- Strong analytical experience in Web based Application Testing, Functional, Integration, Smoke and Regression Testing.
- Expert in preparing test plan, test cases, test procedure, and test scripts for automated and manual testing as per user requirements and functional specifications of the system.
- Experience of Creating, Modifying and Maintaining new and existing Automation Framework Models (BDD/TDD/ATDD, Hybrid, Keyword and Data Driven Frameworks)
- Developed test cases using functional requirements, use cases, explicitly provided the traceability from the requirements to the test suites.
- Experience in Core Java, development by applying different concepts like OOPS concepts, Collections, Strings, Exception handling, etc.
- Developed and implemented Selenium Page Object Model (POM) framework with Selenium WebDriver using Object Oriented Programming language Java, comprehension tool Maven and, open source unit test framework TestNG.
- Responsible for converting automation scripts to new framework using Selenium Web Driver, Java and TestNG.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Experience in generating E - mailable HTML Test Reports using Maven & TestNG.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Experienced in using GitHub as a source repository system.
- Experienced in using Jenkin as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Experience in Parallel Execution of Multiple Tests at the same time in different environments.
- Good understand with Web Services and expert in writing test cases and executing Web Services using SOAP and REST protocol on Postman.
- Experienced with Agile (Scrum) methodology approach and follow-up with JIRA.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr Automation Engineer
- Planed, designed, executed test plans and test cases for automated test and manual test to support maintenance releases for multiple web-based applications.
- Attended grooming, test planning, Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning Meetings and retro meeting.
- Exposure in developing, implementing and maintaining Automation frameworks - Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid and Page Object Model.
- Develop QA Automation Test Framework to ensure the code reusability and code maintainability, which reduces the script development time.
- Created Modular Automated Global Test framework library for reusable, easy to use and easy maintenance automated test scripts.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Implement wide range of UI functional testing Data driven Framework with Page Object Model pattern.
- Experienced with automating RESTFUL web services testing using Java libraries like REST-Assured.
- Used the Rest Assured java library to automate Restful Web services.
- Perform Continuous integration automation testing using Jenkins and scheduled the tests to run at specific time and during the build deployment.
- Used Postman tool to test SOA based architecture application to test REST API.
- Successfully automated process of email notification of daily Smoke tests and Regression in Jenkins by taking code from GIT.
- Engage in continuous automated testing activity throughout agile development iterations, updated test results in JIRA.
- Responsible for keeping up with the test schedule and interacting with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
- Worked in Agile methodology that includes QA planning & execution in Sprints, Participation in the Scrum & Sprint review/retrospective.
Test automation Engineer
- Worked on an agile development environment - consisting of many iterative releases with extensive co-ordination between the developers, testers and the business analysts.
- Automated the Sprint Stories based on the acceptance criteria.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
- Created Modular Automated Global Test Framework Library for easy to use, reusable and easy maintenance automated test scripts.
- Created test scripts in the JAVA Language for new functionalities and maintained existing scripts for upgraded functionalities.
- Setup testing environments and prepare test data for testing flows to validate and prove positive and negative cases.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Reported automation script result to manager using Log4j and Extent Reports.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different browsers.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Pushed defects in JIRA with defect type, priority, and detail information about the defect and route it to the specified application group.
- Automated test scripts using OOPs concept to implement test cases, test scenarios, and features for behavior driven and test driven using a hybrid framework of Cucumber and Gherkin.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database.
- Managed and updated the Traceability matrix of requirements to test cases using requirement coverage
- Participated in bug triage meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bugs and reported the status of the defects in the daily status meetings.
- Identified weaknesses in QA Processes, Web testing, Selenium Automation. Suggested & implemented improvements.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Automated Web Application Testing using Java Selenium framework in an Agile environment.
- Wrote automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and the test environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Automated the Sprint Stories based on the acceptance criteria.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Used Git for Build Management for each release, QA, Integration and staging environments.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI/design, Block Box, End to End, Navigational and Regression tests during the execution phase.
- Preparing reports of all automation difficulties and test results for a further application using Maven.
- Organized meeting with the developers to communicate the defects and other issues.
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validations.
- Worked Extensively with Business Analyst and Developers to discuss the defects and their fixes.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Selenium Grid, Postman
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
Programming Languages: Java, HTML, XML
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM, Quality Center (QC)