- 8 years of experience in working with the Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in Software Integration, Configuration, Build & Release management and Development for several market - driven international organizations.
- Experience in working with Azure Active Directory for creating roles, tenants, and assigning various security policies.
- Experience in Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web\Worker roles on Microsoft Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager.
- Experience in configuring Azure web apps, Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Traffic manager, Azure Network Watcher, Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure Automation and ARM templates.
- Experience on Plan and Design Azure Hybrid Network: connectivity - On-Prem to Azure, Internet to Azure, Azure to Azure.
- Experience on building a highly scalable, highly available, Public cloud infrastructure using Azure services like Azure Storage, Azure SQL database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, Cloud services, and VPN.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS solutions likeEC2, EBS, RDS, S3, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, and Elastic Container Service (ECS) and other services in AWS cloud infrastructure such as IAAS, PAAS and SAAS.
- Experience in creating User/Group Accounts and attaching policies to User/Group Accounts using AWS IAM service.
- Experience in Configuring Inbound/Outbound in AWS security groups, Elastic IP, and MFA and Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts.
- Experience on Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling to design cost-effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experience in VPC set up peering. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Experience with multiple integration techniques based on service oriented architecture such as SOA, Web services (REST APIs, SOAP) and other communication interfaces like HTTP, HTTPS, and TCP.
- Experience in working with Google Cloud Platform like Subnets, Routes, VPC, and Security groups.
- Experience in writing server-side code for Google Cloud Platform ( GCP ) based applications, created robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- Experience in installing and configuring Pivotal Cloud Foundry environments (PCF). Setup Cloud Foundry for deploying, running, and scaling applications/products.
- Experience on working with a various OS like Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Centos), UNIX, and Windows.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of the server using Splunk, Nagios, and Cloud Watch to detect Prod issues.
- Experience in various source code management activities using GIT, SVN involving branching, merging strategy, daily merges, and created a stash.
- Experience in working on source control management tools like GitHub, and Bit Bucket and created GIT repositories with specified branching strategies.
- Experience in using build tools like Maven, Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war from source code.
- Experienced in automated deployment to web end application servers like Apache Tomcat, Apache Web server, Nginx, WebLogic, and JBOSS.
- Experience in deploying Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience on different plugins in Jenkins like Build Pipeline plugin, Delivery pipeline plugin, Parameterized trigger plugin, Amazon EC2 plugin, Copy Artifact, Role Strategy and S3 plugins to achieve Continuous Delivery (CD) in an Organization.
- Experience in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python, Ruby, and Shell scripts.
- Experience on Installing and Configuring Chef Server, Workstation, Client servers, and nodes. Analyzed and Authenticated chef cookbooks with foodcritic, rubocop and test kitchen .
- Experience in involving in setting up Puppet Master/Client to automate installation and configuration across the environment.
- Worked on Agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet & Chef.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible in YAML format.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub, and Docker registries.
- Experience on deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy load balance, scale, and deployments, Services and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
- Experience in creating Terraform templates for launching custom sized VPC, subnets, Route tables, and EC2 instance.
- Experience on end-to-end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus using Nexus Artifactory plugin.
- Experience on creating builds with integration to code quality tools such as SonarQube.
- Expertized in using JUnit framework (Java unit testing framework) implementing with Ant and Maven.
- Experience on XLDeploy and Udeploy to deploy the applications.
- Experience of database technology such SQL, PLSQL, MySQL including NoSQL databases.
- Experience in ticketing and tracking tools like Jira, and Service now.
Unix, Linux: Ubuntu, Centos, Red Hat
Languages: C, C++, Java
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch, ELK (Elastic Stack)
Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Open stack, PCF
Web Services/Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
DevOps Tools: Docker, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
Orchestration tools: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Scripting Languages: Shell, Ruby, Python, Bash, Perl, Groovy
Application/Web servers: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, WebLogic, JBoss, kafka, Mesos, Web Sphere
Ticketing tool: Jira, Service Now
Virtualization Platforms: Vagrant, Virtual Box, VMWare
Confidential, San Jose, California
Sr.DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Configured in Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web\Worker roles on Microsoft Azure Classic, Azure Resource Manager and Azure Active Directory.
- Developed Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Redis Cache, Application insights Azure Server less Functions, Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Azure and Azure Storage worked on Azure suite: Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and Azure Analysis Service and Azure Application Insights, Azure Networking, and Azure Hybrid Integration.
- Worked on Azure services like API Management, logic apps, storage blobs & files, site recovery, and traffic manager.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, and security policies, Auto-scaling, Load Balancer, routing, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs) using Azure.
- Worked in Azure E3 Enterprise Mobility Suite of tools in MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) and Intune. Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure. Azure IoT hub, event hub, service bus and integration patterns.
- Hands on experience on Azure ARM templates development, creating multiple storage accounts based on environments, administering Azure security center to provide patches and security updates to Azure VMs, securing the application by configuring the Azure key vault.
- Devised Azure Terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to formulate development, test, and production environments. Configured Azure VPN gateway and established Site-to-Site connectivity, Express Route with On Premise Networks and Azure .
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic file system , Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) and VPC.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Involved in Cloud watch as a monitoring tool for EC2 instance to check CPU Utilization, S3 bucket if it is exceeds more buckets and for the management of the bills.
- Maintained DNS records using Route53. Used AWS Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
- Worked with the API gateway service component for API management, to create, configure and deploy an API.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and engaged in enabling lambda functions for dynamic creation of Roles and also the policies.
- Migrated applications & infrastructure (physical servers) from on-premises to the AWS cloud .
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF . Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF .
- Used Kubernetes for container operations in AWS, used Kubernetes clusters as a scaling and load balancer, also Kubernetes is also good at running web applications in a cluster way, also used in multiple services by creating images and reduced space.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Created Docker Images and deployed Restful API microservcies in the Containers managed by Kubernetes .
- Created Docker images using a DockerFile to create tomcat along with required version of jdk container images, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB, and Docker registries. Worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Configured Grafana from a deamon container from Docker . Configured Grafana to access Prometheus as a data source.
- Designed and deployed a highly available and fault tolerant infrastructure on AWS using Terraform modules, these modules installs a web application in public subnet and database in private subnet which can communicate using the local route table in the VPC.
- Managed multiple AWS instances across multiple environment using Terraform scripts.
- Configured Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment pipeline by setting up Build, test, & deploy automation Jobs in Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java-based project by using Jenkins and Maven.
- Configured local Maven repositories with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Implemented ELK stack (Elastic Search, Log Stash and Kibana) for log indexing.
- Experience in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Used Ansible Python Script to generate inventory and push the deployment to Azure Instances.
- Involved in setting up Puppet Master/Client to automate installation and configuration across the environment.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Worked for supporting Ansible and puppet environment with 600+ servers.
- Worked on Agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet and Ansible .
- Worked with GIT version controls. Setting up new development branches, merging branches, facilitating the releases.
- Experience on GitLab code repo for team of application developers .
- Established a CI/CD environment using GitLab for continuous integration, development, and deployment for application development team
- Assisted in monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service outages, high Load Alerts etc.) Using Nagios.
- Constructed a RESTful API and Soap API to manage infrastructure services using Python.
- Troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Involved in installation, configuration, patching and administration of Linux/UNIX Servers, Upgrading.
- Worked on writing multiple Python, Ruby, and Shell scripts for various companywide tasks.
- Install, configure and administered WebLogic in clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Deployed the J2EE applications onto the WebLogic-managed servers, monitor the servers, and troubleshoot problem, provide resolutions to issues.
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MSSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS.
- Install and configure the RabbitMQ environment for the Analytics and setup the supervisor for managing process availability.
- Experience working with Webserver like Apache and Niginx.
- Integrate continuous deployment of applications using XLDeploy to development, testing and production environments.
- Used JIRA for creating bug tickets, storyboarding, pulling reports from the dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
Environment: AWS,Azure,PCF,GIT,GitLab,Puppet,Ansible,XLDeploy,Docker,Terraform,Python,Ruby,Shell,Jenkins,Maven,Nagios,WebLogic JIRA,Niginx.
Confidential, Mapelwood, Minnesota
Sr.DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Configured Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, and Cloud Services.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure. Express Route for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Worked in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Traffic Manager, VPN, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling and Azure Application Insights.
- Worked on ARM Templates based on XML and JSON, PowerShell and Database Packages scripts for the creating resource groups and its necessary resources to deploy an application using Visual Studio.
- Experience in using Azure Media and Content delivery, Azure Networking, and Azure Hybrid.
- Created a resource group, storage account, and Azure Files in cloud Shell using PowerShell . Created Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Involved in creating IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS and worked on Creating and maintaining Auto-scaling groups.
- Used AWS Lambda to execute code in response to triggers such as changes in data, shifts in system state, or actions by users and Lambda can be directly triggered by AWS services such as S3 , DynamoDB , SNS , and CloudWatch .
- Deployed and supported Mem-cache/AWS Elastic-Cache and then Configured Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for routing traffic between zones.
- Built new AWS environment from the ground up, utilizing AWS ECS for Docker container cluster management.
- Created snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Experience in working with Red Hat Linux machine, and worked with installation, deployment and maintenance of middleware application servers to RHEL Dev and Test environments.
- Created Docker images that handled Tomcat installation using major versions on the existing Maven-based image and then worked on building and testing these images.
- Utilized Docker as container management for writing Docker file in JSON format and Deployed spring boot applications using Docker .
- Used Kubernetes for container operations, used Kubernetes clusters as a scaling and load balancer, also Kubernetes is also good at running web applications in a cluster way, also used in multiple services by creating images and reduced space.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the microservices to pull the image from the private Docker Registry and deploy to Kubernetes cluster using the Spinnaker.
- Worked with Spinnaker for Continuous Deployment with Kubernetes and used OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes, Container Storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy.
- Deployed multiple databases and applications using Kubernetes cluster management, some of the services are Redis, Nginx and maintained Kubernetes to manage Containerized applications.
- Supported provisioning by creating and configuring virtual development environments using Hashicrop tool Vagrant.
- Used Terraform for cloud Automation like setting up the target environment, which comprises of VPC's, Subnet's, Security Group's for the migrated server's to be launched.
- Experience in Implementing Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Experience in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins . Familiar with integrating JUNIT code quality tool.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with the JFrog Artifactory and wrote CI/CD pipeline in Groovy scripts to enable end-to-end setup of build & deployment using Jenkins.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in the shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.XML.
- Design an ELK system to monitor and search enterprise alerts and Installed, configured and maintained the ELK Stack for Log management within VMs for Elastic Search. Monitored performance of the applications and analyzed log information using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Written scripts with scripting language like Bash configured the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower.
- Implemented the Ansible and used the Ansible Vault to store the sensitive information and deploying to environments by using Jenkins for the AEM pipeline deployments.
- Created Chef cookbooks for building, maintenance, automation and configuration of multiple servers.
- Worked on Chef to automate the process of deploying, testing the new builds in each environment, setting up new nodes and configuring servers.
- Created Chef Cookbooks to deploy new software and plugins as well as manage deployments to the production Jenkins server.
- Implemented GIT branching and merging operations for .NET Source Code in the Agile Development Methodologies and worked on GIT (GitHub) repositories as Distributed Version Control System.
- Enabling GitHub WebHook for polling SCM and GitHub pull request plugins and Jenkins WebHook plugin configuration.
- Managed on setting up Kafka for streaming data and monitoring for the Kafka Cluster and involved in creation and designing of data ingest pipelines using technologies such as Apache Strom and Kafka.
- Deployed newly built code and removal of old code using Web Sphere Admin Console. Installation, Configuration, tuning of WebSphere Application server version 7.0 and upgrading with fix packs.
- Responsible for Project Management in Linux/Unix/Windows system integration projects.
- Diagnose issues with Java applications running in Tomcat or JBoss, and installation and configuration of database like MySQL and MongoDB .
- Worked with New Relic for monitoring performance like browser and for tracking issues in SQL statements, software, operating system, and hardware resources.
- Provided support in the performance testing using JMeter task includes developing test plan, test script, and reports.
- Hands on experience on website code and website patch Deployment and deployment tools like UDeploy (IBM), URelease.
- Developed Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis across multiple teams and sectors.
- Configured and managed Splunk cluster environments for both search heads and indexers.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as a defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
Environment: AWS,Azure,Maven,Git,Bash,YAML,Ruby,Jenkins,Terraform,Chef,Ansible,Kubernetes,Docker,Splunk,NewRelic,WebSphere,JBOSS, Jira,Kafka.
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
Sr.DevOps / Cloud Engineer
- Configured AWS-EC2 Cloud Instances by configuring AMIs using Packer and launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed, secured, and configured AWS cloud servers using EC2, SNS, SQS, RDS, Cloud Formation, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, S3 and Route53.
- Involved in configuring Elastic Load Balancers with Auto scaling to handle high traffic loads and used Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) in AWS.
- Deployed MySQL RDS Database in Multi Availability Zones for high availability and created Read Replicas of primary DB.
- Involved in Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is the public or private network.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Google Cloud Platform to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Google Cloud Load Balancing.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration.
- Migrated few physical servers (Windows and Linux) into the Google Cloud Platform. This provided better high availability (HA) and allowed to reduce the dependency on remote datacenters.
- Used Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Services Like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage, and Cloud Deployment Manager and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of Cloud computing architecture and Implementation using GCP.
- Managed Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Deployed OpenStack on top of a Kubernetes Control plane with each of the OpenStack components running as Docker containers.
- Created clusters of instances running on Kubernetes and pushing them into Google Cloud using Jenkins and deploying them into hosting environments using GCP's Containers as a Service (CAAS).
- Performed day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VMs and Docker swarm in Google Cloud Platform.
- Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-production environments.
- Integrated Chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework and created roles, environments using Chef handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Managed Puppet Enterprise Upgrade Project using new Puppet 4.x syntax and improvements to the Puppet Development Workflow that supports Unit Testing and Acceptance Testing for individual Puppet Modules. New Development workflow uses different open source tools like Server Spec, Vagrant and Packer in order to validate changes across different Puppet modules.
- Worked with the Groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where Groovy Jenkins Plugin and Groovy Post Build Action Plugin is used as a build step and post-build actions.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using apache Ant as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and automated builds using Ant for creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Experience in software Build tools like and Apache Ant to write Build.xml respectively and Integrated Ant with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Designed GIT branching strategies, merging per the needs of release frequency by implementing GIT workflow on Bitbucket.
- Involved in Python programming for deployment of Java applications and implementation and automation of Shell scripts for release and build automation.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit , Find-bugs, Check-Style, SonarQube and Gerrit for code review.
- Wrote custom monitoring and integrated monitoring methods into the deployment process to develop self-healing solutions using Nagios.
- Applied Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of an automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Installed, configured and set up the XLDeploy to deploy the applications.
- Worked on creation of Change requests and Service requests using tool Service Now .
- Providing support to the Development, QA and application group through Service Now ticketing system.
- Experience of database technology such SQL, PLSQL, and MySQL including NoSQL databases.
Environment: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Maven, ANT, GIT, Bitbucket, Python, Shell, Groovy, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker, JBOSS, Service Now.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Build and Release Engineer
- Managed source code management tools like SVN, and strong experience with Branching and Merging in this environment and created the repositories in GitHub.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Managed GIT for legacy products also automated the weekly deployments with Jenkins and maintained Maven's pom.xml scripts.
- Strong experience with build automation tools Maven Implemented MAVEN builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Worked with Ansible and wrote playbooks for Installation and Configuration of CI/CD tools.
- Created Playbooks in YAML scripting using Ansible for deploying application in test environments.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the microservices to pull the image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle ( SDLC ) in Agile framework.
- Initiate automated builds using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) to successfully deploy the files.
- Worked with the process of deploying EAR, WAR, JAR files to application servers like Apache Tomcat & Web sphere.
- Worked in VMWare virtualization environment.
- Experience on Distributed online analytic platform Kafka , Cassandra , Elastic search (ELK), scaling, and fault tolerance.
- Tested Splunk search strings & operational strings and used it as a resource monitoring tool. Worked with administrators to ensure Splunk is actively and accurately running and monitoring on the current infrastructure implementation.
- Developed PowerShell script to fetch necessary information from web pages according to the requirement and to automate routine tasks when applicable.
- Used Atlassian JIRA ticketing tool to track.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere Application server, Shell script, Ruby, Bash script, PowerShell script, JIRA, Splunk.
Build and Release Engineer
- Administration and maintenance of Red Hat Linux.
- Documenting the process of code promotion, defect tracking and user guide for Subversion. Maintained users' security on SVN .
- Configured, maintained, applied changes and fail-over schedules of HA servers running Veritas Cluster Server and Red Hat Cluster Server.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion ( SVN ) etc.,).
- Migrated 100+ application Source Code from Subversion Sources Code Repository onto GIT Bitbucket as part of the CICD Jenkins onboarding effort.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, has written MAVEN scripts and shell scripts to automate the build process.
- Created Chef manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Worked on using chef Attributes, Templates, Recipes, files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby .
- Used YUM and Red Hat Package Manager on various servers.
- Installed JBoss, Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments.
- Managed Nexus, Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Created the Clustering Topology in WebSphere Application Server ND V6.x to achieve Work Load Management (WLM), High availability, Load Balancing and Hardware fail over.
- Responsible for monitoring tool like Nagios in Build Automation and Release Management.
- Performed smoke testing on products before promoting to QA.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Chef, Maven, SonarQube, Shell scripts, Python, YAML, JBoss,Tomcat, Apache Web server, WebSphere, Nagios.
Build and Release Engineer
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems, GIT and created the repositories in GitHub.
- Maintained branches/forks in GitHub version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release.
- Designed and scripting using ANT and MAVEN for (J2EE, Web Services, Reusable JARS, Web Client and Open Source) in creating Master Build.xml, Build. Properties & Pom.xml files and provided technical support to development team for compilation problems.
- Used CI Bamboo tool to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured Bamboo Remote agent on Windows and Linux platform to perform .Net Applications Builds.
- Installed SonarQube on Bamboo server and configure with the build process for the code analysis process for better code quality and code metrics, and rapid feedback for development teams and managers.
- Designed end to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by Chef cookbooks and recipes and used Chef server and workstation to manage and configure nodes and Developed scripts using Ruby format for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Managed Windows virtual servers and Ubuntu Linux ( Rack space and AWS EC2) with Chef using GIT .
- Configured, maintained, applied changes and fail-over schedules of HA servers running Veritas Cluster Server and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Installed WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments.
- Assisted Performance testing teams to improve the overall performance of J2EE applications services on BEA WebLogic Application Server Platforms and managed and Administered Web
- Work closely with developers to perform ongoing monitoring configuration for performance and functionality utilizing Sumo Logic, and Nagios.
- Worked in writing Jira API Tools to auto-move Service Desk tickets of one tissue type to a Jira project of another issue type and to extract the list of Jira users with the respective Jira Groups and Project Roles.
Environment: Git, GitHub, Ant, Maven, Bamboo, SonarQube, Chef, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Web server, Sumo Logic, Nagios, Jira.