- Versatile Cloud/Devops Engineer with around 8 years of distinguished career experience with emphasis in DevOps methodologies and focused on Automation of Build/Deployment/Environment Management areas by implementing CI & CD pipelines.
- Proficient experience in Devops automation tools like Git, Subversion, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios and SonarQube.
- Configured, built, deployed and managed a swarm of applications employing Amazon Web Services like EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM and SNS.
- Experienced in AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data - stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Hands-on Experience in conversion of on premise infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda) and transition into cloud platforms like Aws/Azure and deployed via Terraform.
- Experience in creating multiple terraform modules to manage configurations, applications, services and automate installation process for web servers and instances.
- Responsible for Designing and implementing Azure Cloud Environment and configured shared access signatures(SAS) tokens and storage access policies.
- Expertise on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Active Directories, Azure search, DNS, VPN Gateway and Notification hub.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using the tools Jenkins, Git and Docker.
- Build the maven artifacts using Jenkins and Deploying into Amazon Cloud Environment and adding Monitoring Metrics to Cloud Watch and the respective Alarms.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, MS Build and working knowledge on other build tools like Graddle.
- Expertise on usage of Ansible Playbooks, Ansible Tower, Inventory, configuration files and Roles. Utilized Ansible playbook with python for testing automatic spinning of ec2 instances in AWS.
- Proficient in writing Ansible playbooks for the automation through tasks using YAML format. Used Ansible Vault and Ansible Tower, to secure sensitive data and control the access of playbooks.
- Well versed with usage of puppet roles, profiles to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services and also Leveraged Hiera to create various re-usable puppet modules.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infrastructure, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Expert on container based deployments using Docker Files, Docker images, Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Machine, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in writing Docker files with best practices along with docker linting, Docker container management along with volumes, container-based DB and services, Docker Artifactory (Jfrog) configuration and setup.
- Extensively worked with Micro Services Architecture using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring and Managing Docker Containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere using Docker.
- Proficient experience in installation of Kubernetes single node environment on a Jenkins slave node using Kubeadm setup scripts and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications and managed Kubernetes manifest files.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Bit Bucket, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Used GIT version control to manage the source code and integrating GIT with Jenkins to support build automation and integrated with JIRA to monitor the commits.
- Mastery of writing Bash and PowerShell scripts for setting up baselines, branching, merging and worked on python to schedule Cron jobs for monitoring server resources.
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Ruby and Groovy scripting.
- Extensively used JIRA defect tracking tool for tracking bugs and expert in using salesforce and service now for ticketing.
- Mastery of Agile development methodologies namely Scrum and Sprints model. Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post-production analysis.
- Expertise in creating monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch, Azure Monitor and worked on monitoring tools namely Nagios and Splunk in prod and non-prod.
- Experience in installing and configuring, upgrading RHEL 5.x/6.x/7.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x using kick start server and worked on multiplatform VMware and windows.
- Solid Understanding in using various routed protocols TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Worked with RDBMS such as Oracle, postgreSQL and Exposure to development and modification of SQL queries.
- Experience in installing Web servers such as IIS, Apache http Server and integrating them with Web logic servers.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issue generated while building, deploying and during production hence assisting teams deliver a scalable and Fault tolerant software into production environments.
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure.
Virtualization: VMware Client, vSphere 5.x, Virtual Box, Power VM
Version Control: SVN, GIT, CVS, Bit Bucket
Continuous Integration: Hudson, Bamboo, Jenkins
Container: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Azure AKS
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build
Defect Management: HP service Centre, Remedy, Nexus, JIRA.
Installer Development: RPM, Install-shield.
Release Orchestration: Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
Monitoring Tools: Azure Monitor, Splunk, Nagios, CloudWatch
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, NoSQL
Operating Systems: Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS), Windows, UNIX.
Web & Application Servers: WebLogic, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Cloud Automation Engineer
- Experience working on Azure Cloud services, Azure storage, Azure CLI, Azure Active Directory(AD) and Azure WebApps.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks and excellent skills in deploying Azure AD Connect configuring ADFS authentication flow.
- Experience on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage and firewall rules.
- Provisioned the high availability of Azure VMs using Terraform and ARM templates, wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked on deploying the Virtual Machines with Microsoft Monitoring Agent / Operational Management Suite ( OMS ) Extension using the PowerShell Scripts .
- Managed Clusters with various Servers in Azure Cloud Resource groups. Implemented various services in Azure like Data Lake to store and analyze the data. Managed to orchestrate the data to and from Data Lake Store using Azure Data factory.
- Used Azure Resource Manager (ARM) to deploy, update, or delete all the resources for your solution in a single, coordinated operation.
- Established SSO connections using SAML 2.0 and OAuth 2.0 protocols in the AD Azure PaaS Solutions - (DR on cloud using Azure Recovery Vault, Azure Web and Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage).
- Used Azure BLOB to access required files and Azure Storage Queues to communicate between related processes.
- Installing, configuring and administering Azure Devops Continuous Integration (CI) tool on Windows machines along with Azure Repos and Artifactory.
- Created many custom Chef cookbooks and recipes and tested them using Test Kitchen using different drivers Docker, Vagrant etc. with Chef-Zero & Chef-Solo in different platforms before sharing them in Chef-Server.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Wrote Junit test cases for integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Experience in interlinking multiple Jenkins jobs with pipeline, integrated SonarQube to run as part of Jenkins build job, monitoring nightly, daily builds and Deploy with different environment like QA, UAT, DEV, PROD.
- Installed Code Coverage SONAR on Jenkins server and configured with the build process for the code analysis process for better code quality.
- Integrated GIT with Azure Devops using the Azure Git to automate the process of source code.
- Created not only the adhoc GIT stashes but also post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos. Developed branching model in Bit Bucket using Git Flow.
- Built EAR and WAR files with custom configuration settings using Maven Tool Kit and further developed Ansible Playbooks to pull the Artifacts stored in Nexus to continuously deploy the archives on to windows server R8, windows server R12.
- Worked on migration of exiting old maven repository to new Sona type Nexus repository and worked with developers to change Maven, Gradle to use new maven repository effectively by providing maven based super pom & settings and Gradle based unit scripts.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and Worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm and compose.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, Schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior and created Docker file for each Micro-service based applications to the Docker container .
- Created Docker images from scratch and customizing them as per the requirement, with working on containers, Snapshots, managing volumes , directory structure and removing Docker images.
- Worked seamlessly with Azure Kubernetes Service(AKS) management tools such as Helm, Draft and worked with Azure Data Factory (ADF) to create, schedule and manage data pipelines.
- Created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files.
- Managed Kubernetes manifest files & Helm packages to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Replaced Splunk logging and analytics with Azure Monitor increasing data capture capacity and reducing costs.
- Developed Custom Shell/Bash Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage according to the requirement and Performed Administrative and Management tasks using shell Scripts written in Bash, Python and CRON tab in Linux to automate the tasks.
- Profusely worked to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes the Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows PowerShell and Cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for microservices maintenance and troubleshooting and application performance monitoring using Nagios .
- Proficient experience in JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and Profusely worked on Issue monitoring- Jira blank board and worked on salesforce for ticketing.
- Became familiar with Sprint planning, sprint retro Planning, sprint grooming and scrum meetings.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand their requirements and ensuring all steps are successfully completed and document their completion times and issue logs.
- Proficient experience in working with post-deployment issues and to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
Environment: Azure(Devops, ARM, CLI, AD, Webapps), Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Git, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Shell scripts, Python, Power Shell, Ruby, YAML, SonarQube, Windows, Nexus, Artifactory, Nagios, JIRA, Salesforce
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Involved in designing and architecting multitude applications utilizing AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM ) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web services cloud to support Enterprise data warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Elastic Load Balancer and Route Tables.
- Developed four staged CI/CD pipelines with AWS Code Pipeline plugin for Jenkins, GitHub Repository, Jenkins build server EC2 instance using IAM instance role, proxy and firewall settings to allow inbound connections on server and AWS Code Deploy.
- Hands on experience in monitoring EC2 instances using CloudWatch.
- Created S3 buckets to back up the files and customized it in JSON format and assign the policies so that who can access the files.
- Created detailed AWS Security Groups which behaved as virtual firewalls and managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling and Glacier for QA and UAT.
- Experienced in CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Extensively involved in managing AWS infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform and worked on plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Written templates for azure infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Designed Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Experience in Designing Azure Resource Manager(ARM) Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell and Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure Active Directory (AD) Premium to securely authenticate users.
- Experience in working on Azure Fabric, Micro services & Docker Containers in Azure. Ability to create scripts using Azure PowerShell during automation and built-in process.
- Writing Docker files with best practices along with Docker linting, Docker container management along with volumes, container based DB and services, Docker Artifactory (Nexus) configuration and setup.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on all major components of Docker namely , Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry .
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Managed Kubernetes using Helm charts . Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes pods, created nodes and replicated them and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Administrated GIT Source code tools and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the Branching strategies for GIT . Experienced in GIT forks, tagging, handling merge reques ts and notifications.
- Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible . Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage changes.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes (MongoDB, Redis, and MySQL).
- Used Maven as build tool to build artifacts and was involved in managing Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases. Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Oracle Fusion Middleware applications using bash Scripts and Jenkins.
- Experience in setting up Jenkins server and building jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git and integrating Git with Jenkins to automate the code check out process with the help of Jenkins DSL Plugin.
- Worked on JIRA installation, configuration and maintained for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Configured and used Nagios to monitor and analyze the performance of the server by generating various reports of CPU utilization, Memory Usage and JVM Heap Size etc.
- Designed and developed BASH Scripting as a part of the ETL Process to automate the process of loading and used Python scripts to update content in the database and manipulate files.
- Worked on implementation teams to build and engineer servers on platforms namely, Ubuntu, Centos and RHEL Linux and Windows.
- Monitoring of multiple customer contact points including email, ticket queues and slack chat .
Environment: AWS, VPC, ELB, S AWS Lambda, AWS AMIs, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus, Artifactory, Nagios, JIRA, Maven, Shell scripts, Python, YAML, Windows, Linux, Slack
Confidential, New Jersey
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible .
- Extensively used AWS EC2, IAM, S3, LAMBDA, EBS, ELB, auto scaling group services.
- Created a Word press environment on AWS using terraform and ansible, which consists of custom VPC, RDS, Public and Private subnets, Security Groups and route53.
- Provided POC’S to provision the AWS infrastructure using ansible playbooks which includes checking the health status and monitoring.
- Used Ruby and Python, to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments, developed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Dispatching specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Expertise in cookbooks and recipes using Ruby in Chef Workstation & deploying them to various nodes .
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Created different Docker container images for full stack implementation. Experience with Linux systems, virtualization in a largescale environment and setting up test environments.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Developed configuration management plan using JIRA and SVN in an integrated environment.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Worked on used Nagios for monitoring the build statuses.
- Extensively used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
Environment: AWS ( AWS EC2, IAM, S3, LAMBDA, EBS, ELB), Ant, Maven, Ansible, Git, Docker, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, Confluence, Subversion, Nagios, Jira.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that include installation and configuration of Puppet master, Agent nodes, and an admin control workstation. Experienced in writing modules for Puppet and good understanding to analyze the manifests.
- Developing Maven and Shell Scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of web logic applications.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component ANT projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Created branches to developers and operating them through the GIT and using Bitbucket as our remote repository.
- Experienced in designing and implementing CI system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl Scripts.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of trunk.
- Experienced in writing Shell Scripts, Python Scripts, Ruby Scripts and maintaining Different Virtualization environments like VM ware, Vagrant.
- Creation of Build & Release plan, analysis & presentation of Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Troubleshoot build issues in Jenkins, performance and generating metrics on master’s along with jobs usage.
- Responsible to interface with Engineers and Operations to establish and maintain the software development structure using CI/CD tools on UNIX and Windows.
- Revolutionized the traditional build process with the automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tool. Installed Jenkins CI to production, Development and test areas.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, Branches, Merges, and the access control strategies and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
Environment: Git, SVN, Jenkins, Shell Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, VM ware, Vagrant, Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Puppet, Nexus.
Linux System Administrator
- Installed, Configured and maintained Red Hat Linux, CentOS, servers, DNS, LDAP, NFS.
- Installed WebSphere Application severs on RedHat Linux boxes. Created subversion repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout.
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux Systems.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Systems performance monitoring.
- Experience with VMware Virtualization.
- Assembling the systems and installing operating system and application software.
- Designing computer displays to accomplish goals using flowcharts and diagrams.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on LINUX environments using shell scripting.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools Clo 4.0 monitoring.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Installing and upgrading of packages and patches configuration management, version control, service pack and reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
Environment: RHEL, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX, Shell Scripting, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, SVN, Bash, Ruby, Python.
Jr. Java Developer
- Involved in gathering initial software requirements for the application.
- Developed web application using JSP, Servlets, Java beans that uses MVC design paradigm.
- Java programming with Multi-threading and performance tuning experience.
- Developed front-end using HTML, CSS and JSP.
- Wrote SQL for JDBC prepared statements to retrieve the data from database.
- Developed and analyzed the front-end and back-end using JSP, Servlets and Spring 3.0.
- Improved user interface of the application using CSS.
- Used JDBC for database connectivity to invoke Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Monitored the logs using Log4J and fixed the problem.
- Used Test Driven Development approach and wrote many unit and integration test cases.
- Fixed Defects for modules and performing input validations.