- Almost 8 Years of experience in Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in Software Integration, Configuration, Build & Release management and Development for several markets driven international organizations.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with a specific focus on the build and release of the quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Experience in administering & automating Solaris & Linux. Experience in Automation, Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, Support of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL).
- Hands on experience in using version control tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, GitHub, IBM ClearCase and Bitbucket.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- I was created Jenkins Pipelines using Groovy script to automate the process to deploy.
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven, ANT and Gradle for the building of .jar, .war and .ear files.
- Skilled enough to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl etc.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring, and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, Configuration management, patching, and software deployment.
- Good experience in automating CI and CD pipelines.
- Worked on provisioning different environments using Chef, Puppet, and other Configuration management tools.
- Coordination experience with various teams like Dev, QA and Production Operations.
- Expertise in Amazon Cloud Services and its features.
- Worked on using Kubernetes for container operations in AWS.
- Used Kubernetes clusters as a network and load balancer, Kubernetes is also good at running web applications in a clustered way, also used in multiple services by creating images and reduced space
- Expert level knowledge on Cloud AWS & Azure Services.
- Design solution for various system components using Azure.
- Configure & Setup Azure Hybrid Connection to pull data from services.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Experience in running web-scale services on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience in monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and Syslog.
- Worked with IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and solutions.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Used Stack Driver and AWS cloud monitoring extensively to monitor and debug the cloud-based AWS EC2 services
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, and Linux
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON
Scripting Languages: BASH, Python, Shell, Java, SQL
Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality tracking
CI Tools: Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo and Visual Studio
Build and Release: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK
Web/App servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WAMP, LAMP, IIS, Web sphere.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Ansible tower, Chef, Puppet, Terraform.
Containers Tools: Docker, LXC (Linux Containers), Kubernetes, Docker swarm.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure, Open Stack
Version Control: GIT, SVN, ClearCase, Bit Bucket
Confidential, Topeka, Kansas
Sr. DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Designing, deploying and maintaining the application servers on AWS infrastructure, using services like EC2, S3, Glacier, VPC, Lambda, Route53, SQS, IAM, Code Deploy, CloudFront, RDS, and CloudFormation etc.
- Involved in cloud migration from physical data center towards Amazon Web services (AWS) and had a good understanding of Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Environments.
- Used simple storage services (S3) for snapshot and Configured S3 lifecycle of Application logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Apps.
- Epitizide in Migrating the applications from AWS to Azure.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Setting up the (ELB) to send traffic to all instances in the availability zone.
- Managed hosted Zone and domain name service using Route53.
- Used monitoring services like Cloud Watch to monitor the CPU utilization.
- Worked on Docker service rolling updates, “BLUE GREEN DEPLOYMENT” to implement zero downtime PROD deployments.
- Worked on the Blue Green Deployment workflow from the scratch. Involved in the creation of Application, Service, environment, create Blue Green Deployment Workflow, configure and running the Blue Green Deployment Workflow
- Review/Merge/Remove Git Pull Requests to the bit bucket.
- Hands-on with Git / GitHub for code check-ins/checkouts and branching etc.
- Implementing new project builds framework using Ant (build.xml) & Maven (pom.xml) as build framework tools.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Ansible and Maven in Linux environment.
- Migrated entire project repo stack from SVN to Git Stash.
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis with SonarQube scanner for Maven.
- Integrated Jacoco with Jenkins for code coverage analysis in Java VM based environments.
- Developed continuous delivery product release pipelines, using tools such as Run deck, Jenkins and enable release and operations automation using Ansible.
- Worked on Microservices project- to build Docker containers and deploy to Dev, iTest, PROD.
- Involved in DevOps automation processes for build and deploy systems for legacy and microservices projects.
- Implemented CI/CD for all the Microservices of the OEM application using Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Deployed Scaled and Managed AWS services using Ansible playbooks.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks, role, include statements, vars, modules, check mode (dry run).
- Worked on using Kubernetes for container operations in AWS.
- Used Kubernetes clusters as a network and load balancer, Kubernetes is also good at running web applications in a clustered way, also used in multiple services by creating images and reduced space.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling, Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and micro service container orchestration.
- Provisioned EC2 instances, configured Autoscaling and defining cloud formation JSON templates using Ansible modules.
- Built and maintained Elastic Search, Logstash , Kibana to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Implemented Docker-Maven-Plugin in Maven to build Docker images for all Micro services and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar file.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, SonarQube, Ansible, Kubernetes, Java/J2EE, Python, Jira, Web logic, UNIX, VMware, Artifactory, Shell, Perl, JSON, Docker, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, ELK.
Confidential, Westlake, TX
- Deployed EC2 Instances, adding (EBS) block level storage volume to build the web-based home loans applications.
- End to End deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS. This includes Yamal & Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Created a continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Chef for automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Applications are built using AWS Cloud formation templates (JSON).
- Worked with external providers Systemic and entrust to build Web server certificate.
- Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef.
- Worked in setting up Chef Infrastructure, Chef-Repo and Boot strapping Chef nodes.
- Used Jenkins, Chef, Shell scripts to automate the code deployment & automation of continuous integration infrastructure (GIT and Nexus were also used in this process).
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Automate the local Dev environment using Vagrant/Chef-solo.
- Used Tomcat and Apache (UPF framework) as standard application servers to deploy web applications.
- Strong experience on Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development and Agile Model Driven Development software development life cycle (SDLC) methods.
- Worked AWS stack-AMI Management, Auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, EBS, EC2, IAM, Route53, S3, VPC, EC2 container services, RDS, Cloud Formation.
- Building Docker containers and managing Docker services with Docker machine on a Docker swarm node with Docker swarm manager.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Machine, and Docker Registry.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef and Custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Puppet and Run deck.0
- Good experience in troubleshooting most of the AWS services. On-call support for issues related to Linux VMs hosted in AWS and networking troubleshooting.
- Installing and using Splunk apps for UNIX and Linux.
- Extensive experience of Splunk implementation and standardization.
- Good experience on Splunk Apps and Dashboard creation.
- Update the Network technical diagram for each home loan application and work with the network/firewall engineers to open the ports for downstream connectivity and F5 engineers for load balancer for on-perm applications.
Environment: s: AWS, Solaris 2.9, Red Hat Linux AS/EL 4.0, AIX 5.2 5.3, Docker, Ruby, Bash, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Run deck, Puppet, Subversion, Bash, NT command shell, Java/J2EE, ANT, Gradle, GitHub, Splunk.
- Performed installation of OS on RHEL 5.3 and 5.2 on VMware ESX 3.5 and ProLiant Blade BL and DL series servers using Kickstart.
- Performed Data Migration from AIX LINUX to Red hat Linux.
- Configured the NFS servers, setting up servers in network environment and configuring FTP/NTP/NIS/ servers, for various departments and clients.
- Created the CRON jobs for file backups.
- Configured and Monitored JBOSS instances.
- Troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Installed, configured and updated LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NIS+ on Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX servers.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on Windows servers.
- Code compilation and moving to test environment by automated process.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (Redhat, CentOS).
- Remotely copying files using SFTP, FTP, SCP and FileZilla.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for automated installations, to extract logs using C, Bash, Perl and Python.
- Set up and configure Network, switches, routers, WAN and Firewall.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Windows based system including hardware, software and applications.
- Experience in development with Perl, Python, Power Shell or other scripting languages.
- Project Management for various UNIX/Linux/Windows system integration projects.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, AIX and Windows, Shelliplanet4.1, Python, Perl, Power Shell, BMC Remedy, Sun One6.1, IIS6.0, Windows 2008, Linux, Shell, Oracle 9i.
- Identified the Business Requirements of the project.
- Prepared the Design document by reviewing the Solution Required Specifications.
- Worked on the Change requests and involving in Constructions phase.
- Developed and Worked in EA Frame Work.
- Wrote Test Cases from Function Specifications.
- Handling Status Calls to explain the progress of defects.
- Provided reports and performing cleanup requested by client.
- Java coding to fix the defects and performing unit and integrated testing.
- Capable of creating new database instances & managing table Spaces, users & roles.
- Conversant in XML related technologies.
- Experience in developing dynamic web-based user interfaces using HTML and Java Script.
- Developed backend logic using Servlets, EJB, and JDBC.
- Involved in Developing the Application using Dependency injections.
- Developed Structured & Rule validates in Java.
- Performed Unit testing using JUnit for code coverage.
- SQL statement and procedures to fetch the data from the database.
- Design database backup strategies and performing manual backups and recoveries. Shell scripting for automating the SQL Load jobs for the initial data load.
- Used EJBs (Sessions beans) to implement the business logic, JMS for communication for sending updates to various other applications and MDB for routing priority requests.
- Involved in functional testing for the developed application.
- Developed Integration part to consume with the UI using RIKA services.
- Worked to develop Document upload using Mule configuration and different services.
- Used Maven projects to build the versioned applications.
- Utilized SVN for software configuration management and version control.
- Worked with RSA IDE to develop and deploy complete application.
Environment: Java EE 1.5, JDBC, Multi-Threading, Servlets, JSP, Struts 1.0, XML, XSLT, JUnit, Eclipse, ANT, Web logic server 9.2, Oracle 9i, CVS, Unix, Windows.