- Around 6 years of experience as AWS/DevOps Engineer framework in application configurations, code compilation, packaging, building, automating, managing and releasing code from Confidential environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and GIT on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT and Gradle as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Ant & Maven build packages.
- Involved in writing the Maven and Gradle scripts for the configuration of J2EE applications.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Administered and implemented CI tools Hudson/Jenkins, Docker, Bamboo, Build Forge for automated builds.
- Implemented testing environment for Kubernetes and administered the Kubernetes Clusters.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat application server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and IBM Web sphere.
- Experience with content delivery network (CDN) provider to create a tiered caching scheme using paired parent caches to reduce storage IOPS by 75% and reduce origin server count by 80%.
- Experienced working on virtualization using VMware ESX
- Experience in using LVM for creating volumes and file systems.
- Experience in Atlassian products such as BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, SourceTree, and Bamboo.
- Good experience in DevOps tools Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Good experience in DevOps tools Urban Code Deploy, Puppet, Chef.
- Used scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and web Service like AWS.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Chef/Puppet.
- Implemented Puppet modules and manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Worked with Terraform DSL for automating inside the AWS cloud.
- Worked on AWS environment on all environments. Using Terraform created and deployed lambda functions using Jenkins.
- Worked on converting existing AWS Infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and re-built the broken infrastructure.
- Used scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Ansible and web Service like AWS.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks using the several of its components like attributes, files, recipes, resources and templates.
- Experience in log monitoring tools like Icinga, Nagios and Splunk.
- Experienced in writing Icing checks, notifications and event scripts
- Experienced in deploying Database Changes to Oracle, MS SQL Server and MY SQL databases.
- Efficient in working closely with Development, QA, Product and Business owner teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases across multiple platforms and environments.
- Documented, Implemented and Maintained program level processes and desk level procedures to perform tasks complaint with Software Configuration Practices.
- Documented daily meetings, Build reports, Release Notes and many other day-today documentation and Status Reports.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, Gerrit
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
CI & Provisioning Tools: Hudson-Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Bamboo
AWS Services: EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Code Commit, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, and AMIs, VPC, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Kafka, Glacier, IAM
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, RedHat LINUX, Ubuntu
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Confluence.
Database Automation Tools: DBmaestro, Automic.
Data Streaming: Kinesis, Chatterbox, Chaos Monkey
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodology
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Python, Java/J2EE
Scripts: Shell Script, Ant Script, Batch Script, Power Shell Scripting
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL.
Monitoring Tools: Icinga2.x, Icinga, Nagios and spluk.
Web/App Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Web Sphere
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices based on company policy, installation of packages and patches for RHEL Servers.
- Configured Ansible to automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Cloud formation scripts, and Auto scaling and to manage AWS environments.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible .
- Created Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes.
- Experience in IaaS managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management using Ansible.
- Experience in building new application and deployment through Ansible and managing them in production environment.
- Worked on creation of Ansible manifest files to install Tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Ran Ansible playbooks and created various roles for applications, then deployed the Applications/Services on hosts.
- Automated delivery pipeline using integration and infrastructure tools GIT, Jenkins and Ansible .
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins
- Used Ansible Python Script to generate inventory and push the deployment to AWS Instances.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from Confidential environment to other environments.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, EC2, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Code Commit, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, and AMIs, VPC, Route53, monitor using Cloud watch, have expertise in lambdas, and kafka set the security groups, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
- Worked closely with DevOps and software developers to debug sytem and software problems
- Worked with SVN to perform merging, branching, and tagging depending on requirement and manage source code repositories.
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Administered Jenkins Pipeline for CI/CD into Tomcat/WebSphere application servers.
- Worked on Nagios to identify and resolve infrastructure problems, worked on Nagios event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Experienced during Bash Shell Scripting, automation of cron jobs in a timely manner.
- Created S3 buckets, managed policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Developing PowerShell and Linux Bash scripts to perform system automation.
- Created a simple ChatterBot using python.
- Creating and configuring the spinnaker for Chaos Monkey.
- Creating disk groups, volumes and file systems using VERITAS Volume Manager and LVM.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Used Atlassian JIRA as tracking tool in this project.
- Documented the procedures and solution in Confluence.
- Participated in daily team meetings and weekly release meetings, identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases and good team player.
Environment and Tools: RedHat, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, GIT, SVN, Maven, Ant, Nagios, Docker, AWS (Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, AMI, Route53, Glacier, Code Commit, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline), Tomcat, WebSphere, JIRA, Confluence, Veritas Volume Manager, MySQL, Shell Scripting, Python, ChatterBot, Chao Monkey.
Confidential, Boston, MA.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Designing EC2 instances architecture to meet high availability architecture and security parameters.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS
- Managing AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers from SCM to Gerrit and Puppet.
- Worked on building & deploying Java code through Jenkins, used Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and worked AWS Cloud management.
- Troubleshooting instances in AWS like connecting instances, stopping instances, rebooting instances, failed status check and recovery failure.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP . Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Extensively working with distributed version control system GIT.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS Pipeline.
- Working with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using Ant Scripts and Jenkins.
- Deploying J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process and migrated from Maven to Gradle build tools in Jenkins to move from Confidential environment to other environments.
- Using Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Dockerfiles and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Implementing CI/CD Automation Process using various CI Tool Jenkins Pipeline CD Tool Docker .
- Working on Nexus to upload/download the build artifacts.
- Configuring and integrating the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool Puppet.
- Creating release pipelines using GIT, puppet for automatic workflow.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS . This includes scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Excellent knowledge in Website Hosting and maintaining the dedicated server in Amazon AWS instance.
- Performing weekly maintenance reboots of production servers, troubleshooting and replacement of server hardware, contacted server support for any issues not revolved by our team.
- Building and migrating from older Icinga to Icinga 2.x
- Building the upgrade and migration plan as well as overseeing the development of a new build and deploy pipeline as well as the implementation of new monitoring (Icinga) and job orchestration (Rundeck) systems.
- Responsible for creating custom plugins for Icinga system monitoring.
- Monitoring the health of our servers and infrastructure via Icinga.
- Developing PowerShell and Linux Bash scripts to perform system automation.
- Experienced in Administrating, troubleshooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in Web Sphere, Web Logic and Apache-Tomcat .
- Write data load scripts to pull the data from multiple data sources like SQL Server database, spreadsheets uploaded on a SFTP etc.
- Creating, managing and performing container-based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together.
- Conducting POCs with Docker based applications server configurations in Amazon Web Services Cloud.
- Working with the Docker to package an application with all of its dependencies into a standardized unit for Software Development.
- Responsible for installing, updating, diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA.
- Creating and configuring new JIRA projects and worked with departments to maintain existing JIRA projects.
- Kept information organized and accessible with a flexible page hierarchy using Atlassian Confluence pages.
- Configuring Workflows, created new Jobs and modified existing projects to automate.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
Environment and Tools: AWS EC2, ELB, S3, Glacier, GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins, Maven to Gradle, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, migrated Icinga to Icinga 2.x, JIRA, SVN to GIT migration, Python, MYSQL, Shell, Powershell, Linux, Windows, ANT/Maven, WebSphere Application, Tomcat, Oracle, DBmaestro, Java, J2EE Applications.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
- Provided hands-on technical leadership and expertise in setting up and managing the SCM process.
- Generated and maintained the Project SCM plan as per CMMI standard level.
- Configured GIT with Bamboo and scheduled jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Developed scripts to pull and push data from BitBucket.
- Setup BitBucket code repository for mobile development and integrated it with the new active directory.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deployed them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Created builds using power shell scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Set up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Bamboo and Maven.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers and Confidential Bamboo server to deploy into Production and non- production environments. Migrated Jenkins plans from Confidential of the Jenkins to Bamboo.
- Involved in setting up the backup server for Jenkins and prepared disaster recovery plans for Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Set up CI and formal builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository.
- Troubleshooted deployment and installation issues.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Configured changes and new environment setup.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and Production.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Rundeck and deployment automation.
- Migrated checks from Nagios to Icinga.
- Worked on Configuration of Icinga for automatic system performance alerts.
- Implemented new Icinga and maintained old monitoring systems (Nagios). Write new and fix r rewrite old Nagios plug-ins (Bash and Perl) for production applications and databases.
- Implementation and maintenance of Nagios Core monitoring software with self-healing scripts at multiple sites.
- Created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch .
- Created Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Integrated JIRA, Confluence with different plugins based on system, user, and project requests, and upgrading these plugins.
- Set up automated health monitoring and developed integration with Nagios to alert Flowdock for critical service failures with Collaborator.
- Monitored of servers through Nagios monitoring tool, wrote custom services to monitor various application.
- Ensured servers and environments are available for developments and testing validation is meeting the expectation.
- Made sure the configuration, version and systems are working fine.
Environment: EC2, ELB, IAM, Cloud Watch, Lambda Function, GIT, Ant, Tomcat, Bamboo, Chef, Nagios to Icinga migration, Nagios, WebSphere, HP Service Manager, Java, SVN, Stash, VMware, Linux, JBOSS, Shell, Nexus, WebLogic, WebSphere.
Confidential, St Petersburg, FL
- Designed and developed Application using Spring MVC and Spring Templates.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Exception Handling, Collection API's to implement various features and enhancements.
- Used Oracle 11g hosted in Amazon RDS as the Database.
- Installed and configured MySQL on Linux and Windows environments.
- Configured and maintained MySQL database servers.
- Designing, coding, unit testing, defect fixing, deployments, issues debugging, etc. for multiple modules in CONGO.
- Used Hibernate for connecting to the database and mapping the entities by using hibernate annotations.
- Designed and developed the framework to consume the web services hosted in Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked with Spring Core for concept of Inversion of control (IOC), Spring MVC Framework for Dependency Injection (DI), and Spring Context to provide message sources.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries by using React.JS.
- Used Amazon EC2 for deploying and testing the lower environments such as Dev, INT and Test.
- Used Amazon IAM to maintain the user credentials and also involved in creating custom IAM policies to various groups defined within the organization.
- Worked with object storage service Amazon S3 to store and retrieve media files such as images.
- Monitored the application and stored the logging information via Cloud Watch.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Exported SQL data into Elastic search to allow much faster and scalable user searches from the database.
- Developed AngularJS Single Page Application consuming JSON data from Restful services.
- Used AngularJS framework for building web-apps and is highly efficient in integrating with Restful services.
- Debugging production issues, root cause analysis and fixing.
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services
- Developed Junit test classes for unit testing purposes.
- Involved in setting up Maven configuration and helping Continuous Integration (CI) Issues.
- Developed server running script for automation using the JBoss application server.
- Extensively used GIT as the version controlling Tool.
- Involved in debugging the defects, code review and analysis of Performance issues.
- Integrated different other modules with current existing reporting applications.
- Extensively used JUnit/Mockito and developed JUnit tests classes.
- Involved in Jenkins configuration.
- Worked on production issues, used JIRA for an issue tracking.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Java 8, Multithreading, core Java, Spring 4.0, Hibernate ORM 4.3.0, Spring web- flow, Spring MVC, Spring AOP, Spring Hibernate, JSP, JSF 2.2, JSTL, HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, Java Script, AngularJS, Node Js, XML, Web services (Soap and Rest), JBoss 6.3, Oracle11g, MY SQL, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Cloud Watch, AWS Lambda, Amazon IAM, Elastic Search, GIT, JIRA, Junit, Unix, Log4j.
- Involved in the analysis, design and implementation phases of SIS.
- Used Rational Rose to develop Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and State Chart Diagrams to model the system.
- Designed custom user interfaces using JSP and HTML.
- Used Spring MVC framework to develop the entire business logic of the system.
- Used Oracle to implement the database and store all kinds of information such as text, images, streaming audio/video, etc.
- Incorporated JDBC API to create, retrieve and update data from the database.
- Extensively wrote PL/SQL queries, triggers and stored procedures to manipulate data stored within the database.
- Performed unit testing using Junit test framework.
- Involved in Waterfall software development methodology with develop web applications.
- Involved in Documentation and testing web application.
- Used SQL statements to create the tables and views.
- Extensive experience in SQL Server Database design, Database maintenance, developing, stored procedures and triggers.
- Experience in creating Infused Modeling Language (UML) diagrams like Class, Sequence and Use case diagrams.