation process and for improving agility in development process.
- Worked on various AWS services like EC2, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, Security Groups, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFront and provisioned EC2, RDS instances using Cloud Formation Template (CFT) and Terraform.
- Involved in designing an Infrastructure for different applications before migrating into AWS amazon cloud for flexible, cost-effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured applications. Successfully configured AWS EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's ( Linux ) and configuring servers for specific applications.
- Experienced in build tools to store the binaries of builds in Nexus Artifactory repository which are further used in Integration testing.
- Registered and maintained domain names for application using the AWS Route53 by creating hosted zones and record sets. C onfigured Backup and Archived Solutions in AWS (S3) by creating lifecycle policies for transition of objects to different storage classes and Glacier and wrote scripts for backing up of AWS EC2 Instances and EBS volumes attached to running EC2 Instances.
- Experience in creating and storing DB snapshots in AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) for backup and restore. Configured DynamoDB tables for application support.
- Outlined and configured Azure Virtual Networks ( VNets ), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Provisioned Azure (ACL ) access control lists and other firewall routing technologies to help troubleshoot and allow traffic to successfully pass between on-premises and Azure cloud.
- Experience Automating the process of launching the instances using Terraform templates. Wrote Python scripts for building custom utilities, custom data visualization for web apps and for managing files and networks.
- Built Docker images from scratch and customized and modified base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repo for development teams.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide Automation, Continuous Integration also managed nodes over SSH/Power shell using Ansible. Creating Ansible files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Streamlined various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment , Application Server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins .
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and created various roles for applications, then deployed the Applications or Services on hosts also written Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository to change the configuration of nodes and to deploy new builds.
- Carried out the setup for master slave architecture to improve the Jenkins performance and Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus using Nexus Artifactory plugin.
- Designed and implemented a continuous build-test-deployment (CI/CD) system with multiple component pipelines using Jenkins to support weekly releases and out-of-cycle releases based on business needs.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate daily routine jobs also used Ansible and GIT in the release pipelines for automated workflow.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT on Linux and Windows environment.
- Responsible for configuration of DNS Server and Clients, configuration of DNS tables using BIND packages and experience in troubleshooting DNS issues
- Worked on configuring mod proxy/mod jk on Tomcat Clusters and configured vertical and horizontal clustering for High Availability and Workload management.
- Composed Ruby, Python, Perl and Shell Scripts to deploy the java-based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App Server.
- Configuring alert mechanisms with Nagios, Splunk for error logging, performance monitoring also monitored infrastructure consisting of Nagios server with internal GUI tool as a web interface for configuration and display of performance data.
- Experience in deployment of JIRA applications into existing/default VPC and configuring AWS (EFS)Elastic File System to sort the artifacts can be accessed through multiple nodes for High Availability and used Jira for tracking issues and change management
Confidential - Washington D.C
- Installed and configured Anthill Pro/Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution. prepared (CFT)Cloud Formation Templates to create EC2 instances, RDS, Cloud Watch, S3, ELB, Auto-Scaling Groups, Route53 record sets and other services on AWS.
- Configured the security groups and Elastic IP's by creating the AWS VPC network for the installed instances.
- Used Jenkins, Nexus, Bamboo, YUM, Puppet to integrate delivery ( CI and CD process) and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over diff environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Managed the CI and CD processes and delivered all applications in rpms and used Puppet for Continuous Delivery, also used puppet for deploying the codes between different environment.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests for creating LAMP stacks on AWS instances. Performed upgradation of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Configured the build.xml file and verified the source file for the correct release by means of Checksum concept. Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins).
- Used SonarQube for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis of code to detect bugs and security vulnerabilities.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience in managing GIT and SVN as source control systems and implementing build automation in Jenkins using Bash scripting for daily builds.
- Comprised in branching and merging of code and deployed JAR, WAR and EAR artifacts into the WebLogic servers and Apache servers also w rote scripts to perform deploys to tomcat Webserver and WebSphere App Servers.
- Hands on with scripting and languages like Python, Perl also automated the WebSphere Administration tasks in Development and Testing Environment.
Confidential - NYC, NY
Build Release/VMWare Engineer
- Installed and configured load balancing between ESXi hosts in a horizontal cluster for capacity management and making the cluster high available.
- Performed regular and periodic backups/replications of VMs using VRange and involved in P2V and V2V conversion with the help of VMware Converter in different environments.
- Creating templates to deploy multiple virtual machines and clone using VMware virtual client and migrating machines between hosts with HA and DRS.
- Server Virtualization using VMware for Red hat Linux also worked on FTP servers for sending and receiving files between local and remote servers and troubleshooting Linux network and security related issues in Linux servers.
- Experienced in installing and configuring servers and Linux workstations, administration and maintenance of VMware, creating and maintaining user accounts, managing NAS/SAN storage systems, backing up user data and monitoring performance, provide level three support on Remedy ticketing systems.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JVM heap settings, JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, Virtual Hosts , Global Security and SSL .
- Implemented SSH password less authentication between Linux servers to run the scheduled jobs on the target servers without the intervention of user details/credentials.
- Migrated Red Hat Linux servers from 4.x version and worked with the application team to resolve the post migration issues.
- Experience in installing and configuring Splunk tool 3.x and 4.x versions on Linux machines and monitor to debug the performance issues on different OS Linux ( RHEL & Centos ).
- Assisted senior-level administrators in various aspects RedHat server administration including installation and maintaining the operating system software, performance monitoring, problem analysis and resolution.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and management of different versions of Server Operating Systems like RedHat Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, IBM AIX and Sun Solaris.
- Administration of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, active directories and file permissions.
- Installation and upgrading of required patches, M anagement for Red Hat servers and maintained server’s environment in Development/QA/Staging/Production. Installed and configured the RPM packages using the YUM Software manager, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, and WebSphere.
- Configured RAID 1, 10, 5 to avoid system/application downtime in the event of disk failure and using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to increase/decrease logical volume partition size upon application team requirement with different file system types. experienced on Disk Partition, mirroring root disk drive, configuring device groups in UNIX/LINUX environment and worked on UNIX bash scripts to automatically provision profile permissions, directories, and chroot settings per profile or user role.
- Linux admin tasks creating users, setting up NFS Volumes, managing disk resources, setting up and expanding RAID volumes and managing permissions. Installed and managed SSH keys and Sudo privileges. Hardened Linux Systems with SE Linux, IP Tables, non-privileged accounts, immutable log files, and syslog monitoring.
- Experience in performance monitoring and performance tuning like CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc. Using TOP, PS VMSTAT.
- Used various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP, and SMTP . Worked on creating user accounts, user administration, local and global groups on UNIX platform . written Cron scheduling jobs and used bash Scripts to accomplish the tasks on multiple servers and automated Performance tuning of Virtual Memory, CPU, system usage in Linux servers.
- Created and modified swap files and added swap space and configured RAID levels using volume manager in Linux.
- Configuring Access control lists (ACL) giving access to inbound and outbound internet traffic, Installation and Configuring multi-layer switches with INTERVLAN Routing also checked system usage in Linux and HP-UX servers
- Installation , Management, Configuration of LAN/WAN systems utilizing Cisco switches and routers .